Forums/Armchair-GM

No more BS

Créé par: SHOWTIME_TTV
Équipe: 2023-24 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 27 oct. 2023
Publié: 27 oct. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
EDM's strength is supposed to be their center depth but Woodcroft ruins it by loading the top 6 in favor of petting egos and chasing scoring titles. That has to end for them to win.
I still think changes need to come at the deadline(D & G aren't good enough) but until then I'd run this lineup with emphasis on creating reliable duos throughout the lines. You play well you move up the lineup, you don't then down ya go.
Give some prospects a chance, or better yet have 97/29/93 take them under their wings and help(like the great centers on great teams do). Not every prospect has zero hockey IQ like Puljujarvi, give them a chance to prove what they can do!
I don't want to see 11/7 anymore! Run 4 lines deep and play with some physicality/energy! I'd send Broberg down. He needs to play more.
Desharnais getting as look with Ekholm could lead to a solid defensive minded pairing. He blocks and hits more than Bouchard. I'm not saying Desharnais is a better player than Bouchard but I will say that Bouchard's defense is garbage! EDM needs DEFENSE!
Injuries are bound to happen but that's why you develop in Bakersfield and play the next man up when needed. No BS, just work. Speaking of, Pederson wants it more than Erne... let go of these ridiculous DET loyalties already!
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de NSH
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2183 500 000 $83 128 292 $850 000 $3 875 000 $371 708 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 3
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
874 125 $874 125 $
AD, C
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance650 000 $$650K)
AG, C
RFA - 1
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 6
775 000 $775 000 $ (Bonis de performance3 225 000 $$3M)
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
C
RFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
C
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
G
UFA - 3
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
DD
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
27 oct. 2023 à 16 h 21
Save Mcdavid
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,306
Desharnais finds a way to be worse defensively than Bouchard.

I agree with the statement on the offence but Desharnais should never play lmao
27 oct. 2023 à 16 h 33
Démarrer sujet
What time is it
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 71
Quoting: Drshnuckels91
Desharnais finds a way to be worse defensively than Bouchard.

I agree with the statement on the offence but Desharnais should never play lmao

Desharnais blocks and hits more per 60 than Bouchard.
Giving him a pillar on the left like Ekholm could improve his play significantly. Bouchard is a winger with a cannon of a shot.
DownToATee a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2023 à 16 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 282
I dont think Desharnais should still be played, Broberg has been better by a decent margin.
I'd run:

Nuge - McD - Hyman
Kane - Drai - Brown
Hollo - Cloud - Foegs
Janmark - Pede - Ryan

Nurse - Ceci
Broberg - Ekholm
Kulak - Bouch

Waive Erne, scratch Desh.
27 oct. 2023 à 17 h 6
Démarrer sujet
What time is it
Quoting: PurpleHippo
I dont think Desharnais should still be played, Broberg has been better by a decent margin.
I'd run:

Nuge - McD - Hyman
Kane - Drai - Brown
Hollo - Cloud - Foegs
Janmark - Pede - Ryan

Nurse - Ceci
Broberg - Ekholm
Kulak - Bouch

Waive Erne, scratch Desh.

So... basically status quo for the bottom 6 + rewarding Brown for what exactly? Your lineup is literally the kind of thing I'm sick of seeing in EDM. They need their leaders to split up and LEAD!
I don't hate Ekholm play RD with Broberg but I still favor defense playing their strong side.
27 oct. 2023 à 20 h 19
Quoting: SHOWTIME_TTV
So... basically status quo for the bottom 6 + rewarding Brown for what exactly? Your lineup is literally the kind of thing I'm sick of seeing in EDM. They need their leaders to split up and LEAD!
I don't hate Ekholm play RD with Broberg but I still favor defense playing their strong side.

Change in Pede in bottom 6, also allow Hollo - Cloud - Foegs a chance to develop rather than switch them after 1 game.
Nuge - McD - Hyman was one of the top lines last year, made no sense we separated that line so put it back together.

Depends what you mean by "leaders"?
27 oct. 2023 à 21 h 15
Démarrer sujet
What time is it
Modifié 27 oct. 2023 à 21 h 20
Change in Pede in bottom 6, also allow Hollo - Cloud - Foegs a chance to develop rather than switch them after 1 game.
Nuge - McD - Hyman was one of the top lines last year, made no sense we separated that line so put it back together.

Depends what you mean by "leaders"?

I've made it very clear what I mean. Individual accolades aren't impressing anyone anymore. This team is a train wreck!
Nuge-McDavid-Hyman are great in the regular season... regular season!
Foegele has been one of the more impressive players which is why I'd slot him higher to see what he's got. As I've already stated, I want solid duos in the top 9. That being McDavid/Hyman, Kane/Draisaitl, RNH/Brown(assuming Brown can be responsible enough to be a full-time top 9 player). The wings on each line should be filled by the most deserving of remaining players.
McLeod hasn't lived up to the 3C hype, why keep sending him out there? Holloway & McLeod hasn't worked.
The team needs LEADERS... if I have to explain wtf that means than you're clueless!

COL beat EDM with depth. VGK beat EDM with depth. EDM still lacks depth!
27 oct. 2023 à 22 h 7
I've made it very clear what I mean. Individual accolades aren't impressing anyone anymore. This team is a train wreck!
Nuge-McDavid-Hyman are great in the regular season... regular season!
Foegele has been one of the more impressive players which is why I'd slot him higher to see what he's got. As I've already stated, I want solid duos in the top 9. That being McDavid/Hyman, Kane/Draisaitl, RNH/Brown(assuming Brown can be responsible enough to be a full-time top 9 player). The wings on each line should be filled by the most deserving of remaining players.
McLeod hasn't lived up to the 3C hype, why keep sending him out there? Holloway & McLeod hasn't worked.
The team needs LEADERS... if I have to explain wtf that means than you're clueless!

COL beat EDM with depth. VGK beat EDM with depth. EDM still lacks depth!

Leaders can mean a lot so I was more so precluding to what you were referring to regarding that.
I'm assuming you mean people who can drive play, on our team essential Drai and McD, though I think you're tossing Nuge in there too.

So your solution is to rocket up someone who got cut to the second line as a solution to work with Drai.
Reward Nuge by giving him less 5on5 time with weaker linemates.
Give Desh more ice time, likely defending better and faster opponents.

Our depth isnt fixed by weakening our top lines, this doesnt create more strength down the line up it just gives our good players less ice time.
I agree Bouch should be moved down in 5 on 5 play and that we need a bit of a mix up in our forward group, dont think that starts with moving Nuge down from top 6.

Edit: Meant to add we dont fix our depth without adding stronger players, i.e. trading for them.
We have been extremely unlucky for the start of this season, Woodcroft needs to set lines and keep them for more than half a game so people can learn to play together.
27 oct. 2023 à 22 h 26
Démarrer sujet
What time is it
Modifié 27 oct. 2023 à 22 h 38
Leaders can mean a lot so I was more so precluding to what you were referring to regarding that.
I'm assuming you mean people who can drive play, on our team essential Drai and McD, though I think you're tossing Nuge in there too.

So your solution is to rocket up someone who got cut to the second line as a solution to work with Drai.
Reward Nuge by giving him less 5on5 time with weaker linemates.
Give Desh more ice time, likely defending better and faster opponents.

Our depth isnt fixed by weakening our top lines, this doesnt create more strength down the line up it just gives our good players less ice time.
I agree Bouch should be moved down in 5 on 5 play and that we need a bit of a mix up in our forward group, dont think that starts with moving Nuge down from top 6.

Edit: Meant to add we dont fix our depth without adding stronger players, i.e. trading for them.
We have been extremely unlucky for the start of this season, Woodcroft needs to set lines and keep them for more than half a game so people can learn to play together.

Playing 3 lines instead of 2 and having a 4th line that can handle the necessary shifts to rest the top 9 is what championship caliber teams do! Nuge would still get his PP time and enough time, especially against easier competition, to contribute to 5v5 scoring(something he hasn't been doing very well so far this season in the top 6. He's -4 in EV goal diff in the top 6).

I've already explained that duos is what is important. Finding each duos complimentary wingers is interchangeable. As I've already said... "You play well you move up the lineup, you don't then down ya go." "The wings on each line should be filled by the most deserving of remaining players".

You must be having a very hard time reading because AS I"VE ALREADY SAID "Desharnais blocks and hits more per 60 than Bouchard.
Giving him a pillar on the left like Ekholm could improve his play significantly. Bouchard is a winger with a cannon of a shot." & "I still think changes need to come at the deadline(D & G aren't good enough)"

Depth is created by spreading the wealth through your TOP 9 instead of just your top 6... It gives prospects an opportunity to play with better teammates and help them reach their potential instead of just stroking egos and chasing scoring titles while losing in the playoffs to teams that SPREAD THE WEALTH THROUGH THEIR TOP 9 INSTEAD OF JUST THEIR TOP 6! Have a look back at 2016 & 2017 Penguins. Guentzel, Rust & Sheary weren't buried, they were taken under the wings of LEADERS & played 3rd to DUOS!

The "leaders" on this team haven't done what championship leaders do! They need to elevate their teammates instead of falling back into the same comfortable BS every year. 97/29 inevitably back together in the playoffs when they meet a team with depth! It's far easier to shut down 2 lines than 3 or 4!
27 oct. 2023 à 23 h 3
Playing 3 lines instead of 2 and having a 4th line that can handle the necessary shifts to rest the top 9 is what championship caliber teams do! Nuge would still get his PP time and enough time, especially against easier competition, to contribute to 5v5 scoring(something he hasn't been doing very well so far this season in the top 6. He's -4 in EV goal diff).

I've already explained that duos is what is important. Finding each duos complimentary wingers is interchangeable. As I've already said... "You play well you move up the lineup, you don't then down ya go." "The wings on each line should be filled by the most deserving of remaining players".

You must be having a very hard time reading because AS I"VE ALREADY SAID "Desharnais blocks and hits more per 60 than Bouchard.
Giving him a pillar on the left like Ekholm could improve his play significantly. Bouchard is a winger with a cannon of a shot."

Depth is created by spreading the wealth through your TOP 9 instead of just your top 6... It gives prospects an opportunity to play with better teammates and help them reach their potential instead of just stroking egos and chasing scoring titles while losing in the playoffs to teams that SPREAD THE WEALTH THROUGH THEIR TOP 9 INSTEAD OF JUST THEIR TOP 6!
The "leaders" on this team haven't done what championship leaders do! They need to elevate their teammates instead of falling back into the same comfortable BS every year. 97/29 inevitably back together in the playoffs when they meet a team with depth! It's far easier to shut down 2 lines than 3 or 4!

Dont have a hard time reading, I've said that Desh shouldnt even be in the lineup, he has been our worst player so promoting him makes no sense.
"Pillar on the left like Ekholm" can be applied to all of our defense, why promote the worst one? (goes against your logic of "play well ... move up ... dont ... down ya go").

Were not exactly "chasing scoring titles" we just have very top end talent, McD and Drai will always be in the ross race and thus bring others with them as they supplementary points.

Moving Nuge down (who is a winger when McD is healthy) doesnt create more scoring depth it just separates him from the players he compliments with his play style.
Maybe putting him back with McD and Hyman would be smart being as they had the best xG/60 (top 10 last year) we've had outside a Mcd/Drai line.

Give Hollo - Mcleod - Foegs more time than half a game together, we gave them no chance to develop any chemistry and could easily be a great 3rd line.
They all compliment each others play style (fast, energetic, possessive, puck hounds).

All together I dont disagree with your line up (besides moving Desh up and putting Lavoie to line 2), just pointing out some alternatives as well.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage