Forums/Armchair-GM

Clarkson must be the plan to sign Marner

Créé par: Watty1
Équipe: 2019-20 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 23 juill. 2019
Publié: 23 juill. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
It has to be. Why else would they take Clarkson back?
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
510 500 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de CBJ
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de COL
Logo de EDM
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $80 985 532 $0 $400 000 $514 468 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
11 634 000 $11 634 000 $
C
UFA - 5
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 6
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 5
737 500 $737 500 $
AG
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 4
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
NTC
UFA - 1
675 000 $675 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
23 juill. 2019 à 19 h 56
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,736
blowing_the_zone a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2019 à 20 h 3
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 248
This trade is ridiculous for both teams. For TML why take this contract.... Before you have $5M of cap space and $5.3 of LTIR (Horton). After the trade you have $0 cap space and $10.3 of LTIR. TML pays the Clakson contract (the last year) only to get a 4th round pick ?? and giving their third Goalie. Vegas getting a backup goalie and don't get cap relief because of Clarkson LTIR contract. I truly don't understand what is the impact on the Marner contract.
23 juill. 2019 à 20 h 10
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 182
Quoting: Bigphil
This trade is ridiculous for both teams. For TML why take this contract.... Before you have $5M of cap space and $5.3 of LTIR (Horton). After the trade you have $0 cap space and $10.3 of LTIR. TML pays the Clakson contract (the last year) only to get a 4th round pick ?? and giving their third Goalie. Vegas getting a backup goalie and don't get cap relief because of Clarkson LTIR contract. I truly don't understand what is the impact on the Marner contract.

That's not how LTIR works. In that scenario, they would only be able to spend $300,000 over the cap. When a player goes on LTIR, you don't get to spend the equivalent of their entire salary over the cap limit unless you were already at the limit. Whatever space you have under the limit before LTIR, has to be used up before going over the ceiling.
23 juill. 2019 à 20 h 11
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Jester9881
That's not how LTIR works. In that scenario, they would only be able to spend $300,000 over the cap. When a player goes on LTIR, you don't get to spend the equivalent of their entire salary over the cap limit unless you were already at the limit. Whatever space you have before the ceiling is used up by the LTIR salary before you can spend over it.

Exactly. Seriously @Bigphil read this. It explains the whole thing.
23 juill. 2019 à 20 h 11
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,540

Huh. This seems like a bit of a stroke of genius.

With Clarkson in place Marner loses a bit of leverage, no? I mean, before the trade Marner could kinda push the leafs to sign him at his number before camp or threatened to hold out, which would create an inflated cap hit ala Nylander.. which is something the leafs couldn't handle before this trade.

But now they can LTIR 10.5M to cover the impact if Marner holds out for a period of time. If I'm getting this right the leafs seem to be covering their butts in a way they can handle a hold out tactic.

Am I on track here?
Random2152 et Goulet a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2019 à 20 h 13
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,268

it allows for greater flexibility for the leafs to sign marner in season.

remember last year when nylander had a huge cap hit compared to the rest of his contract? well in the event something similar happens with marner they'll be able to handle it.
23 juill. 2019 à 20 h 14
If you're sitting 5m under the ceiling, and LTIR a player with a 6m cap hit, you will be able to spend 1m over the cap ceiling.
Random2152 a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2019 à 20 h 15
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: blowing_the_zone

With Clarkson in place Marner loses a bit of leverage, no? I mean, before the trade Marner could kinda push the leafs to sign him at his number before camp or threatened to hold out, which would create an inflated cap hit ala Nylander.. which is something the leafs couldn't handle before this trade.

But now they can LTIR 10.5M to cover the impact if Marner holds out for a period of time. If I'm getting this right the leafs seem to be covering their butts in a way they can handle a hold out tactic.

Am I on track here?

Pretty much. The TL;DR goes something like so:
Leafs could sign Marner in the off season before the trade, the LTIR Horton to be compliant with the cap.
Leafs could NOT sign Marner if he held out before the trade because we need the Horton LTIR in order to do it. The problem is that due to the way LTIR works, we couldnt use the Horton LTIR UNTIL Marner signed, which presented a catch-22.
This trade puts them right at the cap where they can utilise all 10.5 million whether Marner signs before the season or holds out. Add in the fact that we only actually pay ~1M in salary explains the return.

Pridham needs a raise.
23 juill. 2019 à 20 h 15
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,268

Am I on track here?

iirc toronto has a guy whose job is to specifically work the salary cap.

but yeah now toronto doesn't need to rush to sign marner before the season.
23 juill. 2019 à 20 h 22
If you're sitting 5m under the ceiling, and LTIR a player with a 6m cap hit, you will be able to spend 1m over the cap ceiling.

Right. But if you're tight to the cap at the beginning of the season and then you LTIR say a Horton and a Clarkson then they pretty much have their combined cap hit to play with still.. I.e. 10.5M..

Which coincidentally seems to be the upper limit the leafs seem to be prepared to pay to Marner in the event of an OS.. anything more than that, they let him walk and take 4 firsts.

And the 10.5M covers the upper limit of the inflated cap hit of a hold out by Marner.

The move seems to check a few boxes..
23 juill. 2019 à 20 h 24
Quoting: Random2152
Pretty much. The TL;DR goes something like so:
Leafs could sign Marner in the off season before the trade, the LTIR Horton to be compliant with the cap.
Leafs could NOT sign Marner if he held out before the trade because we need the Horton LTIR in order to do it. The problem is that due to the way LTIR works, we couldnt use the Horton LTIR UNTIL Marner signed, which presented a catch-22.
This trade puts them right at the cap where they can utilise all 10.5 million whether Marner signs before the season or holds out. Add in the fact that we only actually pay ~1M in salary explains the return.

Pridham needs a raise.

Gotcha. Thanks.

And yes, it certainly is an advantage to have Pridham around. Didn't the dude help design the cap rules prior to joining the leafs?
Goulet a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2019 à 20 h 25
Right. But if you're tight to the cap at the beginning of the season and then you LTIR say a Horton and a Clarkson then they pretty much have their combined cap hit to play with still.. I.e. 10.5M..

Which coincidentally seems to be the upper limit the leafs seem to be prepared to pay to Marner in the event of an OS.. anything more than that, they let him walk and take 4 firsts.

And the 10.5M covers the upper limit of the inflated cap hit of a hold out by Marner.

The move seems to check a few boxes..

Correct. To get the full benefit of LTIR you have to be as close to the cap ceiling as possible.
23 juill. 2019 à 20 h 32
Jangle29
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 832

clearly you do not know the rules then
23 juill. 2019 à 20 h 39
Gardner incoming 7yrs, 8m per. sarcasm
23 juill. 2019 à 21 h 3
Marner Enthusiast
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 996

Am I on track here?

I think you are right but honestly if the Leafs do this then Marner will leave guaranteed.
23 juill. 2019 à 21 h 5
Quoting: BrandonDubinskyGOAT
I think you are right but honestly if the Leafs do this then Marner will leave guaranteed.

Why?
23 juill. 2019 à 21 h 5
Marner Enthusiast

Am I on track here?

Quoting: mondo
it allows for greater flexibility for the leafs to sign marner in season.

remember last year when nylander had a huge cap hit compared to the rest of his contract? well in the event something similar happens with marner they'll be able to handle it.

Quoting: mondo
iirc toronto has a guy whose job is to specifically work the salary cap.

but yeah now toronto doesn't need to rush to sign marner before the season.

Quoting: Jangle29
clearly you do not know the rules then

Everyone needs to calm down, this trade doesn’t hurt the Leafs since the 5.3 million dollar cap goes straight to the LTIR. They lost Sparks who is one of the most pathetic goalies of all time with a stinking attitude.

Please check out my all time Slovakia hockey team and let me know your opinions regarding my player selections! https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1347560
23 juill. 2019 à 21 h 6
Marner Enthusiast
Why?

His father won’t let him take less.
23 juill. 2019 à 21 h 9
Quoting: BrandonDubinskyGOAT
His father won’t let him take less.

Lol. Ok
23 juill. 2019 à 21 h 45
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855

Am I on track here?

Dubas and Pridham are so far ahead of the curve its awesome!

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage