SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Ottawa Senators signed Joshua Norris (3 Years / $1,633,333 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

27 mai 2019 à 14 h 51
Joshua Norris has signed a new contract with the Ottawa Senators.
Contrat d’entrée
Contrats comparablesCOMPARER CE CONTRAT
SIGNÉ PAR: Pierre Dorion
Durée: 3 ans
Valeur: 4 900 000 $
Statut à l’échéance du contrat: RFA
% Cap Info-bulle: 1,16
Contrat signé avec: Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaSénateurs d'Ottawa
Date de signature: 27 mai 2019
Source: CapFriendly

Joshua Norris a signé un contrat de 3 ans d'une valeur de 4 900 000 $ avec les Sénateurs d'Ottawa, le 27 mai 2019. Le contrat comporte un cap hit de 925 000 $.

SAISONClauseCap hitInfo-bulleAAV Info-bulleBonis de performanceInfo-bulleBonis de signatureInfo-bulleSalaire de baseInfo-bulleSalaire totalInfo-bulleSalaire mineuresInfo-bulle
2019-20925 000 $1 633 333 $425 000 $92 500 $832 500 $925 000 $70 000 $
2020-21925 000 $1 633 333 $850 000 $92 500 $832 500 $925 000 $70 000 $
2021-22925 000 $1 633 333 $850 000 $92 500 $832 500 $925 000 $70 000 $
TOTAL2 775 000 $4 899 999 $2 125 000 $277 500 $2 497 500 $2 775 000 $210 000 $
Offre qualificativeInfo-bulle: 874 125 $
27 mai 2019 à 15 h 48
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 543

1. Too much money.
2. Too much term.
3. Poor draft pick by Dorion.
4. Never gonna make it on defense.
DDoverChucky, weirfanno1, ConnorMcHellebucyk and 5 others a aimé ceci.
27 mai 2019 à 15 h 49
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 12,062
To me this means that the organization expects Brown or Chlapik (maybe both) to be full time NHL players at some point this season. University of Michigan has a great program, and they would have left him there for a year if they thought he wouldn't be getting big minutes in Belleville.

Prior to his injury, I thought him turning pro was a no brainer. He was playing out of his mind in College this year, and had an incredible World Junior performance. With the injury being as big as it was, I would have thought they'd have let him get back up to speed for one more year in the NCAA.

Very excited to see what he can do at the professional level, though I wouldn't be surprised if he starts slow.
ThatGuy a aimé ceci.
27 mai 2019 à 15 h 52
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 176
Terrible signing. Team Melnyk does not approve!
27 mai 2019 à 16 h 47
Sports and Tacos
Mentions "j'aime": 601
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
To me this means that the organization expects Brown or Chlapik (maybe both) to be full time NHL players at some point this season. University of Michigan has a great program, and they would have left him there for a year if they thought he wouldn't be getting big minutes in Belleville.

Prior to his injury, I thought him turning pro was a no brainer. He was playing out of his mind in College this year, and had an incredible World Junior performance. With the injury being as big as it was, I would have thought they'd have let him get back up to speed for one more year in the NCAA.

Very excited to see what he can do at the professional level, though I wouldn't be surprised if he starts slow.

I really like Norris playing style. So much potential.

But yeah, I think Chlapik needs to be in the NHL next year to continue is development. Brown, on the other hand, is an interesting case. I think he needs to marinate a little longer in the minors before making the jump in the big leagues. Hopefully, he can pick up his play where he left it off last season.

All and all, I love this Sens team going forward. It's going to be an extremely tight and talented crop of players coming up together through the system. I mean, the rebuild sucks, but this is exactly what a "Budgeted team" / "small-market team" such as Ottawa needed to do to hopefully become competitive again.
27 mai 2019 à 17 h 15
We are all equal
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 331
For a former 1st round pick. Nice trade and sign for the Senators. Future could be bright in Ottawa a few years down the road.
SwaymanForVezina a aimé ceci.
27 mai 2019 à 17 h 32
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Gonna be a great player in a few years. Ottawa's future is really looking great. If only Melnyk wasn't such a cheapstake, this team would be looking really nice right now.
27 mai 2019 à 18 h 39
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837

Sometimes the injury is why they want to bring them in. They are protecting an asset and making sure they get care they need.

That being said, good signing.
27 mai 2019 à 21 h 18
Quoting: ThatGuy
I really like Norris playing style. So much potential.

But yeah, I think Chlapik needs to be in the NHL next year to continue is development. Brown, on the other hand, is an interesting case. I think he needs to marinate a little longer in the minors before making the jump in the big leagues. Hopefully, he can pick up his play where he left it off last season.

All and all, I love this Sens team going forward. It's going to be an extremely tight and talented crop of players coming up together through the system. I mean, the rebuild sucks, but this is exactly what a "Budgeted team" / "small-market team" such as Ottawa needed to do to hopefully become competitive again.

I agree about Chlapik needing to be in the NHL, but looking at the forwards on Ottawa, I have a hard time seeing him playing above the 4th line.

It should be interesting to see how the centre situation shakes out over the next couple of years, because unless Brown takes a big step this season, it kind of looks like they have three 2nd line centers in White, Brown and Norris.
28 mai 2019 à 8 h 47
Sports and Tacos
I agree about Chlapik needing to be in the NHL, but looking at the forwards on Ottawa, I have a hard time seeing him playing above the 4th line.

It should be interesting to see how the centre situation shakes out over the next couple of years, because unless Brown takes a big step this season, it kind of looks like they have three 2nd line centers in White, Brown and Norris.

Yeah, that's a good question.

I personally think their "True Number 1 Center" gets pick up next season in a draft apparently as deep or deeper than the 2015 draft. Especially considering Dorion's track record, the # of picks they have and the high probability of them finishing in the bottom 5.
28 mai 2019 à 13 h 9
Yeah, that's a good question.

I personally think their "True Number 1 Center" gets pick up next season in a draft apparently as deep or deeper than the 2015 draft. Especially considering Dorion's track record, the # of picks they have and the high probability of them finishing in the bottom 5.

I could see that being the case. Even if they miss out on Lafreniere, Quinton Byfield looks like a 1C in the making. Been a long time since the sens found one of those in the draft.

Even if that true top 15 center is a little further away than you'd like, when you have two stud wingers like Tkachuk and Batherson, it's not hard for a guy like White to play above his station. Also why I think Ottawa should lock him up long term. If you bridge him, and he becomes the de facto 1C, he's going to ask for a lot more money.
ThatGuy a aimé ceci.
28 mai 2019 à 13 h 14
Sports and Tacos
I could see that being the case. Even if they miss out on Lafreniere, Quinton Byfield looks like a 1C in the making. Been a long time since the sens found one of those in the draft.

Even if that true top 15 center is a little further away than you'd like, when you have two stud wingers like Tkachuk and Batherson, it's not hard for a guy like White to play above his station. Also why I think Ottawa should lock him up long term. If you bridge him, and he becomes the de facto 1C, he's going to ask for a lot more money.

I Know!!! I've been a big advocate for a LT White deal. Overpay during the rebuild so that Ottawa has him at a bargain when they're competitive again.

Same for Wolanin.
28 mai 2019 à 13 h 26
I Know!!! I've been a big advocate for a LT White deal. Overpay during the rebuild so that Ottawa has him at a bargain when they're competitive again.

Same for Wolanin.

Look at the Tuch Deal. They took a gamble on him, and that contract looks like it could end up being a massive steal. If they can get him on a deal like that, that'd be ideal.

Wolanin I'm not as sure about. I'd probably look at a 3 year deal, but he's done so little at the NHL level, I doubt he'd sign a deal longer than that.
ThatGuy a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2022 à 9 h 18
Yeah
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 112
Quoting: drewjenks

1. Too much money.
2. Too much term.
3. Poor draft pick by Dorion.
4. Never gonna make it on defense.

Real bad draft pick

Répondre