Forums/Armchair-GM

Looking to fill 1RW and 1RD

Créé par: GiggywithGibby
Équipe: 2024-25 Ducks d'Anaheim
Date de création initiale: 23 mars 2024
Publié: 4 avr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
There's an ongoing question mark at 1RW that needs to get answered at some point. If Laine and Columbus decide the relationship is not working, Anaheims one of the few teams in the league who can take his entire contract without needing retention, but would like to move Strome out if that becomes the case. Laines upside is still huge but with so many lost seasons due to injury he's a depressed asset.

Pesche is brought in on a shorter deal to be Mintyukov's running mate.

Take Levshunov at the draft, give him some time to marinate before calling up to the NHL to take Gudas' spot at 2RD, hopefully pair with LaCombe at that time.

Zellweger goes back to San Diego to try and turn their fortunes around, need to build a winning culture throughout the organization, and I need somewhere to park him until Fowlers deal is up. He will obviously be injury call up #1.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3925 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
32 300 000 $
31 500 000 $
31 100 000 $
32 300 000 $
31 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
58 000 000 $
23 500 000 $
Transactions
ANA
  1. Colton, Ross
Détails additionnels:
Colton is a cap casualty for Landeskogs return. Traded before NTC kicks in.
COL
  1. Helleson, Drew
Détails additionnels:
Helleson keeps getting leap frogged by other defensemen in Anaheim, send him back to Colorado where he'll have an easier time pushing onto the main roster.
ANA
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (MIN)
Détails additionnels:
Minnesota is currently pick 15 which is where MBD is slated to go via tankathon.
MIN
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (EDM)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (ANA)
Détails additionnels:
Draft floor deal to trade up to select Brandsegg-Nygard
ANA
  1. Laine, Patrik
Détails additionnels:
Laine has great upside, you can see his talent when he's on the ice, it's keeping him on the ice that's the problem. Guy has barely averaged half a season's worth of games over the last four years.

At 8.7 million the contract carries a lot of risk to an acquiring team if Laine continues to struggle with injury.

Strome is a good culture piece and versatile middle 6 veteran to help right the ship in CBJ.
CBJ
  1. Strome, Ryan
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2026 (ANA)
Détails additionnels:
* Top 10 protected. If Laine plays less than 82 regular season games over the next two seasons, pick becomes ANAs highest 26 2nd. If Laine plays less than 54 regular season games over the next two seasons, pick becomes ANAs highest 3rd in 2026
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de ANA
Logo de MIN
Logo de BOS
Logo de ANA
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de TOR
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de EDM
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2387 500 000 $80 800 000 $0 $6 550 000 $6 700 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 250 000 $$3M)
C
RFA - 2
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C, AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C, AG
RFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 6
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
3 650 000 $3 650 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 3
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG
UFA
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
C, AG
RFA
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD
RFA
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
918 333 $918 333 $ (Bonis de performance800 000 $$800K)
DG
RFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
UFA
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 400 000 $6 400 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
DG/DD
RFA
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
812 500 $812 500 $
G
RFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
RFA
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG/DD
RFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
5 avr. à 0 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,826
Quoting: CaseyFlyman
I'm a little higher on these moves than most...I really don't think anything here is infeasible or even that far off. So props to you for that.

I do think you'd need to add more to the MIN trade to get them to move back what could be 13ish spots in a weaker draft. But if that's fine, I'm sure that's something that could be worked out. We wouldn't be talking, say, another first or top prospect...probably a mid-rounder.

As for Laine...I could see a trade if the new GM thinks the internal options are already better (Gaudreau, Johnson, Chinakhov, Marchenko, Nylander???). But:

The conditions need to work the other way, and I don't think Columbus would move him for less than a 2nd even at his depressed value. That should be the baseline, with upgrade potential; not the start, with downgrade potential. Strome isn't of much interest, he's an overpaid 3C and we have better options. He's not a cap dump, but Anaheim isn't a cap-strapped team where Columbus will be in a year or two. I think that's a nonstarter.

If I were to modify the trade:

ANA: Laine
CBJ: 2026 ANA 2nd*
*Conditions: If Laine plays 82+ games over the 2024-25 and 2025-26 regular season combined, the pick upgrades to a top-10 protected ANA 2026 1st (could slide to 2027). If he plays 130+ games, the top-10 protection drops.

And I think that's take-it or leave-it. If Anaheim accepts: great, I hope he plays 162 games, scores 162 goals, and the Ducks finish last in the league and win the lottery in 2026. If not...I hope he plays 162 games for Columbus, scores 162 goals, and wins the Conn Smythe.

I'm game to opening up a higher tier if Laine succeeds, was figuring it would be adding another higher pick like the 26 2nd on top of the 26 1st if he plays in say 130 games (80% remaining on his deal) however, I would maintain that if he plays less than 1/3 of the games on the rest of his contract, the pick falls to a more meaningless 3rd. 1/3 of the season is 27 games each season, at that point he'd be an 8.7 million dollar anchor. Getting him off payroll at that point is the benefit, let's not kid ourselves, neither of our teams have the deepest payrolls.
5 avr. à 23 h 26
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,801
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
I'm game to opening up a higher tier if Laine succeeds, was figuring it would be adding another higher pick like the 26 2nd on top of the 26 1st if he plays in say 130 games (80% remaining on his deal) however, I would maintain that if he plays less than 1/3 of the games on the rest of his contract, the pick falls to a more meaningless 3rd. 1/3 of the season is 27 games each season, at that point he'd be an 8.7 million dollar anchor. Getting him off payroll at that point is the benefit, let's not kid ourselves, neither of our teams have the deepest payrolls.

It's nit-picking, but it's also rare that a team has conditions on a player failing; they're almost always upgrades based on performance or health/GP. I'd be fine with the first pick being a 3rd, with an extremely attainable upgrade to a 2nd with a condition on him playing 1/4 to 1/3 of the next two seasons.

But yes, both teams are operating on an internal cap. It's very possible Columbus is interested just to move the payroll.
9 avr. à 20 h 58
Iceman
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 84
For the trades, I like the addition of Colton, but I get the sense that we’ll probably have to add a 3rd round pick in this deal. Moving up in the draft is something the Ducks should consider if it’s possible, but MBN wouldn’t be my target. I’m more interested in someone like Tij Iginla, who I think could end up being the steal of the first round for whoever gets him. I don’t like this Laine trade. I’m not against acquiring him and I’m all for getting Strome out of here, but given Laine’s injury history I don’t think we’ll need to give up a 1st at all. In all honesty we may even be able to get something else back as well be it a mid-low round pick or a B-C tier prospect if we really play this correctly. But the pick should be a conditional 2nd that maybe becomes a 1st if Laine plays a certain percentage of games. As for the signings, LaCombe is more likely a 2 year signing at about $50,000-$200,000 less on the AAV. To be honest I’m not as sold on him as everyone else is right now, and I think he needs to prove himself more. With Lundestrom, I’m conflicted. Personally I think he’s down to his last chance to really make an impact with this team. More likely scenario is a one year deal, but maybe the AAV is a bit higher to compensate. Vaakanainen probably gets slightly less AAV and one less year, but Leason I think is on point and in my opinion he should be the RFA the Ducks value most as he has potential to be a valuable asset for this team once they start winning. And then there’s Lindstrom…I’m honestly not a fan. I haven’t been that impressed with him and I don’t think we should re-sign him. I’d rather sign other RHD’s in free agency or find another piece to trade Colorado for Colton and give Helleson a shot. Gauthier’s getting $950,000 AAV, that’s not even a debate. As for the two UFA signings, Joshua is intriguing for sure, but I think we can get him for cheaper. I don’t want Brett Pesce. Too expensive and has a big injury history which the Ducks don’t need anymore of. Matt Roy would be my preferred RHD option. Cheaper and imo better for his value.
9 avr. à 21 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,826
Quoting: Bbpagewolf
For the trades, I like the addition of Colton, but I get the sense that we’ll probably have to add a 3rd round pick in this deal. Moving up in the draft is something the Ducks should consider if it’s possible, but MBN wouldn’t be my target. I’m more interested in someone like Tij Iginla, who I think could end up being the steal of the first round for whoever gets him. I don’t like this Laine trade. I’m not against acquiring him and I’m all for getting Strome out of here, but given Laine’s injury history I don’t think we’ll need to give up a 1st at all. In all honesty we may even be able to get something else back as well be it a mid-low round pick or a B-C tier prospect if we really play this correctly. But the pick should be a conditional 2nd that maybe becomes a 1st if Laine plays a certain percentage of games. As for the signings, LaCombe is more likely a 2 year signing at about $50,000-$200,000 less on the AAV. To be honest I’m not as sold on him as everyone else is right now, and I think he needs to prove himself more. With Lundestrom, I’m conflicted. Personally I think he’s down to his last chance to really make an impact with this team. More likely scenario is a one year deal, but maybe the AAV is a bit higher to compensate. Vaakanainen probably gets slightly less AAV and one less year, but Leason I think is on point and in my opinion he should be the RFA the Ducks value most as he has potential to be a valuable asset for this team once they start winning. And then there’s Lindstrom…I’m honestly not a fan. I haven’t been that impressed with him and I don’t think we should re-sign him. I’d rather sign other RHD’s in free agency or find another piece to trade Colorado for Colton and give Helleson a shot. Gauthier’s getting $950,000 AAV, that’s not even a debate. As for the two UFA signings, Joshua is intriguing for sure, but I think we can get him for cheaper. I don’t want Brett Pesce. Too expensive and has a big injury history which the Ducks don’t need anymore of. Matt Roy would be my preferred RHD option. Cheaper and imo better for his value.

1: Maybe, the point is to take advantage of a cap strapped team, but I'd be fine with tossing a 3rd at it.

2: to each their own, I think MBN would be an excellent 2nd line support piece, the kind of puck digger you need for the skill guys. Tij wouldn't be bad either.

3: It is a conditional pick, if Laine plays less than half the games on his contract it drops to a 2nd, less than that it falls to a 3rd. Even distressed, CNJ isn't giving Laine away for free, he's great, when he's on the ice, but as pointed out, he carries high risk.

4: I'm impressed with his overall game, I'd ice him over Fowler. He's still young and learning but he isn't blowing coverages like Cam is, a lot of his +- are from playing his off hand with Fowler, same as Zellweger. I'd love to dump him but don't know who would bite or how much we'd have to retain.

5: RFA signings: to each their own, I like Lundestrom as another support piece, he's good defensively, but he's going the way of Sam Steel before him, pushed down by higher talent. I know Lindstrom has had a few Gaffs this season that have gone bad, but mostly he's been positive, especially his advanced stats, he usually leading the Ducks defensively on the game report cards I get, and he's willing to hit and play with an edge, he just seems to work in our system, as a D6 he's fine, I think a bottom pairing of him and Vaaks is good. (Vaaks also has done well defensively this season) Wiffed on the Gauthier money, but doesn't hurt the cap at all.

6: There's not exactly a lot available for RHD in free agency outside a couple big names. I'm fine with Roy, but I don't want to sign more than a 4-5 year deal, hence why I'm throwing money at the problem.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage