SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Columbus Blue Jackets signed Sean Monahan (5 Years / $5,500,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

mer. à 20 h 7
SkateOrDie
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 697
Quoting: Hockey_Soul
lol, okay. How am I fudging numbers when I actually listed the 6 young players that will be vying for NHL ice time this year? The Monahan deal doesn't hurt any of them. It actually helps by taking 1C pressure off of a 20-year-old Fantilli.

You can add all the young forwards you want, but that doesn't mean those guys that are going to be, should be, or need to be on the NHL squad this year. Hell, if you want to do that it's more like 11. LDBB, Lindstrom, Malatesta, Dumais, Brindley, could all be on the roster in the next 2-3 years. This year, however, there is 6, so they're fine, and still need to add another veteran or two to the bottom-6. After this year, Kuraly, Danforth, Olivier will be gone, and not all those prospects are going to make it.

You don't get better by playing 18-20 year olds before they are ready. They have to earn their spot. This is the issue CBJ have had in the past - giving young guys spots who haven't done anything to earn it, i.e. Foudy, Bemstrom, Texier...

If you think there are 8, go ahead and list them.

says the guy who fails to look at the fact this team has played every top 5 pick or so they have had every year. But magically that's suppose to change.......
FarhanLuigi a aimé ceci.
mer. à 20 h 13
SkateOrDie
Quoting: Turbo_Duncan
The needed to add a top-6 center, that’s not the issue. It’s just more money and term than is prudent. $4.5m x 3 years would have been perfect.

They didn't need anything. Let the kids play. This isn't a playoff team, and taking up roster spots for aging vets isn't helping.
jeu. à 23 h 19
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 8
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
says the guy who fails to look at the fact this team has played every top 5 pick or so they have had every year. But magically that's suppose to change.......

They didn't need anything. Let the kids play. This isn't a playoff team, and taking up roster spots for aging vets isn't helping.

You’re a complete idiot. You obviously don’t know jack about development because any experienced NHLer will tell you that you need vets to lead and play the hard minutes. You ruin kids by throwing that on them too soon.

PLD went back to Junior, Kent Johnson spent another year at UM, Jiricek spent a year in the minors. Fantilli is the only exception.

You’re grasping at straws and can’t provide anything to support your opinion. You’re just on here trolling. It’s so obvious that you’re completely clueless. You sound like a 12 year old dweeb.
ven. à 0 h 19
SkateOrDie
You’re a complete idiot. You obviously don’t know jack about development because any experienced NHLer will tell you that you need vets to lead and play the hard minutes. You ruin kids by throwing that on them too soon.

PLD went back to Junior, Kent Johnson spent another year at UM, Jiricek spent a year in the minors. Fantilli is the only exception.

You’re grasping at straws and can’t provide anything to support your opinion. You’re just on here trolling. It’s so obvious that you’re completely clueless. You sound like a 12 year old dweeb.

you're a moron.
Fantilli is not the only exception. Nor are these guys "kids".
"only vets get the hard minutes..." never led to player development anywhere.
Talk about grasping at straws. Hell all we need is a "get off my lawn" out of you and you'll cement your sounding like a 80 year old know it all.
ven. à 9 h 54
Modifié ven. à 10 h 0
you're a moron.
Fantilli is not the only exception. Nor are these guys "kids".
"only vets get the hard minutes..." never led to player development anywhere.
Talk about grasping at straws. Hell all we need is a "get off my lawn" out of you and you'll cement your sounding like a 80 year old know it all.

Ok, so who else? What other top 5 pick did they play in their first year?

Go back to wanking your pud little boy. You’re clearly over your head here.

Thanks for the cool assumption, 80 year olds have a lot of lived experience and actually know ****. You on the other hand sound like little petulant child who is not only incompetent but is also incapable of realizing when you’ve been proven wrong.
ven. à 14 h 51
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 267
don't like this.

Why does CBJ keep doing these things.

You have a young team, stop slowing them down with old players.

Quoting: Earth2Fire
Eh... its CBJ.. so its a good signing.

Quoting: jpsnow13
They don't have THAT many. It would be good for the ones they have if they could compete for a playoff spot in january...

Promise isn’t reality
ven. à 16 h 52
SkateOrDie
Ok, so who else? What other top 5 pick did they play in their first year?

Go back to wanking your pud little boy. You’re clearly over your head here.

Thanks for the cool assumption, 80 year olds have a lot of lived experience and actually know ****. You on the other hand sound like little petulant child who is not only incompetent but is also incapable of realizing when you’ve been proven wrong.

Sillinger for one.
What's that your head just exploded old man?

"Get off my lawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You don't have any lived experience you're a clown who lives on the internet.
ven. à 21 h 4
Sillinger for one.
What's that your head just exploded old man?

"Get off my lawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You don't have any lived experience you're a clown who lives on the internet.

Sillinger was 12th OA. Most agree that it looks like his development is stunted because of that too, which you’d know if you actually watched and followed this team.

Back to your original uninformed statement, can you name any top-5 picks they’ve played in year one?
ven. à 21 h 6
SkateOrDie
Sillinger was 12th OA. Most agree that it looks like his development is stunted because of that too, which you’d know if you actually watched and followed this team.

Back to your original uninformed statement, can you name any top-5 picks they’ve played in year one?

you act like this team picks top 5 every year. I just gave you a recent 1st round pick they played. Period.
You are unable to accept it. Because you're a clown.
il y a 17 heures
you act like this team picks top 5 every year. I just gave you a recent 1st round pick they played. Period.
You are unable to accept it. Because you're a clown.

I answered your statement, douche. You said they play ”every top 5 pick or so”. I literally listed all the recent top-6 picks that have spent a year elsewhere, and you reached to a 12th OA, which is also the ONLY pick that played in his first year.

I’m happy to admit you’re right about Sillinger, unfortunately that wasn’t the statement I responded to. You don’t follow this team and you’re out of touch.
il y a 11 heures
SkateOrDie
I answered your statement, douche. You said they play ”every top 5 pick or so”. I literally listed all the recent top-6 picks that have spent a year elsewhere, and you reached to a 12th OA, which is also the ONLY pick that played in his first year.

I’m happy to admit you’re right about Sillinger, unfortunately that wasn’t the statement I responded to. You don’t follow this team and you’re out of touch.

the unhinged one has opinions........
Yeah he'll be playing

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage