Roster Overview

Créé par: CHUG
Équipe: 2023-24 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 5 oct. 2023
Publié: 5 oct. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
1st Line:
Self explanatory, has worked year over year. Just hoping for a rebound from Rusty. Guentz is looking like he could almost be ready day 1 of the season too!

2nd line:
I think Malkin needs the extra talent on the wings more than Sid does and Raks seems to make every line he plays on better. Would like them to try Zohorna or whomever on Sids wing in the last preseason game and give Geno, Smith and Rakell a chance to build some chemistry before the season.

3rd Line:
Not sure how I feel about the 3rd line, hopefully Eller and DOC have some chemistry and can at least stay afloat. Not sure if Zohorna fits with them, but he's the one who's earned the spot in the lineup so far in my opinion so at least give him a chance there. And if there isn't a fit there, look to fill the spot at the deadline. Hoping for a breakout year from DOC

4th Line:
Would really like to see this 4th line causing havoc. Won't happen though as Carter will be in the opening day lineup making the entire team softer and slower. Think Wagner has won the coaches over, will see if it's enough to earn him a contract. The honest hope is that Carts gets a long term injury that gives us the cap space to fill the 3rd line winger spot and allows us to play a gritty, grinding 4th line that will wear down opponents D.

D pairs:
Seems pretty straightforward, can switch Petey and Graves if things aren't working off the hop. Hopefully POJ is back for the start of the year. Think he's gonna take a step forward and be a solid option for the pens this year.

Goalies:
Both have looked good. Always just a question of health. Wouldn't mind giving Ned an extra few games if it means keeping Jars healthy and rested all year. Do like having Blomqvist as a depth option though, he has looked really good to start his career. Might be backing up by next year.

Power Play:
Also don't think Letang and Karlsson can be on the same PP unit. Hurts the teams puck retrieval as neither are used to going and getting the puck, just waiting back at the line for it to come to them. The PP has to outnumber the other team to win the puck in the O zone and I think they need a 4th forward to do this. The pens struggle with clean entries so they often dump the puck in and need that extra body down low to go get it. Plus having Letang on the second unit would make it more dangerous when it gets a chance. Would also give Sid some time on the half wall as he and Rakell could share the left wall which I think is where he can do a lot of damage with his vision and getting the puck from Karlsson.

Penalty Kill:
The PK should be better with Smith, Eller, Nieto and Acciari all smart and defensively responsible players. Wagner, Rust and potentially DOC are also options there if you need the extra bodies.

WBS:
Love the depth Dubas has created. Should lead to a better season overall for Wilkes and gives the Pens a ton of options when injuries start to happen.

Deadline Targets:
Vrana, Duclair, Barabanov, Tyler Johnson, Travis Boyd, Appleton

First Call-ups:
Nylander, Poulin, Puustinen, Hinostroza, Johnsson, Pitlick, Smith, Friedman, Butcher, Blomqvist
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
1775 000 $
Transactions
PIT
    Reclaimed
    Rachats de contrats
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de NYR
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de SJS
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de PIT
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2283 500 000 $81 754 342 $0 $0 $1 745 658 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
    AD, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    925 000 $925 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 2
    2 450 000 $2 450 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    775 000 $775 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    900 000 $900 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    C, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    775 000 $775 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA
    3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
    AD, C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 6
    6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    5 375 000 $5 375 000 $
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    825 000 $825 000 $
    DG
    RFA - 1
    800 000 $800 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    775 000 $775 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    5 oct. 2023 à 10 h 57
    Banni
    Rejoint: juill. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,536
    Haha you literally posted almost the exact AGM I just did. I'm pretty much in agreement in how I think it pans out, but I think Friedman gets the nod of Shea for right now.
    CHUG a aimé ceci.
    5 oct. 2023 à 11 h 5
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: juill. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 93
    Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
    Haha you literally posted almost the exact AGM I just did. I'm pretty much in agreement in how I think it pans out, but I think Friedman gets the nod of Shea for right now.

Just saw how much run they were giving Shea, I think both make it through waivers, so it really doesn't matter. Who do you think the pens should target at the deadline?
    5 oct. 2023 à 11 h 28
    Banni
    Quoting: CHUG
    Just saw how much run they were giving Shea, I think both make it through waivers, so it really doesn't matter. Who do you think the pens should target at the deadline?

It's hard to say because who knows what their situation will be as far as health. That's always the biggest X-factor. The other issue is how much Dubas will be willing to part with after trading a 1st and 2nd for EK.

To me, just based on everything, I'd be looking at Henrique or Vrana. They likely make the most sense. Maybe re-visiting SJ and going for Barabanov. Again, I think it really comes down to how much Dubas is willing to spend at this point.
    5 oct. 2023 à 11 h 33
    Banni
    Players that I think might take less than a 1st to get even with retention:

Labanc
    Roslovic
    Dickinson
    Sprong (if DET is out of the running)
    Girgensons
    Boyd
    5 oct. 2023 à 11 h 39
    Passionate Jets fan
    Rejoint: juill. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 139
    you mentioned how you like the pens depth but what dou you think of the third line? from an outside perspective it seems like they lack some middle 6/top 9 guys in those spots to be a real contender. really good defense though having a good defensive guy play with Karlson and Letang are a must.
    5 oct. 2023 à 11 h 45
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: jets12
    you mentioned how you like the pens depth but what dou you think of the third line? from an outside perspective it seems like they lack some middle 6/top 9 guys in those spots to be a real contender. really good defense though having a good defensive guy play with Karlson and Letang are a must.

The depth comment was for the farm team Wilkes-Barre Scranton (WBS). More so if we have injuries, we have players that won't be drowning when they get called up. I am a little uneasy on the 3rd line and mentioned that in the description. Definitely a place to address at the deadline. If they had a 4th line like this though, I would be happy. Chippy and can contribute on the scoresheet occasionally.
    jets12 a aimé ceci.
    5 oct. 2023 à 11 h 46
    Rejoint: juin 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 994
    Quoting: jets12

Eller isn't a good enough offensive producer to remain the 3rd line center IMO. The bottom 6's production is still going to be an issue this year.
    jets12 a aimé ceci.
    5 oct. 2023 à 11 h 48
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
    Players that I think might take less than a 1st to get even with retention:

Labanc
    Roslovic
    Dickinson
    Sprong (if DET is out of the running)
    Girgensons
    Boyd

Yeah, the guys I listed could potentially cost a bit more. Boyd is a guy I like though who we both have. He wouldn't be expensive to add and I think would fit well on this team.
    Mr_Gardoki a aimé ceci.
    5 oct. 2023 à 12 h 7
    Rejoint: mai 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,010
    I personally still think Rust and Rakell need switched - although that's probably wishful thinking. Last year the 1st line did better with Rakell than Rust - and the 2nd line did better with Rust than Rakell.

I definitely agree with the PP take. Split Letang and Karlsson.
    5 oct. 2023 à 14 h 0
    alwaysnextyear
    Rejoint: juin 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,566
    Well thought out post.

I am surprised (as an outsider fan) that Letang wouldn't work PP1 with Karlsson. I read your reasoning, and it makes sense, but both of those guys are elite at that particular skill and the 2nd unit gets next to no actual PP time.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage