Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

26 nov. 2023 à 17 h 0
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,458
Quoting: RationalHockeyFan
It means teams don't want him on their NHL roster yes. However, he would stay in the AHL if he's traded after clearing waivers. While there probably aren't many teams who have space (roster slot or cap) to keep him on their NHL roster, Bogo is exactly the kind of veteran Dman call-up teams dream to have in the playoffs.

I think Bogosian having cleared waivers in the AHL probably has more value at the deadline than if the receiving team has to keep him on the roster. Even if the increase in value is just from more teams being able to fit an AHLer into their organization.

1. If a player is to have value on the NHL trade market, then he needs to be wanted by another NHL team.

Bogosian wasn't wanted by another NHL team when he cleared waivers and so, he should have no trade value.

2. Minnesota has lost 7 in a row and are currently in the bottom 5 of the standings.

At this rate, they are not making the playoffs, so that sort of defeats the purpose of having Bogosian as a veteran depth presence.

3. Draft picks are a form of currency on the NHL trade market.

Even 7th round picks.

Like money, draft picks have a store of value on the NHL trade market.

Because they have a store value, they are wanted and are easily tradable up until the pick needs to be used to select a player at the draft.

I'd also add that there is no limit as to how many draft picks a team can acquire.

4. I respect your opinion.
28 nov. 2023 à 20 h 26
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 855
Quoting: sensonfire
If a player clears waivers, it means they aren't wanted on another NHL team.

If anything, it should destroy his trade value.

If you grab a player on waivers, they have to make your NHL roster, otherwise, their original team gets him back. Bogosian is a good depth player / injury call-up, but the latter is not possible if you can't put him in the AHL.
28 nov. 2023 à 20 h 48
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,458
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
If you grab a player on waivers, they have to make your NHL roster, otherwise, their original team gets him back. Bogosian is a good depth player / injury call-up, but the latter is not possible if you can't put him in the AHL.

1. I never suggested Minnesota should have grabbed Bogosian on waivers.

2. A bottom pairing defenceman playing 12 minutes a night for currently one of the worst teams in the league is not a "good depth player".

3. Fair value for Bogosian is either FC or some other waivers clearance.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage