Trade

mar. à 10 h 1
Démarrer sujet
2nd fav team? LOL
Rejoint: juin 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 16
Quoting: sensarmy_11
Tkachuk, stutzle, sanderson, pinto, batherson, Greig, chabot......i'm good

Right so that 5th overall pick has to be enticing enough to take back Anderson, no? Hypothetically of course cause this deal isn’t meant for Ottawa but you get my point. You get a potential superstar for the next 15-20 years, who cares about that contract for the next 2
mar. à 10 h 4
Démarrer sujet
2nd fav team? LOL
Quoting: Windjammer
$5.5 mil/yr of dead cap is a lot for a good team. Teams like Montreal that are years away from challenging for a playoff spot can afford to throw away that kind of money. Good teams can't.

Playoffs slayoffs.. Who cares if you’re a first round exit. Think about what that player at 5th overall can do to help you build a real contender.
mar. à 10 h 6
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 7,706
Quoting: StutzleCryBaby
Playoffs slayoffs.. Who cares if you’re a first round exit. Think about what that player at 5th overall can do to help you build a real contender.

... and that's why fans are fans are not GM's. A lot of rationalization there to support an awful proposal.
mar. à 10 h 7
Rejoint: mars 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 42
Right so that 5th overall pick has to be enticing enough to take back Anderson, no? Hypothetically of course cause this deal isn’t meant for Ottawa but you get my point. You get a potential superstar for the next 15-20 years, who cares about that contract for the next 2

except their not JUST taking on Anderson, they're also giving up their best prospect (who was like a 12th overall pick or something) and one of their best forwards (who makes almost the same as Anderson)

it's a massive loss for Wpg
Windjammer a aimé ceci.
mar. à 10 h 8

i reiterate, what did the player the habs drafted at 3rd overall in 2018 do to help them build a real cup contender?
mar. à 10 h 10
Démarrer sujet
2nd fav team? LOL
except their not JUST taking on Anderson, they're also giving up their best prospect (who was like a 12th overall pick or something) and one of their best forwards (who makes almost the same as Anderson)

it's a massive loss for Wpg

Ehlers? Meh. he’s a decent 2nd line forward but he’s useless in the playoffs. I’m expecting them to get a late 1st and a decent prospect when they trade him. McGroarty is a very good prospect, was 14th overall and has progressed really well. I see a future top sixer but not a game changer. 5th overall is worth way more. Taking back Anderson shouldn’t stop the deal. I agree that it probably would because GM’s think short term. If I were GM? It’s a no brainer, who cares about that contract, doesn’t hurt you at all, you ain’t winning anyway.
mar. à 10 h 11
Démarrer sujet
2nd fav team? LOL
i reiterate, what did the player the habs drafted at 3rd overall in 2018 do to help them build a real cup contender?

What did Brady and Stutzle do? Nothing either, but they have the potential to. Gotta believe in your teams ability to draft.
mar. à 10 h 17
What did Brady and Stutzle do? Nothing either, but they have the potential to. Gotta believe in your teams ability to draft.

Brady and Stutzle have both been GREAT players, more than lived up to their draft position.......KK is one of the biggest draft busts in the last 20 years.

like i said, there is no guarantee that a draft pick will turn into anything. you're assuming that pick 5 is going to be a guaranteed can't miss superstar........there is no guarantee.....especially in a draft where everything after pick 1 is a total gong show. picks 2-12 are almost completely interchangeable at this point.
Windjammer a aimé ceci.
mar. à 10 h 23
Démarrer sujet
2nd fav team? LOL
Brady and Stutzle have both been GREAT players, more than lived up to their draft position.......KK is one of the biggest draft busts in the last 20 years.

like i said, there is no guarantee that a draft pick will turn into anything. you're assuming that pick 5 is going to be a guaranteed can't miss superstar........there is no guarantee.....especially in a draft where everything after pick 1 is a total gong show. picks 2-12 are almost completely interchangeable at this point.

Yeah but you specifically asked what the player Habs drafted at 3rd overall did to help build a cup contender.. exactly the same thing Tkachuk and Stutzle did. Nothing.

Of course there is no guarentee with the pick but there’s no guarantee McGroarty becomes a good nhler or an nhler at all and there’s no guarantee Ehlers will ever become a valuable playoff player… nothing is guaranteed in this world but I’m taking the 5th overall over a guy in Ehelers that I know isn’t a game changer and McGroarty who doesn’t have that potential. All I have to do is take back a bad contract that doesn’t hurt my chances at a cup which were 0 to begin with. Sign me up.
mar. à 10 h 35
Yeah but you specifically asked what the player Habs drafted at 3rd overall did to help build a cup contender.. exactly the same thing Tkachuk and Stutzle did. Nothing.

Of course there is no guarentee with the pick but there’s no guarantee McGroarty becomes a good nhler or an nhler at all and there’s no guarantee Ehlers will ever become a valuable playoff player… nothing is guaranteed in this world but I’m taking the 5th overall over a guy in Ehelers that I know isn’t a game changer and McGroarty who doesn’t have that potential. All I have to do is take back a bad contract that doesn’t hurt my chances at a cup which were 0 to begin with. Sign me up.

dude, you can think whatever you want......fact is that with Anderson involved in this deal, Wpg laughs and hangs up the phone. take him out and add a prospect like Harris or something, then maybe you have something
mar. à 10 h 38
Démarrer sujet
2nd fav team? LOL
dude, you can think whatever you want......fact is that with Anderson involved in this deal, Wpg laughs and hangs up the phone. take him out and add a prospect like Harris or something, then maybe you have something

Sure but I’m asking what you would do?
mar. à 10 h 53
Sure but I’m asking what you would do?

i literally just said.....take out anderson and then add a prospect
mar. à 10 h 57
Démarrer sujet
2nd fav team? LOL
i literally just said.....take out anderson and then add a prospect

No you said that’s what Winnipeg would require the Habs to do in order to accept the deal.

So to conclude, your take is that if you were GM, you personally wouldn’t do it because of Anderson being in the deal, even though he does not impact the team you manage in any negative way as it pertains to winning a cup over the next two years? Okay then. Not smart, but I respect you staying consistent.
mar. à 12 h 34
Everybody Loves WPG
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 330
Jets accept
mar. à 12 h 56
No you said that’s what Winnipeg would require the Habs to do in order to accept the deal.

So to conclude, your take is that if you were GM, you personally wouldn’t do it because of Anderson being in the deal, even though he does not impact the team you manage in any negative way as it pertains to winning a cup over the next two years? Okay then. Not smart, but I respect you staying consistent.

he absolutely does do something.....he hurts their chances by eating up 5.5 mil of cap space while being a 4th liner at best......one who's a compelete liability in every zone
Windjammer a aimé ceci.
mar. à 14 h 49
Professional bozo
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5
I like the idea I just don't think it fits Montreal's timeline well. Even if Demidov and Lindstrom are both gone they have a lot of options to move around.
mar. à 14 h 49
Professional bozo
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5
I like the idea I just don't think it fits Montreal's timeline well. Even if Demidov and Lindstrom are both gone they have a lot of options to move around.
mar. à 15 h 42
Démarrer sujet
2nd fav team? LOL
he absolutely does do something.....he hurts their chances by eating up 5.5 mil of cap space while being a 4th liner at best......one who's a compelete liability in every zone

The chances are already 0. There is no way to be below 0.
mar. à 15 h 42
Démarrer sujet
2nd fav team? LOL
Quoting: TeddyLovesTheJets
Jets accept

If they were smart
TeddyLovesTheJets a aimé ceci.
mar. à 18 h 10
Démarrer sujet
2nd fav team? LOL
Quoting: Zogos

To me, if you plan on drafting a defenseman just do this. If Demidov or Lindstrom is available, pick them.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage