SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

MJ's first rd

MJ's first rd

Cuvée de repêchage: 2024
Créé par: Element23VM
Publié: 31 mai à 19 h 46
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Sharks de San Jose-With Smith and Celebrini, they now have two major pieces to build around in similar talent to Hughes and Hischier combo
2Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-Demidov will be a vital player for the Blackhawks, Connor Bedard's Robin to his Batman... giving us a similar dynamic to Stamkos + Kucherov
3Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Traded to Ottawa Ottawa gives 7, 25, Chychrun for 3 and Dostal Ottawa trades up to draft out of need for a solid near NHL ready right shot D to go with their softies on the left side
4Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-A fine complement for their other forwards, a big guy who might possibly help them on the rush and possibly play net front for their perimeter guys
5Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Between Iginla or Catton or Greentree... well probably not Greentree, but you never know I'd say they go with a guy who can play a big stage who can excite their fans
6Logo de Utah Hockey Club-Having picked Simashev next year as a right shot, and having Lamoureux as a possible top 4 D, they can pick up this player without much for line up conflict on defense on the left side... great pick up
7Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-ANA pick k over Levshunov because he's a big D with a big shot, plays right side, and plays mean as well... He would be a really great complement to Mintyukov or Zellweger where Levshunov is more an "every D-man" and Yakemchuk is a bit more of a guy that will play well next to an offensive D
8Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Ron Francis built a pretty big team, and what he'll like about Eiserman, besides putting the puck in the net, is that he's stocky and a grade A sniper.
9Logo de Flames de Calgary-Calgary picks what may become a franchise defenseman and would be the first D they've had of this caliber since Al McInnis, and better than Giordano was for them
10Logo de Devils du New Jersey-Pure commodity value for a team that plays soft... getting a big man on the left side who may one day play next to the likes of a Simon Nemec or Dougie Hamilton Also could sign into the NHL right out of the draft BTW, he's a mobile 6'7... not just a big man... well able to keep up with NJ's pace of play
11Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Went higher than others might expect, but his numbers are good and so is his size... won't take long to transition to an NHL game for a team that has been due to breakout for like 6 years now
12Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-I go center with Philly because they don't have much for center depth in their system and Catton has excellent ceiling.. especially if he turns into a 1-2 with Michkov
13Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Played with Zuccarello at the WC, so Minnesota may have a bit of an inside track on this guy... excellent support player and plays a tight game
14Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Penguins de PittsburghIt's hard to believe San Jose would pass up drafting a possible core player in Dickinson... and hey he plays with the Knights, so he looks good in green
15Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Don't think Detroit passes up this guy if he's available to them... he's already a pretty good player in a men's league
16Logo de Blues de St-Louis-Commodity grab... St Louis could use futures on D, and Mews has a well balanced game and could be an asset they'll not have to give up an arm and leg for in the future
17Logo de Capitals de Washington-Homerun swing... Poirier was a goal scoring machine in the Q, especially in the playoffs... he's a raw scorer who's really competitive... and though short, he is pretty stocky for that height
18Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Islanders de New YorkI'm sure they'd like to get a right shot guy, but this is a homerun swing because they can afford it
19Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Good complementary player whom they could always flip to someone if he adds value in the future
20Logo de Islanders de New YorkLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayWhy would they pick a goalie? Because their org builds around them, and this kid showed real well at U18s.
21Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-While not overly big or heavy, he's a good support player and LA is building a tight team
22Logo de Predators de Nashville-Drafting more skill
23Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-Although talked about as a late riser, not sure he will, but if he falls to this point, I think Toronto will take him
24Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-They got the other brother, so why not
25Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Bruins de BostonAna pick: they take a swing at this guy in case he recovers his value
26Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Jets de WinnipegQuick feet and plays tight and a bit heavy... Montreal will like him
27Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Rock solid defenseman... under the radar, but Carolina often picks under the radar guys
28Logo de Flames de CalgaryLogo de Canucks de VancouverTook big steps this year
29Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Oilers d'EdmontonGood puck support player if with a limited ceiling... doesn't matter... Anaheim's pretty set for skill
30Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLogo de Panthers de la FlorideA player I'm sure Tortz would like to work with because he already has the fundamentals
31Logo de Stars de Dallas-Would be hopefully high value if the Stars make it
32Logo de Rangers de New York-Center who can score
31 mai à 20 h 31
down bad
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,450
Capitals likely don’t go for a reach at 17oa…. Should probably stick to a projected high end talent. Try to get him in the 2nd round
31 mai à 20 h 41
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,675
Levshunov is more of a 200 foot two-way player than Yakemchuk, who is really just offensive player in o-zone and struggles defensively. And Simashev is a lefty.

Catton, Dickinson, Silayev all available at #10 is like best case scenario for NJD. I’d love it.

Carter George in first round could be Tyler Boucher-esque whiff. At least take Yegorov, Moysevich or Nabokov.
31 mai à 21 h 41
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,937
We wear teal not green!
But yea if Dickenson is there sharks gladly take him even though LD isn’t their biggest need.
jamnjon a aimé ceci.
31 mai à 21 h 58
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 181
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Levshunov is more of a 200 foot two-way player than Yakemchuk, who is really just offensive player in o-zone and struggles defensively. And Simashev is a lefty.

Catton, Dickinson, Silayev all available at #10 is like best case scenario for NJD. I’d love it.

Carter George in first round could be Tyler Boucher-esque whiff. At least take Yegorov, Moysevich or Nabokov.

I'd rather take George than Nabokov or Moysevich. But taking either George or Yegorov feels like too much of a reach in the first round. Not quite a Tyler Boucher-esque whiff since it's not as high of a pick but it'd be the closest thing to it since.

Poirier would be an interesting pick... I certainly hope the Caps go with someone else.

Dickinson at #14 would be a crazy slip.
NHLfan10506 et Rob32sjsharks a aimé ceci.
31 mai à 22 h 2
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,354
Stian Solberg is somebody I can see the Hurricanes taking with their second-round pick not really their first
31 mai à 22 h 36
Bchass
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 10
Carter George at best is a late 3rd round pick.
31 mai à 23 h 28
Rejoint: mai 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 3
Parascak gets drafted higher, like maybe the blues take him, and greentree is a redwing
1 juin à 1 h 6
Quoting: Chasss
Carter George at best is a late 3rd round pick.

I hope so! He’s the only goalie with starter caliber potential (right now) in this draft. And I’d love the sharks to snag him in the 3rd
Chasss a aimé ceci.
1 juin à 7 h 51
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 27
Kraken have lots of wingers at this point, they should really be targeting a defenseman. Especially in a draft that is so strong with D.
1 juin à 13 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 499
Modifié 1 juin à 13 h 23
Quoting: NHLfan10506

Simishev is a lefty lol... what were they thinkin... and that's what'll screw our mock drafts over... you know one of these teams is gonna do something like that... "Utah is proud to select Teddy Stiga"... WHAAA?! I honestly thought they took him because of commodity value.

Crypes... I think if I were picking Mukhamadullin or Simishev, I'd take Mook. I guess they hope Simishev eats extremely important minutes.

Nabokov is extremely intriguing. You just wonder with Lou... he likes winners, and George winning both Hlinka Gretz and U18 is gonna catch his eye. But maybe he sees Nabokov winning Gagarin and says he wants that instead. The other two guys you named have a lot more to prove (playing in important games). Or maybe at this point, he's checked out, and his scout will just pick a guy like Sennecke.
1 juin à 13 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Kraken
Kraken have lots of wingers at this point, they should really be targeting a defenseman. Especially in a draft that is so strong with D.

I looked at Kraken's prospects... they could use a high end D, they could use a high end sniper in their system. In the end, I elected sniper. In the end, they could elect a D.
1 juin à 14 h 10
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,675
Quoting: Element23VM
Simishev is a lefty lol... what were they thinkin... and that's what'll screw our mock drafts over... you know one of these teams is gonna do something like that... "Utah is proud to select Teddy Stiga"... WHAAA?! I honestly thought they took him because of commodity value.

Crypes... I think if I were picking Mukhamadullin or Simishev, I'd take Mook. I guess they hope Simishev eats extremely important minutes.

Nabokov is extremely intriguing. You just wonder with Lou... he likes winners, and George winning both Hlinka Gretz and U18 is gonna catch his eye. But maybe he sees Nabokov winning Gagarin and says he wants that instead. The other two guys you named have a lot more to prove (playing in important games). Or maybe at this point, he's checked out, and his scout will just pick a guy like Sennecke.

Yegorov has been compared to Vasilevskiy in his combination of length and quickness. He played on a really young, and really bad, Omaha team this year and was still able to stand out to be top-rated goalie in this draft. The stats will deceive. He will be the #1 at Boston University next year as a Freshman and will learn under Brian Daccord (Joey’s dad and one of the best goaltending coaches in the business).

If someone where to jump early on a netminder, Yegorov should be the guy.
1 juin à 18 h 26

If Nabokov was 2” taller he would be top 10 but being 5’11/6’ as a goalie has become a death sentence in NHL scouting apparently. Personally think the sharks having another Nabokov in net would be awesome!
And you can’t ignor his stats in the KHL or from the (albeit limited) scouting we have available
2 juin à 5 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
If Nabokov was 2” taller he would be top 10 but being 5’11/6’ as a goalie has become a death sentence in NHL scouting apparently. Personally think the sharks having another Nabokov in net would be awesome!
And you can’t ignor his stats in the KHL or from the (albeit limited) scouting we have available

Shesterkin is only 6'1 ... the whole height thing for goaltenders is way overrated... there are guys who are just good because they master the game in the crease

If Nabokov was 2" taller, he'd have been probably drafted a few years ago by a random team in the 5th round

GMs just draft tall lanky guys because a) goaltenders are drafted at 18 years of age when really, they should probably be drafted at 21 or 22, and b) GMs and scouts aren't really that good at scouting talent in goaltenders... they just pick big butterfly guys and hope they get 910 out of them
Rob32sjsharks a aimé ceci.
2 juin à 15 h 11
Shesterkin is only 6'1 ... the whole height thing for goaltenders is way overrated... there are guys who are just good because they master the game in the crease

If Nabokov was 2" taller, he'd have been probably drafted a few years ago by a random team in the 5th round

GMs just draft tall lanky guys because a) goaltenders are drafted at 18 years of age when really, they should probably be drafted at 21 or 22, and b) GMs and scouts aren't really that good at scouting talent in goaltenders... they just pick big butterfly guys and hope they get 910 out of them

100% agree!
Also Saros is 5’11” maybe 6’
Our Nabokov was listed at 6’ but I met him and he was shorter than me and I’m 5’11”
Wolf for Calgary the same thing!
I’m less focused on size and more how a goalie realizes their skill
Element23VM a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage