SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(CGY/DAL/NJD) - Tanev for Grushnikov, 2024 2nd (DAL), 2026 4th (DAL), 2026 3rd (DAL) for Brady

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

29 févr. à 10 h 9
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 26
Quoting: Leafsfan98
IMO, 1st = 2 2nds+3rd

What Calgary got for Tanev: 1 2nd, 1 former 2nd and 1 3rd...

I think Calgary's pretty happy with their return

The only way they get the 3rd is if the Stars make the SCF, otherwise it’s a trade for a late second and a C level prospect
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 10 h 12
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,991
Quoting: Jim_N1ll
The only way they get the 3rd is if the Stars make the SCF, otherwise it’s a trade for a late second and a C level prospect

I like the Stars chances to make it... Good veteran leadership, heart, an abundance of talent, an insane goalie, a relatively good coach, solid defensive core

And Grushnikov is a former 2nd round pick, there's a reason for that
29 févr. à 10 h 17
Quoting: Leafsfan98
I like the Stars chances to make it... Good veteran leadership, heart, an abundance of talent, an insane goalie, a relatively good coach, solid defensive core

And Grushnikov is a former 2nd round pick, there's a reason for that

Yes, and since being drafted in the second round he has done nothing but fall down the defensive depth chart. Most scouting reports before the trade had his ceiling as a bottom pairing guy, with most thinking he will end up as a 6/7th defenseman. It’s why most Stars fans are ecstatic about the trade as there were at least ten other prospects more valuable in our system.

As for the third, I think both teams would like Dallas to be sending it. Only thing is, if Stars do make the SCF, those two picks become basically an early 3rd and 4th round pick

Edit: forgot 3rd is in 2026 so even if Stars do make SCF, it’ll only effect the position of the 2nd round pick
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 10 h 22
and proud of it
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,605
Quoting: HockeyScotty
After the Avs whooped them 5-1; my first comment was: "well if that doesn't motivate Dallas to go get Tanev, I don't know what will".

Yeah, exactly. Let's hope Winnipeg is still better tonight
TheGxForum a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 10 h 34
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,991
Quoting: Jim_N1ll
Yes, and since being drafted in the second round he has done nothing but fall down the defensive depth chart. Most scouting reports before the trade had his ceiling as a bottom pairing guy, with most thinking he will end up as a 6/7th defenseman. It’s why most Stars fans are ecstatic about the trade as there were at least ten other prospects more valuable in our system.

As for the third, I think both teams would like Dallas to be sending it. Only thing is, if Stars do make the SCF, those two picks become basically an early 3rd and 4th round pick

Edit: forgot 3rd is in 2026 so even if Stars do make SCF, it’ll only effect the position of the 2nd round pick

He's still only 2 years removed from being drafted RD2 and is only 20 years old... There's still time to grow which is why I said Flames fans can be happy

TBH, my ideal finals matchup is either Toronto (duh) vs Dallas or Toronto (duh) vs Colorado so I'm rooting of you guys
29 févr. à 12 h 31
JT Miller for Hart
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 720
I feel Fabbro would’ve been a better option for the Stars, but Tanev is still a great option.
29 févr. à 13 h 34
Quoting: AK50
I feel Fabbro would’ve been a better option for the Stars, but Tanev is still a great option.

Still have enough cap to make a move at him or someone like Walker, especially if Hakanpää goes back the other way.
AK50 a aimé ceci.
29 févr. à 19 h 10
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 2,373
Just like that, the biggest RHD trade chip off the board for peanuts.

This TDL will be so meaningless. Get ready for the pundits to discuss the merits of Ilya Lyubushkin all day on deadline day.
29 févr. à 22 h 48
Banni
Quoting: Andy_Dick
Just like that, the biggest RHD trade chip off the board for peanuts.

This TDL will be so meaningless. Get ready for the pundits to discuss the merits of Ilya Lyubushkin all day on deadline day.

Just like that Ilya Lyubushkin watch is over LMAO
29 févr. à 22 h 51
Banni
Quoting: TN_T
Tanev wasnt worth a first this year for the same reason Schenn wasnt worth a first last year. These players are important and useful, but if you dont put up big scoring numbers you just dont have massive value. Every cup winning team needs players like this, but none of them pay big assets or money to acquire them and thats part of the value of them.

Antoine Vermette and Paul Gaustad say hello! Martin Erat and his 21 points on the year went for Filip Forsberg. The examples are endless. This return is weak..
1 mars à 13 h 50
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,159
And Grushnikov has become an incredibly overrated prospect already. Shocking
Jim_N1ll a aimé ceci.
2 mars à 19 h 12
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Quoting: Trailblazer15
What does Brady add to the deal? Was the trade for Jersey initially just retain Tanev and get a fourth? Was the trade sent to the NHL and they were like 'Hey you can't do that since it is technically just New Jersey buying a fourth rounder for 1.125 million', so then the Devils said 'Fine we'll add the signing rights to a guy whose rights expire in a few months and we have no intention of signing' just so they could say they contributed to the deal in some way?

I think you’ve got that exactly right. Teams can’t just trade salary retention for a draft pick. They have to give up something to get the player, then they can flip him for something they think is more valuable. I don’t know why they can’t trade future considerations to get him, but it’s usually a prospect they have no interest in signing.
2 mars à 21 h 8
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 548
Considering the number of teams that were reported to have wanted Tanev, I’m a little surprised Calgary didn’t get a 1st-round pick for him with maximum retention, but if they think Grushnikov is a good prospect, they may have actually preferred this deal. He was a mid 2nd-round pick in 2021. I don’t know if he is rated higher or lower than he was then, but the fact that he’s had three more years of development time than a 2024 draft pick is worth something. As we’ve seen in some of their other trades, I don’t think Calgary wants to just stockpile draft picks and wait for them to develop. They seem to prefer to get back something that has the potential to pay off sooner.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage