Logo de NSH
Logo de NSH
Logo de NSH
Logo de NJD
Logo de NSH
Logo de NSH
Logo de NSH
Logo de NSH
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2387 500 000 $77 581 699 $0 $932 500 $9 918 301 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Predators de Nashville
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 6
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C
UFA - 3
3 185 000 $3 185 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
C
UFA - 3
797 500 $797 500 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AD
RFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
C
RFA
2 857 143 $2 857 143 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C, AD
RFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
813 750 $813 750 $
C, AG
RFA
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
9 059 000 $9 059 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
G
RFA - 1
6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 2
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
DD
UFA
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
1 925 000 $1 925 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
DG
RFA
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
813 750 $813 750 $
DG
RFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
11 avr. à 14 h 53
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 176
We need a serious navy alternate. I don't know why it hasn't happened yet. Every fan I've talked too about it loves the silver, white and navy jerseys from the 2011-2012 season. I know Gold is our calling card, but switching to Navy and Silver for alternates occasionally would be fun
gmgb a aimé ceci.
11 avr. à 15 h 3
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,161
2024 1st, 1 for 1.
11 avr. à 15 h 21
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,119
https://www.icethetics.com/concepts/exploration-in-nashville

I like the blue jersey in the link above as an option for a 3rd jersey. Ever since the winter classic designs came out, I’ve thought the walking saber-toothed tiger logo with the Nashville word mark would be a cool option for a jersey.
11 avr. à 15 h 22
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 453
I'd love Schenn back.

Also Nashville should have a Blue/Yellow jersey. I think it would look so clean
gmgb a aimé ceci.
11 avr. à 16 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,234
Quoting: dgibb10
2024 1st, 1 for 1.

11OA for Saros? You couldn't even get an unproven Schneider for 11OA Winking with Tongue Out
11 avr. à 16 h 43
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: gmgb
11OA for Saros? You couldn't even get an unproven Schneider for 11OA Winking with Tongue Out

Our pick is currently in a tie for the 9th spot.

Cory Schneider in the 3 years before the trade:
1st in GAA
1st in SV%
2nd in GSAx/60
4th in overall GSAx

I wish 26 year old Schneider was for sale. I'd much rather be able to go back and get 2 years of that version of Schneider. Alas he is not, so Saros will have to do.
11 avr. à 16 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: villenash
https://www.icethetics.com/concepts/exploration-in-nashville

I like the blue jersey in the link above as an option for a 3rd jersey. Ever since the winter classic designs came out, I’ve thought the walking saber-toothed tiger logo with the Nashville word mark would be a cool option for a jersey.

I love that logo. Not a huge fan of the sleeve stripes with the numbers inside them on that mockup, but the rest of it is good.

Quoting: nativewulf
We need a serious navy alternate. I don't know why it hasn't happened yet. Every fan I've talked too about it loves the silver, white and navy jerseys from the 2011-2012 season. I know Gold is our calling card, but switching to Navy and Silver for alternates occasionally would be fun

I think the best way to give the fans the navy jersey they want, but maintain the gold identity is to pair a navy 3rd with gold pants and helmets. U of Minnesota does this with a white jersey, and it looks great. I think it could work with the Preds' colour scheme too.
villenash et nativewulf a aimé ceci.
11 avr. à 16 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Our pick is currently in a tie for the 9th spot.

Cory Schneider in the 3 years before the trade:
1st in GAA
1st in SV%
2nd in GSAx/60
4th in overall GSAx

I wish 26 year old Schneider was for sale. I'd much rather be able to go back and get 2 years of that version of Schneider. Alas he is not, so Saros will have to do.

Tied for 9th, but with the most regulation wins of those three teams, so 11th at the moment (SEA does have two games in hand on BUF and NJ though)

Yes, your love for Schneider is well known, that's why I kid. Yes, he was definitely an elite backup, leading up to that trade. Yes, he did go on to become one of the best goalies NJ's ever had (Probably their 2nd best. Obviously not 1st, but Chico doesn't get enough respect either. He could have accomplished so much more without that "Mickey Mouse" team in front of him). Still not as good as Saros though.
11 avr. à 17 h 0
I Love J Boqvist
Tied for 9th, but with the most regulation wins of those three teams, so 11th at the moment (SEA does have two games in hand on BUF and NJ though)

Yes, your love for Schneider is well known, that's why I kid. Yes, he was definitely an elite backup, leading up to that trade. Yes, he did go on to become one of the best goalies NJ's ever had (Probably their 2nd best. Obviously not 1st, but Chico doesn't get enough respect either. He could have accomplished so much more without that "Mickey Mouse" team in front of him). Still not as good as Saros though.

Schneider had taken over the starters role.

Would you have traded Saros after the 20-21 season (VERY VERY VERY Similar to Schneider at the time of trade in age, role, production, team control) for current Saros?

Saros has had a very similar arc to schneider, quite frankly, and the concerning thing is this is a very down year for Saros, and it comes right around the age/time that Schneider fell off
11 avr. à 17 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Schneider had taken over the starters role.

Would you have traded Saros after the 20-21 season (VERY VERY VERY Similar to Schneider at the time of trade in age, role, production, team control) for current Saros?

Saros has had a very similar arc to schneider, quite frankly, and the concerning thing is this is a very down year for Saros, and it comes right around the age/time that Schneider fell off

As we've discussed multiple times before, Schneider had never handled a starter's workload before the trade (yes, he technically started the most games for VAN during a lockout shortened season). The most he'd even appeared in (not just started) as a Canuck was 33 games. For perspective, Saros is currently tied for 4th in wins, with one more than that, in this, his allegedly "concerning... very down year".

Are you saying Schneider started falling off during is 2nd season in Jersey? Because he was 28 that season - the same age Saros is now. Schneider didn't even have that one year when he got his only Hart vote and Vezina votes until he was 29. Using that logic, Saros' best hockey is still to come.
11 avr. à 17 h 30
I Love J Boqvist
As we've discussed multiple times before, Schneider had never handled a starter's workload before the trade (yes, he technically started the most games for VAN during a lockout shortened season). The most he'd even appeared in (not just started) as a Canuck was 33 games. For perspective, Saros is currently tied for 4th in wins, with one more than that, in this, his allegedly "concerning... very down year".

Are you saying Schneider started falling off during is 2nd season in Jersey? Because he was 28 that season - the same age Saros is now. Schneider didn't even have that one year when he got his only Hart vote and Vezina votes until he was 29. Using that logic, Saros' best hockey is still to come.

Schneider's fall off was after 3 years as a full time starter in his age 30 season.
Saros became a starter 1 year earlier, so next year would be his age 29 season, but in the same point of progression.

Saros has been mediocre this year imo.
11 avr. à 18 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Schneider's fall off was after 3 years as a full time starter in his age 30 season.
Saros became a starter 1 year earlier, so next year would be his age 29 season, but in the same point of progression.

Saros has been mediocre this year imo.

Schneider falling off after three seasons as a starter doesn't mean that's going to happen to every other goalie too.

That's some flawed extrapolation, IMO. Like seeing an elite goalie have a below average first half of the season, due to something like struggling to adjust under a new coach's unfamiliar system, and assuming the rest of his season went badly. Or that he's definitely falling off for good, like that one other guy from years back.
11 avr. à 18 h 17
I Love J Boqvist
Schneider falling off after three seasons as a starter doesn't mean that's going to happen to every other goalie too.

That's some flawed extrapolation, IMO. Like seeing an elite goalie have a below average first half of the season, due to something like struggling to adjust under a new coach's unfamiliar system, and assuming the rest of his season went badly. Or that he's definitely falling off for good, like that one other guy from years back.

The concern with any goalie is valid.

I would very strongly argue that 1 year of control on Saros, following a year where he hasn't been elite, is not worth more than 2 years of 26 year old Cory Schneider was.
11 avr. à 19 h 9
Démarrer sujet
The concern with any goalie is valid.

I would very strongly argue that 1 year of control on Saros, following a year where he hasn't been elite, is not worth more than 2 years of 26 year old Cory Schneider was.

I would prefer the known quality, but I understand that some might prefer betting on the unproven guy potentially having even more upside than the elite player. I'll agree to disagree with you on that point.

What I would strongly argue is that what NJ paid for a goalie one time over ten years ago has no bearing on what NSH should trade Saros for, in the present day.
11 avr. à 20 h 23
I Love J Boqvist
I would prefer the known quality, but I understand that some might prefer betting on the unproven guy potentially having even more upside than the elite player. I'll agree to disagree with you on that point.

What I would strongly argue is that what NJ paid for a goalie one time over ten years ago has no bearing on what NSH should trade Saros for, in the present day.

Cory Schneider was FOURTH in TOTAL GSAx in the 3 years prior. (and was about 2 goals behind 2nd, place, with Henrik a distant 1st about 40 goals ahead).

Saros is fourth in Total GSAx over the past 3 years.

And I'd argue goalie prices have gone down, not up.

Based on how NHL teams have shown to value goalies:
-They pay them less than they used to
-They draft them later than they used to
-They trade less for them than they used to

And goaltending is getting younger and younger, and more and more volatile.

All of this suggest that a 1 year goalie rental is worth a lot less than it used to be
11 avr. à 22 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Cory Schneider was FOURTH in TOTAL GSAx in the 3 years prior.

Those are backup numbers. Gotta pump those games played up.

And I'd argue goalie prices have gone down, not up.

Based on how NHL teams have shown to value goalies:
-They pay them less than they used to
-They draft them later than they used to
-They trade less for them than they used to

And goaltending is getting younger and younger, and more and more volatile.

All of this suggest that a 1 year goalie rental is worth a lot less than it used to be

I disagree that trade values trend up or down like that, like you suggest. The highest level goalies get traded so infrequently to begin with, there isn't enough data to establish patterns or trends anyway. That's why this decade old Schneider trade keeps getting thrown around like the gold standard of trade value, by the "goalies aren't worth that much" crowd.

Also, why wouldn't you re-sign Saros, so that he's not a rental? If NJ is a team with good leadership and a bright future, that should be an easy sell to any player. If it's not a team a player that wants to win would choose, a sign and trade after July 1st like many Devils fans want isn't going to be an option anyway.
11 avr. à 23 h 7
I Love J Boqvist
Those are backup numbers. Gotta pump those games played up.

I disagree that trade values trend up or down like that, like you suggest. The highest level goalies get traded so infrequently to begin with, there isn't enough data to establish patterns or trends anyway. That's why this decade old Schneider trade keeps getting thrown around like the gold standard of trade value, by the "goalies aren't worth that much" crowd.

Also, why wouldn't you re-sign Saros, so that he's not a rental? If NJ is a team with good leadership and a bright future, that should be an easy sell to any player. If it's not a team a player that wants to win would choose, a sign and trade after July 1st like many Devils fans want isn't going to be an option anyway.

A backup managing to be 4th in TOTAL GSAx makes it all the more impressive.

I don't believe in giving an extension to a goalie until they play on your team. Too much risk not seeing how they adapt (and Saros isn't going to raise his price with his play)

Juuse Saros is 1 year away from UFA. That makes him a rental. Simple as that.
12 avr. à 10 h 48
Démarrer sujet
A backup managing to be 4th in TOTAL GSAx makes it all the more impressive.

I don't believe in giving an extension to a goalie until they play on your team. Too much risk not seeing how they adapt (and Saros isn't going to raise his price with his play)

Juuse Saros is 1 year away from UFA. That makes him a rental. Simple as that.

Cool.

I guess the silver lining is that you only have to wit another 10-11 years until Schneider's kid is old enough to draft, and then you can finally be happy again.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage