An optimistic next few months for the Edmonton Oilers

Créé par: sensonfire
Équipe: 2024-25 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 25 mars 2024
Publié: 25 mars 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
1. Edmonton becomes the first Canadian team to win the Stanley Cup since 1993

2. Connor McDavid wins the Conn Smythe, the Hart, the Ted Lindsay and the Art Ross for 2024.

3. Adam Henrique and Jake DeBrusk both sign with Edmonton at 4 million x 3.

4. On July 1st, Leon Draisaitl signs an extension with Edmonton at 12.5 million x 8.

5. A change of scenery is found for both Philip Broberg and Dylan Holloway.

6. After a long summer of intense workout and self-reflection, Jack Campbell re-emerges next season as the solid starting goaltender that Edmonton expected him to become when they signed him.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2775 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
34 000 000 $
34 000 000 $
2900 000 $
2900 000 $
2775 000 $
1775 000 $
Transactions
EDM
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2025 (EDM)
TBL
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2026 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
Edmonton wins the Cup
EDM
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2025 (EDM)
ANA
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2025 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
Edmonton wins the Cup
SJS
  1. Broberg, Philip [Droits de RFA]
EDM
  1. Kelly, Parker [Droits de RFA]
OTT
  1. Holloway, Dylan [Droits de RFA]
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de NSH
Logo de ANA
Logo de BOS
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2187 500 000 $90 466 667 $3 450 000 $0 $-2 966 667 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 5
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 2
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG, C
UFA
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
C
RFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD
UFA
775 000 $775 000 $
AG
RFA
900 000 $900 000 $
C, AD
UFA
900 000 $900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
775 000 $775 000 $
DD
UFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
25 mars à 10 h 5
Sens
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 383
is holloway a bust? havent watched him play just judging on his numbers, sens would likely make that gamble
sensonfire a aimé ceci.
25 mars à 10 h 9
Démarrer sujet
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,451
Quoting: Boodin
is holloway a bust? havent watched him play just judging on his numbers, sens would likely make that gamble

He doesn't seem to be a good fit for the Oilers IMO.

Since being drafted, he's had his fair share of injuries, limited ice time, healthy scratches and struggles with his development in the AHL.
25 mars à 10 h 13
VGKNation702
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,618
Number 6 is the best 😂😂
sensonfire et Who_is_Jimmy_Stu a aimé ceci.
25 mars à 10 h 15
Mr.T 17
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 338
Holloway for Ostapchuck would sound like a better trade in my opinion
25 mars à 10 h 19
Démarrer sujet
sensonfire
Quoting: cody_tugak
Holloway for Ostapchuck would sound like a better trade in my opinion

Why's that ?
cody_tugak a aimé ceci.
25 mars à 10 h 43
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,587
That's a no to the Henrique contract, a hell no to the SJ trade, and a god no to the OTT trade.

EDIT: Ah, you're an OTT fan. That explains it.
25 mars à 10 h 55
Démarrer sujet
sensonfire
Quoting: SupremeBone
That's a no to the Henrique contract, a hell no to the SJ trade, and a god no to the OTT trade.

EDIT: Ah, you're an OTT fan. That explains it.

What's wrong with what I did here ?

I think the scenario that I laid out in the description looks great for the Oilers.
25 mars à 11 h 17
Quoting: sensonfire
What's wrong with what I did here ?

I think the scenario that I laid out in the description looks great for the Oilers.

1.) You're paying a 34 year old that hasn't really fit so far 4mil until he's 37. Assuming they want to re-sign him, EDM ought to have the leverage to get that down in both cap hit and term.
2.) Broberg is more valuable than Benning- both in general and to EDM specifically. Benning is a long-established 3rd pairing guy whose limitations are similar to what they're trying to move on from in Ceci (meh skater, not good enough at anything else to make up for it).
3.) They're not gonna trade Holloway for a player that represents the bare minimum that he'll develop into. I'd also say that he's already a better player than Kelly.

The only reason to trade either of Broberg or Holloway is for a significant upgrade to the roster and neither Benning nor Kelly are that. You made the roster older, slower, AND lost out on potential through your trades. By then signing Henrique to a 4mil contract with term, you also limit the team's flexibility when they have to re-sign Bouchard and McLeod next year (alongside Draisaitl) and McDavid the year after. The team is far better off re-signing Broberg and Holloway to cheap 2nd contracts (< 1mil), opening up space for them on the roster, and using the cap space they would save to add players to both bolster the roster overall and support those two as they develop into their roles.
25 mars à 11 h 23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 190
Sharks accept.
sensonfire a aimé ceci.
25 mars à 11 h 54
Démarrer sujet
sensonfire
Quoting: SupremeBone
1.) You're paying a 34 year old that hasn't really fit so far 4mil until he's 37. Assuming they want to re-sign him, EDM ought to have the leverage to get that down in both cap hit and term.
2.) Broberg is more valuable than Benning- both in general and to EDM specifically. Benning is a long-established 3rd pairing guy whose limitations are similar to what they're trying to move on from in Ceci (meh skater, not good enough at anything else to make up for it).
3.) They're not gonna trade Holloway for a player that represents the bare minimum that he'll develop into. I'd also say that he's already a better player than Kelly.

The only reason to trade either of Broberg or Holloway is for a significant upgrade to the roster and neither Benning nor Kelly are that. You made the roster older, slower, AND lost out on potential through your trades. By then signing Henrique to a 4mil contract with term, you also limit the team's flexibility when they have to re-sign Bouchard and McLeod next year (alongside Draisaitl) and McDavid the year after. The team is far better off re-signing Broberg and Holloway to cheap 2nd contracts (< 1mil), opening up space for them on the roster, and using the cap space they would save to add players to both bolster the roster overall and support those two as they develop into their roles.

1. It takes time for a new player like Henrique to adjust to a new team and a new environment at the highest level of any sport.

2. Broberg and Holloway are both AHL players that need a change of scenery and will turn into busts if you refuse to give them one.

I'd also add that they are both eligible for waivers next season and will be placed on waivers if they don't secure a roster spot next year.

Furthermore, Broberg has publicly requested for a trade out of Edmonton months ago.

3. Benning and Kelly on the other hand are established NHL players that would make the Oilers team out of training camp next September.

4. You say, "the only reason to trade either of Broberg or Holloway is for a significant upgrade to the roster".

Alright then ...

So, which of the 31 other teams in the NHL would give you that significant upgrade ?

5. The left side of your defence going forward is Ekholm, Nurse and Kulak.

With that said, if you don't move Broberg, he'll either be sitting in the press box every night or will go on waivers.
25 mars à 12 h 13
1. It takes time for a new player like Henrique to adjust to a new team and a new environment at the highest level of any sport.

2. Broberg and Holloway are both AHL players that need a change of scenery and will turn into busts if you refuse to give them one.
I'd also add that they are both eligible for waivers next season.
Furthermore, Broberg has publicly requested for a trade out of Edmonton months ago.

3. Benning and Kelly on the other hand are established NHL players that would make the Oilers team out of training camp next September.

4. You say, "the only reason to trade either of Broberg or Holloway is for a significant upgrade to the roster".
Alright then ...
So, which of the 31 other teams in the NHL would give you that significant upgrade ?

5. The left side of your defence going forward is Ekholm, Nurse and Kulak.
With that said, if you don't move Broberg, he'll either be sitting in the press box every night or will go on waivers just like Holloway.

1.) Sure, but if he hasn't acclimated more by the end of the season, I wouldn't be comfortable giving him 4*3. Given your scenario assumes they win the Cup, I guess I can grant you the assumption that he meshes by then. However, even if that's the case, I don't think EDM commits that kind of term or money to a player of his age. They're old enough as is.

2.) Sure, they're still AHL players in the same way that any prospect is before they make it. Both are dominant AHL players that are 22 and will undoubtedly receive the very opportunities your scenario assumes they won't get simply because they didn't get it this year. Also, Broberg didn't publicly request a trade. There was a public disagreement between his agent and Holland regarding whether the agent was "given permission to explore trades" (according to Holland, he was not). Likely a tactic by the agent to try to pressure the team into giving him time in the NHL which would, in turn, increase the next contract of both Broberg and his agent.

3.) They're established NHL players that could just as easily fall short of the NHL roster next year (Benning due to injury/age, Kelly because he's a standard 4th line energy W and the churn in that role/position is very high).

4.) At no point did I say there was a team that would give a significant upgrade, merely that that's the only condition I imagine them being traded. That being said, it's not hard to imagine: one of them plus a pick or two for a player of need for the team. For example, Broberg, Ceci, and a 1st for a proper 2RD or Holloway and a 1st or 2nd for a Top-6 W from a team looking to rebuild.

5.) Easy. Trade Kulak because the drop-off from Kulak to Broberg (who played 3LD last season) isn't enough to justify the difference in cap (~1.75mil). Allocate that cap space to filling a more significant hole (2RD or top-6 W).
25 mars à 12 h 40
Mr.T 17
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 338
Why's that ?

Well they're both good talents and both have high ceiling potential for each of their respective positions, the Oilers need a 3rd or 4th solid centerman, I think the Senators could benefit from Holloway's services on either wing, perfect trade in my perfect world in my opinion
sensonfire a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage