Forums/Armchair-GM

Two Leafs One Sword

Créé par: Ryminister_92
Équipe: 2024-25 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 12 avr. 2024
Publié: 12 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Let’s assume on draft day that Toronto’s 1st round pick is between picks 21-25 (losing in the first two rounds) & the guy they like at that spot as already been taken by another team.
Treliving has stated before that the 1st was in play for guys with term so why not get 2 guys of need in the same deal with that pick and take advantage of a cap strapped team?

This is likely an overpay for Toronto given Vegas’ situation, but both players are ready to make impacts now and fit the style of play desired by Toronto management - & there’s the Toronto tax on every trade.

This leaves a little over $14M to bring in other guys and re-sign RFA’s and I’d imagine one more trade would be made to help the cap but that’s not the point of this thread.
Transactions
TOR
  1. Hague, Nicolas
  2. Roy, Nicolas
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2025 (VGK)
Détails additionnels:
Why Toronto does it?
Adds 2 of their most significant needs in 1 deal this offseason - a top 4 defender and a middle 6 centre. Roy offers something the Leafs don’t have at all in their system, which is a right handed centre. With Tavares’ slow decline a new centre is needed and Roy would slide in perfectly to a middle 6 role that could see some 2C time. Hague is everything Treliving loves in a defender - he’s big, mobile, physical, long reach, two way player , and a great leader. He’s be the perfect fit long term for this team.

Why Toronto doesn’t do it?
This is a high price for a team that has the farm system starting to deplete. Robertson has begun to turn heads in to organization as a solid offensive contributor with a good work ethic that may be important to keep while he’s cheap.
VGK
  1. Robertson, Nicholas [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
Détails additionnels:
Why Vegas does it?
Cap space. After signing Robertson to a new contract, this likely saves them at least $3.5M in cap space for next season. With their impending cap crunch, they’ll need to shed salary and look to bring in younger players that can produce - Robertson has started to show his offensive potential with a 20 goal pace season with limited offensive time. He could slide into Vegas’ top 9 and potentially top 6 immediately. Losing Roy and Hague likely aren’t ideal, but with Roy being paid $3M for a 4th line role and Hague likely due for a raise in 1 season, this would allow more cap to not only bring back 1 of Stephenson or Marchessault but also re-sign Theodore.

Why Vegas doesn’t do it?
Robertson still being injury concerns and even though he’s stayed healthy this season, it’s still a concern. There will be a market for both these players and maybe they feel like they can be better value trading them separately. I’m not sure I can see Vegas really selling off players as they never really have to date, but with the cap structure it may be time.
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CGY
Logo de VAN
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1787 700 000 $73 588 817 $0 $0 $14 111 183 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
13 250 000 $13 250 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
11 500 000 $11 500 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 8
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
766 667 $766 667 $
G
RFA - 1
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
2 294 150 $2 294 150 $
DG
RFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
12 avr. à 22 h 5
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 11,936
You’d think they’d try and get Whitecloud over Hague but that’s just me
12 avr. à 22 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 788
Quoting: GeneralLandro
You’d think they’d try and get Whitecloud over Hague but that’s just me

Why? Just because he’s right handed? - that’s overblown.

Leafs need a #3/4 left handed defender as well and Hague is younger than Whitecloud so there’s more time with him. Hague also fits Treliving’s style more - much more physical and bigger.

Whitecloud is also signed for 4 more years after this one at a very cheap cap hit, which is exactly what Vegas needs so they’d value him higher in a trade. Hague needs a new contract after next season and moving him would open cap space for other guys to be re-signed (namely Theodore)
chefed a aimé ceci.
12 avr. à 22 h 49
taxation is theft
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 25
leafs have to take this
chefed et Ryminister_92 a aimé ceci.
12 avr. à 22 h 50
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 744
Quoting: maxdomiundies
leafs have to take this

I wouldn’t see why they wouldn’t, definitely makes the team better
chefed et Ryminister_92 a aimé ceci.
12 avr. à 23 h 12
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 25
Good trade for both teams
Ryminister_92 et Fergy22 a aimé ceci.
22 avr. à 13 h 3
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 171
Only thing about this trade is that we already have Minten and Holmberg who, although not as good (yet), could serve the same role as Roy would, while at a much lower cap hit. The progress Holmberg has made this season has given me hope that he can be a full-time reliable, all-situations 3C for us next year. I mean, he’s pretty much already playing that role for us in right now, and he certainly hasn’t looked out of place.
Ryminister_92 a aimé ceci.
22 avr. à 18 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 788
Quoting: WN88
Only thing about this trade is that we already have Minten and Holmberg who, although not as good (yet), could serve the same role as Roy would, while at a much lower cap hit. The progress Holmberg has made this season has given me hope that he can be a full-time reliable, all-situations 3C for us next year. I mean, he’s pretty much already playing that role for us in right now, and he certainly hasn’t looked out of place.

The issue with Minten is that he’s not NHL ready within Toronto’s cup window - which is now. Toronto’s lack of centre depth has haunted them for years and if they wanna win during the Matthews/Marner/Nylander era then they need help now while those guys are in their primes. Worst case let’s say Minten surprises everyone and makes the team outta cap next season, then plah him at 3C and insert Roy at 2C because it should be time for Tavares to move to the wing anyways.

Maybe we have different opinions on Holmberg, because personally I don’t see him as anything more than a 4th liner. The effort is there but I don’t see the skill for a higher role. I don’t see him as a centre either - he needs to drastically improve his faceoffs for the role so outside of a decent depth player, I don’t see much value in him and I think he’s replaceable and needs to be upgraded
WN88 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage