Forums/Armchair-GM

Quick - What would it take

Créé par: mobluesfan
Équipe: 2018-19 Blues de St-Louis
Date de création initiale: 25 janv. 2019
Publié: 13 févr. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This move would put the Blues in a great position. What would it take? Would it take a Kyrou, Kostin to get it done? Or second tier prospects? Curious what people think.
Transactions
LAK
  1. Allen, Jake
  2. Sanford, Zachary
  3. Walman, Jake
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (STL)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2279 500 000 $65 384 321 $150 988 $182 500 $14 115 679 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
1 875 000 $1 875 000 $
C
UFA - 5
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
AG
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
AG, AD, C
NTC
UFA - 3
700 000 $700 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 1
650 000 $650 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
894 166 $894 166 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
741 667 $741 667 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 2
650 000 $650 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
722 500 $722 500 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
DG/DD
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
G
UFA - 5
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 1
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
13 févr. 2019 à 10 h 0
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13
Much more than that and I’m not sure the King’s would even want Allen to be honest. Your gonna unload some serious prospects for Quick.
13 févr. 2019 à 10 h 1
Sam
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,188
It might take Kostin, but I’d ride the Binninton train until it runs out of gas.
palhal et rja40 a aimé ceci.
13 févr. 2019 à 10 h 5
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,900
Why would want 33 year old Quick on expensive long term contract? His numbers are the same as Allen's this year. As suggested run with Binninton
13 févr. 2019 à 10 h 12
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,982
Quoting: palhal
Why would want 33 year old Quick on expensive long term contract? His numbers are the same as Allen's this year. As suggested run with Binninton

Because the Kings have not been good as a team and 5.8 for 5 years of Quick is better than 7years of Bob for 10 mil.
I don't think it will take a top tier prospect, maybe Husso though in conjunction with Allen. I dont see this trade happening though.
mobluesfan a aimé ceci.
13 févr. 2019 à 10 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18
Quick has 4 years left, but his salary is much lower in the last 3 years of the deal ($3.5/$3/$2.5) Kings sucks, so his numbers do. He didnt all of the sudden become bad. He is a great playoff performer and has won cups. I think he would be ideal.

I get what people say about Binnie, but can we please stop putting all our faith in a rookie goalie. In St Louis we have gone through this multiple times and each time it fails. I love Binnie dont get me wrong, but this team is legit. They look like they can beat anybody, THIS is the team we all envisioned at the beginning of the season. YOU CANNOT seriously think you are going to make a run with a rookie goaltender. Can it happen, yes, but unlikely.

Imagine this team with a bonafide playoff cup winning goaltender? I would definitely look into, and if it takes a top prospect I would go all in. Maybe I'm jumping the gun on this team, but the iron is HOT and to me a goalie like Quick could be the piece of the puzzle this team needs. (just like what was said in the offseason, beginning of the season).
13 févr. 2019 à 10 h 24
Re-sign Bo
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 364
Yeah give us Kyrou because he's young and apparently the Blues don't want him
13 févr. 2019 à 10 h 26
Quoting: mobluesfan
Quick has 4 years left, but his salary is much lower in the last 3 years of the deal ($3.5/$3/$2.5) Kings sucks, so his numbers do. He didnt all of the sudden become bad. He is a great playoff performer and has won cups. I think he would be ideal.

I get what people say about Binnie, but can we please stop putting all our faith in a rookie goalie. In St Louis we have gone through this multiple times and each time it fails. I love Binnie dont get me wrong, but this team is legit. They look like they can beat anybody, THIS is the team we all envisioned at the beginning of the season. YOU CANNOT seriously think you are going to make a run with a rookie goaltender. Can it happen, yes, but unlikely.

Imagine this team with a bonafide playoff cup winning goaltender? I would definitely look into, and if it takes a top prospect I would go all in. Maybe I'm jumping the gun on this team, but the iron is HOT and to me a goalie like Quick could be the piece of the puzzle this team needs. (just like what was said in the offseason, beginning of the season).

I don't disagree with anything in here, but I'll say this, I would ride Binnie until the deadline and see what happens. If he continues, ride him and see what happens in the playoffs. If he's not successful, go for Quick in the offseason and have him start fresh. If we unload Steen, that pays for Quick alone.
mobluesfan a aimé ceci.
13 févr. 2019 à 10 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Chopper02
I don't disagree with anything in here, but I'll say this, I would ride Binnie until the deadline and see what happens. If he continues, ride him and see what happens in the playoffs. If he's not successful, go for Quick in the offseason and have him start fresh. If we unload Steen, that pays for Quick alone.

I understand that to, if we have to, then we have to. I would just look into it. I just dont want us to work so hard to get there and then all of the sudden all the pressure of having a great team and making a push for the playoffs doesn't overwhelm him. When teams start to see Binnie more, they will have a playbook for him. They will know his tendencies, they will find holes that you and I can't see. That is why it is so hard to sustain great play as a rookie. Also, would love to unload Steen, i just dont see it happening. He wants to be here.. and why would he accept a trade to LA, they are going to suck for awhile. He wouldnt waive to go to Calgary at the draft, i dont think he would waive to go to LA. I think we are just stuck with him.

Quoting: tydini11
Yeah give us Kyrou because he's young and apparently the Blues don't want him

Lol, he just isnt ready. When he is up in the NHL, he looks lost. A complete stud in AHL, hopefully it transitions well soon. Dude has so much speed and is a great skater, perfectly tailored for today's NHL.
13 févr. 2019 à 10 h 52
I understand that to, if we have to, then we have to. I would just look into it. I just dont want us to work so hard to get there and then all of the sudden all the pressure of having a great team and making a push for the playoffs doesn't overwhelm him. When teams start to see Binnie more, they will have a playbook for him. They will know his tendencies, they will find holes that you and I can't see. That is why it is so hard to sustain great play as a rookie. Also, would love to unload Steen, i just dont see it happening. He wants to be here.. and why would he accept a trade to LA, they are going to suck for awhile. He wouldnt waive to go to Calgary at the draft, i dont think he would waive to go to LA. I think we are just stuck with him.

Lol, he just isnt ready. When he is up in the NHL, he looks lost. A complete stud in AHL, hopefully it transitions well soon. Dude has so much speed and is a great skater, perfectly tailored for today's NHL.

I've got news for you, they're already figuring out Binnington. This is why both Nashville and New Jersey last night targeted glove side. His glove hand isn't that fast compared to his legs and blocker.
Steen won't be unloaded to LA. He might waive to go elsewhere though and if not buy him out. While the team does look unbeatable right now, i wouldn't bet on this team sustaining the success due to a lack of a quality second scoring line.
13 févr. 2019 à 10 h 59
Démarrer sujet
I've got news for you, they're already figuring out Binnington. This is why both Nashville and New Jersey last night targeted glove side. His glove hand isn't that fast compared to his legs and blocker.
Steen won't be unloaded to LA. He might waive to go elsewhere though and if not buy him out. While the team does look unbeatable right now, i wouldn't bet on this team sustaining the success due to a lack of a quality second scoring line.

I noticed that as well with Binnie....Pang and Kelly pointing that out during broadcasts. I think the problem with Steen is its small window because there probably arent many teams he would accept a trade to. People have said Vegas, maybe Jets..... I also dont think they would buy him out. They cant afford to waste money like that, thats why they have never done it.

As far as second line...... Perron coming back..that's huge with his production this year.... and If Schwartz finally got that monkey off his back, maybe he turns it around.
13 févr. 2019 à 11 h 3
I noticed that as well with Binnie....Pang and Kelly pointing that out during broadcasts. I think the problem with Steen is its small window because there probably arent many teams he would accept a trade to. People have said Vegas, maybe Jets..... I also dont think they would buy him out. They cant afford to waste money like that, thats why they have never done it.

As far as second line...... Perron coming back..that's huge with his production this year.... and If Schwartz finally got that monkey off his back, maybe he turns it around.

Outside of being with ROR, Perron didn't play that great. They're not going to replace any on the first line with Perron. Perron is fine, maybe he hits with Schwartz, but not sure and i wouldn't place money on it. I like him though, just think he's better suited for 3rd line duty.
13 févr. 2019 à 11 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Outside of being with ROR, Perron didn't play that great. They're not going to replace any on the first line with Perron. Perron is fine, maybe he hits with Schwartz, but not sure and i wouldn't place money on it. I like him though, just think he's better suited for 3rd line duty.

We can agree to disagee about Perron.... i certainly dont think he is a third line player. Over his career he has averaged 52 pts a year (.63 pts per game). He draws penalties and is a tenacious forechecker and is great with possession of the puck. I believe that's a second line player. Especially the last 2 years where he has averaged 72 pts a year or .88 pts per game (this year and last when ADJ for an 82 game season).

Even with Schwartz's struggles this year and last, he is still averaging 61 pts a year ( .744 pts per game) since 14-15' (again AVG over an 82 game season w/o injury)

Those are second line players. We really need Schwartz to step up and get back to normal to have any chance though. Hopefully the goal last night is a good sign.
13 févr. 2019 à 12 h 50
We can agree to disagee about Perron.... i certainly dont think he is a third line player. Over his career he has averaged 52 pts a year (.63 pts per game). He draws penalties and is a tenacious forechecker and is great with possession of the puck. I believe that's a second line player. Especially the last 2 years where he has averaged 72 pts a year or .88 pts per game (this year and last when ADJ for an 82 game season).

Even with Schwartz's struggles this year and last, he is still averaging 61 pts a year ( .744 pts per game) since 14-15' (again AVG over an 82 game season w/o injury)

Those are second line players. We really need Schwartz to step up and get back to normal to have any chance though. Hopefully the goal last night is a good sign.

Schwartz is a second line better, Perron can be, I'm just saying he struggled this year outside of playing ROR. He could go back to playing like he was before, I'm just not holding my breath. I also question Bozak as a 2c at this point in his career but I do like him as well. It's not that I think our second line is terrible, but comparatively to a team like the Jets or Flames, it's a pretty significant drop.
mobluesfan a aimé ceci.
13 févr. 2019 à 19 h 7
Mentions "j'aime": 653

Imagine this team with a bonafide playoff cup winning goaltender? I would definitely look into, and if it takes a top prospect I would go all in. Maybe I'm jumping the gun on this team, but the iron is HOT and to me a goalie like Quick could be the piece of the puzzle this team needs. (just like what was said in the off-season, beginning of the season).

You make very good points. The thing that scares me about Quick is his injury history. He one sneeze away from being an expensive paper weight. Would he help the Note? Yes. Is he a HUUUUUGE playoff performer? No doubt. Is his body that of a beat up goalie? Yes too. It's a hard proposition.

Another issue with acquiring Quick is what to do with two expensive goalies and Binnington? Trading Allen will be tough. Simply buying him out is the easy answer, but it's never easy to do that move. Tom Stillman isn't interested in losing money, especially since the Blues barely make any money as is, if at all. A Quick trade now brings in that possibility. There's no easy answer to your proposal, but it has a lot of positives to go along with the negatives. Good post.
mobluesfan a aimé ceci.
13 févr. 2019 à 22 h 13
James
Mentions "j'aime": 0
I feel like going after quick is the same issue we had when miller came to town. It seems cool, but there isn't really a point.
13 févr. 2019 à 22 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Jgray46
I feel like going after quick is the same issue we had when miller came to town. It seems cool, but there isn't really a point.

There is a big difference between Quick and Miller......
rja40 a aimé ceci.
13 févr. 2019 à 23 h 43
Mentions "j'aime": 653
Quoting: Jgray46

The Miller trade has to be one of the top five worst Blues trades. On the surface it had some potential shine, but underneath it all (after the playoff dud performance), it was revealed to be lipstick on a pig.
14 févr. 2019 à 7 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: rja40
The Miller trade has to be one of the top five worst Blues trades. On the surface it had some potential shine, but underneath it all (after the playoff dud performance), it was revealed to be lipstick on a pig.

It turns out we got Miller right when he decided to suck....our luck with Goalies just isn't good. How many have come thru here? One of these days I hope we can find a guy that is good enuf to bring stability to the pipes.
rja40 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage