Équipe: 2024-25 Sabres de Buffalo
Date de création initiale: 12 juin 2024
Publié: 12 juin 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Transactions
BUF
  1. McCann, Jared
Détails additionnels:
I think seattle thinks long and hard about this offer- they could add 3 future franchise cornerstones in one offseason with Kulich, the 8th, and 11th pick. Imagine adding something like Dickinsen and Catton to an already great prospect pool
SEA
  1. Jokiharju, Henri [Droits de RFA]
  2. Kulich, Jiri
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (BUF)
Détails additionnels:
11 OA - this is a tough bullet to bite but I think I'd do this if I'm the sabres. Get a top line cost controlled guy who brings what you need to the lineup and sets up next offseason for success from a cap standpoint
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de PHI
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de FLA
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de MIN
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de NSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1388 000 000 $69 481 070 $0 $1 500 000 $18 518 930 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 3
7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 6
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
7 100 000 $7 100 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 6
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance650 000 $$650K)
AG
RFA - 2
Logo de Kraken de Seattle
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
855 833 $855 833 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 8
3 333 333 $3 333 333 $
DD
UFA - 2
8 350 000 $8 350 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 7
3 850 000 $3 850 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
4 285 714 $4 285 714 $
DG
UFA - 6

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
12 juin à 11 h 29
L
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5
It’s a close one, but I believe Seattle say no. McCann’s 40 goal season keeps him in Seattle.
sabretooth12 et KrakenTheCode a aimé ceci.
12 juin à 11 h 31
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 711
I think you are right that SEA thinks hard about this offer and I could see a world where they take it, however, it would all depend on who is available at 11OA. McCann has been a cornerstone for SEA thus far, and moving him doesn't start a rebuild for SEA, but it likely extends the time in which they have to wait for them to be truly competitive for 2-3 years from now to more like 4-5 years, which is well into the prime of some players that SEA has on roster now like Dunn, Berniers, and Tolvanen.

That said, I could see a world where SEA is able to get someone like Dickinson or Buium and then able to grab another defenseman like Yakemchuk or Silayev to really round out their defensive pipeline. SEA's forward depth is already really strong thanks to some breakout seasons from current prospects and the addition of Kulich.
KrakBirds23 et KrakenTheCode a aimé ceci.
12 juin à 11 h 41
Rejoint: mars 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 341
What AEcho said but i'm closer to there is no way Seattle considers it. They need offense now, and the stuff in the pipeline is at a minimum 2-3 years out. So trading their top goal scorer isn't getting them that in this offer. Unless Benson or Cozens is coming back it's not happening. And I don't think Buffalo wants to trade either of them.
AEcho et KrakenTheCode a aimé ceci.
12 juin à 11 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 87
Quoting: AEcho
I think you are right that SEA thinks hard about this offer and I could see a world where they take it, however, it would all depend on who is available at 11OA. McCann has been a cornerstone for SEA thus far, and moving him doesn't start a rebuild for SEA, but it likely extends the time in which they have to wait for them to be truly competitive for 2-3 years from now to more like 4-5 years, which is well into the prime of some players that SEA has on roster now like Dunn, Berniers, and Tolvanen.

That said, I could see a world where SEA is able to get someone like Dickinson or Buium and then able to grab another defenseman like Yakemchuk or Silayev to really round out their defensive pipeline. SEA's forward depth is already really strong thanks to some breakout seasons from current prospects and the addition of Kulich.

This would be such a fun blockbuster draft trade if it was announced when the Sabres got on the clock, the NHL needs more of stuff like this. I haven't watched a ton of seattle games, but to me, it seems like they won't be a true contender in the west in next 2-3 years regardless of McCann, they just don't have the top end developed talent to get there and it's an aging/middling roster. This trade gives them a chance to reload and truly set up the next generation of Kraken players for long term success with a core that is some mix of Beniers, Wright, Tolvanen, Kulich, Rehkopf, Sale, Firkus, Goyette, Nyman, Morrison, Molgaard at F and Dunn, 8th overall, 11 overall, Evans, Ottavainen, even Joki/Borgen etc at D. That future to me is more exciting than the current one with McCann on the roster
KrakenTheCode a aimé ceci.
12 juin à 11 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: KrakBirds23
What AEcho said but i'm closer to there is no way Seattle considers it. They need offense now, and the stuff in the pipeline is at a minimum 2-3 years out. So trading their top goal scorer isn't getting them that in this offer. Unless Benson or Cozens is coming back it's not happening. And I don't think Buffalo wants to trade either of them.

See my quote response to AEcho, the Kraken to me aren't contending with McCann on the roster unless some crazy crazy stuff happens this offseason, so why take the Minnesota Wild route and just be happy with a ceiling of getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs when you can cash in for a guarenteed super high ceiling roster in the future
KrakBirds23 a aimé ceci.
12 juin à 12 h 14
Quoting: sabretooth12
See my quote response to AEcho, the Kraken to me aren't contending with McCann on the roster unless some crazy crazy stuff happens this offseason, so why take the Minnesota Wild route and just be happy with a ceiling of getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs when you can cash in for a guarenteed super high ceiling roster in the future

I think it comes down to two reasons 1) RF is a really conservative GM that doesn't make the blockbuster trades. 2) I think they turn around and trade at least two of Firkus, Goyette, Rehkopf, Sale, Nelson, Dragicevic, and Robertson to patch in some of the current offensive holes. But I think that's also a pivot from this last season - Otherwise why re-sign Eberle? The team kind of got hit with a win now message from the fans after the drop off and hiring Disco Dan makes me feel like we are being set up for failure. But hey, in the pre-season there are 32 teams that could be Stanley Cup champions.

My guess is the short term core gets built around Beniers, Wright, McCann, Eberle, Larsson, Borgen, and maybe Daccord. All the other expansion players either get traded or eventually removed and you start filling the holes but you need some leadership on the ice. I could see the team being a lot more willing to move something like Burakovsky, Firkus, and Dragicevic for a top end player over a high pick.
AEcho, sabretooth12 et KrakenTheCode a aimé ceci.
12 juin à 12 h 15

What @KrakBirds23 is the other side of this coin as McCann isn't old enough to not be impactful when a lot of SEA's prospects come up in earnest in 2-3 years. He will barely be 30-31 when that happens. I tend to think very optimistically when it comes to the draft, but it is a bit of a risk for SEA to take considering what McCann has done for them. If the deal did happen I wouldn't be upset, but I wouldn't be upset either if SEA just stays the course.
12 juin à 12 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: AEcho
What KrakBirds23 is the other side of this coin as McCann isn't old enough to not be impactful when a lot of SEA's prospects come up in earnest in 2-3 years. He will barely be 30-31 when that happens. I tend to think very optimistically when it comes to the draft, but it is a bit of a risk for SEA to take considering what McCann has done for them. If the deal did happen I wouldn't be upset, but I wouldn't be upset either if SEA just stays the course.

The other idea I've had that I wouldn't mind both of you chiming in on is bringing Skinner back in a McCann trade for an even larger package to replace some of his immediate production on retained salary. Would essentially be weaponzing the cap space you have available with maintained current production and a larger haul of futures - interesting idea I think
12 juin à 13 h 5
The other idea I've had that I wouldn't mind both of you chiming in on is bringing Skinner back in a McCann trade for an even larger package to replace some of his immediate production on retained salary. Would essentially be weaponzing the cap space you have available with maintained current production and a larger haul of futures - interesting idea I think

Personally I'm a fan of Skinner but more that he always seems to be a Kraken killer when we play Buffalo. He was a Francis guy so there could be a tie there.
sabretooth12 et AEcho a aimé ceci.
12 juin à 14 h 21
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 581
A bit late to the party, but I'll second much of what @AEcho and @KrakBirds23 said. The offer you made is a really good one and if I was Ron Francis and co. I'd seriously consider it. It would largely come down to the path Seattle wants to take building their roster for the future. For better or worse all indications are that the Kraken want to maintain a solid NHL roster while simultaneously developing a young core to take over and elevate the team from that foundation. In that framework McCann is too important to lose, as he's their leading scorer and probably best all around forward currently, and the team needs to add scoring, not subtract it. For that reason I don't see this trade going through, but if Seattle pursues more of a rebuilding path, this deal would be a tempting one to take.

On your idea of Skinner to Seattle; I think that idea might have legs, but considering he's a clear notch below McCann in my view, is several years older, and has nearly twice the cap hit, I don't see him as being a valuable part of a hypothetical return package for McCann. I think a more feasible idea would be a sort of bad contract swap, where Seattle takes Skinner and sends back a lesser player earning less money.
sabretooth12 et AEcho a aimé ceci.
12 juin à 15 h 30

Quoting: KrakenTheCode
On your idea of Skinner to Seattle; I think that idea might have legs, but considering he's a clear notch below McCann in my view, is several years older, and has nearly twice the cap hit, I don't see him as being a valuable part of a hypothetical return package for McCann. I think a more feasible idea would be a sort of bad contract swap, where Seattle takes Skinner and sends back a lesser player earning less money.

I like Skinner in theory, but I have to agree with @KrakenTheCode 's assessment of Skinner, in that he isn't going to be a replacement to McCann, but I could see a bad contract for bad contract kind of swap. I think the most realistic situation in which SEA would move McCann is if they have to be able to have a McCann replacement come back into the system (e.g. Necas)

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage