Forums/Armchair-GM

Retool not rebuild

Créé par: Jukesy
Équipe: 2024-25 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 10 mars 2024
Publié: 10 mars 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
For this mock, I made the cap go up 3mil in the offseason to 86.5, I'm seeing that it's suppose to go up to 87+ but I kept it tame.

This isn't supposed to be some massive ground breaking fix-all for the Penguins. It's just realistic. As much as most fans want Graves moved, I just don't think you can move him with his contract and his M-NTC. You just gotta hope he's better next year.

Rakell is one more player I would see them dishing for cap relief and to add a roster spot for a young guy but again I just don't know that they will. I personally would move Rust before Rakell however there's been reports that the Penguins have not approach Rust about moving and that there is deep respect in the room for Rust so I think he stays. Like I said, I personally would move Rust and put Rakell on that top line with Sid, he's always played great with Sid. Then you can add another young guy in FA for the 3rd line RW slot. Smith is the obvious one to move, along with Nieto. I personally would move on from Accairi as well but again I just don't see Dubas doing that. I personally would keep Eller. He's a good veteran and although I'm all about this youth movement I still think you need a guy like Eller to anchor the bottom-6 with all that youth.
Again I dont LOVE keeping the exact same top-4 D but it's what it is at this point. At least between Broberg, POJ, Ludvig, and St. Ivany you've got some potential there for someone to pop. I'm not fully out on POJ like others are, remember his age, and look at Marcus Pettersson. He was a young third pair guy around that same age and lots of fans were ready to trade him. Now, 3 years later? He's our best defensive defenseman and and extremely vital part to our D core. Now I'm not saying POJ will do that, but I just personally prefer to be a bit more patient with defensemen.

For the goalies it's self explanatory. Ned has proven that he can be a 1A-1B goalie. He's terrific. Not to say Jarry hasn't been, Jarry has been good, but with Edmonton constantly hunting for that goalie it makes sense they'd go for Jarry. Blomqvist is ready to play in the NHL. The way I see it if you go with Ned-Blom or Jarry-Blom you are fine, it's just the cap hit on Jarry makes it way more valuable to move him rather than let Ned walk for nothing. Net can be a perfect bridge goalie for Blomqvist. A good 1A-1B relationship for them. Give Ned 45ish starts and Joel 35ish starts.

This team is younger, faster, and has more juice. As much as it stung to lose Jake for such a little return, I do like Bunting, I think he's a wish.com version of what we had in Hornqvist.

Between Gruden, Poulin, DOC, Puustinen, Bemstrom, Ludvig, Puljujarvi, Broberg, POJ, and St. Ivany, you've got lots of guys in their early to mid 20s who should improve.

The nature of it is, some of these young guys will pop a bit and some will be nothing-burgers but the way I see it. If you give 10 roster spots to young guys like I did here, and you can have say 5 of them pop a bit, you can re-evaluate at the deadline and know what you've got in some of your young guys. It's a way to help give yourself a better chance at fixing this thing before the big dogs retire.

Unlikely they ever win a cup before Sid retires, but at least this is a punchers chance if some of your young guys really pop.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 000 000 $
21 000 000 $
2850 000 $
2850 000 $
2850 000 $
2850 000 $
21 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
22 500 000 $
Transactions
PIT
    Depth forward to whoever wants him, get any low level prospect in the 21-24 year old range.
    PIT
      Cap dump to any team who wants him, get any mid-level prospect you can in the 21-24 year old range.
      PIT
      1. Broberg, Philip [Droits de RFA]
      Détails additionnels:
      Not entirely sure where the value sits on Broberg, you could easily add more either direction to make the value sit, but Broberg for Jarry are the main pieces in this swap.
      Rachats de contrats
      Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
      Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PHI
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de NYR
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de FLA
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de SJS
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de CHI
      TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
      2386 500 000 $73 266 009 $0 $57 500 $13 233 991 $
      Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
      Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
      4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
      AG
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 1
      5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
      AD, AG
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      925 000 $925 000 $
      AG
      UFA - 1
      6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 2
      850 000 $850 000 $
      AD, AG
      UFA
      850 000 $850 000 $
      C, AG
      RFA
      2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
      C
      UFA - 1
      5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
      AD, AG
      M-NTC
      UFA - 4
      850 000 $850 000 $
      AG
      RFA
      2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
      C, AD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
      AD, AG
      RFA
      800 000 $800 000 $
      AD
      UFA - 1
      Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
      4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
      DG
      M-NTC
      UFA - 5
      6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
      DD
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
      G
      UFA
      4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
      DG
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
      DD
      NMC
      UFA - 3
      886 667 $886 667 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
      G
      RFA - 2
      1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
      DG
      RFA
      775 000 $775 000 $
      DG
      RFA - 1
      1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
      DG
      RFA
      850 000 $850 000 $
      DD
      RFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
      • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
      10 mars à 14 h 57
      Rejoint: juill. 2020
      Mentions "j'aime": 1,587
      The only way EDM invests such a significant amount of cap into a goalie is if Skinner has a 2nd piss poor playoff run. Otherwise, there's no reason to. He's been an above average starter since joining last year and he's both younger and cheaper than Jarry, who would bring a similar level of play. Even if he does play badly, I'm convinced they'd be confident in Jarry being so much better as to warrant investing 5.3mil in him.
      10 mars à 15 h 0
      LongtimeLeafsufferer
      Rejoint: juill. 2015
      Mentions "j'aime": 22,693
      Wouldn't the
      Oilers just be better signing a UFA goalie than spending 5m on Jarry (who has M NTC). Oilers have Skinner, and they need cap.
      Reilly doesn't seem to worth 5m now, so can't see any team with cap taking him, without sending cap back in return.
      10 mars à 15 h 38
      Démarrer sujet
      Rejoint: mai 2021
      Mentions "j'aime": 71
      Quoting: SupremeBone
      The only way EDM invests such a significant amount of cap into a goalie is if Skinner has a 2nd piss poor playoff run. Otherwise, there's no reason to. He's been an above average starter since joining last year and he's both younger and cheaper than Jarry, who would bring a similar level of play. Even if he does play badly, I'm convinced they'd be confident in Jarry being so much better as to warrant investing 5.3mil
      Quoting: SupremeBone
      The only way EDM invests such a significant amount of cap into a goalie is if Skinner has a 2nd piss poor playoff run. Otherwise, there's no reason to. He's been an above average starter since joining last year and he's both younger and cheaper than Jarry, who would bring a similar level of play. Even if he does play badly, I'm convinced they'd be confident in Jarry being so much better as to warrant investing 5.3mil in him.

This is definitely me projecting Skinner to not be good and fall on his face. At the end of the day, a prospect for Jarry. Regardless of the team. Leafs. Devils. Oilers. Whoever needs a goalie.

It's less about Broberg and more about the idea of shedding Jarry to get a prospect who's close to NHL ready back. Similar to Dubas' sentiment of not wanting as many draft picks and preferring prospects.
      SupremeBone a aimé ceci.
      10 mars à 15 h 39
      Démarrer sujet
      Rejoint: mai 2021
      Mentions "j'aime": 71
      Quoting: palhal
      Wouldn't the
      Oilers just be better signing a UFA goalie than spending 5m on Jarry (who has M NTC). Oilers have Skinner, and they need cap.
      Reilly doesn't seem to worth 5m now, so can't see any team with cap taking him, without sending cap back in return.

Reilly has been bad. He has. But he's not SO bad that you would have to pay to move him. I mean I'm not saying you'd be able to get a good prospect for him but someone who you like that was drafted in the 4th-5th round and is 21? Yeah you could probably fetch that.
      10 mars à 15 h 48
      JimmyPaek
      Rejoint: avr. 2019
      Mentions "j'aime": 1,175
      There is no retooling this mess.
      Jukesy a aimé ceci.

Répondre
      To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
      Question:
      Options:
      Ajouter une option
      Soumettre le sondage