Publié: 14 févr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Accurate/Prorated
LTIR activée: Oui
Journées à la saison: 192
Journées restantes: 64
Saison restante: 33%
Masse salariale projetée avant les jours restants Info-bulle : 84 424 936 $
Description
If the predators dip a bit and fall out of the race, do you think the predators would have any interest in moving ROR? I think he would be such a good fit in Boston.
Transactions
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $87 008 334 $4 500 000 $0 $-3 508 334 $
Masse salariale proratée

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 125 000 $2 041 667 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 250 000 $1 750 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
11 250 000 $3 750 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 300 000 $766 667 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Predators de Nashville
4 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 000 000 $1 333 333 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 000 000 $333 333 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 750 000 $1 583 333 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
775 000 $258 333 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
775 000 $258 333 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 000 000 $666 667 $
C, AD
RFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
787 500 $262 500 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 500 000 $2 166 667 $
DG
NTC, NMC
UFA - 7
Logo de Bruins de Boston
9 500 000 $3 166 667 $
DD
UFA - 7
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 000 000 $1 666 667 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 687 500 $1 229 167 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 100 000 $1 366 667 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 475 000 $1 158 333 $
G
RFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 050 000 $350 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Bruins de Boston
775 000 $258 333 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 000 000 $333 333 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
800 000 $266 667 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
870 000 $290 000 $ (Bonis de performance80 000 $$80K)
C
RFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
775 000 $258 333 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 févr. à 11 h 52
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,234
Zero reason for NSH to trade him, and BOS doesn't have much in the way of futures to offer for him.
nativewulf et TheOntarioBruin05 a aimé ceci.
14 févr. à 11 h 52
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3,421
ROR was brought in to be a mentor for our younger players. Can't imagine he goes anywhere unless it's for some crazy package.

You can probably make a pitch on Novak, though
14 févr. à 11 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,008
Quoting: Ennis
ROR was brought in to be a mentor for our younger players. Can't imagine he goes anywhere unless it's for some crazy package.

You can probably make a pitch on Novak, though

no interest.
14 févr. à 11 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
Quoting: gmgb
Zero reason for NSH to trade him, and BOS doesn't have much in the way of futures to offer for him.

first off, sure they do.

secondly, does this nashville group contend over the duration of his contract? I'm not seeing some route for them to take a massive leap. I can absolutely see a route to ROR regressing, and being really hard to trade.
14 févr. à 12 h 4
Quoting: Bcarlo25
first off, sure they do.

secondly, does this nashville group contend over the duration of his contract? I'm not seeing some route for them to take a massive leap. I can absolutely see a route to ROR regressing, and being really hard to trade.

That's fine. You asked, and we gave an answer. He was brought in to be a leader. We have a lot of young players that need leadership. If he regresses, fine. The goal wasn't to sign him then flip him lmao
nativewulf, gmgb et SydBarrett a aimé ceci.
14 févr. à 12 h 7
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 176
first off, sure they do.

What assets would you give up then, cause right now ROR is a top line center making 4.5 mil for the next four years. That seems like its worth a lot of draft capital and young players.

And yeah Nashville can absolutely be contending again in 3 or 4 years if they trade assets and draft correctly that's exactly when a lot of their prospects are going to be coming into their primes. ROR may regress but his contract is never going to be hard to trade. Because he's a Stanley Cup winner, locker room leader, faceoff guy, penalty killer, powerplay guy, and does all the right things. The cap is gonna go up and Nashville will always be able to retain half. So even if he's only playing on the 4th line a 36 year old ROR will still have value and will be a player that teams want for a playoff run.
gmgb a aimé ceci.
14 févr. à 12 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
That's fine. You asked, and we gave an answer. He was brought in to be a leader. We have a lot of young players that need leadership. If he regresses, fine. The goal wasn't to sign him then flip him lmao

uhhhh no, what i got from the post i was responding to wasn't an answer. of course boston has the futures to get ROR from a value perspective. it's absurd to suggest otherwise.
14 févr. à 12 h 9
uhhhh no, what i got from the post i was responding to wasn't an answer. of course boston has the futures to get ROR from a value perspective. it's absurd to suggest otherwise.

Unless you're willing to move a high tier center prospect for a player we have no desire to trade then sure, be my guest lmfao.
nativewulf, gmgb et herzausstein a aimé ceci.
14 févr. à 12 h 9
first off, sure they do.

O'Reilly was brought in mainly to be a mentor to the young players, and for them to have someone decent to play with. Just throwing all your prospects out there, without any on ice leadership usually doesn't help them grow. I imagine NSH and O'Reilly both plan for him to play out the duration of his contract in NSH.

And what futures does BOS have to offer, if that wasn't the case? They don't have this year's 1st, and their only prospect of note is a RW - the deepest area of NSH's prospect pool. The Preds already have guys with equal to higher ceilings at that position.
nativewulf et Ennis a aimé ceci.
14 févr. à 12 h 24
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,865
More than you would ever be willing to part with. You see.... Nashville’s center depth right now is....
RoR
Sissons (3C)
McCarron (waiver fodder)
Jankowsk (ahler)

And our pipeline has a couple guys that may peak with middle 6 C upside if things go their way. So i want a center prospect with a high probability of top line potential or a RHD propsect with a high probability of 1st pairing potential. Outside of that beyond zero interest in trading
Ennis et gmgb a aimé ceci.
14 févr. à 12 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
O'Reilly was brought in mainly to be a mentor to the young players, and for them to have someone decent to play with. Just throwing all your prospects out there, without any on ice leadership usually doesn't help them grow. I imagine NSH and O'Reilly both plan for him to play out the duration of his contract in NSH.

And what futures does BOS have to offer, if that wasn't the case? They don't have this year's 1st, and their only prospect of note is a RW - the deepest area of NSH's prospect pool. The Preds already have guys with equal to higher ceilings at that position.

I would look up mason lohrei. he's their top prospect.
14 févr. à 12 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
Unless you're willing to move a high tier center prospect for a player we have no desire to trade then sure, be my guest lmfao.

what about that was supposed to make anyone laugh?
14 févr. à 12 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
Quoting: nativewulf
What assets would you give up then, cause right now ROR is a top line center making 4.5 mil for the next four years. That seems like its worth a lot of draft capital and young players.

And yeah Nashville can absolutely be contending again in 3 or 4 years if they trade assets and draft correctly that's exactly when a lot of their prospects are going to be coming into their primes. ROR may regress but his contract is never going to be hard to trade. Because he's a Stanley Cup winner, locker room leader, faceoff guy, penalty killer, powerplay guy, and does all the right things. The cap is gonna go up and Nashville will always be able to retain half. So even if he's only playing on the 4th line a 36 year old ROR will still have value and will be a player that teams want for a playoff run.

Lets talk about the path nashville has to contending. what does it look like? i'm curious because i just don't see one with this group.
14 févr. à 12 h 57
what about that was supposed to make anyone laugh?

Don't make a post asking about opinions then get mad when people give you their opinions
SydBarrett et nativewulf a aimé ceci.
14 févr. à 13 h 14
I would look up mason lohrei. he's their top prospect.

I think Lysell has the higher ceiling, but it's a moot point. Neither really moves the needle, and Lohrei would have a difficult path to the NHL, in NSH. The Preds left side D depth chart looks like this:

Josi (signed for four more years after this one)
McDonagh (two more years after this one)
Lauzon (two more years after this one)
Stastney (NHL ready, and not waivers exempt anymore next season)
Del Gaizo (NHL ready, and not waivers exempt anymore next season)
Molendyk (AHL eligible next season. Higher upside than Lohrei)

I'd have nothing against taking a flyer on Lohrei and having him to create roster competition next season. Not at the expense of NSH's best center though. He's not a conversation starter, for O'Reilly.
nativewulf a aimé ceci.
14 févr. à 13 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
I think Lysell has the higher ceiling, but it's a moot point. Neither really moves the needle, and Lohrei would have a difficult path to the NHL, in NSH. The Preds left side D depth chart looks like this:

Josi (signed for four more years after this one)
McDonagh (two more years after this one)
Lauzon (two more years after this one)
Stastney (NHL ready, and not waivers exempt anymore next season)
Del Gaizo (NHL ready, and not waivers exempt anymore next season)
Molendyk (AHL eligible next season. Higher upside than Lohrei)

I'd have nothing against taking a flyer on Lohrei and having him to create roster competition next season. Not at the expense of NSH's best center though. He's not a conversation starter, for O'Reilly.

Josi and McDonagh, sure. Lohrei is better today than any of the other guys. There are very few blue lines in the NHL that he isn't a regular on - boston just happens to have one of them. Taking a flyer on him? c'mon.
14 févr. à 13 h 28
Lets talk about the path nashville has to contending. what does it look like? i'm curious because i just don't see one with this group.

I mean I'll answer the question but I think it'd be more polite to answer mine first before asking me another. so I'll say it again, what would you give up to get a top line center making 4.5 mil until 26-27

So Nashville's biggest needs right now are a top pairing RD and center depth. Specifically a long term center for the future. They are looking at trading Saros for one of those pieces so let's assume they make a trade to get one of those pieces. As an example I'll use Carolina. Let's say they trade Saros and get Necas or Morrow in return. They now have someone who can play center behind ROR and get experience and provide better depth or play on the top pairing alongside Josi. Assuming then that they trade Novak they can get another 1st this year. Maybe you package those in a trade to get one of the top 4 centers in this draft like Helenius or a top RD like Parekh. Factor in you've got prospects like Ryan Ufko, Tanner Molendyk, Matt Wood, Askarov, Kemell, L'Hereaux, Svechkov, Graham Sward, and the list goes on. They've got a top 10 prospect pool and if only half of these guys hit their projections or get close you've got your middle six and top 4 D men. Filip Forsberg will only be 33 and Roman Josi will be the same age as O'Reilly. I don't see any of those three having such a significant fall off that they're not going to help the team compete for a Stanley Cup. So assuming like I said in the first post that Trotz trades his assets right and drafts smart. In 3 years the Predators could absolutely be contending again. It's not like they're the Sharks, no offense to Sharks fans or the team. Nashville isn't perfect but they're not full of holes. They're competing for a playoff spot right now even though we sold assets last year and planned on starting to rebuild/retool. They have a lot of prospects with upside and just a few need to hit to get them back in the playoff mix. Not to mention free agents seem to love Nashville and it's an attractive spot to land any guys that find themselves without a team every summer. so yeah you may not see it but the Predators absolutely have a chance to be competing and contending in the next few years
14 févr. à 13 h 30
Syd Barret
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 472
Don't make a post asking about opinions then get mad when people give you their opinions

This dude seems like a straight clown.
Who asks what it would take to get your top center signed for only 4.5 mil. then just replies to every post like your team sucks and that some low end prospects are worth trading a teams top center for lol.
Wasn't it only a few years ago Oreilly won the cup AND conn smythe?
it would probably take at least two firsts based on Boston's utter lack of any blue chip or even high end prospects.
Surely a 23yr old center who hasn't even broken in the nhl yet can't be their top prospect? And he obviously won't be the center piece for a top 6 two way center signed cheap for 4 years lol
Ennis, nativewulf et gmgb a aimé ceci.
14 févr. à 13 h 34
Quoting: SydBarrett
Who asks what it would take to get your top center signed for only 4.5 mil. then just replies to every post like your team sucks and that some low end prospects are worth trading a teams top center for lol.
it would probably take at least two firsts based on Boston's utter lack of any blue chip or even high end prospects.
Surely a 23yr old center who hasn't even broken in the nhl yet can't be their top prospect? And he obviously won't be the center piece for a top 6 two way center signed cheap for 4 years lol

Combine that with Trotz having 0 desire or need to trade our top line veteran C who's been a great locker room and community presence. It'd take more than what Boston would be willing to offer and with Lysell being their "best" prospect, it's not appealing.
gmgb a aimé ceci.
14 févr. à 13 h 35
Josi and McDonagh, sure. Lohrei is better today than any of the other guys. There are very few blue lines in the NHL that he isn't a regular on - boston just happens to have one of them. Taking a flyer on him? c'mon.

If he was better than Lauzon he'd be in the league. Statsney is an AHL allstar and posted better numbers in the NHL but went down because he was waiver eligible if he played under 10 games and Barrie wouldn't be. Molendyk is 19 and Trotz stated he very seriously considered signing him to the NHL roster but because of the log jam let him go back to the WHL to get more experience. I get you like your guys and value them differently, but everybody has a different perception of players, and outside looking in Lohrei and Statsney and Del Gaizo are pretty comparable.
gmgb a aimé ceci.
14 févr. à 13 h 47

Isn't BOS' left side composed of Grzelcyk, Forbort and Wotherspoon? Not exactly an elite group that it would be impossible for even an average player to break into.

Even if you feel Lohrei is better than all of Lauzon, Stastney, Del Gaizo, etc, why is NSH moving their top center to add another bottom pair defenceman, they already have a glut of solid ones? That's just terrible roster management.
14 févr. à 13 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
I mean I'll answer the question but I think it'd be more polite to answer mine first before asking me another. so I'll say it again, what would you give up to get a top line center making 4.5 mil until 26-27

So Nashville's biggest needs right now are a top pairing RD and center depth. Specifically a long term center for the future. They are looking at trading Saros for one of those pieces so let's assume they make a trade to get one of those pieces. As an example I'll use Carolina. Let's say they trade Saros and get Necas or Morrow in return. They now have someone who can play center behind ROR and get experience and provide better depth or play on the top pairing alongside Josi. Assuming then that they trade Novak they can get another 1st this year. Maybe you package those in a trade to get one of the top 4 centers in this draft like Helenius or a top RD like Parekh. Factor in you've got prospects like Ryan Ufko, Tanner Molendyk, Matt Wood, Askarov, Kemell, L'Hereaux, Svechkov, Graham Sward, and the list goes on. They've got a top 10 prospect pool and if only half of these guys hit their projections or get close you've got your middle six and top 4 D men. Filip Forsberg will only be 33 and Roman Josi will be the same age as O'Reilly. I don't see any of those three having such a significant fall off that they're not going to help the team compete for a Stanley Cup. So assuming like I said in the first post that Trotz trades his assets right and drafts smart. In 3 years the Predators could absolutely be contending again. It's not like they're the Sharks, no offense to Sharks fans or the team. Nashville isn't perfect but they're not full of holes. They're competing for a playoff spot right now even though we sold assets last year and planned on starting to rebuild/retool. They have a lot of prospects with upside and just a few need to hit to get them back in the playoff mix. Not to mention free agents seem to love Nashville and it's an attractive spot to land any guys that find themselves without a team every summer. so yeah you may not see it but the Predators absolutely have a chance to be competing and contending in the next few years

Okay, I'll get to your question at the end, but I definitely think you're painting a pretty rosey picture that isn't realistic.

So, we're talking about this season, and the next three - the term that ROR has. You mentioned three players that you don't see there being a decline on, Filip Forsberg, currently 29, Roman Josi, currently 33, and ROR, currently 33. When we're talking about Forsberg, in all likelihood his prime is something we're talking about in the past tense. Usually speedy wingers have a prime between 22-29, and very frequently there is a sharp decline after 30. When you're saying a scoring winger will, "only be 33," we're off to a rough start. ROR, listen he's playing great this year - there are a lot of reasons for that - but everyone should expect that there will be a decline with each passing year. Josi, tough to tell. Usually D men age better, but I think we can all agree he's out of his prime. Still very good, but not the player he was.

Now, the prospects - you say if half of them fill their projections - ya. of course. that would be an extremely high rate of hitting on prospects. plan on 20%-25%. You're also listing a bunch of fourth and fifth rounders that haven't played a professional game. Those guys have a really low rate of panning out. If they do - you think they're making up the core group of a contender in the next 3-4 years? That's a serious stretch.

That Saros trade - ya, that's a real stretch. Necas and they're best prospect? I don't think they would get Necas.

I'm still not seeing a path. Let's say by some miracle, Forsberg, ROR, and Josi are the same players they are today - and yes, that would be a minor miracle. Where's the scoring depth? What is that blue line looking like? Who is in net?

On to O'Reilly - he's playing as Nashville's top center, but I sort of doubt the league will see him as such. He's getting a ton of minutes - more than any contender will be able to give him. He's done a massive portion of his scoring on the powerplay, and most contenders aren't going to have that kind of powerplay time to give. He ranks 49th among centers in even strength scoring. For reference, that's behind a guy like Trent Frederic (though in fairness he's barely a center), who gets about 65% of the TOI of O'Reilly. I think most teams look at him as a really good 3C. Under normal circumstances, that's probably a Monahan price tag, though I do think it should be more given that like you said, Nashville is under no obligation to trade him.

That being said, I think too things happened this year that would likely have surprised Barry Trotz, that could lead him to consider moving the player.
1. O'Reilly performing as well as he has
2. Nashville being worse than management expected.

From a risk mitigation standpoint, I would think that Trotz can absolutely see a scenario where ROR takes a step back, as do the predators, and that deal becomes something that can be moved for neutral value at best. If I'm Boston, I would most a first and a good prospect for him. If that's a non-starter, I get it. However I don't think it's completely impossible that Trotz would view it as a pretty big success to buy a first round pick + for paying ROR for a few months, and i don't find it ridiculous that O'Reilly would be eager to play for a contender for the rest of his career.
14 févr. à 13 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
Quoting: SydBarrett

the horror of asking questions, the absolute horror
14 févr. à 14 h 25
Okay, I'll get to your question at the end, but I definitely think you're painting a pretty rosey picture that isn't realistic.

So, we're talking about this season, and the next three - the term that ROR has. You mentioned three players that you don't see there being a decline on, Filip Forsberg, currently 29, Roman Josi, currently 33, and ROR, currently 33. When we're talking about Forsberg, in all likelihood his prime is something we're talking about in the past tense. Usually speedy wingers have a prime between 22-29, and very frequently there is a sharp decline after 30. When you're saying a scoring winger will, "only be 33," we're off to a rough start. ROR, listen he's playing great this year - there are a lot of reasons for that - but everyone should expect that there will be a decline with each passing year. Josi, tough to tell. Usually D men age better, but I think we can all agree he's out of his prime. Still very good, but not the player he was.

Now, the prospects - you say if half of them fill their projections - ya. of course. that would be an extremely high rate of hitting on prospects. plan on 20%-25%. You're also listing a bunch of fourth and fifth rounders that haven't played a professional game. Those guys have a really low rate of panning out. If they do - you think they're making up the core group of a contender in the next 3-4 years? That's a serious stretch.

That Saros trade - ya, that's a real stretch. Necas and they're best prospect? I don't think they would get Necas.

I'm still not seeing a path. Let's say by some miracle, Forsberg, ROR, and Josi are the same players they are today - and yes, that would be a minor miracle. Where's the scoring depth? What is that blue line looking like? Who is in net?

On to O'Reilly - he's playing as Nashville's top center, but I sort of doubt the league will see him as such. He's getting a ton of minutes - more than any contender will be able to give him. He's done a massive portion of his scoring on the powerplay, and most contenders aren't going to have that kind of powerplay time to give. He ranks 49th among centers in even strength scoring. For reference, that's behind a guy like Trent Frederic (though in fairness he's barely a center), who gets about 65% of the TOI of O'Reilly. I think most teams look at him as a really good 3C. Under normal circumstances, that's probably a Monahan price tag, though I do think it should be more given that like you said, Nashville is under no obligation to trade him.

That being said, I think too things happened this year that would likely have surprised Barry Trotz, that could lead him to consider moving the player.
1. O'Reilly performing as well as he has
2. Nashville being worse than management expected.

From a risk mitigation standpoint, I would think that Trotz can absolutely see a scenario where ROR takes a step back, as do the predators, and that deal becomes something that can be moved for neutral value at best. If I'm Boston, I would most a first and a good prospect for him. If that's a non-starter, I get it. However I don't think it's completely impossible that Trotz would view it as a pretty big success to buy a first round pick + for paying ROR for a few months, and i don't find it ridiculous that O'Reilly would be eager to play for a contender for the rest of his career.

I said not a large decline. So no they might not be top of the line players, but they'll still be contributing. And Forsberg is more of a power forward at this point in his career and definitely uses his hands more than his feet to beat defenders.

Sward and Ufko were the only players I listed that weren't first rounders. One was a Hobey Baker nominee and the other is leading the WHL in dman scoring. So they're not just their draft slot.

You didn't read the comment on the trade because I said,"Necas or Morrow". And Elliot Friedman thinks that might be a possibility so just throwing it out there. And it doesn't have to be them any team might give up a nice prospect in that realm.

Scoring depth L'Hereaux, Kemell, Wood, Evangelista, Tomasino, Svechkov, and Afanasyev just a few of the prospects who are playing well at their respective levels and will be playing in the NHL in 3 years. All picked in the top 2 rounds as well.

Blue line is probably something like Kulonummi, Ufko, Molendyk, Statsney, Josi, Livingstone, or whoever they may draft or sign in the offseason. All of these guys project to be solid Blue liners at the NHL level if they're not already knocking on the door.

In goal would be Saros or Askarov.

So yeah you might not see it but there's a path, and I didn't name half the prospects in the Preds pipeline that are doing well, just my personal favorites. Do a little research on these guys and you'll see that even if we assume 20-25% of the Preds picks hit their projections that is still around 8 guys. The Preds have about 32 guys in their system who have a realistic chance of making the show. Not including other guys they draft or sign in free agency.

Either way this is a mean spirited argument to make saying you can't see a team turning around and performing better or contending. The NHL has the most parity between teams of any major 4 league, any team can win in a good year. But things have to go right that's the picture I painted, don't criticize my post for being on the better side because of course you have to assume the team does well in certain areas to be contending again.

And Final point ROR if he was on the market would get way more than a first and prospect. Term and all, so Boston's offer gets beat.
14 févr. à 14 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
I said not a large decline. So no they might not be top of the line players, but they'll still be contributing. And Forsberg is more of a power forward at this point in his career and definitely uses his hands more than his feet to beat defenders.

Sward and Ufko were the only players I listed that weren't first rounders. One was a Hobey Baker nominee and the other is leading the WHL in dman scoring. So they're not just their draft slot.

You didn't read the comment on the trade because I said,"Necas or Morrow". And Elliot Friedman thinks that might be a possibility so just throwing it out there. And it doesn't have to be them any team might give up a nice prospect in that realm.

Scoring depth L'Hereaux, Kemell, Wood, Evangelista, Tomasino, Svechkov, and Afanasyev just a few of the prospects who are playing well at their respective levels and will be playing in the NHL in 3 years. All picked in the top 2 rounds as well.

Blue line is probably something like Kulonummi, Ufko, Molendyk, Statsney, Josi, Livingstone, or whoever they may draft or sign in the offseason. All of these guys project to be solid Blue liners at the NHL level if they're not already knocking on the door.

In goal would be Saros or Askarov.

So yeah you might not see it but there's a path, and I didn't name half the prospects in the Preds pipeline that are doing well, just my personal favorites. Do a little research on these guys and you'll see that even if we assume 20-25% of the Preds picks hit their projections that is still around 8 guys. The Preds have about 32 guys in their system who have a realistic chance of making the show. Not including other guys they draft or sign in free agency.

Either way this is a mean spirited argument to make saying you can't see a team turning around and performing better or contending. The NHL has the most parity between teams of any major 4 league, any team can win in a good year. But things have to go right that's the picture I painted, don't criticize my post for being on the better side because of course you have to assume the team does well in certain areas to be contending again.

And Final point ROR if he was on the market would get way more than a first and prospect. Term and all, so Boston's offer gets beat.

I don't see why this is mean spirited at all. I certianly didn't mean it as such, and the only way I can see it devolving into one is if anyone has a problem with suggesting that certain teams aren't contenders.

Overall I would say that I think you have an incredibly optimistic view of the next few years. Every team has a ton of guys that they think can be NHLers - otherwise they wouldn't have drafted/signed them. The reality is that the majority of highly touted prospects don't become regular NHLers. There is a precedent for the progression of a retool/rebuild, and my question is, do you think this team has bottomed out? That's a huge part of this. If the predators are ready next season to incorporate a bunch of kids, and have a lineup mixed with youth and vets that they think can compete....okay, then this makes some sense. I'm not in that boat though. I think they bottom out next year, and the following year is when they start adding youth. Then all of a sudden the timeline for ROR doesn't make a ton of sense.

Now, you introduced a new topic, value. Why are other contenders blowing the doors off that offer? We've seen that a lot of the time the trade market does not view term as a good thing, and based on what I said regarding RORs even strength offensive performance, why do you think this offer is easily beat?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage