SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game

Columbus GMs Thread

9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 10
Go Jackets
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,712
Main Thread for Columbus GMs to discuss.
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 11
ItsInTheNet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 89
What are the movable assets and what is untouchable?
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Quoting: TopCornerShot

Goaltending is basically untouchable. I have Elvis Merzlikins signed as wel and he's another excellent goalie prospect. I have an additional full list of college free agent/ un drafted free agent guys I'd like to target who'd be on ELCs but that list is off site
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Everything else is fair game, but Werenski and PLD are very hard for me to move.
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 14
ItsInTheNet
Quoting: matt59

Goaltending is basically untouchable. I have Elvis Merzlikins signed as wel and he's another excellent goalie prospect. I have an additional full list of college free agent/ un drafted free agent guys I'd like to target who'd be on ELCs but that list is off site

Yeah I'd like to trade all of our C's. They all have downsides and if we can flip some youth into mid aged consistent players I'd do that too.
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets

Yeah I'd like to trade all of our C's. They all have downsides and if we can flip some youth into mid aged consistent players I'd do that too.

Galchenyuk is the one guy I'd like to keep, although I'd be open to moving him to wing as well. I really like his speed and he has a very good shot. Getzlaf I'm very open to moving, Perreault I think you've persuaded me a bit.
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 23
ItsInTheNet

Galchenyuk is the one guy I'd like to keep, although I'd be open to moving him to wing as well. I really like his speed and he has a very good shot. Getzlaf I'm very open to moving, Perreault I think you've persuaded me a bit.

Gally is solid but he's not untouchable. He's okay, but I'd trade him for Victor Rask + some defensive help.
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Topcorner, just as a heads up try and keep the comments about previous trades of other GMs besides the deals I've made to yourself. At least in game its frowned upon to 'review" the trades of others publicly no matter how off valuations seem to be
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets

Gally is solid but he's not untouchable. He's okay, but I'd trade him for Victor Rask + some defensive help.

I feel like Rask is a downgrade at center from Galchenyuk, no?
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 26
ItsInTheNet

Yeah exactly, but if he was our 2nd C and we got a legit top 4 Defenseman as well for Gally I'm like "that's good to go!" It really depends on the defenseman we acquire.
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Also, do you have an email (preferrably non-personal email) that I could contact you directly? Just wanted to reach out and give some guidelines to the game that would probably help make things easier.
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets

Yeah exactly, but if he was our 2nd C and we got a legit top 4 Defenseman as well for Gally I'm like "that's good to go!" It really depends on the defenseman we acquire.

Ok, I see what you're saying.
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 29
ItsInTheNet
Also, do you have an email (preferrably non-personal email) that I could contact you directly? Just wanted to reach out and give some guidelines to the game that would probably help make things easier.

We can do it all here, I don't email. I think others should be very wary of what they see as it might not always come out of my brain the way they see it here. They'd be foolish to over believe in everything said here and it'd end up being a disadvantage to them.
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets

We can do it all here, I don't email. I think others should be very wary of what they see as it might not always come out of my brain the way they see it here. They'd be foolish to over believe in everything said here and it'd end up being a disadvantage to them.

Ok. I think as you've noticed some GMs are more difficult to deal with than others. And like I said before, try to keep the commentary about others trades to a minimum on the site as that's generally frowned upon regardless of how good/ bad a move is.
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 39
ItsInTheNet

Ok. I think as you've noticed some GMs are more difficult to deal with than others. And like I said before, try to keep the commentary about others trades to a minimum on the site as that's generally frowned upon regardless of how good/ bad a move is.

It's one guy being a lady, I can handle him.... if he adds an infraction point to my record he will dearly pay for it. He thinks he's a genius.... atleast enough to throw a dog crap offer at us and think it's not insulting.
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 40
ItsInTheNet

It's one guy being a lady, I can handle him.... if he adds an infraction point to my record he will dearly pay for it. He thinks he's a genius.... atleast enough to throw a dog crap offer at us and think it's not insulting.

I've been insulted by every deal proposed to you while I was just consulting. The deals aren't even close and these guys have no mojo. I think they'll see what's up when I talk to them more.
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets

You really need to be careful with the language... I get some of the offers made on this game are really bad but the site moderators are extremely picky in terms of that kind of stuff and they're not afraid to hand out 30 day bans on the site for that kind of stuff.
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets

You really need to be careful with the language... I get some of the offers made on this game are really bad but the site moderators are extremely picky in terms of that kind of stuff and they're not afraid to hand out 30 day bans on the site for that kind of stuff.

That's the main reason I wanted to see if we could communicate off-site because it's hard to accurately discuss most offers here
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 42
ItsInTheNet

Yeah I think I can straddle the line. If their offer is crap I'm going to say it's crap and that's a fair assessment if it truly is crap. The moderators have a tricky position because they should never ban someone for telling the absolute truth.
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets

Yeah I think I can straddle the line. If their offer is crap I'm going to say it's crap and that's a fair assessment if it truly is crap. The moderators have a tricky position because they should never ban someone for telling the absolute truth.

Just try and avoid critiquing the rosters of others for now. It's fine to dissect our roster but other GMs do not take it lightly when their rosters are dissected from the outside. Just try and reel yourself in a little bit, please.
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 54
ItsInTheNet

Just try and avoid critiquing the rosters of others for now. It's fine to dissect our roster but other GMs do not take it lightly when their rosters are dissected from the outside. Just try and reel yourself in a little bit, please.

Sure I can do that, I just don't like when people come in with literally the stupidest deals for us and think its an okay thing to do. It's not even close to fair value at all.
9 juill. 2017 à 18 h 55
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
Guys TCS has been given an automatic level 2 infraction for carrying out an argument re his report. TCS you are not allowed to post anything in the next 24 hours in this forum as punishment.
9 juill. 2017 à 23 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
NOTE FOR TOP CORNER SHOT
At midnight I go on level two infraction. That means I will not be allowed to answer any trade offers or anything on site. I will be back by Tuesday morning. You are also on level 2 infraction for a day so just take the whole day off, I was able to make a pretty good deal here (Werenski for Provorov and DeHaan) before the infraction kicks in. So enjoy the day off, DO NOT POST Anything regarding the GM Game on Capfriendly. (Even if you read this DO NOT respond) Let's make sure we stay out of trouble so we can make more moves in the future ?

See you back here on Tuesday.
11 juill. 2017 à 0 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Go Jackets
Topcorner, were now good to discuss deals and such here again.
11 juill. 2017 à 17 h 46
ItsInTheNet
Oh, I thought you weren't coming on until tonight.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage