Forums/Armchair-GM

Oilers wont sell puljujarvi for cheap

Créé par: smokewiseganja
Équipe: 2018-19 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 17 févr. 2019
Publié: 17 févr. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Seeing some of the offers out there, I laugh at how many caps fans think they can get jesse for bura 1 for 1, or leafs fans that think they can throw a pile of garbage at edmonton and get back a player with elite potential. Best option for the oilers is to either sell extremely high or keep him in the minors for half a year or a year, and wait for him to break out after that
Transactions
MTL
  1. Manning, Brandon
  2. Yamamoto, Kailer
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2019 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2019 (CAR)
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de EDM
Logo de NYI
Logo de EDM
Logo de CAR
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2379 500 000 $77 270 749 $0 $70 000 $2 229 251 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 7
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
UFA - 8
650 000 $650 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
675 000 $675 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 3
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 5
2 835 000 $2 835 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 950 000 $1 950 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
C
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 167 000 $4 167 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
4 166 666 $4 166 666 $
DD
UFA - 3
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 1
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 3
761 250 $761 250 $
G
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 3
720 000 $720 000 $ (Bonis de performance70 000 $$70K)
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
675 000 $675 000 $
C
RFA - 2
1 900 000 $1 900 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
1 950 000 $1 950 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
17 févr. 2019 à 19 h 40
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 668
Gallagher is untouchable.

That is not even close to making us reconsider.
17 févr. 2019 à 19 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Smokewise Ganja
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 306
Quoting: LumberJaques
Gallagher is untouchable.

That is not even close to making us reconsider.

Sweet overvalue of a 50 point winger
17 févr. 2019 à 19 h 56
Quoting: smokewiseganja

If not for Weber he would be the captain, he never quits on a game and brings the rest of the team into the fight even when they don't feel like it. He is the heart and soul of this team

Also he's heading for a second straight 30 goal season.

So yeah we value him extremely highly.
17 févr. 2019 à 19 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Smokewise Ganja
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 306
Quoting: LumberJaques
If not for Weber he would be the captain, he never quits on a game and brings the rest of the team into the fight even when they don't feel like it. He is the heart and soul of this team

Also he's heading for a second straight 30 goal season.

So yeah we value him extremely highly.

in straight trade value though, he is worth this trade. But I see what you mean, montreal would never do this
17 févr. 2019 à 20 h 1
Banni
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,915

I wouldn't argue with a Canadiens fan.. they're worse at valuing their players than you Oilers fans wink

That being said, Gallagher isn't untouchable. NO player in the league is. It's a business first, game second. But you're value for him is off. Oilers have driven Yamamoto's value down considerably like they did with Puljujarvi. & Especially adding Manning as a cap dump into that deal lessens the value. Add one of Edmonton's top defence prospects (Bouchard, Bear, or Jones) and you could get them talking more.
17 févr. 2019 à 20 h 2
Who adds what?
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
With seven even strength points in his last twelve games, Burakovsky is not on the table for a kid with 9 points in 46 games this year.

I did see some Caps fans posting a combination of 24 year old 2nd year RHD Madison Bowey, a 2nd round pick, and depth defenseman Aaron Ness.

Bowey has 18 points in 84 career games with Washington, but they don't really need RHD, behind Carlson and Niskanen. He was a 2nd round pick, got a point a game in juniors, and got a cup of coffee with Team Canada. Between him and a 2nd... it's a slight overpayment.
17 févr. 2019 à 20 h 4
Banni
Quoting: Eli
With seven even strength points in his last twelve games, Burakovsky is not on the table for a kid with 9 points in 46 games this year.

I did see some Caps fans posting a combination of 24 year old 2nd year RHD Madison Bowey, a 2nd round pick, and depth defenseman Aaron Ness.

Bowey has 18 points in 84 career games with Washington, but they don't really need RHD, behind Carlson and Niskanen. He was a 2nd round pick, got a point a game in juniors, and got a cup of coffee with Team Canada. Between him and a 2nd... it's a slight overpayment.

I'd say that's pretty close to fair value. Maybe just Bowey and a 3rd though. Edmonton needs better dman and a change of scenery could benefit both players. Can't see how Puljujarvi is worth a good, young, right handed dman and a 2nd though
Eli a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2019 à 20 h 9
in straight trade value though, he is worth this trade. But I see what you mean, montreal would never do this

I still think that in straight trade value he is worth at least a bit more. That's probably because we view Yamamoto differently.

Regardless, this is all just hypothetical anyways so cheerssmile
17 févr. 2019 à 20 h 13
Quoting: jonesryan
I wouldn't argue with a Canadiens fan.. they're worse at valuing their players than you Oilers fans wink

That being said, Gallagher isn't untouchable. NO player in the league is. It's a business first, game second. But you're value for him is off. Oilers have driven Yamamoto's value down considerably like they did with Puljujarvi. & Especially adding Manning as a cap dump into that deal lessens the value. Add one of Edmonton's top defence prospects (Bouchard, Bear, or Jones) and you could get them talking more.

I'd really like to say that you're wrong...

... But when you're right, you're right Winking with Tongue Out
Ryminister_27 a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2019 à 20 h 46
Who adds what?
I'd say that's pretty close to fair value. Maybe just Bowey and a 3rd though. Edmonton needs better dman and a change of scenery could benefit both players. Can't see how Puljujarvi is worth a good, young, right handed dman and a 2nd though

I mean, I'm not going to argue with you too strenuously, but as Smoke said, Edmonton invested a pretty high pick, to begin with, and they aren't moving on without an overpayment.

Washington has a lot of international prospects in Hershey, including a Finnish wing who's a decent playmaker. Maybe they can get Puljujarvi's confidence back together, and maybe he can swap stories with other guys adjusting to North American life, and start to feel more at home?

He was so good in juniors, that it's a shame to see him struggling. But the same could be said of Bowey not always getting a sweater on a team that probably won't try him on the power play until Niskanen retires.
Ryminister_27 a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2019 à 21 h 4
Banni
I mean, I'm not going to argue with you too strenuously, but as Smoke said, Edmonton invested a pretty high pick, to begin with, and they aren't moving on without an overpayment.

Washington has a lot of international prospects in Hershey, including a Finnish wing who's a decent playmaker. Maybe they can get Puljujarvi's confidence back together, and maybe he can swap stories with other guys adjusting to North American life, and start to feel more at home?

He was so good in juniors, that it's a shame to see him struggling. But the same could be said of Bowey not always getting a sweater on a team that probably won't try him on the power play until Niskanen retires.

I totally understand Edmonton's side of the story with how they've invested in him. & I won't argue that they should ask for an overpayment, every team should ask for one in a deal. I just can't see how Edmonton can justify an overpayment with how he's performed. Yes they could say that a change of scenery could benefit him, but then at that time it's in the teams resources that acquired him to develop him. & that's time and money that they spend, not Edmonton. Edmonton made their mistake, they can't expect a team to bail them out for it.

Honestly, it wouldn't shock me to see a similar return to what Edmonton got back for Yakupov. Another high draft pick they didn't properly handle
17 févr. 2019 à 21 h 16
Who adds what?
I totally understand Edmonton's side of the story with how they've invested in him. & I won't argue that they should ask for an overpayment, every team should ask for one in a deal. I just can't see how Edmonton can justify an overpayment with how he's performed. Yes they could say that a change of scenery could benefit him, but then at that time it's in the teams resources that acquired him to develop him. & that's time and money that they spend, not Edmonton. Edmonton made their mistake, they can't expect a team to bail them out for it.

Honestly, it wouldn't shock me to see a similar return to what Edmonton got back for Yakupov. Another high draft pick they didn't properly handle

They waited a lot longer to cut bait on Yakupov and they kept trying the same approach of total immersion in English-speaking, North-American culture, and an unforgiving coaching staff that, if he didn't produce for a while, stuck him on the third or fourth line and didn't explain further.

That seems to be what they're doing with Puljujarvi right now, but for this year, he's still waiver exempt, and I really think the Caps' AHL squad could use him. If he goes on a tear, down there, and gets them to the playoffs, he'll help some other prospects get more games to develop. This looked like a lost year for Hershey, but they've really picked it up, lately, so adding a good prospect would be smart.
18 févr. 2019 à 8 h 29
Banni
They waited a lot longer to cut bait on Yakupov and they kept trying the same approach of total immersion in English-speaking, North-American culture, and an unforgiving coaching staff that, if he didn't produce for a while, stuck him on the third or fourth line and didn't explain further.

That seems to be what they're doing with Puljujarvi right now, but for this year, he's still waiver exempt, and I really think the Caps' AHL squad could use him. If he goes on a tear, down there, and gets them to the playoffs, he'll help some other prospects get more games to develop. This looked like a lost year for Hershey, but they've really picked it up, lately, so adding a good prospect would be smart.

Again, I'm not disagreeing on your logic. But Yakupov had far more points on his ELC than Puljujarvi does. Yakupov had 0.45PPG and Puljujarvi only has 0.26PPG so any team trading for Puljujärvi will just say that when he's been in the league he hasn't produced and is more of a project and a hopeful so they won't want to overpay or give up anything significant for
Eli a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage