Forums/Armchair-GM

Way Too Early 2024 2025 Predictions With Explanations

Créé par: NorthernLeafsFan05
Équipe: 2024-25 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 12 janv. 2024
Publié: 12 janv. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
It's no secret that the Leafs are going to have a ton of money locked up in their core group next season. Much is being made of this fact, but in reality we have actually got quite a bit of cap space to work with. As long as the Leafs front office is smart with their spending and priorities, this team could easily take steps forward even with ~55 mil being spent on the core 5.

First, I want to touch briefly on the trades. I have put my reasoning in the additional details so I won't go too in depth, but I want to touch on why I think these 2 guys are getting dealt. To put it simply, they are Dubas guys. It's clear that Treliving wants a beefier roster with defensively capable puck movers on the back end and all offense forwards up front. Timmins, despite being one of my favourite Leafs, just doesn't fit that archetype. I personally dont think that we should move on from him, but he is not being utilized in Keefe's system and is not responsible enough in his own end. I think he's going to get moved for peanuts. Robertson is another guy who I think is nearing his end as a Leaf, as his small stature doesn't bring the physicality Treliving wants up front and Keefe doesn't trust him at all. Shipping him to Anaheim seems like a good bet, and getting back a prospect who fits the bill for Treliving would be alright with me.

Now onto the construction of the forward group. Both Steeves and Holmberg lose their waiver exemptions next season, so the Leafs will have to make a decision on them. Steeves is an excellent young player and has done everything he can for the Marlies. It's time to start giving him NHL minutes. The same can be said about Holmberg, minus the "needing NHL minutes" because he is already getting them. Hell, Keefe preferred Holmberg to Robertson. I think he is a lock to make this team next season, and he will likely sub in as 4C to start. With Holmberg looking likely to make the jump full time next season and Kampf locked down for the foreseeable future, there is unfortunately no room for Domi. Bertuzzi hasn't produced well, but unless he gets dealt at the TDL I think the Leafs will try and re-sign him. If he does get moved, I'd let to try and pry Kuzmenko and Silovs out of Vancouver. Now for the new additions. Nick Cousins was a guy I really wanted before he went to Florida. He's a very useful bottom 6 player with some grit. He'd make a great Leaf. Brandon Duhaime is another guy I'd absolutely love to sign. Hes a great penalty killer and a speedy physical presence for the 4th line. Kuzmenko would be the perfect compliment to Matthews and Marner, and shouldn't cost much considering Vancouver would like to move his deal (in this case, I have the Leafs acquiring him at the TDL to make way for other trades). Frederik Olofsson is the only other new addition at forward here, and I really like the idea of bringing him in for depth.

Time for the blue line. I know that Chris Tanev has been the apple of Treliving's eye for a little while now, but I'd personally prefer to see the Leafs get younger. If he is willing to take a pretty significant discount, then by all means give him Desharnais' money, but I really don't want to see the Leafs dish out a significant amount of money to a guy on the wrong side of 30. Here, I have proposed adding Hanifin, Walker, and Desharnais, as well as calling up Rifai. Marshal Rifai is a guy who the organization clearly likes, and for good reason. He skates really well, defends quite nicely, and is a complete a**hole out on the ice. The success that Benoit has found under Keefe gives me a lot of hope for Rifai, who also loses his waiver exemption next season. I'd love to see him get a good look with the Leafs, and he could rotate with Gio. Hanifin is a guy I could see the Leafs going out and targetting at the TDL, he would completely change the dynamic of the blue line here, and it's pretty easy to facilitate an extenion. Walker brings some of that much needed offense to the blueline while still being good enough to defend adequately. Desharnais is another guy who I'd like to see the Leafs add, I think he'd round out the third pair nicely and is evidently a guy Treliving likes (talked to Edmonton about acquiring him for Lafferty prior to Vancouver trade). Like I previously mentioned, if Tanev is willing to take a huge discount to play for the Leafs, then give him Desharnais' spot. If not, then Vinny will do. I also really want to see Liljegren get a semi-long term extension, he has been excellent this season.

As for our backup goalie, there really aren't a ton of interesting options out on the Free Agent market. Maybe Talbot for his experience
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2900 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
43 250 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
77 000 000 $
32 800 000 $
1800 000 $
1775 000 $
1900 000 $
2950 000 $
55 000 000 $
11 250 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Montgomery, Bryce [Liste de réserve]
  2. Choix de 7e ronde en 2024 (CAR)
Détails additionnels:
The Hurricanes move on from Montgomery who has no real future in Carolina with guys like Nikishin and Morrow in the system. Montgomery is a big body defensive defenseman who moves well, but isn't a surefire NHL player. More of a salary move for the Leafs who don't intend on utilizing Timmins by the looks of it
CAR
  1. Timmins, Conor
Détails additionnels:
Carolina adds a young, cheap, high upside RHD for next to nothing due to Toronto's want for a move defensively sound, physical blue line. Timmins would breakout big time in Carolina
TOR
  1. Helleson, Drew
Détails additionnels:
Leafs finally give Robertson his chance to shine elsewhere and add a capable defensive defenseman with good puck moving abilities. He fits the Leo Carlsson timeline nicely and is a better long term solution that Vatrano. Good motor and an excellent shooter.
ANA
  1. Robertson, Nicholas [Droits de RFA]
Détails additionnels:
Prospect swap at 2023 TDL. Crowded Ducks blue line (Mintyukov, Zellweger, LaCombe, Luneau, Fowler, Gudas) causes the Ducks to pivot and add a talented scoring winger for their future.

Not overly familiar with Anaheim's stance on Drew Helleson, but the Ducks have a surplus of young defenseman who I'd be interested in. I could see Verbeek being hesitant about Robertson because of his size, but writing him off because of something so arbitrary would be a mistake. He plays a very complete game and drives play in the right direction.
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de NYI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CGY
Logo de VAN
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de OTT
Logo de CAR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2187 500 000 $87 219 667 $0 $0 $280 333 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA
13 250 000 $13 250 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
11 500 000 $11 500 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 8
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
RFA
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, C
UFA
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
UFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DD
RFA
766 667 $766 667 $
G
RFA - 1
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 8
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
G
UFA
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
DG/DD
UFA
950 000 $950 000 $
DD
UFA
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AG
UFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
12 janv. à 16 h 35
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 11,942
Anaheim is not trading Robertson for Helleson

A Verbeek type of guy for the opposite? No shot
12 janv. à 16 h 40
Rejoint: août 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 18
Where the heck is Bobby McMann?? Do you even watch hockey brotha Confused
12 janv. à 16 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,083
Quoting: CHIEFRAMROD420
Where the heck is Bobby McMann?? Do you even watch hockey brotha Confused

Cousins and Duhaime better compliment what I assume is Treliving's want for a physical, chippy 4th line. Duhaime is a speedy, physical presence who can PK (and does a damn good job) and Cousins is just the definition of a prick. I love Bobby, but I'm not convinced he's in the long term plans
12 janv. à 17 h 20
Rejoint: août 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 18
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Cousins and Duhaime better compliment what I assume is Treliving's want for a physical, chippy 4th line. Duhaime is a speedy, physical presence who can PK (and does a damn good job) and Cousins is just the definition of a prick. I love Bobby, but I'm not convinced he's in the long term plans

McMann is there future.. Next year will be his break out szn
12 janv. à 20 h 39
leaf fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 80
Quoting: CHIEFRAMROD420
McMann is there future.. Next year will be his break out szn

Lol. Wont even be in the playoff roster. But ok
13 janv. à 0 h 43
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,034
Man that bottom 6 and D are rough along with the backup goalie
13 janv. à 2 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,083
Quoting: aadoyle
Man that bottom 6 and D are rough along with the backup goalie

The third line is extremely similar to our current one and borrows the same philosophy as the Mikheyev - Kampf - Kase line (which was extremely successful). The fourth line here is objectively better than our current fourth line. I love Noah Gregor, but he hasn't done a whole lot as of late. McMann is decent enough, but he is really only a solid forechecker. Duhaime would fill that niche perfectly and gives up some good penalty killing ability. Cousins is super chippy, a great leader, and a complete rat. Sign me up.

The defense is also significantly better than our current group. Replace Benoit with Rifai (who is a similar defenseman), Brodie with Hanifin (ginormous upgrade), and whoever the number 6 is with Desharnais (who has been solid with the Oilers and would be a great addition to the third pair).

Goaltending is definitely a little rickety, but Lankinen's deal is fully buriable and Hildeby is right there. Not a strong FA market for goaltenders.

I'm having a really hard time seeing how this team is any worse than what we currently have. I've upgraded at nearly every position

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage