Forums/Armchair-GM

Off-season moves, a old new look.

Créé par: HawksFan28
Équipe: 2018-19 Blackhawks de Chicago
Date de création initiale: 5 févr. 2018
Publié: 5 févr. 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Signing Green and Vanek, both to 1 year deals makes sense now if the Hawks want to get better for next season, especially if Bowman is intent on signing one of Doughty, Karlsson or Panarin as a UFA in the summer of 2019...I feel both Green and Vanek are veterans that can contribute while giving the Hawks an opportunity to contend again for the Cup while giving them a window to bring Panarin back to play with Kane after this summer.

So those moves are made thinking past 2018-2019.

Also, you gotta love that defense - it has everything you want..... Deep.

Hossa for Hjalmarsson makes sense for both sides. Hjalmarsson is going to be a UFA in 2019 - the salary cap is going up hence the cap floor is going up and a team like Arizona would love a contract like Hossa's which gives them a 5.275 cap hit for a measly 1 million in salary for the next 3 seasons.... So Hossa's contract is worth it's weight in gold to a team like Arizona that's on a budget, so I think a Hossa for Hjalmarsson swap straight up is more than fair for both sides - both teams get exactly what they want.

Maybe the Hawks add a pick or prospect to seal the deal, but Hossa for Hammer is more than fair and YES I would do it if I was Arizona and I had a budget to work with because Hossa's contract would give me more cash to work with.

Of course Hossa would have to agree with the deal, who knows what his future plans are now. Perhaps he has a return to the Hawks in mind? if so that would be great because it's obvious losing his game has hurt the Hawks so a Hossa return would be just as good as getting Hjalmarsson back.... If he's done with hockey I don't see why Hossa would object to the move.

Either way I like the look of this team, it has balance and the defense is really deep - something the Hawks have lacked this season.

Perhaps Bowman would also sign some legitimate NHL depth guys to balance out the 4th line, but other than that I like this look.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 250 000 $
21 250 000 $
21 250 000 $
2925 000 $
2925 000 $
22 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
21 250 000 $
15 500 000 $
12 250 000 $
Sikura, Dylan
2925 000 $
Transactions
ARI
  1. Hossa, Marián
Détails additionnels:
Hossa's 1 per salary and 5.275 cap hit will be an asset to a team like Arizona struggling to meet the rising cap floor. It's not often a team has the opportunity to acquire 5.275 in cap space for merely 1 million in salary.
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de ANA
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2481 000 000 $71 771 795 $1 232 500 $982 500 $9 228 205 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 5
2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 5
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, C
UFA - 1
778 333 $778 333 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
AG, AD
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Sikura, Dylan
925 000 $925 000 $
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 538 462 $5 538 462 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 5
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
650 000 $650 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
3 850 000 $3 850 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
872 500 $872 500 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
5 févr. 2018 à 18 h 9
Lafreniere
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 305
Hahahahahahahahaha Hossa for ******* Hjalmarsson? Is Hossa even going to play again? ahahahahahah. I’m sorry but “meeting the cap floor” can easily be done.
5 févr. 2018 à 18 h 19
Démarrer sujet
HawksFan28
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 138
Quoting: ShafferPens
Hahahahahahahahaha Hossa for ******* Hjalmarsson? Is Hossa even going to play again? ahahahahahah. I’m sorry but “meeting the cap floor” can easily be done.

Hossa has a 1 million dollar salary but carries a 5.275 cap hit..... That is worth GOLD to a team like Arizona.

Hossa's contract is worth a ton to any team on a budget...... Bringing in Hossa would give Chayka an extra $4.275 million in cash to spend on players.. Or ownership could just save the $4.275....

Financially that trade would be a gift to Chayka...

Hossa's contract is valuable to a budget team...

I don't know what people don't understand about that.....
5 févr. 2018 à 18 h 32
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,858
The first thing to do to create any type of realism is to make this deal with the Arizona roster. And it's you don't that doesn't understand the cap floor. Arizona gets the sweeteners to take on poor contracts, including LTIR, they don't give up starting NHL Dman for nothing. Arizona has numerous options to "reach the cap" if necessary rather than sacrificing NHL players.
5 févr. 2018 à 18 h 37
Lafreniere
Quoting: HawksFan28
Hossa has a 1 million dollar salary but carries a 5.275 cap hit..... That is worth GOLD to a team like Arizona.

Hossa's contract is worth a ton to any team on a budget...... Bringing in Hossa would give Chayka an extra $4.275 million in cash to spend on players.. Or ownership could just save the $4.275....

Financially that trade would be a gift to Chayka...

Hossa's contract is valuable to a budget team...

I don't know what people don't understand about that.....

So ARI gives away a top 4D for “flexibility”?
goodfella a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2018 à 18 h 45
Démarrer sujet
HawksFan28
Quoting: palhal
The first thing to do to create any type of realism is to make this deal with the Arizona roster. And it's you don't that doesn't understand the cap floor. Arizona gets the sweeteners to take on poor contracts, including LTIR, they don't give up starting NHL Dman for nothing. Arizona has numerous options to "reach the cap" if necessary rather than sacrificing NHL players.

None of that makes any sense at all when the team can save 4.275 MILLION in cash money on Hossa...

4.275 is a nice chunk of money that can be saved or can be used to sign other players...

The notion Chakya would overlook the opportunity is bonkers....
5 févr. 2018 à 18 h 45
Grierless Sharks Fan
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 927
Modifié 6 févr. 2018 à 15 h 15
They could get far more for him.
5 févr. 2018 à 18 h 50
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9
None of that makes any sense at all when the team can save 4.275 MILLION in cash money on Hossa...

4.275 is a nice chunk of money that can be saved or can be used to sign other players...

The notion Chakya would overlook the opportunity is bonkers....

please share your drugs, they must be great if you think this makes sense to you
5 févr. 2018 à 18 h 54
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: goodfella
They could far more for him.

The idea that a team trade an NHLer for non playing cap space is bonkers. This seems to be your premise on these trades, it's ridiculous. For the last time, which I know you don't seem to realize, "when a team acquires cap "space like Arizona.....Arizona gets the sweetener. And Arizona still wants to be a "winning" team, they don't do by trading away NHLers is for nothing. Try making a Arizona roster, instead of standing on your current premise, and you will see how Arizona certainly doesn't have to do what you suggest to reach the cap floor. Try a 2018/19 roster but a doubt if you will do it, cause it take 10 minutes of work,.
5 févr. 2018 à 18 h 56
Démarrer sujet
HawksFan28
So ARI gives away a top 4D for “flexibility”?

It doesn't have to be Hjalmarsson, but you can bet Arizona would be extremely interested in Hossa's contract because it gives them an opportunity to save 4.275 million in cash money. The team spends to the cap floor for a reason...

Hjalmarsson isn't resigning in Arizona, he has one year left on his contract - he's being traded at some point..

Arizona would gladly take Hossa's contract and would give up an asset to take it...... The Hawks don't need to dump Hossa's contract so trading it would merely be a maneuver to get an asset. Hossa's contract would be gold to Arizona, so Arizona would gladly give up something for the contract...

It's only logic that a budget team would have interest in 5.275 in cap space for a million bucks..

Arizona isn't doing the Hawks a favor in this one - the Hawks are doing a favor for Arizona.

Could Arizona get on ice value for Hjamarsson? absolutely, but they'll have to take on more $$$$$$ in the process.
5 févr. 2018 à 18 h 59
Lafreniere
It doesn't have to be Hjalmarsson, but you can bet Arizona would be extremely interested in Hossa's contract because it gives them an opportunity to save 4.275 million in cash money. The team spends to the cap floor for a reason...

Hjalmarsson isn't resigning in Arizona, he has one year left on his contract - he's being traded at some point..

Arizona would gladly take Hossa's contract and would give up an asset to take it...... The Hawks don't need to dump Hossa's contract so trading it would merely be a maneuver to get an asset. Hossa's contract would be gold to Arizona, so Arizona would gladly give up something for the contract...

It's only logic that a budget team would have interest in 5.275 in cap space for a million bucks..

Arizona isn't doing the Hawks a favor in this one - the Hawks are doing a favor for Arizona.

Could Arizona get on ice value for Hjamarsson? absolutely, but they'll have to take on more $$$$$$ in the process.

What’s your logic on Hossa for Hjalmarsson for real? ARI could get so much more and could get Hossa for a 5th.
5 févr. 2018 à 19 h 3
Démarrer sujet
HawksFan28
Quoting: Originalfan
please share your drugs, they must be great if you think this makes sense to you

5.275 in cap hit for 1 million to a team that needs to make the cap floor makes all the sense in the world.

It's called saving 4.275 million dollars.

Are you saying Arizona has no interest in saving 4.275 million when it's obvious they're a budget team that has no interest at all spending beyond he salary cap floor - the cap floor I might add is going up significantly this summer?

You do realize that the cap floor is going up by at least 5 million this summer...... If you can offset that with 1 million in cash instead of going out and spending 5 million then you do it.

You can bet Arizona will have a lot of interest in Hossa's contract..
5 févr. 2018 à 19 h 6
Démarrer sujet
HawksFan28
What’s your logic on Hossa for Hjalmarsson for real? ARI could get so much more and could get Hossa for a 5th.

I don't know what Bowman could get for Hossa, but Hossa's contract is extremely attractive to a team that needs to gain cap space to meet the cap floor requirements.

It allows a team to save 4.25 million in cash money, and to a cash strapped team on a budget that has value -- lots of value.
5 févr. 2018 à 19 h 17
exo2769
Mentions "j'aime": 9,877
Modifié 6 févr. 2018 à 9 h 11
So @HawksFan28 I AM of the opinion that Chayka should desire Hossa more than any other team out there. BUT let's keep in mind that he's still taking on $3M when it's all said and done. So...it would be one thing to include a player of negative value...like...Maybe if they had Matt Beleskey or since you're a Hawks fan...if AZ was trying to unload Bickell like the hawks wanted to do years back. In those examples yes AZ is benefiting because Hossa's salary is soo low, but Hammer isn't in this category.

(One strategy you might consider is trading Bolland back to Chicago. Just gives AZ this benefit for 2 more years....AND depending how much research you want to do...they might actually save money here depending on how the insurance works for these players/teams. CHI only has the LTIR for 1 year so they'd be down too.)

So how does this make sense??? I'm going to start at the 10,000 foot level. Would AZ take on Hossa in exchange for "Future Considerations"? The answer is no. AZ would be just asking to pay $3M that they wouldn't normally have to. Hossa doesn't play hockey anymore. There shouldn't be a debate so far. Now if there a question about Cap Floor...it's $53M this year and at the high level is ~$56M next year...even if that cap goes to $80M...the floor probably won't go up the same amount. So they're @ $46M for next year...as it stands today AND they still need 2 goalies, 3 forward, and 1 Dman for next year. IF they go the ELC route...(@ Approx. $1M roundly speaking) they're $4M from the floor. ALREADY!!! If they resign Reider or Domi or they can get to the floor without any UFAs.

The point of all of this is....The Hawks will have to give AZ something. What??? That's debatable, but Chayka isn't stupid and he's not going to do the Hawks any favors. He knows the Hawks want to shed that cap and I would expect him to use his leverage his the best of his ability...except Datsyuk was a terrible trade...so maybe you have a point! JK He probably learned his lesson.

***EDIT*** @Palhal has a great point, I'm forgetting bonuses and there will certainly be bonuses with this many ELCs.
Alankrz a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2018 à 22 h 31
Démarrer sujet
HawksFan28
Quoting: exo2769
So @HawksFan28 I AM of the opinion that Chayka should desire Hossa more than any other team out there. BUT let's keep in mind that he's still taking on $3M when it's all said and done. So...it would be one thing to include a player of negative value...like...Maybe if they had Matt Beleskey or since you're a Hawks fan...if AZ was trying to unload Bickell like the hawks wanted to do years back. In those examples yes AZ is benefiting because Hossa's salary is soo low, but Hammer isn't in this category.

(One strategy you might consider is trading Bolland back to Chicago. Just gives AZ this benefit for 2 more years....AND depending how much research you want to do...they might actually save money here depending on how the insurance works for these players/teams. CHI only has the LTIR for 1 year so they'd be down too.)

So how does this make sense??? I'm going to start at the 10,000 foot level. Would AZ take on Hossa in exchange for "Future Considerations"? The answer is no. AZ would be just asking to pay $3M that they wouldn't normally have to. Hossa doesn't play hockey anymore. There shouldn't be a debate so far. Now if there a question about Cap Floor...it's $53M this year and at the high level is ~$56M next year...even if that cap goes to $80M...the floor probably won't go up the same amount. So they're @ $46M for next year...as it stands today AND they still need 2 goalies, 3 forward, and 1 Dman for next year. IF they go the ELC route...(@ Approx. $1M roundly speaking) they're $4M from the floor. ALREADY!!! If they resign Reider or Domi or they can get to the floor without any UFAs.

The point of all of this is....The Hawks will have to give AZ something. What??? That's debatable, but Chayka isn't stupid and he's not going to do the Hawks any favors. He knows the Hawks want to shed that cap and I would expect him to use his leverage his the best of his ability...except Datsyuk was a terrible trade...so maybe you have a point! JK He probably learned his lesson.

***EDIT*** Palhal has a great point, I'm forgetting bonuses and there will certainly be bonuses with this many ELCs.

It's simple math..

Hossa's contract is valuable because he has a cap hit of 5.25 million with a salary of 1 million...... There is no way around that, and there is no way to minimize the value to Arizona. I don't get how posters don't understand the simplicity of this, and how saving 4.25 million is financially attractive to a franchise.

If you want to debate what Hossa would bring, fine - but the notion Arizona is doing the Hawks a favor or that the Hawks would have to add is pretty funny considering a contract like Hossas is everything they would want....

You can bet if a team can get to the cap floor with a contract like Hossa's they're going to do it......

You can bet Florida and Colorado would have interest too.
6 févr. 2018 à 9 h 6
exo2769
Mentions "j'aime": 9,877
@HawksFan28 Oh, I understand where you're confused now. Once AZ reaches the cap floor...which many people have proven they can do...they don't need to take on additional cap. It's just not needed. So, if they don't need additional cap...they why spend even $1.00 on a player that won't play, especially considering that they're a budget team? So IF they could NOT reach the cap floor (which they can) then I would agree, but the can reach the cap floor so it's just $3M in salary they're taking on.

AND keep in mind I'm someone that actually agrees with your premise that AZ should want Hossa more than any other team, but no one prefers spending money they don't have to spend...unless you want to give me $3M???

Let's look at history! Dave Bolland was traded to AZ from Florida. AND in order for AZ to accept that additional cap hit...Florida needed to give AZ the 11th overall pick in the 2015 draft..Lawson Crouse.
6 févr. 2018 à 15 h 16
Grierless Sharks Fan
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 927
Quoting: palhal
The idea that a team trade an NHLer for non playing cap space is bonkers. This seems to be your premise on these trades, it's ridiculous. For the last time, which I know you don't seem to realize, "when a team acquires cap "space like Arizona.....Arizona gets the sweetener. And Arizona still wants to be a "winning" team, they don't do by trading away NHLers is for nothing. Try making a Arizona roster, instead of standing on your current premise, and you will see how Arizona certainly doesn't have to do what you suggest to reach the cap floor. Try a 2018/19 roster but a doubt if you will do it, cause it take 10 minutes of work,.

I think you're quoting the wrong guy. I think AZ could get so much more Hjal. I find this trade silly.
6 févr. 2018 à 16 h 12
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Modifié 6 févr. 2018 à 16 h 18
Quoting: goodfella
I think you're quoting the wrong guy. I think AZ could get so much more Hjal. I find this trade silly.

Sorry if I confused things...This Hossa trade is HawksFan28 baby, where the Hawks get picks from the Coyotes.

I did a 2019 mock up of Arizona roster. They are at about 58m without Hossa, and the cap floor is bout 58m. So these delusion that they have trade for Hossa and give picks is so ?????.
Clarkson is a nice LTIR that Vegas would gladly give to Vegas....and give Arizona a little sweetener too.
7 févr. 2018 à 0 h 32
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 55
Chayka was quoted last summer as having no interest in Hossa's contract.

He took on bad contracts in the past in order to get prospects or picks as well. His plan was to tank for a few years, trade for bad contracts in order to get extra picks, and be in the playoffs around now. If he keeps his GM role for next season...his original plan needs to come to fruition, right? I don't see how he can double down on the bad contract plan if it already didn't work.

I don't think some fans realize that Hammer has been a pretty big disappoint for AZ so far. They're obviously not going to trade him for Hossa's contract, and since the Blackhawks are not looking like a Cup contender I see no reason to trade for him at the TDL, but I'd imagine Chayka would listen to offers from contending teams.
Alankrz a aimé ceci.
7 févr. 2018 à 17 h 35
Démarrer sujet
HawksFan28
Quoting: RamonDaze
Chayka was quoted last summer as having no interest in Hossa's contract.

He took on bad contracts in the past in order to get prospects or picks as well. His plan was to tank for a few years, trade for bad contracts in order to get extra picks, and be in the playoffs around now. If he keeps his GM role for next season...his original plan needs to come to fruition, right? I don't see how he can double down on the bad contract plan if it already didn't work.

I don't think some fans realize that Hammer has been a pretty big disappoint for AZ so far. They're obviously not going to trade him for Hossa's contract, and since the Blackhawks are not looking like a Cup contender I see no reason to trade for him at the TDL, but I'd imagine Chayka would listen to offers from contending teams.

I think you just made that up..... Hossa wasn't being shopped last summer, nor was the idea ever tossed around due to Hossa's recapture penalty.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage