Forums/Mock-Draft

The Storm is Settling

The Storm is Settling

Cuvée de repêchage: 2024
Créé par: Element23VM
Publié: 22 juin à 10 h 2
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Sharks de San Jose-Doesn't merit comment
2Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-The heat really picked up on this possibility at the combine because he interviewed apparently really well. Chicago obviously wants a guy to play with Korchinski, and 2-3 RHDs are a tough commodity to get in the NHL. I just feel as though they're making a big mistake... like drafting Adam Larsson over a Kucherov type of player
3Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Habs pick: Demidov will be the pick, and the team I predict that will trade up for the pick is... a bidding war between Montreal and Utah. I think whoever wins that bid will move up to three... and as I said... I'd say 1/4 likely to happen (because teams are so hellbent on saying "we got our guy" when the draft doesn't really go their way and I know Anaheim is really going to want Levshunov) My guess... is that because Utah will be rather comfortable with their pick at 6, that Montreal will eventually put a package forward to acquire the pick so that they can secure Demidov. Obviously it would be a pick swap, but I don't know what pieces would be moved if Anaheim does succeed at creating a bidding war.
4Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-I've not yet seen any indicator that it'll be someone else. Silayev is being entertained... but I think with a top 5 pick, it's hard to justify taking someone with so little offensive upside With what teams perceive they're getting in Silayev... the Habs are basically almost getting in Arber Xhekaj... though the Habs are getting a lot more crunch and a little less mobility. Therefore, I think Lindstrom is the pick here because, although he shows a potentially really low floor with back issues, a disk replacement surgery could have this guy operating at 100% in a year and he might have a long career as a top 6 power forward... which are pretty hard to get these days.
5Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Ana's pick: Let's suppose Anaheim trades down... people speculate that they take a left shot guy, but the problem is they have Mintyukov and Zellweger at the left side already who look like two young stud OFDs. Yakemchuk would be the 2nd choice among RHDs for these guys because he's not necessarily an OFD, but could instead, when he bulks up and hopefully adds a ton of hockey IQ, has a #1 ceiling as a bully right shot guy. My problem with him is that his hockey IQ really isn't that good. I kind of see him as a lanky bully who can shoot right now... and so he needs to add like 35 lbs to play the game he played in the CHL, and although he took that many PIMs, he's not exactly 215 lbs right now. Some say they could opt for Silayev... my issue, outside the limited offensive ceiling... is that he's left shot... which will cause an Ottawa like situation where left shooting D are cluttering the corps
6Logo de Utah Hockey Club-Utah needs a right shot D prospect and could use an OFD, which is why Parekh doesn't go earlier, as per the teams above have high end offensive defensemen talent while Utah does not. With Simashev being what looks like a left shot leashpost... why not take a right shot guy who's not only one of the most offensively dynamic D the draft has ever seen, is a memorial cup champion as well?
7Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-Ottawa needs right shooting D in the worst kind of way... the problem is, they'll both be snagged. We already know they took a long hard look at Dickinson according to draft rumors. He's... left shot... which is what Chabot and Sanderson are (as well as Chychrun, whom I think they're about to move)... so it just compounds the issue. I don't know that I would go this direction, but luckily, I don't think Dickinson will be NHL ready for another two years, so they probably shouldn't worry about it and try to solve their woes in the future.
8Logo de Kraken de Seattle-I feel like Seattle needs more offensive talent on this team, but I know Francis likes big players and if Yakemchuk is gone, he would just opt for this guy for commodity value. It's a pretty safe pick with 8. Their D is unbalanced as well, but at this point, it's irrelevant.
9Logo de Flames de Calgary-I know that a lot of people think this might be nepotism of some sort because daddy Iginla works for the organization, but the truth is... Iginla is a pick that merits the attention simply because he has that x factor, that will to win, that plays better in big games mentality. If they take this guy, they ace this pick, but I'm not done yet with the Flames.
10Logo de Devils du New Jersey-I'm not sure whether or not the Devils keep this pick... if they do, I could totally see them going with this extremely accomplished defenseman who's so overlooked this year. I have him ranked 3, but there aren't that many rumours outside of the Habs taking him at 5. If they do trade this pick, it would probably be for a really good left shot defenseman that people didn't know would be available. I contemplated different options, but maybe they just keep the pick, because they've not had too many picks in the last two years and shouldn't utterly exhaust their assets.
11Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Now I get more and more speculative, but if I'm running Buffalo... I look at my prospects and think "we need more punch in the cupboards"... and this player is not afraid to play the hard areas of the ice, which is something they've been lacking. However, teams at this point may take Catton or Eiserman for the ceiling... so if they take Catton or Eiserman, I'm not at all surprised.
12Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Calgary's pick.... let me explain Ottawa would first trade Chychrun to Philadelphia for this pick, but they would then flip this pick to Calgary for that RHD they've been looking for, Rasmus Andersson. Yes, it's wild and all that, but I could totally see it, and if Calgary got Catton and Iginla in the same draft, it would be a major victory for them. Do I think they'll trade Andersson? I don't know... because they'll end up with a really large gap on defense... but there's always free agency to fill that for the time being. They'll definitely need to insulate Wolf, but I guess those are next year problems.
13Logo de Wild du Minnesota-They could go Eiserman here... but they want taller players who can move... I was looking for Minnesota born guys in this draft that could be reaches... but maybe they just go with Greentree or Sennecke or Helenius.
14Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Penguins de PittsburghEiserman will definitely not fall below the Shark's pick. I think SJ getting both Celebrini and Eiserman, who are well acquainted, would be a cinderella at the ball scenario for the fans. I would be surprised if they traded up with Buffalo to make this happen if Buffalo has their eyes set on the punchy Norwegian winger.
15Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-This would be a pretty easy decision for Yzerman, who isn't shy about going after European players.
16Logo de Blues de St-Louis-EJ Emery reminds a lot of people of K'Andre Miller, and he should... he might even be a better player. He gets on the puck fast and hard and plays tight. This is a game I know St Louis likes to play. Plus, they could use more right shot depth.
17Logo de Capitals de Washington-Will they take this guy? They should... Washington is a big burly team and an offensive D like this would thrive on the power play if they have that kind of netfront presence. Will they take this guy? I don't know, but I think they should.
18Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Islanders de New YorkIf Chicago is building a team around Bedard, it's probably best to get started on getting the defensemen early and then starting to surround him with forward talent... Although I think they should really take Demidov and they're missing an opportunity... if they go with a Solberg type of player here, they could be a much tougher team to play against in 2-3 years time and be ready to compete.
19Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Let's be honest... I just took this guy because he's BPA. Given that Vegas really wants to compete the next few years, I think half of these guys are imminent to be moved, so the question is: who has the most value?
20Logo de Islanders de New YorkLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayDon't know that the Islanders would resist an athletic pick like this guy, especially if he's coachable.
21Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-I think this guy could go anywhere between 11 or 12 to 28 like Sennecke, who could go even higher. Both of these players are seen as similar ceiling to the others but higher floor thanks to their height.
22Logo de Predators de Nashville-Trotz said last year that he wants his scouts to take high ceiling. Connelly and Stiga both fit into this category, as well as Adam Jiricek.
23Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-He's a bit overlooked this year, might fall to early 2nd round, but I could see Toronto going this direction.
24Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-Uniting brothers! Yeah I'm just guessing at this one.
25Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Bruins de BostonHave no idea where this guy will go... highly touted like Kiviharju, and both were undone by major injuries. Who knows where their games are at, but he's right shot and got top 4 potential.
26Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Jets de WinnipegI'm not even sure Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary, Philly will have their picks this year... and obviously teams could trade up and down at this point... so it's all guesswork here that I won't rack my brain too hard over. Ullmark still hasn't been dealt, and I could see Ottawa moving Boston's pick back to Boston for him, but we'll see. As for this pick... Kent Hughes may send it to Anaheim as part of the trade up... who knows?
27Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-New culture in Carolina may be analytics heavy... don't know... but I bet this kid would be an analytics sweetheart
28Logo de Flames de CalgaryLogo de Canucks de VancouverWith two forwards taken, they would go defense
29Logo de Stars de Dallas-Underrated player... sure the Stars bite... again
30Logo de Rangers de New York-...
31Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLogo de Panthers de la FloridePhillyyyyy
32Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Oilers d'EdmontonMore right shots, more right shots, more right shots... k nuff right shots
22 juin à 11 h 19
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,027
is there a chance Eiserman actually falls that far? I mean the kids 17, the fact gms would write him off this early is wild, given his legit 50 goal potential
22 juin à 12 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 499
Quoting: Letsgosharks
is there a chance Eiserman actually falls that far? I mean the kids 17, the fact gms would write him off this early is wild, given his legit 50 goal potential

I really wonder... you think he'd be taken earlier, but there's a rationality for every team picking a guy ahead of him...

I have him ranked 6... he should probably be drafted by Utah, Ottawa, or Seattle... but it's one of those years
Letsgosharks a aimé ceci.
22 juin à 22 h 57
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,718
Would love Buium on NJD. Definitely BPA there.

Fitzy spoke the other day about who he wants out of draft…”someone hard to play against”…MBN or Chernyshov would be fits.
23 juin à 1 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 233
Quote:
If Chicago is building a team around Bedard, it's probably best to get started on getting the defensemen early and then starting to surround him with forward talent... Although I think they should really take Demidov and they're missing an opportunity... if they go with a Solberg type of player here, they could be a much tougher team to play against in 2-3 years time and be ready to compete.

The Hawks already got started with defenseman early. Alex Vlasic was already one of the best shutdown defenders in the NHL last season at age 22 and is signed for six years. Kevin Korchinski was the youngest defender in the NHL last season and was taken at #7 in 2022. They both project as top-pairing LD. It's possible that they take Stolberg at #18 if they think he's the BPA, but your reasoning only makes sense for RD, because the Hawks already an elite young LD and an elite level LD prospect.
23 juin à 5 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: EmailTruck
The Hawks already got started with defenseman early. Alex Vlasic was already one of the best shutdown defenders in the NHL last season at age 22 and is signed for six years. Kevin Korchinski was the youngest defender in the NHL last season and was taken at #7 in 2022. They both project as top-pairing LD. It's possible that they take Stolberg at #18 if they think he's the BPA, but your reasoning only makes sense for RD, because the Hawks already an elite young LD and an elite level LD prospect.

My reasoning is that they should be drafting Demidov at 2 and they don't seem to agree with that.

Not sure I see Vlasic that highly... Solberg plays with a real mean streak, but yes, if they have Korchinski lined up for 1L, Vlasic for 2L, then I would be hesitant taking Solberg at 3L unless I just felt he was the most valuable player left. Let's be honest, though, I'm going to be utterly wrong anyway... but if I could take back that pick, I'd probably take Greentree or Parascak...

And Vegas probably takes Solberg
23 juin à 5 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Would love Buium on NJD. Definitely BPA there.

Fitzy spoke the other day about who he wants out of draft…”someone hard to play against”…MBN or Chernyshov would be fits.

Chernyshov is way too much of a reach... the guy that's known to be hard to play against is Solberg, which would merit a trade down. If the Sharks really want Eiserman, the Devils could end up grabbing one of their spare picks and just take Solberg at 14. The Devils could use one or two more picks anyway.

But really if Buium is at 10, I take him just cuz he's an elite ceiling guy... it's basically like getting a top 5 pick.
23 juin à 11 h 2
Rejoint: mai 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 233
Quoting: Element23VM
My reasoning is that they should be drafting Demidov at 2 and they don't seem to agree with that.

Not sure I see Vlasic that highly... Solberg plays with a real mean streak, but yes, if they have Korchinski lined up for 1L, Vlasic for 2L, then I would be hesitant taking Solberg at 3L unless I just felt he was the most valuable player left. Let's be honest, though, I'm going to be utterly wrong anyway... but if I could take back that pick, I'd probably take Greentree or Parascak...

And Vegas probably takes Solberg

JFreshHockey's stat card has Vlasic in the 51st percentile offensively, 94th defensively, and 88th overall. He just signed a 6 year, $4.6 million extension and that'll be fair value if he doesn't improve at all, but this was his first full season in the NHL and he's only 22. Vlasic led the team in 5v5 minutes last season without playing sheltered minutes. With Vlasic on the ice at 5v5, the Hawks were outscored 51-50. Without him on the ice at 5v5 (and including all empty net goals), the Hawks were outscored 186-89. It's hard to overstate how good Vlasic was last season. If he played one fewer game before this year, he'd be eligible for the Calder and would likely be a finalist.
23 juin à 14 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: EmailTruck
JFreshHockey's stat card has Vlasic in the 51st percentile offensively, 94th defensively, and 88th overall. He just signed a 6 year, $4.6 million extension and that'll be fair value if he doesn't improve at all, but this was his first full season in the NHL and he's only 22. Vlasic led the team in 5v5 minutes last season without playing sheltered minutes. With Vlasic on the ice at 5v5, the Hawks were outscored 51-50. Without him on the ice at 5v5 (and including all empty net goals), the Hawks were outscored 186-89. It's hard to overstate how good Vlasic was last season. If he played one fewer game before this year, he'd be eligible for the Calder and would likely be a finalist.

Happy you're pumped for your boy
EmailTruck a aimé ceci.
27 juin à 15 h 30
Démarrer sujet
And boom: called the trade up from 14 to 11 (read the note next to 14)

I did not, however, correctly call Philly trading for Chychrun, I don't think... I don't know what kind of deal Ottawa and Philly would have in place if they have one in place

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage