Forums/Armchair-GM

So, what are the odds....

Créé par: Eli
Équipe: 2018-19 Coyotes de l'Arizona
Date de création initiale: 6 mai 2018
Publié: 6 mai 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The Coyotes just traded for Kruger, an AHLer with a 3.5M cap hit, possibly to play him, or maybe just because his actual salary is only 2.5M, so they can run a season below the rising salary floor. Orpik is also owed a million below his cap hit next year, but plays in the NHL, and even has three points in the playoffs this year. Is AZ a likely destination, and what might they offer?
Transactions
ARI
  1. Orpik, Brooks
Détails additionnels:
Orpik is paid 1M less than his cap hit this coming year, just like Kruger. If AZ is looking to run a lower-limit team again, does Orpik give them flexibility to trade away anyone else, and ultimately have a budget that's actually 1M below the salary floor while they rebuild?
WSH
    Anything. Or nothing.
    Rachats de contrats
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ARI
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    1880 000 000 $53 058 610 $0 $2 717 500 $26 941 390 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 3
    2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    821 666 $821 666 $ (Bonis de performance230 000 $$230K)
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    2 775 000 $2 775 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    675 000 $675 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    AG, C
    UFA - 1
    885 833 $885 833 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    839 167 $839 167 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
    C
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
    G
    UFA - 3
    5 475 000 $5 475 000 $
    DG/DD
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    1 850 000 $1 850 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    3 937 500 $3 937 500 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
    DG
    NTC
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    6 mai 2018 à 18 h 2
    What in tarnation
    Rejoint: oct. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 31,467
    Rather anything than nothing if you ask me.
    Eli a aimé ceci.
    6 mai 2018 à 18 h 15
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Rejoint: juill. 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 22,938
    Coyotes probably don't need help getting to the cap floor. They're at 52m with 17 players and have 6 players to sign. I think Arizona may want a sweetener. Maybe the Sabres would appreciate NY state veteran Orpik to help them with their young group.
    Eli a aimé ceci.
    6 mai 2018 à 20 h 43
    Démarrer sujet
    Who adds what?
    Rejoint: juill. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
    Quoting: palhal
    Coyotes probably don't need help getting to the cap floor. They're at 52m with 17 players and have 6 players to sign. I think Arizona may want a sweetener. Maybe the Sabres would appreciate NY state veteran Orpik to help them with their young group.

Yeah. Or maybe the Lanche? Orpik got the primary assist on the go-ahead goal to eliminate Columbus this year. It wasn't the first such point he's played a role in. I think the Avalanche will have cap space next year and need the kind of competitor who gets them to the playoffs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRM0Czya46A
    9 mai 2018 à 13 h 4
    Doughty4Norris
    Rejoint: janv. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 7
    Most likely if this were to happen I think Arizona would want possibly a first round pick included for the cap relief on Washington
    9 mai 2018 à 13 h 10
    Démarrer sujet
    Who adds what?
    Modifié 9 mai 2018 à 13 h 21
    Quoting: Doughty4Norris
    Most likely if this were to happen I think Arizona would want possibly a first round pick included for the cap relief on Washington

I'm sorry. It looks like you misspelled "3rd."

Washington doesn't need a whole 5.5M in cap space, so the Yotes could certainly dump back up to 3M of whoever isn't in their plans (or more if it's divided among several contracts the Caps can buy out and stick in the minors for more cap relief, but Orpik is better than a lot of the Coyotes' defensemen, and can help them spend below the cap floor by an additional million, while bringing leadership, a Cup ring, and the longest active streak of years winning at least one playoff round, now at six.

Orpik's in the top forty defensemen in playoff points, currently tied with Ivan Provorov and Ian Cole for 34th, with three assists.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?reportType=season&seasonFrom=20172018&seasonTo=20172018&gameType=3&position=D&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,assists

I'm looking for insight into which of their expiring contracts the Coyotes might consider trading away next year at the deadline, and whether they're interested in taking on more Kruger-style ballast to keep them above the cap floor without necessarily paying full sticker price.

They just traded a good young player in Jordan Martinook to get a 3M AHLer in Kruger, so with all due respect.....
    9 mai 2018 à 15 h 18
    Doughty4Norris
    Rejoint: janv. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 7
    Quoting: Eli
    I'm sorry. It looks like you misspelled "3rd."

Washington doesn't need a whole 5.5M in cap space, so the Yotes could certainly dump back up to 3M of whoever isn't in their plans (or more if it's divided among several contracts the Caps can buy out and stick in the minors for more cap relief, but Orpik is better than a lot of the Coyotes' defensemen, and can help them spend below the cap floor by an additional million, while bringing leadership, a Cup ring, and the longest active streak of years winning at least one playoff round, now at six.

Orpik's in the top forty defensemen in playoff points, currently tied with Ivan Provorov and Ian Cole for 34th, with three assists.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?reportType=season&seasonFrom=20172018&seasonTo=20172018&gameType=3&position=D&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,assists

I'm looking for insight into which of their expiring contracts the Coyotes might consider trading away next year at the deadline, and whether they're interested in taking on more Kruger-style ballast to keep them above the cap floor without necessarily paying full sticker price.

They just traded a good young player in Jordan Martinook to get a 3M AHLer in Kruger, so with all due respect.....

That is true Chayka has made some questionable moves however if Arizona takes his contract then they should atleast also get a second round pick. The reason I think the yotes got Kruger is because I do not think Brad Richardson will not be back next season and Jordan Martinook was moved just to make room for Lawson Crouse
    Eli a aimé ceci.
    9 mai 2018 à 16 h 55
    Démarrer sujet
    Who adds what?
    Quoting: Doughty4Norris
    That is true Chayka has made some questionable moves however if Arizona takes his contract then they should atleast also get a second round pick. The reason I think the yotes got Kruger is because I do not think Brad Richardson will not be back next season and Jordan Martinook was moved just to make room for Lawson Crouse

Thank you. That helps my understanding (even if I don't think the Caps part with a 2nd over a guy making 4.5M who will cost 2.5M next year to buy out, and who's +9 in the playoffs, so far, with three points.

Every other post I see about Arizona is someone trading for one of their defensemen, so it seems like maybe they could sell now on a couple of their veterans, collect a 3rd pick by taking on Orpik, or maybe a 5th if the Caps retain 2M and Arizona gives back someone the Caps then waive and send to the AHL. Then Orpik plays a bunch of fun minutes with the rebuilding coyotes, gets to play more offense than he's used to and score a few points, and then gets traded at the deadline for a 3rd, getting one more chance at the playoffs, somewhere with cap space.

His cap hit is high, but it's not much higher than most of these guys with only two playoff points: Andrew MacDonald, Matt Dumba, Brayden McNabb, Hampus Lindholm, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Olli maata, Nikita Zaitsev.

Basically, yeah, he's old. I'm old too and I don't want to hear your whippersnapper balderdash about it. If the Caps can sign Carlson, Wilson and Bowey by trading just Grubauer, I think they'll happily play Orpik next year. If not, the return for a team "graciously taking on a cap dump of poor old geriatric Orpik" should be lower than what the Caps could get for the UFA rights of Carlson, don't you think?

It seems like people on here like to disagree and state how emphatically they hold their opinions, or negotiate toward the center of a disagreement, as though whoever has posted an opinion different from theirs must be incorrect in equal measure to how incorrect the idea they picked out of the air with no basis was.

Brooks Orpik is plus nine. None of the guys I just listed is. Maata is +8. Everyone else is +3 or below. In twelve playoff games, Orpik has been on the ice for nine more goals for than goals against. Nobody is giving away a 2nd round draft pick to dump his contract, and you are delusional for thinking they would. Get help. A third is already highway robbery, kid. Would the the Pens or Leafs pay a 3rd to get rid of Maata or Zaitsev? Zaitsev was less effective than Orpik this year in a few ways, and is signed for six more years at almost as high a cap hit.

Yes, an average growth chart for pro hockey players shows Brooks Orpik's age as "extinct." But he keeps on playing, just like Chris Chelios, Jaromir Jagr, Patrick Roy, or Joe Sakic before him. His teams have won at least one round in six straight years. That is not a coincidence. He always shows up under pressure. He's gotten a point on the go-ahead goal to eliminate at least two of those opponents. I do post about trading him because I'm a big Carlson fan, and the salary cap leads to decisions. Don't get it twisted. Orpik's a beast.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage