Cons:
- major loss in offence
- chemistry thrown off potentially
- loss of veteran experience
22 févr. 2018 à 14 h 23
Follow capfriendly
Rejoint: déc. 1336
Mentions "j'aime": 1,921
I think the Leafs should keep him to gear up for a playoff run, just consider it a rental without giving picks
22 févr. 2018 à 14 h 57
Démarrer sujet
get ur corsi up
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
Quoting: Banks
I think the Leafs should keep him to gear up for a playoff run, just consider it a rental without giving picks

Those are my thoughts as well. He adds valuable experience and goal scoring ability to a young team.
22 févr. 2018 à 23 h 26
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
I thought there was the cap space to resign one of JVR or Bozak, no?

Either way, a trade doesn't make sense to me at all. He's one of the best pure power forwards in the league, and I don't see the Leafs needing to trade him right now. It's not like the prospect pool needs the extra pieces. Keep him and hope to make a solid playoff run with him. If you can't resign him, I'd always try to trade his negotiating rights for a pick right before the draft.
23 févr. 2018 à 11 h 18
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 23,123
Quoting: krakowitz
I thought there was the cap space to resign one of JVR or Bozak, no?

Either way, a trade doesn't make sense to me at all. He's one of the best pure power forwards in the league, and I don't see the Leafs needing to trade him right now. It's not like the prospect pool needs the extra pieces. Keep him and hope to make a solid playoff run with him. If you can't resign him, I'd always try to trade his negotiating rights for a pick right before the draft.

Little chance that the Leafs resign JVR. Leafs do have young wingers to take his place...Kapanen, Johnson, Leivo. Yea not as good, but apparently cost effective. Gotta find a centre to replace Bozak though. There is really no one in the AHL to help. Unless Marleau switches to centre (I don't see Nylander), Leafs will likely have to trade for centre help. Leafs have 10m to spend on UFAs this summer. (or that centre trade).
25 févr. 2018 à 8 h 8
Démarrer sujet
get ur corsi up
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
Quoting: palhal
Little chance that the Leafs resign JVR. Leafs do have young wingers to take his place...Kapanen, Johnson, Leivo. Yea not as good, but apparently cost effective. Gotta find a centre to replace Bozak though. There is really no one in the AHL to help. Unless Marleau switches to centre (I don't see Nylander), Leafs will likely have to trade for centre help. Leafs have 10m to spend on UFAs this summer. (or that centre trade).

Those are my thoughts as well. We have loads of wingers coming through the system, but we will need to find a new 3C. Who do you see as some ideal targets? Paul Stastny would be great, maybe Henrik Sedin?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage