A win-win Ducks a win-now Isles and a hail mary Oilers

Créé par: HabsRafiki
Équipe: 2018-19 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 20 févr. 2019
Publié: 20 févr. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Three Trades:
ANAHEIM -- The Ducks get massive cap relief and a solid, speedy winger in Tatar. Suzuki for Comtois and Groulx helps the Ducks next year and gives the Habs genuine depth at forward. No real reason for the Miller-Niemi trade other than it would be fun to see Miller in tri-color.

ISLANDERS -- The move gives the surprising Islanders two veteran playoff players for a good prospect who has stalled a bit. Habs get a potential hometown hero. Pick thrown in to mitigate risk to Islanders.

OILERS -- High risk move by both teams. Armia is a solid third-liner and Brook has the makings of a top-4 Dman. Puljujarvi remains a mystery but the possibilities of a Lehkonen-Kotkeniemi-Puljujarvi line growing up together might be irresistible to Montreal.
Transactions
MTL
  1. Comtois, Maxime
  2. Fowler, Cam
  3. Miller, Ryan
  4. Perry, Corey
Détails additionnels:
Rights to Benoit-Olivier Groulx
*** Deal saves the Ducks $6.6M in cap, and favourable buyout terms for Alzner ***
NYI
  1. Benn, Jordie
  2. Shaw, Andrew (1 900 000 $ retained)
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (MTL)
Détails additionnels:
CONDITIONAL PICK: The #2 in 2020 becomes a #4 in 2020 if the Islanders advance to the second round of the playoffs in either of the next two years; OR Andrew Shaw plays 60+ games (or is a healthy scratch) in either of the next two seasons.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de CBJ
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de ARI
Logo de CHI
Logo de EDM
Logo de MTL
Logo de WPG
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de WPG
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2379 500 000 $70 411 032 $0 $5 395 000 $9 088 968 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 5
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
Logo de Islanders de New York
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
AD, AG
UFA - 1
3 083 333 $3 083 333 $
C
UFA - 3
1 166 667 $1 166 667 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C
UFA - 3
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
AD
UFA - 1
839 166 $839 166 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 350 000 $2 350 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
650 000 $650 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 8
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 8
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 8
748 333 $748 333 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
DG/DD
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
650 000 $650 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
20 févr. 2019 à 12 h 8
Zuke is the goat
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,574
That EDM deal is laughable... Since when Puljujarvi worth our best prospect on defense (potential 40pts Dmen) and our best power forward? The guy isn't able to put 30 pts per year while playing with McD, RNH or Drai. The max they'd get for Puljujarvi is Juulsen
20 févr. 2019 à 12 h 9
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,640
as much as id want fowler, i dont wanna trade any of the big 5 prospects.
the isles trade is bad for the isles.
josh brook is gonna be a stud. doubt the oilers accept that trade anyways
20 févr. 2019 à 12 h 19
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 390
Quoting: math731
That EDM deal is laughable... Since when Puljujarvi worth our best prospect on defense (potential 40pts Dmen) and our best power forward? The guy isn't able to put 30 pts per year while playing with McD, RNH or Drai. The max they'd get for Puljujarvi is Juulsen

except he doesn't play with McD, RNH, or Drai. He plays with Cave, Strome, Brodziak, Lucic, Caggiula, Khaira. Please do some more digging.
CD282 a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2019 à 12 h 20
Zuke is the goat
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat

Doubt the Oilers accept that trade!? Are you ******** Serious? Man, I think they'd take it for Armia alone.
20 févr. 2019 à 12 h 21
Zuke is the goat
Quoting: ConnorsCousin
except he doesn't play with McD, RNH, or Drai. He plays with Cave, Strome, Brodziak, Lucic, Caggiula, Khaira. Please do some more digging.

Yeah, like he didn't played with McD or Drai in the last 3 seasons. I know they've tried him with them and it didn't worked out. If it would, he wouldn't be playing 8 minutes per games
20 févr. 2019 à 12 h 32
Doubt the Oilers accept that trade!? Are you ******** Serious? Man, I think they'd take it for Armia alone.

the oilers value him pretty highly as they should. strome isthe perfect example. they cannot afford to lose this guy
HabsRafiki a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2019 à 12 h 34
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 390
Yeah, like he didn't played with McD or Drai in the last 3 seasons. I know they've tried him with them and it didn't worked out. If it would, he wouldn't be playing 8 minutes per games

They really haven't though that's the thing. He plays on the 3rd/4th line with Strome, Khaira, Brodziak, Lucic, etc. If they really gave him a chance, they'd stick him at least 8-10 games in the Top 6 playing at least 15 mins a night but they haven't.

I would take this trade though. Don't know much about Josh Brooks and the Oil do have some d prospects but the basis is a good trade.
HabsRafiki a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2019 à 12 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 551

I would generally agree with you about trading prospects, but Fowler -- signed for 7 years -- gives the Habs ample time to properly develop Romanov and not rush him. Fowler-Mete-Weber-Petry is a pretty good top-4.

I am also a believer that the Habs have a bad habit of falling in love with prospects (see Leblanc, Louis ... Scherbak, Nikita ...) and have had better luck with young players who have already tasted the NHL a bit. Suzuki for Comtois and Groulx gives the Habs a bit more of a hometown feel.

Not sure why you think this is bad for the Isles. They have a chance to advance fairly far in the playoffs and adding two solid pieces who know the ropes (plus a safety pick) would seem a good bet for them. I like Beauvillier, but he has plateaued a bit without Tavares but could be a good piece in Montreal's top-9 for years to come.
Price_is_the_goat a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2019 à 12 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: ConnorsCousin
They really haven't though that's the thing. He plays on the 3rd/4th line with Strome, Khaira, Brodziak, Lucic, etc. If they really gave him a chance, they'd stick him at least 8-10 games in the Top 6 playing at least 15 mins a night but they haven't.

I would take this trade though. Don't know much about Josh Brooks and the Oil do have some d prospects but the basis is a good trade.

Thanks for the upvote on the deal. The raw skill is there in Puljujarvi that wasn't evident in Yakopov. Puljujarvi might never become Selanne or Jari Kurri, but he should be able to cobble out a decent Joel Armia (two-way) career in the NHL. I don't think he can morph to become for the Oilers what Sam Bennett has become for Calgary, so a change of scenery and different expectations would help him. Brook is impressive. I think Brook alone would be considered fair by most people, but Armia would be the odd man out in Montreal, so I included him. If the Oilers would prefer Peca, Hudon, or Deslaurier, I am sure that could be arranged.
20 févr. 2019 à 12 h 55
Démarrer sujet
the oilers value him pretty highly as they should. strome isthe perfect example. they cannot afford to lose this guy

Sadly, they valued Yakupov highly too. Indeed, on much weaker teams, Yakupov had a lot more points than Puljujarvi has been able to muster. I am not sure what the answer is, but I don't think it will be found on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River. I'm not sure there'd be a better future in store in Montreal but it's worth a try.
20 févr. 2019 à 12 h 58
Démarrer sujet

I'd still be hesitant to trade Juulsen, but as I said in an earlier post, like many Habs fans, I am guilty of falling for prospects. Assuming Juulsen's eye injury is just a matter time to get healed, then sure. I'd part with him. We know his abilities. With Brook, whether he can perform regularly at the NHL level remains an unanswered question. I'd be fine making either trade.
20 févr. 2019 à 13 h 1
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,752

Amount of games played before the age of 20:

Armia - ZERO
Lehkonen - ZERO
Gallagher - ZERO
Puljujarvi - Nearly 100. I dunno, maybe give Puljujarvi a chance to develop first? I mean Armia is a 25 year old winger who hasn't ever scored more than 29 points in a season...... and that was last year.

Or should the Oilers give up on Puljujarvi like Arizona did with Strome? Hows that working out?
20 févr. 2019 à 13 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: F50marco

Armia - ZERO
Lehkonen - ZERO
Gallagher - ZERO
Puljujarvi - Nearly 100. I dunno, maybe give Puljujarvi a chance to develop first? I mean Armia is a 25 year old winger who hasn't ever scored more than 29 points in a season...... and that was last year.

Or should the Oilers give up on Puljujarvi like Arizona did with Strome? Hows that working out?

Flip side of that argument: Armia has 215 games and is considered a solid two-way NHLer. Brook, too, has zero games in the NHL but clearly shows promise. Puljujarvi has has 139 games and 37 points. To me, the definition of insane is the Oilers is doing the same thing and hoping for a different outcome.

As for the Strome-Schmaltz trade, it was looking OK until Schmaltz got hurt. Seemed to be working for both teams.
20 févr. 2019 à 13 h 13
Zuke is the goat

Armia - ZERO
Lehkonen - ZERO
Gallagher - ZERO

I'd like Puljujarvi, I just don't want to give a stud like Brook. Armia is also really useful. Juulsen and a 3rd is the best id do
20 févr. 2019 à 13 h 13
Zuke is the goat

Armia - ZERO
Lehkonen - ZERO
Gallagher - ZERO

I'd like Puljujarvi, I just don't want to give a stud like Brook. Armia is also really useful. Juulsen and a 3rd is the best id do
HabsRafiki a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2019 à 13 h 22
Démarrer sujet

Sam Pollock would always say that the only thing that mattered was getting the best player in the trade. It comes down to whether you (the Habs) think there's untapped potential in Puljujarvi that could be unleashed in Montreal or if Brook is the best player in the bunch. If you think the latter, then there's no reason to do the deal. Then again, there's no reason to keep Juulsen and Fleury because there's only so much room on the big club in the coming 2-3 years.
math731 a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2019 à 13 h 41
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,752
Modifié 20 févr. 2019 à 13 h 53
Quoting: HabsRafiki
Flip side of that argument: Armia has 215 games and is considered a solid two-way NHLer. Brook, too, has zero games in the NHL but clearly shows promise. Puljujarvi has has 139 games and 37 points. To me, the definition of insane is the Oilers is doing the same thing and hoping for a different outcome.

As for the Strome-Schmaltz trade, it was looking OK until Schmaltz got hurt. Seemed to be working for both teams.

Well its easy to use solid facts against a what if argument. Brook looks great but how would he look playing for the Oilers this year? Everything has to be taken in context. Puljujarvi probably shouldn't have been playing in the NHL since 18 but that doesn't diminish his value. In comparison to players taken around him in the draft fine but not stacked up against other 20 year olds. Most 20 year olds are still playing junior and getting ready for the reality check of professional hockey in the AHL.

Puljujarvi is still a valuable prospect. At age 20 he can't be a bust. Its simply not enough time for a player to develop 100%. He could turn around and score 30 next year. That isn't a non possibility.

As for Strome, its was pretty obvious Arizona was getting ready made talent but losing out on potential. That potential if realized was going to dwarf Schmaltz production. I think ultimately Strome is going to be the better player than Schmaltz. It was supposed to be a slam dunk with Perlini involved but he hasn't hit his stride yet.
DripBayless a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2019 à 13 h 44
Sadly, they valued Yakupov highly too. Indeed, on much weaker teams, Yakupov had a lot more points than Puljujarvi has been able to muster. I am not sure what the answer is, but I don't think it will be found on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River. I'm not sure there'd be a better future in store in Montreal but it's worth a try.

like i said, even if he is projected as just a 3rd line winger, the oilers dont wanna lose him. imo he would thrive in mtl with KK and lehkonen and ylonen coming up
20 févr. 2019 à 13 h 47
Démarrer sujet
like i said, even if he is projected as just a 3rd line winger, the oilers dont wanna lose him. imo he would thrive in mtl with KK and lehkonen and ylonen coming up

But if he's going to be used as a third liner in Edmonton, doesn't it make more sense to get a proven third liner (Armia) and a potential top-4 Dman. He becomes a wasted asset at that point.
20 févr. 2019 à 13 h 48
I would generally agree with you about trading prospects, but Fowler -- signed for 7 years -- gives the Habs ample time to properly develop Romanov and not rush him. Fowler-Mete-Weber-Petry is a pretty good top-4.

I am also a believer that the Habs have a bad habit of falling in love with prospects (see Leblanc, Louis ... Scherbak, Nikita ...) and have had better luck with young players who have already tasted the NHL a bit. Suzuki for Comtois and Groulx gives the Habs a bit more of a hometown feel.

Not sure why you think this is bad for the Isles. They have a chance to advance fairly far in the playoffs and adding two solid pieces who know the ropes (plus a safety pick) would seem a good bet for them. I like Beauvillier, but he has plateaued a bit without Tavares but could be a good piece in Montreal's top-9 for years to come.

oh i 100% agree. fowler would be a big help. but consideirng anahiems cap implications i think we can get him for a 1st rd pick, evans/fluery, lehkonen and juulsen. maybe the price falls if we take keslers contract and buy him out. we have a ton of cap space at the tdl. i think ppl really undervalue suzuki. he's is so bored in the ohl as he said in an interview himself. he knows he can score. now he's just working on his 200 ft game. the guy's gonna be legit. i dont see anahiem giving up comtois. he meshes in nice in that heavy western conf group. only reason i dont see the isles making that move is beacuse beuvilleri is young. they're looking at long term success.
HabsRafiki a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2019 à 13 h 48
But if he's going to be used as a third liner in Edmonton, doesn't it make more sense to get a proven third liner (Armia) and a potential top-4 Dman. He becomes a wasted asset at that point.

like i said, the oilers prob dnt see him as a 3rd liner.
HabsRafiki a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2019 à 13 h 56
Démarrer sujet
oh i 100% agree. fowler would be a big help. but consideirng anahiems cap implications i think we can get him for a 1st rd pick, evans/fluery, lehkonen and juulsen. maybe the price falls if we take keslers contract and buy him out. we have a ton of cap space at the tdl. i think ppl really undervalue suzuki. he's is so bored in the ohl as he said in an interview himself. he knows he can score. now he's just working on his 200 ft game. the guy's gonna be legit. i dont see anahiem giving up comtois. he meshes in nice in that heavy western conf group. only reason i dont see the isles making that move is beacuse beuvilleri is young. they're looking at long term success.

So if you drop Comtois and Suzuki, does the deal work? That's Tatar and huge cap relief for Fowler.

As for the Isles, I think they have an unexpected opportunity to appeal to their long-suffering fan base. They haven't limped into the playoffs but will instead face a wildcard (indeed, maybe the Habs) and could easily get to the second round relatively unscathed. Beauvilier likely won't help them this year the way a healthy Shaw and Benn could. I guess it comes down to priorities, both for them and for Montreal. I just can't imagine they'd want to let this opportunity pass without putting up the best fight possible.
20 févr. 2019 à 13 h 56
Démarrer sujet
like i said, the oilers prob dnt see him as a 3rd liner.

They sure play him like they do. Heck, he's barely a third liner in the AHL for them.
20 févr. 2019 à 13 h 57
So if you drop Comtois and Suzuki, does the deal work? That's Tatar and huge cap relief for Fowler.

As for the Isles, I think they have an unexpected opportunity to appeal to their long-suffering fan base. They haven't limped into the playoffs but will instead face a wildcard (indeed, maybe the Habs) and could easily get to the second round relatively unscathed. Beauvilier likely won't help them this year the way a healthy Shaw and Benn could. I guess it comes down to priorities, both for them and for Montreal. I just can't imagine they'd want to let this opportunity pass without putting up the best fight possible.

anahiem is kinda going towards a retool mode. trade should kesler and fowler for a 1st or a 2nd, lehkonen, juulsen and maybe byron. maybe another mid rd pick as well.
20 févr. 2019 à 13 h 58
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,061
Perry and Fowler 99% aren't waiving for Montreal.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage