Forums/Armchair-GM

Ho-sang

Créé par: Isles777
Équipe: 2019-20 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 5 nov. 2019
Publié: 5 nov. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Lou lamoriello said he has no plans to send Ho-sang to Bridgeport if he can’t trade him. IMO lou probably isn’t looking for a trade, he just wants to spite Ho-sang for asking for a trade. Honestly I don’t Blame Ho-sang for asking to be traded - he got sent down last season when the team was 9-1 with him in the lineup and even Barry trotz said he had a great camp. Just terminate the kids contract and let him go sign with another team. Obviously he’s not a “Lou guy” and would probably never get a fair opportunity here. Lou doesn’t exactly covet speedy playmaking wingers that don’t play physical.
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
3081 500 000 $77 823 332 $0 $1 385 000 $3 676 668 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Islanders de New York
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 7
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 6
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 5
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 4
3 350 000 $3 350 000 $
C
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA - 5
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
AD
RFA - 4
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
C, AD
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
792 500 $792 500 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
AG, C
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
C
UFA - 2
786 666 $786 666 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
AG, AD, C
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 4
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
3 333 333 $3 333 333 $
G
UFA - 1
728 333 $728 333 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
DG
UFA - 1
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
DD
RFA - 3
675 000 $675 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
5 nov. 2019 à 11 h 54
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 389
Y’all want him for Daniel Sprong?
5 nov. 2019 à 12 h 0
Islanders Fan
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,761
Listen to the Terry Ryan episode of Spittin Chiclets, Lou did the same thing with him when he asked for a trade. Think it took about a year to finally complete.
5 nov. 2019 à 12 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Isles7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Quoting: joshelkin
Listen to the Terry Ryan episode of Spittin Chiclets, Lou did the same thing with him when he asked for a trade. Think it took about a year to finally complete.

Yeah I listened to that episode, Lou is a spiteful guy at times
5 nov. 2019 à 12 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Isles7
Quoting: Arlotti47
Y’all want him for Daniel Sprong?

I would do that, don’t think lou lamoriello cares to trade uim
5 nov. 2019 à 12 h 20
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,760
Lou is a spiteful guy, but come on? Ho-sang was offered to every team in the league for free at 874 K and nobody bit. I dont think Lou is the issue here. That being said I want him to get a fresh start
5 nov. 2019 à 12 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Isles7
Quoting: masterjuddi
Lou is a spiteful guy, but come on? Ho-sang was offered to every team in the league for free at 874 K and nobody bit. I dont think Lou is the issue here. That being said I want him to get a fresh start

GM usually know if a player is going to clear waivers
5 nov. 2019 à 12 h 24
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 129
lol.. dude, this schtick is getting old. We get it, you don't like the way Lou and Trotz treat the youngsters (and in some cases you're right), but not EVERY post and EVERY comment has to be about it. Ho-Sang had his chance with the Isles, and his BEHAVIOR issues are why he's in the dog house. After all these seasons of being reprimanded for his behavior issues the kid still hasn't grown up, I have no issues with Lou taking his time to find a good trade for the Isles and letting JHS sit out. Maybe the kid will learn his lesson when no one wants to trade for him, but I doubt it.

I will say this, I am on the Dobson should be playing over Boychuk and Wahlstrom should be in the Top 6 till Eberle comes back trains... but Lou and Trotz made this team into a legit playoff contender in ONE offseason without making any major moves. Most "experts" said it would take at least 3 years and they did it in a an offseason. Maybe, just maybe, they know what they are doing, no matter how frustrating it is for us fans to see Vets playing over the kids.
5 nov. 2019 à 12 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Isles7
Quoting: Hockeygoalie53
lol.. dude, this schtick is getting old. We get it, you don't like the way Lou and Trotz treat the youngsters (and in some cases you're right), but not EVERY post and EVERY comment has to be about it. Ho-Sang had his chance with the Isles, and his BEHAVIOR issues are why he's in the dog house. After all these seasons of being reprimanded for his behavior issues the kid still hasn't grown up, I have no issues with Lou taking his time to find a good trade for the Isles and letting JHS sit out. Maybe the kid will learn his lesson when no one wants to trade for him, but I doubt it.

I will say this, I am on the Dobson should be playing over Boychuk and Wahlstrom should be in the Top 6 till Eberle comes back trains... but Lou and Trotz made this team into a legit playoff contender in ONE offseason without making any major moves. Most "experts" said it would take at least 3 years and they did it in a an offseason. Maybe, just maybe, they know what they are doing, no matter how frustrating it is for us fans to see Vets playing over the kids.

This literally has nothing to do with trotz or player development.

Ho-sang Will be turning 24 soon and it’s obvious he’ll never get a long look for the islanders. All of the “behavior” issues at the NHL level are speculation - no one knows a thing. I don’t want Ho-sang to play for the islanders, I just want them to terminate his contract and let both sides move on.

My opinion is that Lou is probably asking for a lot in a trade for Ho-sang and that he doesn’t have any interest in trading him just to spite him and let him sit out for a year, which is wrong
5 nov. 2019 à 12 h 42
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,156
if JHS just reported to Bridgeport he would have now been an islander for three weeks running, going on a month. His selfishness now has him trying to gauge other options.

Oh, and another thing about JHS? He sucks. I mean hes really bad. Mind isn't in the right place and he doesn't help the team on the ice. He had 2 points in 10 games but said he should've stayed up because the team went 9-1 during his stay. I guarantee you won't hear Wahlstrom say "we went 10-0 even though I didn't have a single point when I was up"
5 nov. 2019 à 12 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Isles7
Quoting: linehan10
if JHS just reported to Bridgeport he would have now been an islander for three weeks running, going on a month. His selfishness now has him trying to gauge other options.

Oh, and another thing about JHS? He sucks. I mean hes really bad. Mind isn't in the right place and he doesn't help the team on the ice. He had 2 points in 10 games but said he should've stayed up because the team went 9-1 during his stay. I guarantee you won't hear Wahlstrom say "we went 10-0 even though I didn't have a single point when I was up"

2 pts in 10 games but statistically the islanders were a better team when he was on the ice , and that’s a fact. He was also solid defensively which took away from creating offense, just like most other players last year. But you probably don’t care about that since you seem to despise Ho-sang.

I don’t want Ho-sang to play for the islanders, his time his up, and he had every right to ask for a trade. Trotz said he had a great camp and basically did everything right to make the team. That’s coming from the coach - if I’m Ho-sang I’d ask for a trade as well
5 nov. 2019 à 12 h 52
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 143
Quoting: masterjuddi

waivers are an extension of the old boys' club. nobody will ever claim a real prospect off waivers because they'll get blacklisted by every other GM for trades. NHL management doesn't play out like a competition, it's more of a social club for NHL oldheads. it's banal and unfun for us viewers, but it's reality.
Isles777 a aimé ceci.
5 nov. 2019 à 13 h 2
Quoting: Isles777
2 pts in 10 games but statistically the islanders were a better team when he was on the ice , and that’s a fact. He was also solid defensively which took away from creating offense, just like most other players last year. But you probably don’t care about that since you seem to despise Ho-sang.

I don’t want Ho-sang to play for the islanders, his time his up, and he had every right to ask for a trade. Trotz said he had a great camp and basically did everything right to make the team. That’s coming from the coach - if I’m Ho-sang I’d ask for a trade as well

The problem I have with it now is that Lou is being framed by some members of the fanbase for intentionally trying to sabotage him. That could not be further from the truth. JHS was assigned to Bridgeport, and he didn't report. It starts and ends there. They needed a RW five games into the season but JHS wasn't there. Its his fault and his fault only.
Hockeygoalie53 a aimé ceci.
5 nov. 2019 à 13 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Isles7
The problem I have with it now is that Lou is being framed by some members of the fanbase for intentionally trying to sabotage him. That could not be further from the truth. JHS was assigned to Bridgeport, and he didn't report. It starts and ends there. They needed a RW five games into the season but JHS wasn't there. Its his fault and his fault only.

As @joshelkin said, Lou has done this before. It’s not a secret that he can be spiteful. Everyone knows that even if Ho-sang got called up and played great, he would still get sent down once komarov came back. He had every right to ask for a trade.
5 nov. 2019 à 13 h 12
As @joshelkin said, Lou has done this before. It’s not a secret that he can be spiteful. Everyone knows that even if Ho-sang got called up and played great, he would still get sent down once komarov came back. He had every right to ask for a trade.

He has every right to ask for a trade, sure. But, the isles don't have to play him because of it. What good comes from playing a player you're actively trying to trade? Hurts players that actually want to be here and earn a chance, not just whine.
5 nov. 2019 à 13 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Isles7
He has every right to ask for a trade, sure. But, the isles don't have to play him because of it. What good comes from playing a player you're actively trying to trade? Hurts players that actually want to be here and earn a chance, not just whine.

Every day that goes by that he doesn’t get traded, his value decreases even more - which leads me to believe LL doesn’t actually care if he gets traded. They should just terminate his contract.
5 nov. 2019 à 13 h 22
Every day that goes by that he doesn’t get traded, his value decreases even more - which leads me to believe LL doesn’t actually care if he gets traded. They should just terminate his contract.

His value is already at an all time low. 30 teams passed on taking him for free. If they terminated his contract someone would take a flier and store him in the AHL. When a player simply doesn't want to be here, Lou is very much allowed to ignore it. He's in the business of winning hockey games, not fulfilling Josh Ho-Sang's wants and desires.
CD282 a aimé ceci.
5 nov. 2019 à 13 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Isles7
His value is already at an all time low. 30 teams passed on taking him for free. If they terminated his contract someone would take a flier and store him in the AHL. When a player simply doesn't want to be here, Lou is very much allowed to ignore it. He's in the business of winning hockey games, not fulfilling Josh Ho-Sang's wants and desires.

Read the comment above. GM know when a player will clear waivers. Any team would send him to the minors for sure, but he would get a better opportunity on another team. The best way to eliminate any talk/distraction regarding Ho-sang is to move on and terminate his contract.
5 nov. 2019 à 14 h 19
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 129
This literally has nothing to do with trotz or player development.

Ho-sang Will be turning 24 soon and it’s obvious he’ll never get a long look for the islanders. All of the “behavior” issues at the NHL level are speculation - no one knows a thing. I don’t want Ho-sang to play for the islanders, I just want them to terminate his contract and let both sides move on.

My opinion is that Lou is probably asking for a lot in a trade for Ho-sang and that he doesn’t have any interest in trading him just to spite him and let him sit out for a year, which is wrong

His issues at the NHL level are not speculation - It's been reported that he overslept and was late for camp on occasions and then got pissed when the Isles disciplined him and sent him down for it. The kid has talent, I'm not doubting that, but he's obviously got issues with discipline and behavior, that's not speculation it's fact. It's also a fact that under Lou and Trotz those issues aren't going to fly, no matter how talented you are.

Also, 30 teams had a shot to claim him for nothing and passed. And it's not because the GMs are an "old boys club" as you say, it's because no one wants to deal with JHS' personality and issues. Same thing goes for the kid in EDM (not gonna try and spell his name out), who is supposedly more talented than JHS. Ho-Sang hurt himself even more when he didn't show up for Bridgeport and demanded a trade. Kid should have kept his mouth shut and played in the AHL, maybe it would have been easier to trade him then.

Lou hasn't done anything wrong in this situation... he has no obligation to trade Ho-Sang for less than Lou thinks he should get. If that means JHS sits out the season, then that's on Ho-Sang and not Lou. As I said in my previous comment... maybe sitting out an entire season and realizing no other team wants to trade for him will wake him up and change his attitude.
5 nov. 2019 à 14 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Isles7
Modifié 5 nov. 2019 à 14 h 42
Quoting: Hockeygoalie53
His issues at the NHL level are not speculation - It's been reported that he overslept and was late for camp on occasions and then got pissed when the Isles disciplined him and sent him down for it. The kid has talent, I'm not doubting that, but he's obviously got issues with discipline and behavior, that's not speculation it's fact. It's also a fact that under Lou and Trotz those issues aren't going to fly, no matter how talented you are.

Also, 30 teams had a shot to claim him for nothing and passed. And it's not because the GMs are an "old boys club" as you say, it's because no one wants to deal with JHS' personality and issues. Same thing goes for the kid in EDM (not gonna try and spell his name out), who is supposedly more talented than JHS. Ho-Sang hurt himself even more when he didn't show up for Bridgeport and demanded a trade. Kid should have kept his mouth shut and played in the AHL, maybe it would have been easier to trade him then.

Lou hasn't done anything wrong in this situation... he has no obligation to trade Ho-Sang for less than Lou thinks he should get. If that means JHS sits out the season, then that's on Ho-Sang and not Lou. As I said in my previous comment... maybe sitting out an entire season and realizing no other team wants to trade for him will wake him up and change his attitude.

1. That was in his first training camp 5 years ago. You are using that as confirmation bias to prove a point. Please cite an article or tweet from a verified source that said ho-sang has had attitude issues/off ice issues in the last 2 years.

2. It is 100% because GM are an "old boys club" - the athletic even wrote an article explaining why players like ho-sang clear waivers. Ho-sang was planning to report to Bridgeport , he just asked for a trade and Lou Lamoriello told him not to report to Bridgeport. If ho-sang felt that he is not being given a fair opportunity , then I don't see a problem with him asking for a trade. He's not 19-20 years old. He's 24.

3. "Ho-sang has attitude issues and no one wants him" - then why shouldn't LL terminate his contract? The only reason to let him sit out for a season is to spite him and "teach him a lesson" but that does no good for ho-sang or the team because he's done with the organization. It basically leaves him with no trade value whatsoever. He will never play another game for BPT or the islanders. So really there's not point in holding on to ho-sang, it creates a distraction more than anything.

Trotz had some high praise for ho-sang after training camp, saying it was his best camp and he was consistent. Lamoriello on ho-sang : he came in and did everything that you could ask of a player to try and win a spot. So then why wasn't he given an opportunity. Listen, its still Lou Lamoriello team, but the fact that both him and trotz basically said he had a great camp and still didn't make the roster over guys like kuhnhackl. komarov, and Johnston is odd. You can't blame ho-sang for wanting a fresh start. Everyone knows they'll never give ho-sang a long look.
5 nov. 2019 à 14 h 50
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,771
Quoting: grok
waivers are an extension of the old boys' club. nobody will ever claim a real prospect off waivers because they'll get blacklisted by every other GM for trades. NHL management doesn't play out like a competition, it's more of a social club for NHL oldheads. it's banal and unfun for us viewers, but it's reality.

BS.
masterjuddi a aimé ceci.
5 nov. 2019 à 15 h 46
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 143
Quoting: CD282
BS.

excellent analysis
5 nov. 2019 à 15 h 53
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,771
excellent analysis

Agreed.
6 nov. 2019 à 9 h 51

Ho-sang hasnt reported to the AHL (at the Islanders request) because Lou didnt want him to "distract the farm team." but youre saying "nobody would claim a real prospect" that doesnt add up
6 nov. 2019 à 9 h 52
Quoting: CD282
BS.

exactly. GM's need to make their team better and claiming a guy is one way of doing that
CD282 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage