Forums/Armchair-GM

Next Year

Créé par: exo2769
Équipe: 2024-25 Blackhawks de Chicago
Date de création initiale: 27 juin 2024
Publié: 27 juin 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I just wanted to post this team because we've taken on two more players. 1 is clearly a cap dump and then JGP is similar to Mikheyev, but plays a better defensive game. He can be useful on the Hawks for the next two years for sure. BUT we're still just ~$3M over the cap floor AND it's not like McCabe/Bailey/AA/Hall/etc... aren't coming off the books next year. SURE, I'm missing 2 spots AND we hopefully do make a larger splash bringing in a top 6 forward and potentially a 2nd pair RD, but we absolutely have the cap space to do both plus more.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
32 000 000 $
Transactions
CHI
  1. Campbell, Jack
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2025 (EDM)
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2026 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (CHI)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2026 (TOR)
CHI
  1. Pageau, Jean-Gabriel
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (LAK)
NYI
  1. Phillips, Isaak [Droits de RFA]
  2. Raddysh, Taylor [Droits de RFA]
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CHI
Logo de NYI
Logo de CHI
Logo de NYI
Logo de LAK
Logo de CHI
Logo de OTT
Logo de CGY
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de EDM
Logo de CHI
Logo de DAL
Logo de CHI
Logo de NYR
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de EDM
Logo de CHI
Logo de NYI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de OTT
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1888 000 000 $68 940 833 $0 $4 557 500 $19 059 167 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 500 000 $$4M)
C
RFA - 2
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AG, C, AD
RFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 2
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
4 037 500 $4 037 500 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Islanders de New York
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD, C, AG
UFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 6
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
G
UFA - 2
918 333 $918 333 $ (Bonis de performance1 000 000 $$1M)
DG
RFA - 2
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
962 500 $962 500 $
G
RFA - 1
855 833 $855 833 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
DG
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
jeu. à 12 h 7
Rejoint: mai 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 233
My only concern here is that we're getting close to blocking out prospects. For this season we're probably fine taking Pageau, but if we sign Lafferty to a multi-year extension as well then we've got Bedard, Nazar, Dickinson, Reichel, Mikheyev, Foligno, Pageau, and Lafferty all under contract already next season. That's eight forward spots taken, not counting Kurashev and Slaggert (either of whom could still be long-term pieces), Oliver Moore (who is likely ready for the NHL next year), any Dach/Ludwinski/Lardis/Hayes/Greene who aren't too far away, Demidov (if we pick him at #2), or any free agent signings next offseason. We've still got $36 million in space for next summer, but that's four guys who really should be bottom six forwards making $4 million or more next year and could be preventing prospects from developing. Separately, I'm okay with that Campbell trade, but it too comes with risk of blocking Stauber/Comesso/Gajan in Rockford.
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
jeu. à 12 h 42
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,186
I wouldn't give back anything to take Campbell's contract. He might have the worst deal in the league and he's even worse than his contract as a player.

For a team in "win now" mode EDM probably doesn't want to take the cap hit of buying him out, but that would probably make more sense to them than giving up two 1sts to unload him.
exo2769 et PaulKorea a aimé ceci.
jeu. à 13 h 3
Démarrer sujet
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 10,774
Quoting: ginandtacos
I wouldn't give back anything to take Campbell's contract. He might have the worst deal in the league and he's even worse than his contract as a player.

For a team in "win now" mode EDM probably doesn't want to take the cap hit of buying him out, but that would probably make more sense to them than giving up two 1sts to unload him.

The issue is the SJS. They're going to be "in" on a cap dump too. I'm ALL FOR getting more, but I would do the above....it's not my money though.
jeu. à 13 h 8
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3
Quoting: ginandtacos

If we buy him out we can use the 1sts to acquire good players
jeu. à 13 h 15
Démarrer sujet
exo2769
Modifié jeu. à 13 h 21
Quoting: EmailTruck
My only concern here is that we're getting close to blocking out prospects. For this season we're probably fine taking Pageau, but if we sign Lafferty to a multi-year extension as well then we've got Bedard, Nazar, Dickinson, Reichel, Mikheyev, Foligno, Pageau, and Lafferty all under contract already next season. That's eight forward spots taken, not counting Kurashev and Slaggert (either of whom could still be long-term pieces), Oliver Moore (who is likely ready for the NHL next year), any Dach/Ludwinski/Lardis/Hayes/Greene who aren't too far away, Demidov (if we pick him at #2), or any free agent signings next offseason. We've still got $36 million in space for next summer, but that's four guys who really should be bottom six forwards making $4 million or more next year and could be preventing prospects from developing. Separately, I'm okay with that Campbell trade, but it too comes with risk of blocking Stauber/Comesso/Gajan in Rockford.

This is a really good conversation to have. I have a small issue with current management. I say small because I don't see what I'm about to talk about frequently, BUT Lukas Reichel is my example of my issue with management. I'd like more purposeful development of our prospects. Again, Vlasic was done very well. I feel like EDM is going swimmingly. Kurashev too. I'm not a fan of how Management has handled Reichel and I want to avoid this going forward. What do I mean by that? I do like that Reichel spent time in Rockford. I don't want to send many (if any) prospects directly to the NHL...Of course Bedard is the exception. YES, every spot is earned AND if they do earn that spot I'm not standing in the way of that. HOWEVER, it needs to be a high bar. Oliver Moore should not be in the NHL next year imo. Just like Nazar IMO should be in Rockford this year...Barring some amazing training camp where he can prove without a doubt he's a better option than Mikheyev/Kurashev/Hall/AA/Riechel. Nazar CANNOT be on the bottom 6. He's not that type of player and even if he becomes a 3rd pair winger in 10 years...he's not that grinder today. Even if the Hawks believe him to be the 5th best forward on the team...He should go to Rockford and be their #1 RW or #1C or wherever the Invision him. That's my beef with Reichel. They played him mostly at center in Rockford and then when they brought him up they put him at wing...mostly. It's a hard enough transition from the AHL to NHL. Changing their position on top of the better opponents isn't setting up our prospects for success. YES, I agree with KD that it's good to have "swing" positions for forwards, BUT let's take that 1 step at a time. Wherever we see Nazar as an NHLer...play him there in Rockford. Get him to the NHL and then work on swing positions. Besides, Nazar is a very inconsistent player right now AND I want him to be amazing! But he needs more consistency before I put him on the NHL roster.

To the Dach/Lud...etc... We don't know if those guys are going to pan out or not. Certainly 1 extra year on JGP/Laff shouldn't hurt their development. Lardis/Hayes/Lud should probably play mutiple years in Rockford. They're going to have a lot of turnover this summer anyway.

The Campbell trade also helps with injuries. Mrazek was fine last year, BUT unfortunately that rarely happens for Mrazek. If Campbell sits for most the year...it's for the picks anyway.
Hawksguy81 a aimé ceci.
jeu. à 13 h 16
Démarrer sujet
exo2769
Modifié jeu. à 13 h 26
Quoting: IamYordle
If we buy him out we can use the 1sts to acquire good players

That's 6 years of dead cap and last I saw...EDM wants to win now. Those LATE 1sts aren't making a difference in the McDavid era. You want ALL the cap space you can get and 6 years of dead cap isn't fun. Go round by round via the link below and you'll see that it's truly ~6 years before a late 1st will make an impact to a team. So McDavid will be 33 before these picks have the POTENTIAL to be good players.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/draft/NHL_2023_entry.html
jeu. à 13 h 24
Rejoint: mai 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 233
Quoting: exo2769
This is a really good conversation to have. I have a small issue with current management. I say small because I don't see what I'm about to talk about frequently, BUT Lukas Reichel is my example of my issue with management. I'd like more purposeful development of our prospects. Again, Vlasic was done very well. I feel like EDM is going swimmingly. Kurashev too. I'm not a fan of how Management has handled Reichel and I want to avoid this going forward. What do I mean by that? I do like that Reichel spent time in Rockford. I don't want to send many (if any) prospects directly to the NHL...Of course Bedard is the exception. YES, every spot is earned AND if they do earn that spot I'm not standing in the way of that. HOWEVER, it needs to be a high bar. Oliver Moore should not be in the NHL next year imo. Just like Nazar IMO should be in Rockford this year...Barring some amazing training camp where he can prove without a doubt he's a better option than Mikheyev/Kurashev/Hall/AA/Riechel. Nazar CANNOT be on the bottom 6. He's not that type of player and even if he becomes a 3rd pair winger in 10 years...he's not that grinder today. Even if the Hawks believe him to be the 5th best forward on the team...He should go to Rockford and be their #1 RW or #1C or wherever the Invision him. That's my beef with Reichel. They played him mostly at center in Rockford and then when they brought him up they put him at wing...mostly. It's a hard enough transition from the AHL to NHL. Changing their position on top of the better opponents isn't setting up our prospects for success. YES, I agree with KD that it's good to have "swing" positions for forwards, BUT let's take that 1 step at a time. Wherever we see Nazar as an NHLer...play him there in Rockford. Get him to the NHL and then work on swing positions.

To the Dach/Lud...etc... We don't know if those guys are going to pan out or not. Certainly 1 extra year on JGP/Laff shouldn't hurt their development. Lardis/Hayes/Lud should probably play mutiple years in Rockford. They're going to have a lot of turnover this summer anyway.

The Campbell trade also helps with injuries. Mrazek was fine last year, BUT unfortunately that rarely happens for Mrazek. If Campbell sits for most the year...it's for the picks anyway.

I have nothing wrong with Nazar, Slaggert, Moore, or any other prospect spending time in Rockford, if that’s what’s best for their development. I have a problem with them spending time in Rockford when it isn’t best for their development. Nazar was taken at #13, is a very good prospect, spent two years at Michigan after being drafted, and looked very good in three games with the Hawks last year. Maybe time in Rockford will help his development, but maybe he would be dominant in the AHL and the NHL is a better development location. If we sign expensive FAs, it’s harder to send them to Rockford, and we just have less flexibility. I’d rather risk needing to play Raddysh and Anderson every game because Nazar and Slaggert could actually benefit from time in the AHL than risk Nazar and Slaggert being ready for the NHL but not being able to play everyday because we can’t or won’t send Donato, Foligno, Mikheyev, or another forward to Rockford.
exo2769 et Hawksguy81 a aimé ceci.
jeu. à 13 h 32
Démarrer sujet
exo2769
I have nothing wrong with Nazar, Slaggert, Moore, or any other prospect spending time in Rockford, if that’s what’s best for their development. I have a problem with them spending time in Rockford when it isn’t best for their development. Nazar was taken at #13, is a very good prospect, spent two years at Michigan after being drafted, and looked very good in three games with the Hawks last year. Maybe time in Rockford will help his development, but maybe he would be dominant in the AHL and the NHL is a better development location. If we sign expensive FAs, it’s harder to send them to Rockford, and we just have less flexibility. I’d rather risk needing to play Raddysh and Anderson every game because Nazar and Slaggert could actually benefit from time in the AHL than risk Nazar and Slaggert being ready for the NHL but not being able to play everyday because we can’t or won’t send Donato, Foligno, Mikheyev, or another forward to Rockford.

Nazar was hurt for ~80% of freshman season. Specifically, about Nazar and not the other guys...that's another factor in why I want him to go to Rockford. I agree with you IF they're ready for the NHL...then go be there. Go win that position. I'm not worried about Donato/Mikheyev/etc... blocking pathways. I do like Management overall....truly I do. If Nazar wins that spot...they'll give it to him. they'll sit or trade Donato if he isn't in the top 12 forwards. They know that guys like him and AA/etc... aren't part of the long term plans.

Also, I wouldn't be upset if Nazar started in Rockford and hopefully crushes it...then come the TDL we trade a pending UFA like AA/Donato/Hall and then bring him up. I just want to take a pro-active and purposeful approach to development which they normally do, but with Reichel I don't think they've done this.
EmailTruck et Hawksguy81 a aimé ceci.
jeu. à 13 h 47
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 12,591

If the Hawks have forward prospects who are actually NHL ready for the 25/26 season, guys like Dickinson, Foligno, Mikheyev, Pageau and Lafferty should all be easily moveable at 50% retained w/ one year left on each of their deals. Hawks should have their full complement of 3 retention slots again.
PaulKorea a aimé ceci.
jeu. à 13 h 54
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 12,591
I really hope KD can get a deal done w/ Lafferty. I'd be happy to have him back. I'm fine w/ the JGP trade. He's another solid pick up who fills a need. I get where your coming from on the Campbell trade. Just think giving back a 2nd and a 3rd is too much. Maybe just one 2nd or maybe two 3rd's. That is a horrible contract.
PaulKorea et exo2769 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage