Forums/Armchair-GM

Marner 975

Créé par: Nipps_4
Équipe: 2019-20 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 7 juill. 2019
Publié: 7 juill. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
No trades, only signing Marner. & demoting/promoting.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
39 750 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de CBJ
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de COL
Logo de EDM
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $81 522 199 $0 $0 $-22 199 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
11 634 000 $11 634 000 $
C
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 5
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
9 750 000 $9 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 6
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 4
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
NTC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
G
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
675 000 $675 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
737 500 $737 500 $
AG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 juill. 2019 à 9 h 3
AAAHHH !!! FIRE !!!!
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 213
I doubt he signs for any thing less than Matthews money. Pretty sure he will get offer sheeted by a team with money to spare. He might be offered Panarin money (which Panarin turned down of 12.5M).
7 juill. 2019 à 9 h 3
AAAHHH !!! FIRE !!!!
I doubt he signs for any thing less than Matthews money. Pretty sure he will get offer sheeted by a team with money to spare. He might be offered Panarin money (which Panarin turned down of 12.5M).
7 juill. 2019 à 9 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 7
He may / he may not... I was just outlining that there is room. He can sign for more, leafs can make trades.
7 juill. 2019 à 9 h 22
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,156
Quoting: Nipps_4
He may / he may not... I was just outlining that there is room. He can sign for more, leafs can make trades.

Do you think they’d trade Nylander to fit Marner at 12.5? I bet they’d let him walk
7 juill. 2019 à 9 h 43
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 587
Quoting: linehan10
Do you think they’d trade Nylander to fit Marner at 12.5? I bet they’d let him walk

Hockey is a good example of bias media. Marner is not much better than Nylander. But Canadians think so because Marner is Canadian and Willie is not. I hope that the Leafs are not as stupid as the Rangers to pay that much money for a winger of that caliber. Nylander is a young man. Nylander will do well this season. Especially if he can play with Matthews again.
Maj a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2019 à 10 h 22
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,963
Quoting: Maj

Why do folks think he getting Matthews money? Leafs are under no obligation to sign to make Marner the second highest paid player in the league. Let's see an offer sheet. And really I would like to know of these teams that can offer sheet Marner , that wouldn't have to sell off assets or not the abllity to resign their own players starting next season.
7 juill. 2019 à 10 h 27
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,963
Quoting: Gordon_Bombay
Hockey is a good example of bias media. Marner is not much better than Nylander. But Canadians think so because Marner is Canadian and Willie is not. I hope that the Leafs are not as stupid as the Rangers to pay that much money for a winger of that caliber. Nylander is a young man. Nylander will do well this season. Especially if he can play with Matthews again.

I know it's subjective but by all stats...and the eye test, Marner is the superior player. Wow, I know the folks in Alberta sometimes don't wish they were in Canada, but geez since Nylander was born in Calgary and spend most of hockey development years in North America, gotta think he's a Canadian in the eyes of the hockey world.
Maj a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2019 à 10 h 36
Marner Enthusiast
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 996

Quoting: palhal
I know it's subjective but by all stats...and the eye test, Marner is the superior player. Wow, I know the folks in Alberta sometimes don't wish they were in Canada, but geez since Nylander was born in Calgary and spend most of hockey development years in North America, gotta think he's a Canadian in the eyes of the hockey world.

Nylander before signing the contract played with the most talented and dynamic centre on the team, Matthews. Yet he only notched 61 points as a career high. Marner on the other hand, played with Bozak and Kadri, 2 centres with significantly less talent than Matthews yet he still managed 61 and 70 points respectively, so this already puts him ahead of Nylander. Last season, Marner played with Tavares, a complete play driving centre forward but he’s still no Matthews. Marner notched 94 points, 33 more than Nylander’s career best. Also, Marner has a better all round game and more raw talent. His stick handling, dekes, dangling, creativity and vision are all superior to the Swede. That should reasonably put him higher than Nylander by a good margin. Also, I see Marner working relentlessly away from the puck, using his speed and taking hits to win battles. With Nylander, I see no such thing. Whenever he doesn’t have the puck he just floats around or skates off. Talk about being lazy yet people don’t understand why Nylander gets hate yet Marner doesn’t. You just look at the efforts they put in and I think it’s justified.
Maj et Isles777 a aimé ceci.
7 juill. 2019 à 10 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Quoting: linehan10

No need to trade Nylander if Marner signs for 12.5.
They have 9.75 available.

12.5 - 9.75 = 2.75.

All they would have to move is 2.75... or have a trade that nets them 2.75 cap relief.
7 juill. 2019 à 11 h 14
AAAHHH !!! FIRE !!!!
Quoting: palhal
Why do folks think he getting Matthews money? Leafs are under no obligation to sign to make Marner the second highest paid player in the league. Let's see an offer sheet. And really I would like to know of these teams that can offer sheet Marner , that wouldn't have to sell off assets or not the abllity to resign their own players starting next season.

Why do folks think he getting Matthews money? ----------> No one thinks he deserves Matthews money because he doesnt have the skill set like Matthews, but that is what he was asking for.
7 juill. 2019 à 13 h 15
Isles7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Quoting: Nipps_4
No need to trade Nylander if Marner signs for 12.5.
They have 9.75 available.

12.5 - 9.75 = 2.75.

All they would have to move is 2.75... or have a trade that nets them 2.75 cap relief.

That would be a dumb move by the leafs to match 12.5 AAV offer sheet. Three forwards taking up almost 50% of the cap is far from ideal. That basically guarantees they won’t be able to re-sign Muzzin (who will command north of 6 mill AAV) or Barrie ( at least 7.5 mill).
7 juill. 2019 à 14 h 3
Quoting: BrandonDubinskyGOAT
Nylander before signing the contract played with the most talented and dynamic centre on the team, Matthews. Yet he only notched 61 points as a career high. Marner on the other hand, played with Bozak and Kadri, 2 centres with significantly less talent than Matthews yet he still managed 61 and 70 points respectively, so this already puts him ahead of Nylander. Last season, Marner played with Tavares, a complete play driving centre forward but he’s still no Matthews. Marner notched 94 points, 33 more than Nylander’s career best. Also, Marner has a better all round game and more raw talent. His stick handling, dekes, dangling, creativity and vision are all superior to the Swede. That should reasonably put him higher than Nylander by a good margin. Also, I see Marner working relentlessly away from the puck, using his speed and taking hits to win battles. With Nylander, I see no such thing. Whenever he doesn’t have the puck he just floats around or skates off. Talk about being lazy yet people don’t understand why Nylander gets hate yet Marner doesn’t. You just look at the efforts they put in and I think it’s justified.

How did Marner do in the playoffs? In my opinion he did not do much in 5 of the 7 games. But he had JvR on the other wing. probably a better winger than Nylander hat on the other side during his time with the Leafs. I do not question that Marner should get more than Nylander. However, I think the gap between the two is less than 2m per year. Everything more than 9 AAV will reduce the chanes for winning a cup a lot. Also, I hope that the Leafs win a Stanley Cup, and not scoring titles, All Star game votes etc. If you justify more than 9 for Marner, you will have a hard time in contract talks with Rielly and Andersen.
7 juill. 2019 à 14 h 42
Marner Enthusiast
How did Marner do in the playoffs? In my opinion he did not do much in 5 of the 7 games. But he had JvR on the other wing. probably a better winger than Nylander hat on the other side during his time with the Leafs. I do not question that Marner should get more than Nylander. However, I think the gap between the two is less than 2m per year. Everything more than 9 AAV will reduce the chanes for winning a cup a lot. Also, I hope that the Leafs win a Stanley Cup, and not scoring titles, All Star game votes etc. If you justify more than 9 for Marner, you will have a hard time in contract talks with Rielly and Andersen.

Marner contributed a good part of his line’s success in shutting down the Bergeron line at even strength by utilizing his speed and energy get into defensive position and take space away so they can win back possession. I don’t see Nylander making near as much impact in his all round game. Plus, Marner’s offensive skill is superior,so with all of these attributes he is undoubtedly worth at least 2 million more than Nylander. If you think Nylander is worth 7, then Marner is worth at least 9. Also, why should Marner take less money than his actual value when all three other star forwards on the team took more than their value?

Based off the players’ performances:

Matthews’ market value is 11, he actually got 12
Tavares’ market value is 10, he got 11
Nylander’s market value is 6, he got 7
Marner’s market value is 8.5, yet he should get below 8?

If you want the players to take less money to bring together a cup winning team, everyone has to buy in. Not just one player. It’s too late now.
7 juill. 2019 à 14 h 53
Marner contributed a good part of his line’s success in shutting down the Bergeron line at even strength by utilizing his speed and energy get into defensive position and take space away so they can win back possession. I don’t see Nylander making near as much impact in his all round game. Plus, Marner’s offensive skill is superior,so with all of these attributes he is undoubtedly worth at least 2 million more than Nylander. If you think Nylander is worth 7, then Marner is worth at least 9. Also, why should Marner take less money than his actual value when all three other star forwards on the team took more than their value?

Based off the players’ performances:

Matthews’ market value is 11, he actually got 12
Tavares’ market value is 10, he got 11
Nylander’s market value is 6, he got 7
Marner’s market value is 8.5, yet he should get below 8?

If you want the players to take less money to bring together a cup winning team, everyone has to buy in. Not just one player. It’s too late now.

Do not act like Marner is actually an above average defiensive forward 5 vs. 5. He did not look that great against Boston to be honest. Tavares shut down Bergeron. Also Tavares was a UFA. Matthews got a big deal, but he is by far the most talented young forward the Leafs have. He is also a centre. And Marner might be able to get that amout of money, but then it will be another 10 years without a Stanley Cup final.
7 juill. 2019 à 17 h 7
Marner Enthusiast
Do not act like Marner is actually an above average defiensive forward 5 vs. 5. He did not look that great against Boston to be honest. Tavares shut down Bergeron. Also Tavares was a UFA. Matthews got a big deal, but he is by far the most talented young forward the Leafs have. He is also a centre. And Marner might be able to get that amout of money, but then it will be another 10 years without a Stanley Cup final.

Marner’s defensive abilities itself may not be great but that kid certainly puts in the effort and presents a willingness to learn. Every shift I see him skating hard and relentlessly going into the positions to put a check on the opposition. He is only 22 and with experience, his defensive instincts will improve. That’s not something I can say about Nylander, every time he is out there and the puck is not on his stick he is treating it like a free skate. The fact that you’re downplaying Marner’s contributions to help shut down the Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak line at even strength demonstrates your ignorance. Tavares’ main job was shutting down Bergeron, but there were 2 other players to take care of. It’s a 3 man job, while Marner was far from impressive offensively, he still deserves credit for being part of a shutdown role that for the most part was successful. It would most certainly be ideal for Marner to take less money to stay in Toronto, but since all the other stars got paid, it is beyond unreasonable to not do the same for him.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage