Forums/Armchair-GM

Non-Parayko Nylander Trade

Créé par: NucksFanForLife
Équipe: 2018-19 Blues de St-Louis
Date de création initiale: 19 nov. 2018
Publié: 19 nov. 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
St. Louis could add Fabbri, Soshnikov, or any prospect that isn't Thomas, Kyrou, Kostin, or Bokk to any trade to make it work. This would leave a large hole on the right D side, but Parayko can play a lot of minutes and Schmaltz should develop into a number four D.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
17 500 000 $
Transactions
STL
    William Nylander agrees to contract
    TOR
    1. Blais, Samuel
    2. Pietrangelo, Alex
    3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (STL)
    STL
    1. Bobrovsky, Sergei
    Détails additionnels:
    Agrees to extension
    CBJ
    1. Allen, Jake
    2. Schwartz, Jaden
    3. Stevens, Nolan
    4. Choix de 5e ronde en 2020 (STL)
    DET
    1. Jeřábek, Jakub (350 000 $ retained)
    2. Musil, Adam
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de STL
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2279 500 000 $68 396 821 $150 988 $232 500 $11 103 179 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Blues de St-Louis
    4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    1 875 000 $1 875 000 $
    C
    UFA - 5
    7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 6
    5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
    AG, AD, C
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 2
    3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 5
    875 000 $875 000 $ (Bonis de performance50 000 $$50K)
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    C, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    700 000 $700 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    894 166 $894 166 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 3
    800 000 $800 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    741 667 $741 667 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    722 500 $722 500 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
    DG/DD
    UFA - 2
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 4
    Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
    7 425 000 $7 425 000 $
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
    812 500 $812 500 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    700 000 $700 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 2
    5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
    DG
    NTC
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
    AG, AD
    NTC
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 3
    1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    19 nov. 2018 à 11 h 57
    Banni
    Rejoint: mai 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
    I am not sure either team likes that deal. St Louis could do better from other teams with a shorter window of contention and TO can likely get a longer term solution than Pietrangelo.
    19 nov. 2018 à 12 h 7
    Black Lives Matter
    Rejoint: mars 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
    Pietrangelo+? I know he's older but that's a lot to give up.
    19 nov. 2018 à 12 h 11
    Démarrer sujet
    Mentions "j'aime": 301
    Quoting: LoganOllivier
    I am not sure either team likes that deal. St Louis could do better from other teams with a shorter window of contention and TO can likely get a longer term solution than Pietrangelo.

I agree. This post was mainly to see if the value of this trade is accurate. Would a trade of Pietrangelo to Tampa for TJ, retained Callahan, and Cernak work?
    19 nov. 2018 à 12 h 13
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: rangersandislesfan
    Pietrangelo+? I know he's older but that's a lot to give up.

Way better than giving up Parayko. Parayko is younger, cheaper, and better than Alex.
    19 nov. 2018 à 12 h 18
    #LeafsFever
    Rejoint: mai 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 935

I would 100% agree. Leafs are specifically targetting young defensemen with control, and/or a long-term cap-friendly contract. That's why someone like Josh Manson makes sense, both from a playing perspective and from a financial perspective. They are hard to find, which is why a lot of the same names are constantly getting tossed around. I'd like to the see the Leafs play hardball and let Nylander sit. They can trade him at the draft and, depending where lottery teams fall, maybe he gets them a high 2019 1st plus something else.
    19 nov. 2018 à 12 h 19
    Banni
    Quoting: NucksFanForLife
    I agree. This post was mainly to see if the value of this trade is accurate. Would a trade of Pietrangelo to Tampa for TJ, retained Callahan, and Cernak work?

I'll let Tampa fans make that judgement but they are a team that makes more sense, they have serious cap issues coming up and their window looks a lot shorter than TO so bringing in a huge upgrade on the blueline for the next year and a half makes more sense for them to go all in on than TO who should have an 6-8 year window.
    NucksFanForLife a aimé ceci.
    19 nov. 2018 à 12 h 20
    Banni
    Quoting: MG1986
    I would 100% agree. Leafs are specifically targetting young defensemen with control, and/or a long-term cap-friendly contract. That's why someone like Josh Manson makes sense, both from a playing perspective and from a financial perspective. They are hard to find, which is why a lot of the same names are constantly getting tossed around. I'd like to the see the Leafs play hardball and let Nylander sit. They can trade him at the draft and, depending where lottery teams fall, maybe he gets them a high 2019 1st plus something else.

Manson isn't a young controllable defenceman. He's a in his second half of his prime defensive defenceman on a fair contract. That is not the same thing as a young up and coming guy. Which doesn't mean I think Manson is bad, he is a very good defenceman but he's 27 and he's not going to progress much beyond what he already is.
    19 nov. 2018 à 12 h 25
    #LeafsFever
    Manson isn't a young controllable defenceman. He's a in his second half of his prime defensive defenceman on a fair contract. That is not the same thing as a young up and coming guy. Which doesn't mean I think Manson is bad, he is a very good defenceman but he's 27 and he's not going to progress much beyond what he already is.

I think you missed my point. But 27 years old on a good contract with term makes Manson appealing, at least to me. Leafs are not making any deals for defenders considering where they sit in the standings. Why mess with what is working at the moment. This would obviously be different if they continuously lost games, but they are playing quite well.
    19 nov. 2018 à 12 h 30
    Banni
    I think you missed my point. But 27 years old on a good contract with term makes Manson appealing, at least to me. Leafs are not making any deals for defenders considering where they sit in the standings. Why mess with what is working at the moment. This would obviously be different if they continuously lost games, but they are playing quite well.

I agree. Their current play gives them all the negotiating power in any trade scenario. They look like they don't need Nylander but that doesn't hurt his value or their negotiating power at all. They are 3rd in the league and 1 point out of first. If you want Nylander, you are going to have to pay a premium or he'll either resign or sit. A team like Carolina on the other hand, will be coming to the table from a position of weakness. Yes they have lots of assets but they are so far a disappointment this season and look like they'll be on the outside looking in again. So they have the pressure to make a trade, giving TO even more negotiating power.

In regards to Manson, Anahiem has been decimated by injuries, they won't make any moves until they are healthy.
    MG1986 a aimé ceci.
    19 nov. 2018 à 12 h 32
    #LeafsFever
    I agree. Their current play gives them all the negotiating power in any trade scenario. They look like they don't need Nylander but that doesn't hurt his value or their negotiating power at all. They are 3rd in the league and 1 point out of first. If you want Nylander, you are going to have to pay a premium or he'll either resign or sit. A team like Carolina on the other hand, will be coming to the table from a position of weakness. Yes they have lots of assets but they are so far a disappointment this season and look like they'll be on the outside looking in again. So they have the pressure to make a trade, giving TO even more negotiating power.

In regards to Manson, Anahiem has been decimated by injuries, they won't make any moves until they are healthy.

Yeah I know. Lindholm just went down with injury I think on Saturday. I'd like to see a Leafs-Flyers deal, only because the Flyers have some intriguing young players and, depending how desperate Ron Hextall is, maybe the Leafs could acquire a couple smile
    19 nov. 2018 à 12 h 35
    Banni
    Yeah I know. Lindholm just went down with injury I think on Saturday. I'd like to see a Leafs-Flyers deal, only because the Flyers have some intriguing young players and, depending how desperate Ron Hextall is, maybe the Leafs could acquire a couple smile

They are a potential trading partner but I think they are a lot closer to being a contender than Carolina. Really if they can get a goalie to be half decent, they could win the Metro which is a lot weaker this year than many expected. At the same time that could lessen their appetite to make a move since they are not that far out of it. Of all the teams in the NHL which would be most depserate to trade for Nylander, it should be Carolina.
    19 nov. 2018 à 12 h 37
    #LeafsFever
    They are a potential trading partner but I think they are a lot closer to being a contender than Carolina. Really if they can get a goalie to be half decent, they could win the Metro which is a lot weaker this year than many expected. At the same time that could lessen their appetite to make a move since they are not that far out of it. Of all the teams in the NHL which would be most depserate to trade for Nylander, it should be Carolina.

I just don't see Canes giving up the parts of what it would take to get him.
    19 nov. 2018 à 12 h 42
    Banni

As I have said countless times on here, I don't think so either which is why I say sign Nylander and then get Matthews and Marner inked as well.
    19 nov. 2018 à 12 h 52
    Rejoint: nov. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 14,686
    60 point wingers are alot more common than legit #1 defensemen who are also RHD.

Nylander is not worth a top 10 defenseman in the entire league. This crap has to stop
    19 nov. 2018 à 12 h 55
    Démarrer sujet

I agree with LoganOllivier in that Carolina should really push to get Nylander. But what most people forget or don't know is that when they traded Dougie Hamilton they also acquired the rights to Adam Fox. He is a 20 year old RHD in Harvard who is putting up over two PPG in the NCAA. He'll need a roster spot in the future on the first or second line, and that makes Pesce expendable. In the long term it really won't hurt Carolina to give up Pesce and a few other pieces. They already have Necas, Kuokkanen, Gauthier, Maenalanen, Geekie, Roy, and even Pu as solid forward prospects. They can easily afford to give up Foegele and a pick.
    19 nov. 2018 à 12 h 58
    Banni
    I agree with LoganOllivier in that Carolina should really push to get Nylander. But what most people forget or don't know is that when they traded Dougie Hamilton they also acquired the rights to Adam Fox. He is a 20 year old RHD in Harvard who is putting up over two PPG in the NCAA. He'll need a roster spot in the future on the first or second line, and that makes Pesce expendable. In the long term it really won't hurt Carolina to give up Pesce and a few other pieces. They already have Necas, Kuokkanen, Gauthier, Maenalanen, Geekie, Roy, and even Pu as solid forward prospects. They can easily afford to give up Foegele and a pick.

Unless you are also giving up a fairly sizeable assets in picks or other players, Pesce won't be missed at all. Pesce isn't the second coming of Scott Stevens, he's a smooth skating defensive defenseman. Those aren't exactly elite players.
    NucksFanForLife a aimé ceci.
    19 nov. 2018 à 13 h 2
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
    60 point wingers are alot more common than legit #1 defensemen who are also RHD.

Nylander is not worth a top 10 defenseman in the entire league. This crap has to stop

Top ten? Currently it's more like top thirty since Parayko took over his job. And Nylander could crack the top 30 wingers if he had the seventh highest scoring center in the league to play with in O'Reilly.
    19 nov. 2018 à 15 h 2
    Sam
    Rejoint: janv. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,188
    I have no issues with trading Pietrangelo, but Schwartz for Bobrovsky is absolutely awful
    19 nov. 2018 à 15 h 20
    Rejoint: nov. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 14,686
    Top ten? Currently it's more like top thirty since Parayko took over his job. And Nylander could crack the top 30 wingers if he had the seventh highest scoring center in the league to play with in O'Reilly.

Pietrangelo not Parayko

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage