The Ultimate Embarrassment? Leafs Sign Mark Stone to Bobby Ryan's Contract

Créé par: burla13
Équipe: 2019-20 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 25 août 2018
Publié: 25 août 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
1. Oh my lord its feasibly possible.
2. Would this end the Sens Franchise, their would be captain, if not for being an embarrassing organization signs with the biggest rival, to win many Stanley Cups, for the exact dollar of a contract that could cause the Erik Karlsson trade to not get max return.
Dubas would be a heartless genius, thank goodness he has a brain that 4 other Canadian GMs could use.

Your thoughts and don't tell me it won't fit because when Patrick Marleau suffers a strain and instead decides to work in the leafs front office on LTIR, I will laugh at you.

The power of not having bad contracts, I laugh about giving Stone the Ryan deal because it would just be poetic to how the franchises are moving, but with a full 23 man roster and 3 million in cap, they could offer him 8.5

I do not know if this is in the plan, but if Dubas wnts to have the greatest 1 2 3 center and right wing depth of the last 20 years, it is actually possible.

That is 3 first lines and a good Third line on many teams.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
88 000 000 $
56 250 000 $
811 000 000 $
21 200 000 $
2900 000 $
21 000 000 $
2925 000 $
2775 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
77 250 000 $
2700 000 $
21 000 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de EDM
Logo de SJS
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 000 000 $78 719 166 $0 $482 500 $3 280 834 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C
UFA - 5
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 6
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
AD
UFA - 8
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AD
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
C
UFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 3
675 000 $675 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
G
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
25 août 2018 à 10 h 1
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,104
I don't think it would embarrass the Sens, but it would embarrass the Leafs. Stone has has a few good seasons, and one very good season (last season). Spending 7.25m at RW seems to be a waste, especially if you are going with Holl and Rosen as third Dmen pair.
At this putting Marleau on LTIR just to save 6.25m in cap relief, c'mon, that's embarrassing for all credible hockey fans. You don't think Marleau wants go play and have a chance to be a Cup winner in last NHL season.
25 août 2018 à 10 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Burla
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 55
One last thing, I'm not saying this is a factor, but could it help. Mark Stone is an unreal hockey player. He, I am sure was just as upset as other players about not going to Russia for the Olymics.
Canadian coach Mike Bacock takes a team of almost exclusively centers with their only true winner on the world cup team being Brad Marchand.

Does he think that not only can I win cups, but show this guy what I can do.
Maybe the Leafs have 3 true wingers in China. Marchand (lock)
Marner - if he gets 90 points with Tavares they are a lock duo.
If Mark Stone with either Kadri or Matthews has 80- 90 points, he would also have a chance.

Meaning the Canadian Olympic team would have 3 Leafs.

Tavares Marner and Stone. Yes please.
25 août 2018 à 10 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Burla
Quoting: palhal
I don't think it would embarrass the Sens, but it would embarrass the Leafs. Stone has has a few good seasons, and one very good season (last season). Spending 7.25m at RW seems to be a waste, especially if you are going with Holl and Rosen as third Dmen pair.
At this putting Marleau on LTIR just to save 6.25m in cap relief, c'mon, that's embarrassing for all credible hockey fans. You don't think Marleau wants go play and have a chance to be a Cup winner in last NHL season.

I think he does it because if you look at my other team, and Ottawa retinas twhy could trade for him this year, win the cup, resign him and Marleau has his cup in the 18-19 year, then either opens a lawn chair with Pridum on Robidas Island, or wants to play another year at the 1 million in real money and the leafs trade his to San Jose where he can retire, with his cup ring.

Everyone wins.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/843722

Especially the Toronto Maple Leafs.
25 août 2018 à 10 h 7
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,156
the only thing dubas has ever done is sign a generational talent whose burning desire was to go to the leafs. like wow, what a genius
25 août 2018 à 10 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Burla

Also I agree this is overkill, no doubt, but they wouldn't lose. Grundstrom-Kadri-Stone

All 3 on this line could win the Selke while Kadri scores 30 and Stone hunts 40. Just unfair.
25 août 2018 à 10 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Burla
Quoting: linehan10
the only thing dubas has ever done is sign a generational talent whose burning desire was to go to the leafs. like wow, what a genius

Yeah and how many times has that player stayed where they were. I remember Friedman saying even 2 days before July first he was 70% sure Tavares was staying on the island

This guy is different he sees and thinks the game different and it shows. I don't know who you are a fan of but if your GM signed the most sought after FA in the last 10 years. Probably the best pure free agent ever, you would give your guy some credit.
25 août 2018 à 10 h 12
Quoting: burla13
Yeah and how many times has that player stayed where they were. I remember Friedman saying even 2 days before July first he was 70% sure Tavares was staying on the island

This guy is different he sees and thinks the game different and it shows. I don't know who you are a fan of but if your GM signed the most sought after FA in the last 10 years. Probably the best pure free agent ever, you would give your guy some credit.

Yeah I mean signing JT was a great move, but its literally how it was when the Lakers signed Lebron - all the leafs had to do is not screw up. Tavares admitted as much in his tribune article
25 août 2018 à 10 h 19
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I think he does it because if you look at my other team, and Ottawa retinas twhy could trade for him this year, win the cup, resign him and Marleau has his cup in the 18-19 year, then either opens a lawn chair with Pridum on Robidas Island, or wants to play another year at the 1 million in real money and the leafs trade his to San Jose where he can retire, with his cup ring.

Everyone wins.

That's so much BS, just to get the Leafs a nice third line RWer in Stone. Athletes play as long as they can at high level because they want to. Guys come back on PTOs and play for minimum cause they still want to play. Ex NHLers play in the AHL for 100,000 cause they don't want to give up the dream. It's a Leaf FANATICS that want to make their fantasy rosters with additional 6.25 cap space fail to look at the reality of Marleau.
Babcock might love the Olympics, because he has most success there, but it might it means nothing to Dubas and Marleau who wants to play for a Cup winner. I'll be more impressed with Babcock as a coach if he can win more that just Stanley Cup in career (one with Detroit). Those Olympics championships mean nothing to Leaf fans.
I know the value of Stone is subjective, but why do think he is that special? You think having him in the lineup makes the Leafs the best team? Look how Ottawa did last year with Karlsson, Duchene, Hoffman and Stone.
25 août 2018 à 10 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Burla
Yeah I mean signing JT was a great move, but its literally how it was when the Lakers signed Lebron - all the leafs had to do is not screw up. Tavares admitted as much in his tribune article

Okay, I couldn't disagree more with your Lebron comparison because the culture of the sport is so different. In the NBA great players moves, all of them! Look at the nhls #1 picks who are superstars
04 Ovechkin 1 team
05 Crosby 1 team
08 Stamkos and Doughty 1 team
Tavares - THE EXCEPTION
Taylor Hall traded -eikk
Ekblad
Mckinnon

Your Lebron comparison doesnt work, he left and already. It was not shocking at all he left again.
It was SHOCKING that Tavares left, islanders players, some were shocked.

Dubas used his form of general managing to beat the godfather of GMs, to say that means nothing is foolish. The job of Dubas has actually changed the game where if a high profile #1 pick superstar wants to leave they can say, Tavares did it, why would I stay.

Imagine Buffalo didnt get Dhalin and after 6 or 7 more years of missing the playoff, do you think Eichel would have stay? Screw that I'm signing with a good team and leaving that broken ship, sorry Islanders.

You can downplay it and that is fine, but this was a hockey changing move, these guys don't just leave, this one did.

Thank you Kyle Dubas.
25 août 2018 à 10 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Burla

I would consider myself a good, even great hockey fan. I watched the Sens this year, it was wierd before we knew any of the Hoffman stuff the seemed off, the year before Karlsson was so special and everything went right and even as a Leaf fan, like we haven't got out of the first round, conference final I have respect.

This year was very dark, everything was bad, Karlsson at times was much worse, they played that grose 1-3-1

And during a year he missed 24 games in he played 3 of the 4 lead games.
He was over a point per game player. In that awful dark situation. 5 on 5 goals, short handed goals. In the one game I remember Ottawa beating the leafs, he did it almost single handedly. This while Duchene was trying to figure out his life, poor guy, and the owner chops the tea out by the ankles.

I think the leafs are good now, but if a guy can average 1.07ppg 62 in 58, pro rated at 88 over 82, and that was with a team who really didnt score.
That TALENT on a team with the skill and culture with the Leafs, how would you match Goal scoring center with an elite point producing right winning with the goal scoring potential of 1 Stone 2 Nylander 3 Marner

Playmaking 1 Marner 2 Nylander 3 Stone, mark stone would be the 3rd best right wing playmaker and still their best goal scorer.

It isnt going to happen, let a be honest, but if one GM right now is seeing talent and figuring out if the Leafs can incorporate it, taht would be Kyle Dubas.

Imagine those forwards and I have only mentioned 6 with the young defenders Dermott Liljegren Sandin and anyone else they draft.
Young skilled and CHEAP to accompany these forwards, I would be watching every minute of every game of that ridiculously talented team.
25 août 2018 à 10 h 46
Okay, I couldn't disagree more with your Lebron comparison because the culture of the sport is so different. In the NBA great players moves, all of them! Look at the nhls #1 picks who are superstars
04 Ovechkin 1 team
05 Crosby 1 team
08 Stamkos and Doughty 1 team
Tavares - THE EXCEPTION
Taylor Hall traded -eikk
Ekblad
Mckinnon

Your Lebron comparison doesnt work, he left and already. It was not shocking at all he left again.
It was SHOCKING that Tavares left, islanders players, some were shocked.

Dubas used his form of general managing to beat the godfather of GMs, to say that means nothing is foolish. The job of Dubas has actually changed the game where if a high profile #1 pick superstar wants to leave they can say, Tavares did it, why would I stay.

Imagine Buffalo didnt get Dhalin and after 6 or 7 more years of missing the playoff, do you think Eichel would have stay? Screw that I'm signing with a good team and leaving that broken ship, sorry Islanders.

You can downplay it and that is fine, but this was a hockey changing move, these guys don't just leave, this one did.

Thank you Kyle Dubas.

Even if the Leafs hadn't been set up by Lou or Shanahan, I still think Tavares would've moved there. He said in his Tribune Article that his dream has been to play for the Leafs. LeBron's dream has been to play for the Lakers. See the similarities? The Leafs had all the factors working for them, in the sense that Tavares has been incredibly interested for his entire life to be a Maple Leaf. He wants to be the guy that brings a Cup to Toronto. It didn't matter if the Gm was dubas, lou, shanahan, whoever, Tavares wanted to be there, all they had to do was not say anything stupid. Dubas' style of GMing isn't any different from others, he just happens to have the advantage of running the team from the area that produced like a third of the league
25 août 2018 à 10 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Burla
Even if the Leafs hadn't been set up by Lou or Shanahan, I still think Tavares would've moved there. He said in his Tribune Article that his dream has been to play for the Leafs. LeBron's dream has been to play for the Lakers. See the similarities? The Leafs had all the factors working for them, in the sense that Tavares has been incredibly interested for his entire life to be a Maple Leaf. He wants to be the guy that brings a Cup to Toronto. It didn't matter if the Gm was dubas, lou, shanahan, whoever, Tavares wanted to be there, all they had to do was not say anything stupid. Dubas' style of GMing isn't any different from others, he just happens to have the advantage of running the team from the area that produced like a third of the league

Sorry lol
Also remember though that it is also a lack of ineptitude, and that's important. No Lucic, Erickson. No need for mid range, pay the very best and fill in the rest with good hockey players.

I know Tavares is from TO but he wanted to talk to Dallas I stead if Edmonton. If you were the top FA that all 31 teams would say sign here, and you were playing in the Era of Connor McDavid I know my first thought would be, wow I could play with Connor McDaivd, but because of their philosophy of big and slow they didnt even get a meeting. That's where if I'm McDavid I ask , how do I win 2 at right Art Ross Trophies and this guys doesnt wanna come. It is the type of organization that matters.
Stammer loves the Leafs too, but when he came out there were coming off a last place year. The type of team matters and Dubas is shaping that team. You don't have to give him credit, I do. His vision sold Tavares and he said because of how we are making this team you will play with Matthews Marner and Nylander for the next 10 years, because I will construct this team in a way that makes sure that is the case.

Oh by the way, you also for the first time in your life do not have to be the best player.
When you are 34 and starting to slow down, Auston Matthew's will be 27 and maybe entering his best years.

It's not just that he is from here , its taht they have a suoeriorly run and managed organization.
25 août 2018 à 10 h 59
BeastMode5515
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 416
I agree those forward corps are amazing but your defense is worse than ever. Unless there is a Torey Krug type breakout moment from one of them then that defense is Rielly, Dermott and some sticks and leaves.
25 août 2018 à 11 h 0
Sorry lol
Also remember though that it is also a lack of ineptitude, and that's important. No Lucic, Erickson. No need for mid range, pay the very best and fill in the rest with good hockey players.

I know Tavares is from TO but he wanted to talk to Dallas I stead if Edmonton. If you were the top FA that all 31 teams would say sign here, and you were playing in the Era of Connor McDavid I know my first thought would be, wow I could play with Connor McDaivd, but because of their philosophy of big and slow they didnt even get a meeting. That's where if I'm McDavid I ask , how do I win 2 at right Art Ross Trophies and this guys doesnt wanna come. It is the type of organization that matters.
Stammer loves the Leafs too, but when he came out there were coming off a last place year. The type of team matters and Dubas is shaping that team. You don't have to give him credit, I do. His vision sold Tavares and he said because of how we are making this team you will play with Matthews Marner and Nylander for the next 10 years, because I will construct this team in a way that makes sure that is the case.

Oh by the way, you also for the first time in your life do not have to be the best player.
When you are 34 and starting to slow down, Auston Matthew's will be 27 and maybe entering his best years.

It's not just that he is from here , its taht they have a suoeriorly run and managed organization.

I do think Tavares wanted to make his best informed decision - hence why he sat down with so many teams. But at the end of the day, he eliminated four of the six right away. It became clear it was down to either continuing with the Isles or fulfilling his life long dream of being a Maple Leaf - he chose the latter.

I do not give Dubas much of any credit. His "vision" is just Lou and Shanahan's vision. Of course when you sign an incredible talent like JT, it opens some eyes. When that talent admits he wanted to go for his entire life to where you're GMing? Yeah, not so much. Dubas just has everything in his favor.

Give more credit to Lou and especially Shanahan. They built this thing, not Dubas.
palhal a aimé ceci.
25 août 2018 à 11 h 12
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I do think Tavares wanted to make his best informed decision - hence why he sat down with so many teams. But at the end of the day, he eliminated four of the six right away. It became clear it was down to either continuing with the Isles or fulfilling his life long dream of being a Maple Leaf - he chose the latter.

I do not give Dubas much of any credit. His "vision" is just Lou and Shanahan's vision. Of course when you sign an incredible talent like JT, it opens some eyes. When that talent admits he wanted to go for his entire life to where you're GMing? Yeah, not so much. Dubas just has everything in his favor.

Give more credit to Lou and especially Shanahan. They built this thing, not Dubas.

Agree you with about Tavares joining the Leafs. It was Tavares choice, not anything special Dubas or the Leafs did. And the Isles did nothing wrong. It's the players decision ,not only for Tavares but in most UFA signings.

Just on the Tavares theme. Now the Leafs have to continue build their team with less cap space now that JT eats up 11m. And the Isles they have to spend the 11m they had allotted to Tavares wisely on other players.
25 août 2018 à 11 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Burla

No joke I give Lou credit for 3 things, getting rid of money that needed to go, turning the leafs from waffles and kessel yo a respectable organization and lastly stupid rules like shaving and Joe Bowen cant br on their flights.
That guy gave Leo Komorov 4 years at 3 million per so we do need to give credit for that oh and trading for Matt Martin who was scratched for 40 games last year plus all of the playoffs, Lou loves that hard work and tough play. Unfortunately to win a hockey game you do actually have to score more goals than the other team and I dont know if Komorov , for 4 years remember , gotta lock up those 30 year olds to that solid term, and Matt Martin will score many goals.
Islanders fan? Salty? I would be too man, I was mad when Mats left at 38, made me sad, but honestly you do not have to give Dubas credit because the rest of us all.
hayley wickenheiser does too, appreciated a chance to show and teach her skills to an NHL franchise, would Lou have made this hire.
I really don't know.
Being the GM is about getting good players and creating a culture of winning.
In 3 months Dubas has a Calder Cup, John Tavares and if you look at their organization I'll quite the toronto star, which for all 25 years of my life has talked about how this team is a joke,

"So as the Leafs are perceived as getting closer to the Cup, just as was the case in ’93 and ’01, only the sentiment in the city really remains the same. The methods being used are very different now, fitting the way the NHL and the hockey industry have changed. This is a cutting-edge franchise."

Mr. Cox, I dont know if I've ever said this, I couldn't agree more.
25 août 2018 à 11 h 14
Mentions "j'aime": 4
I don't watch the leafs at all, but why do all the leaf fans have Marnar worth more than Nylander? Should they not be paid the same?
burla13 a aimé ceci.
25 août 2018 à 11 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Burla
Agree you with about Tavares joining the Leafs. It was Tavares choice, not anything special Dubas or the Leafs did. And the Isles did nothing wrong. It's the players decision ,not only for Tavares but in most UFA signings.

Just on the Tavares theme. Now the Leafs have to continue build their team with less cap space now that JT eats up 11m. And the Isles they have to spend the 11m they had allotted to Tavares wisely on other players.

WISELY!!! Woooow 1 sec
Komorov 3 million
Matt Martin 2.5 million
Filpula 2.75 million
Andrew Ladd 5.5million
Please please tell me that you are happy to spend 13.75 million on those 4 players instead of Tavares. I am off today and I want to see this argument.

You want 4 players with a combined career high in points of top 2 seasons ever of 66 points for Filpula in 2012 (that seems a while back)
And 62 point for Ladd in 2015 that last year had 29.
Make the argument this is a better use of money than 84 point player, captain, Olympian john Tavares.
And to be fair I could take out Filpula and have it be 11 vs 11 but I thought I would give you at least a career high of 66. I await and am excited for the response.
25 août 2018 à 11 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Burla
Quoting: Habshabshabs
I don't watch the leafs at all, but why do all the leaf fans have Marnar worth more than Nylander? Should they not be paid the same?

Marner is more consistant, was a higher pick and it is jsyt kind of believed that although it's close he is a step above
I think he deserves more because he let the team in scoring once but also dominated last years playoffs in a way Nylander has not.
25 août 2018 à 11 h 29
No joke I give Lou credit for 3 things, getting rid of money that needed to go, turning the leafs from waffles and kessel yo a respectable organization and lastly stupid rules like shaving and Joe Bowen cant br on their flights.
That guy gave Leo Komorov 4 years at 3 million per so we do need to give credit for that oh and trading for Matt Martin who was scratched for 40 games last year plus all of the playoffs, Lou loves that hard work and tough play. Unfortunately to win a hockey game you do actually have to score more goals than the other team and I dont know if Komorov , for 4 years remember , gotta lock up those 30 year olds to that solid term, and Matt Martin will score many goals.
Islanders fan? Salty? I would be too man, I was mad when Mats left at 38, made me sad, but honestly you do not have to give Dubas credit because the rest of us all.
hayley wickenheiser does too, appreciated a chance to show and teach her skills to an NHL franchise, would Lou have made this hire.
I really don't know.
Being the GM is about getting good players and creating a culture of winning.
In 3 months Dubas has a Calder Cup, John Tavares and if you look at their organization I'll quite the toronto star, which for all 25 years of my life has talked about how this team is a joke,

"So as the Leafs are perceived as getting closer to the Cup, just as was the case in ’93 and ’01, only the sentiment in the city really remains the same. The methods being used are very different now, fitting the way the NHL and the hockey industry have changed. This is a cutting-edge franchise."

Mr. Cox, I dont know if I've ever said this, I couldn't agree more.

I don't know what about me in this indicates salt. I'm just basing everything I say off of stuff you can find with a simple google search. Saying that Tavares wanted to join the Leafs after he said as much in the Players Tribune isn't salty. If I were to say "Man, f*ck John Tavares. He is a snake" that is salty. You can, however, just see the salt fly off of every word you say in that response. The phrase a lot of Islander fans have adopted (which is completely true, by the way) - Leaf fans are saltier about Islander fans being salty than Islander fans are salty about John Tavares.
25 août 2018 à 11 h 30
WISELY!!! Woooow 1 sec
Komorov 3 million
Matt Martin 2.5 million
Filpula 2.75 million
Andrew Ladd 5.5million
Please please tell me that you are happy to spend 13.75 million on those 4 players instead of Tavares. I am off today and I want to see this argument.

You want 4 players with a combined career high in points of top 2 seasons ever of 66 points for Filpula in 2012 (that seems a while back)
And 62 point for Ladd in 2015 that last year had 29.
Make the argument this is a better use of money than 84 point player, captain, Olympian john Tavares.
And to be fair I could take out Filpula and have it be 11 vs 11 but I thought I would give you at least a career high of 66. I await and am excited for the response.

This argument is also dumb, because you'd know that the Isles actually offered more money to begin with - and three of the four guys you listed made their way over after Tavares left. not sure what you're going for there
25 août 2018 à 11 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Burla
I don't know what about me in this indicates salt. I'm just basing everything I say off of stuff you can find with a simple google search. Saying that Tavares wanted to join the Leafs after he said as much in the Players Tribune isn't salty. If I were to say "Man, f*ck John Tavares. He is a snake" that is salty. You can, however, just seeing the salt fly off of every word you say in that response. The phrase a lot of Islander fans have adopted (which is completely true, by the way) - Leaf fans are saltier about Islander fans being salty than Islander fans are salty about John Tavares.

If that is the argument, thank you sir our discourse has been fun, I appreciate fandom I really do. And you get to feel however you want , it doenst effect me. All I say is if you dont want ro gice Dubad ANY credit, that's just unfair. But taht is alright. I hope Komorov scores 12 goals and has a bounceback season ?
25 août 2018 à 11 h 33
If that is the argument, thank you sir our discourse has been fun, I appreciate fandom I really do. And you get to feel however you want , it doenst effect me. All I say is if you dont want ro gice Dubad ANY credit, that's just unfair. But taht is alright. I hope Komorov scores 12 goals and has a bounceback season ?

Dubas doesn't deserve any credit. He hasn't actually proven he's a smart general manager.
25 août 2018 à 11 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Burla
This argument is also dumb, because you'd know that the Isles actually offered more money to begin with - and three of the four guys you listed made their way over after Tavares left. not sure what you're going for there

Your exact words

. And the Isles they have to spend the 11m they had allotted to Tavares wisely on other players.

They spent it. Was that wise? Yeah they saved 11m hooray! Looked how they used the money they had for Tavares that's embarrassing you are paying 3 4th liners instead of a number 1 center, it doesn't make sense.

But thank you for the back and forth, it got my brain churning on a Saturday morning!
25 août 2018 à 11 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Burla
Dubas doesn't deserve any credit. He hasn't actually proven he's a smart general manager.

HAHAHAHAHAHA HOT TAKE ALERT.
I'll make sure to timestamp this one when the Leafs have a cup and the islanders pick in the bottom 5 for the next 5 years.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage