SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New Jersey Devils

New Jersey Devils 2023-24 Season Discussion Thread #1

25 févr. à 16 h 58
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Who are the best coaches on the market right now?
25 févr. à 17 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,451
Quoting: Devil
Who are the best coaches on the market right now?

A few names I could see on list…

Kevin Dineen - Current Utica coach, former Florida Panthers head coach, former NHL captain

Nate Leaman - Current head coach at Providence and one of the most respected and smartest coaches in NCAA, heavy ties to US program

Jay Pandolfo - Current Head Coach, Boston University, foemer Bruins Assistant Coach, former Devil

Tony Granato - Recent head coach, Wisconsin, former NHL head coach and US Olympic team head coach and was in Penguins system with Fitzy, former player for NYR

Jay Leach - Current Assistant coach, Seattle, former Pens assistant coach, former Devil, Albany Devils captain, and a frequent name on “next up” NHL head coach lists

Travis Green - Current Assistant Coach / Spare coach, NJD

John Madden - Former Devil, current assistant coach, Arizona Coyotes

Jacques Lemaire - Guy on twitter
25 févr. à 17 h 36
Démarrer sujet
If we had to change mid season…

Green, Dineen (inside organization)

Maybe Granato if pulling from outside. All the other guys have jobs.
25 févr. à 17 h 39
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,179
Quoting: NHLfan10506
If we had to change mid season…

Green, Dineen (inside organization)

Maybe Granato if pulling from outside. All the other guys have jobs.

Imagine if we didn’t wait for 5 other coaches to get fired and have replacements scooped up
25 févr. à 17 h 44
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,990
Quoting: dgibb10
Goalies haven't been this godawful problem they're made out to be since like december.

Early in the year we were dominating games and losing bc of goaltending. Now we're playing mediocre/bad games and losing

Exactly
25 févr. à 17 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Imagine if we didn’t wait for 5 other coaches to get fired and have replacements scooped up

The best coach may have been Brunette

(But will all our injuries…who knows, we could have been saying, “why did we get rid of Lindy?”).

But there are plenty of good options out there. Leach and Granato will be on a lot of teams lists. Madden may someday too.

All depends what fits team the best. Do we want a young coach who may be prone to more mistakes but can adapt quickly? Do we want a seasoned vet who will keep things steady, but may not adapt to players? Do we want a smart tactician? A rah-rah, fire ‘em up guy?
25 févr. à 21 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Chase Stillman hatty

(Some good news)
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
26 févr. à 18 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Just texted to me…(not sure if HFBoards or Calgary Puck forum)

“Flames insiderrrr:

Ok. I will start with Markstrom. I am told the deal with the Devils was not as close as Mr. Seravalli likes to say it was. Yes, there was an agreement on most aspects of the deal but the hang up with the Devils is not about retention or even the compensation for that retention, it is the difference between Holtz and Mercer. Holtz is the main piece that the Devils are dangling in a goalie trade, the Flames are insistent on Mercer. I know the Devils did reach out to the Predators about Saros to see if there was a deal there and they are in the same mindset, Mercer has to be in the deal. The Devils absolutely want Markstrom over any other netminder but they are at a stalemate here and unless the Devils budge it isn't getting done. I have maintained all along it will take an overpay to get Conroy to move Marky and that won't change, he feels no pressure to deal Markstrom right now. I also mentioned the Devils were looking for another piece and we all speculated Rooney but I think that other piece might be Hanifin as I am told there is multiple packages they have discussed, that could be why Sec said it was complex.

As for Hanifin there are 4 teams he will do a sign and trade to or will sign an extension with, Tampa Bay, Florida, Boston, and New Jersey. The team he wants to go to is not Tampa Bay as was reported by someone else, it is the Panthers. Him and Chucky are very close and Tkachuk is pushing hard over there to get a deal done for him. The problem is similar to the Mercer-Markstrom situation only its Lundell, the Panthers are saying no on him right now. I am hearing TB does not want to include their 2026 1st so I can't see them being in it as they have no assets of interest to the Flames. I don't think there is any legs to Hanifin going to Dallas, I am sure they have seen what the price tag is for both D men but they are hot on Tanev. Boston is also pretty cold on Hanifin, they know the clock is running out on this group soon and they are already low on future assets. They don't want to go any deeper there and while Hanifin would be nice to have he is not a desperate need for them. If he gets to market then they can look at him when it doesn't cost them. As for the Devils like I said, I believe they have talked to the Flames about a package deal, I don't see NJ going out to just get Hanifin alone. Right now if I was a betting man I would put my money on Conroy holding out until Florida budges.

Chris Tanev has a boatload of interest with Dallas leading the charge. Despite the risk he could get hurt, Conroy will continue to slow play this player right until the deadline or someone offers a 1st rnd pick. The thing is with Conroy I could see him start to get offers with a 1st included and despite the risk I could see him still delaying to try and squeeze just a bit more from someone. Of all our assets I feel like this one could take the longest that will move.

As for others I have heard teams have poked around Vladar but nothing offered and Mangiapane is very open to being moved but there is no interest from anybody there.

All I have right now guys, have fun discussing“
26 févr. à 18 h 52
Démarrer sujet
It doesn’t line up though.

Conroy took the trade to Markstrom to waive once Holtz was put on table. Wouldn’t make sense to then pivot to Mercer…unless Lundell was suddenly added from FLA.

That said…I do have the sneaking suspicion that Fitzy is/was after both Markstrom and Hanifin with intent of extending the latter.

Wonder if the trade talk has contributed to the flatness we have seen last few games.
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
26 févr. à 22 h 15
It doesn’t line up though.

Conroy took the trade to Markstrom to waive once Holtz was put on table. Wouldn’t make sense to then pivot to Mercer…unless Lundell was suddenly added from FLA.

That said…I do have the sneaking suspicion that Fitzy is/was after both Markstrom and Hanifin with intent of extending the latter.

Wonder if the trade talk has contributed to the flatness we have seen last few games.

Well the story was always retention which always sounded odd.

You think Devs are down bc Mercer/Holtz etc was almost done? Interesting
26 févr. à 22 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Smitty426
Well the story was always retention which always sounded odd.

You think Devs are down bc Mercer/Holtz etc was almost done? Interesting

I think Holtz for Markstrom maybe agreed upon…Fitzy didn’t want to wait on Hanifin, wanted them together. Conroy probably wanted two bites of the apple. Markstrom now, Hanifin once market was mature.
Smitty426 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. à 13 h 48
I Love J Boqvist
Calgary flames fans sure have an interesting thought process.

Initially, Saros not on market, they set price:

Saros allegedly on market: price stays (doesn’t go down)

Saros back off market: price goes up:

Markstrom has bad game: price stays the same
Markstrom has good game: price goes up

Daws has good game: price stays the same
Daws has bad game: price goes up.

Nothing that would logically lower a price seems to matter in their eyes, but every minute thing increases it
27 févr. à 20 h 5
Not that i think it will matter but can someone please confirm for me:
At this point we would have to win one of the 6 conference spots (overtake Philly right now in the metro and stave off Wsh) because 2 Atl teams TB and Det are wildcards. Is that correct ?
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. à 20 h 7
I Love J Boqvist
At this point we would have to win one of the 6 conference spots (overtake Philly right now in the metro and stave off Wsh) because 2 Atl teams TB and Det are wildcards. Is that correct ?

Basically yeah we're closer to a divisional spot. I'd rather get in as the wildcard and face Boston or NYR round 1 than carolina tho but we're closer to a division spot
Smitty426 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. à 20 h 7

Corrx catch Wsh
Should also add hold off pit and Isles too!!!!
27 févr. à 20 h 39
Démarrer sujet

We have to not lose to San Jose.
If we cannot beat the Sharks, that will be rock bottom.
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. à 20 h 54
I Love J Boqvist
We have to not lose to San Jose.
If we cannot beat the Sharks, that will be rock bottom.

Can’t wait for this lightning flyers game to go to overtime
27 févr. à 21 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Can’t wait for this lightning flyers game to go to overtime

4-1 Flyers

We need to sweep California
27 févr. à 23 h 5
I dont see anything in the first 14 mins of this game to make me think they have any jam to win this game!!
27 févr. à 23 h 9
I Love J Boqvist
I dont see anything in the first 14 mins of this game to make me think they have any jam to win this game!!

Coach needs to go to light a fire under them
27 févr. à 23 h 13
I Love J Boqvist
Not scoring first or coming out strong every damn game is 100% on coaching
27 févr. à 23 h 13
Coach needs to go to light a fire under them

Nemec for sure was boarded on a nasty hit (#94) and no response
And now a record tying 43- 1st against
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. à 23 h 14
I Love J Boqvist
Nemec for sure was boarded on a nasty hit (#94) and no response
And now a record tying 43- 1st against

Is rather have no coach than ruff
27 févr. à 23 h 17
Is rather have no coach than ruff

Barbarov hit him
5'9 192
We have no one to stand up
Siegs with that half ass **** is old
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. à 23 h 17
Démarrer sujet

Lindy’s 40-minute pre-game ‘bout-that-time talks just aren’t firing the kids up as much as his Sunday bridge group
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage