Forums/Armchair-GM

No Stars - Do They Make The Playoffs

Créé par: Random2152
Équipe: 2019-20 Équipe personnalisée
Date de création initiale: 5 oct. 2019
Publié: 5 oct. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
A team made up of secondary players - No true stars. Would they make the playoffs?
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $68 453 701 $0 $0 $13 046 299 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Capitals de Washington
3 350 000 $3 350 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
3 083 333 $3 083 333 $
C
UFA - 2
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 6
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 6
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
2 280 000 $2 280 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
925 000 $925 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Logo de Flames de Calgary
3 857 143 $3 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
2 325 000 $2 325 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
3 333 225 $3 333 225 $
DG
UFA - 3
Logo de Capitals de Washington
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
700 000 $700 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
5 oct. 2019 à 11 h 24
I hate this team
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 467
Nah maybe if there lucky 1st round
5 oct. 2019 à 11 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,673
Modifié 5 oct. 2019 à 11 h 36. Raison: Spelling and added a bit on Vrana
Quoting: Nohate

I think it depends on where they are located. If they are in the East i'd wager no, but if they were in the West (or the Pacific to be even more specific) I think they would have a decent chance.
Tuch is about to break out, Kadri is a little underrated due to being burried in Toronto and being backedup by Danault and Brown down the middle is great depth. I really like Vrana as a player and think he could do well in top minutes.
Murray was quietly having a great season last year and was playing at the level of a #2-3 Dman. Having DeHaan is good also. Stecher is actually decent (even though he plays on VAN) and Jensen is a good bottom 4 option. In limited games (50:50 split) the goalies should be fine as well. I think they could have a good shot in the west, and be playing for a WC in the east/ metro.
5 oct. 2019 à 12 h 44
Math and Sports
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 162
No. Spreading talent throughout your roster is not how you win hockey games. Uneven usage is a thing. If you play Colorado, Toronto, or Winnipeg, you should expect to see those top two lines about 35-38 minutes of ice time. That means that your team is being dominated for more than 50% of the game on paper.

Ideally a fourth line should be cheap, and passable. Guys on ELCs or good veterans on discounts ideally. Right now, as a Jets fan, I am super happy with Mason Appleton and Jack Roslovic on my 4th line.
5 oct. 2019 à 13 h 0
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,572
Quoting: Nohate

Yeah probably
5 oct. 2019 à 14 h 11
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,401
Quoting: TheCelt
No. Spreading talent throughout your roster is not how you win hockey games.

Well, that's not necessarily true. With some better player choices, especially on defense, it can be done.
5 oct. 2019 à 22 h 57
Math and Sports
Quoting: mokumboi
Well, that's not necessarily true. With some better player choices, especially on defense, it can be done.

You're going to have to give me a recent example of a team that's had success in the cap era without at least an above average top 6. I can't think of any off the top of my head but I can think of countless examples in which the opposite is true, and strong top 6s and top 4s seem the clearest correlation to winning.
5 oct. 2019 à 23 h 7
mokumboi
You're going to have to give me a recent example of a team that's had success in the cap era without at least an above average top 6. I can't think of any off the top of my head but I can think of countless examples in which the opposite is true, and strong top 6s and top 4s seem the clearest correlation to winning.

Lots of teams have strong top 6's and top 4's. The teams that also have quality third lines, checking lines and depth in defense win plenty. The Blues certainly had an excellent top 2 lines and top d-men, but the back half of their roster contributed a helluva lot, too. Certain recent star-studded teams haven't won the Cup because their squad balance is so poor: San Jose, Toronto, Winnipeg, Nashville, etc.
5 oct. 2019 à 23 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
Lots of teams have strong top 6's and top 4's. The teams that also have quality third lines, checking lines and depth in defense win plenty. The Blues certainly had an excellent top 2 lines and top d-men, but the back half of their roster contributed a helluva lot, too. Certain recent star-studded teams haven't won the Cup because their squad balance is so poor: San Jose, Toronto, Winnipeg, Nashville, etc.

You aren't really calling Toronto s squad balance poor are you?
Forward depth for ages and a massively underrated d core (when healthy) plus one of the best goalies in the league.
5 oct. 2019 à 23 h 27
Math and Sports

Again gonna have to disagree with that one. The Blues don't have a bad roster top to bottom, but the Blues top 6, top 4, and goaltending was absolutely the reason they won the cup. Tyler Bozak and Sundqvist were the only two bottom 6 forwards to crack the top 10 even strength points in their roster, and finished 5th and 9th in scoring respectively. That's pretty par for the course from what you would expect a front loaded team to look like. Especially when you consider Bozak averages 10 minutes of even strength per game. That reads more like a statistical anomaly than the Blues bringing a completely rounded roster.
6 oct. 2019 à 4 h 26
mokumboi
Quoting: Random2152
You aren't really calling Toronto s squad balance poor are you?
Forward depth for ages and a massively underrated d core (when healthy) plus one of the best goalies in the league.

I'm not really counting this season, as we're only two games in so no Cup to be won. But yes, Toronto has had weak D pairings and lines that get taken advantage of. For the quality they've had at the top of the line-up the last few years, they still haven't won a division or got out of the first round.
6 oct. 2019 à 4 h 27
mokumboi
Again gonna have to disagree with that one. The Blues don't have a bad roster top to bottom, but the Blues top 6, top 4, and goaltending was absolutely the reason they won the cup. Tyler Bozak and Sundqvist were the only two bottom 6 forwards to crack the top 10 even strength points in their roster, and finished 5th and 9th in scoring respectively. That's pretty par for the course from what you would expect a front loaded team to look like. Especially when you consider Bozak averages 10 minutes of even strength per game. That reads more like a statistical anomaly than the Blues bringing a completely rounded roster.

Try measuring by more than just points. The Blues 3rd line and checking line were huge in the spring, while D-men like Gunnarson and Bortuzzo played aces throughout the playoffs, even chipping in with vitally important goals.
6 oct. 2019 à 12 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
I'm not really counting this season, as we're only two games in so no Cup to be won. But yes, Toronto has had weak D pairings and lines that get taken advantage of. For the quality they've had at the top of the line-up the last few years, they still haven't won a division or got out of the first round.

That is because they are in the same division as the 1st and 2nd best team in the league lol. We have been (statistically) playing ~the 4th best league wide but in a division where 1&2 are it doesn't matter.

D wise (especially last year) I wont argue with the weak spots bit but your are REALLY underrating Toronto's forward depth man.
6 oct. 2019 à 12 h 54
mokumboi
That is because they are in the same division as the 1st and 2nd best team in the league lol.

D wise (especially last year) I wont argue with the weak spots bit but your are REALLY underrating Toronto's forward depth man.

It's funny you mention they had to play the "best two teams" the last two playoffs because very balanced Washington beat Tampa Bay, and then the very balanced Blues were able to beat Boston.

I'm aware of the three-line F depth, but who was the supposed shutdown checking line last year? And how well-rounded are some of those top line wingers with all the points anyway? When Gauthier, Ennis and Leivo play over 160 total games, there's some deep line weakness going on.
6 oct. 2019 à 13 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Just Keep Swimming
It's funny you mention they had to play the "best two teams" the last two playoffs because very balanced Washington beat Tampa Bay, and then the very balanced Blues were able to beat Boston.

I'm aware of the three-line F depth, but who was the supposed shutdown checking line last year? And how well-rounded are some of those top line wingers with all the points anyway? When Gauthier, Ennis and Leivo play over 160 total games, there's some deep line weakness going on.

Let's look at this year because it is more relevant (and most of the guys are the same).
Trevor Moore is on our 4th line making 775k for two years and is already playing as well as a 3rd liner.
Mik looks like he was made in a lab by babs and can play the Hyman role well.
Kerfoot is a good defensive centre (replacing Kadri who was a very underrated defensive centre).

We don't throw a line away to play 100% defense unless the line happens to be the Bergeron line (and they did that well I'd like to point out). We have the puck all game and don't give them a shot.

The top 6 is undeniable and the bottom 6 is hugely underrated.

Ennis was good in a 4th line role last year, goat has turned himself into an NHL player and leivo is an NHL player. He is playing middle 6 with the nucks. On a good team like ours he was barely a 4th liner and that shows you our depth. Hell dude you clearly don't know what you are talking about.
6 oct. 2019 à 14 h 34
Math and Sports
Try measuring by more than just points. The Blues 3rd line and checking line were huge in the spring, while D-men like Gunnarson and Bortuzzo played aces throughout the playoffs, even chipping in with vitally important goals.

lol what exactly would you measure by? Corsi? Sure, but having positive corsi at 10 minutes of even strength is even less impressive, since the stat devalues with less ice time, but it gets even better since Gunnarson and Bortuzzo had -3 and -6 relcorsi respectively.
6 oct. 2019 à 17 h 33
mokumboi
Let's look at this year because it is more relevant (and most of the guys are the same).
Trevor Moore is on our 4th line making 775k for two years and is already playing as well as a 3rd liner.
Mik looks like he was made in a lab by babs and can play the Hyman role well.
Kerfoot is a good defensive centre (replacing Kadri who was a very underrated defensive centre).

We don't throw a line away to play 100% defense unless the line happens to be the Bergeron line (and they did that well I'd like to point out). We have the puck all game and don't give them a shot.

The top 6 is undeniable and the bottom 6 is hugely underrated.

Ennis was good in a 4th line role last year, goat has turned himself into an NHL player and leivo is an NHL player. He is playing middle 6 with the nucks. On a good team like ours he was barely a 4th liner and that shows you our depth. Hell dude you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Heh, okay then.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage