Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Fire Lindy

Trade for Saros

Do something
22 févr. à 20 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,445
What’s the point of having Kevin Bahl if the guy absolutely disappears in games like this?
22 févr. à 21 h 7
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,988
No trades to add sell off what ya can. This team has nothing rn. With Markstrom it would 3 - 0 now.
Fire Lindy, bench luke find some grit F the speed it's done nothing for us. Timo cashed in I guess he's fat n happy
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
22 févr. à 21 h 14
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,178
Quoting: Smitty426
No trades to add sell off what ya can. This team has nothing rn. With Markstrom it would 3 - 0 now.
Fire Lindy, bench luke find some grit F the speed it's done nothing for us. Timo cashed in I guess he's fat n happy

Sell toffoli, miller. Fire Lindy.

Come back in the offseason and see if you can get Boston giving away Ullmark for a discount.

Hughes-Haula-Meier
Hischier-Palat-Bratt
Mercer-LW ADD-Holtz
4C-4LW (Trenin)-Lazar
Hughes-Nemec
Siegenthaler-Hamilton
LD (Pettersson)-Marino
Goalie (Ullmark)
daws
22 févr. à 21 h 24
Démarrer sujet

No fight in Timo, unfortunately. I think the concern is that if we respond…they will just goon up our stars. But we can’t just go flat.

You know the old thing…‘first day of prison, go to the biggest guy in the yard and punch him in the mouth’…that was their run at Bastian, which was clearly pre-planned. Take out the one guy who is likely to respond.

After Kreider scored, he turned in corner, skated over to Daws and taunted him, right in his face. Daws just turned his back. But no one stepped in and did anything.

That’s my first question for Lindy in post-game.
22 févr. à 21 h 31
Quoting: NHLfan10506
No fight in Timo, unfortunately. I think the concern is that if we respond…they will just goon up our stars. But we can’t just go flat.

You know the old thing…‘first day of prison, go to the biggest guy in the yard and punch him in the mouth’…that was their run at Bastian, which was clearly pre-planned. Take out the one guy who is likely to respond.

After Kreider scored, he turned in corner, skated over to Daws and taunted him, right in his face. Daws just turned his back. But no one stepped in and did anything.

That’s my first question for Lindy in post-game.

I missed the 1st per but told everyone Rempe was coming
Haven't sen it yet, give me the details. Has Bahl done anything with his size, rhetorical
22 févr. à 21 h 36
Démarrer sujet
I missed the 1st per but told everyone Rempe was coming
Haven't sen it yet, give me the details. Has Bahl done anything with his size, rhetorical

Rempe skated from bench in first shift.
Went straight to Bastian, launched at his head.
Got tossed from game.
Looked like broken nose for Bastian.
Devils did nothing over 5 min PP.

Bahl has been shy.
Just no life ever since.
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
22 févr. à 21 h 38
Démarrer sujet
I wish Timo had Jesper’s fire.
I wish Jesper had Timo’s size.
dgibb10 et Devil a aimé ceci.
22 févr. à 22 h 6
Rempe skated from bench in first shift.
Went straight to Bastian, launched at his head.
Got tossed from game.
Looked like broken nose for Bastian.
Devils did nothing over 5 min PP.

Bahl has been shy.
Just no life ever since.

Yeah saw it finally
Looks like it set the tempo too
Feel like that's it tbh, woukd love to be wrong.
Cgy missed Thursday window, maybe in the summer
22 févr. à 22 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Shots: NJD 40 NYR 18

All the talk is going to be “get rid of Daws” after this game.

No goalie helps us with the quality chances against we are giving up. The problem is puck protection from blueline.

Protect the puck. Fix the power play.
dgibb10 et Devil a aimé ceci.
22 févr. à 22 h 8
I Love J Boqvist
Yeah saw it finally
Looks like it set the tempo too
Feel like that's it tbh, woukd love to be wrong.
Cgy missed Thursday window, maybe in the summer

The ONLY player I’d buy is Pettersson and that’s because I’d want to have him next year and then potentially extended
22 févr. à 22 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Also…if we fire Lindy now, we will have Travis Green. I don’t know if it will be better.
dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
22 févr. à 22 h 13
I Love J Boqvist
Also…if we fire Lindy now, we will have Travis Green. I don’t know if it will be better.

If only we had a guy like Andrew Brunette
Devil a aimé ceci.
22 févr. à 22 h 15
Quoting: dgibb10
The ONLY player I’d buy is Pettersson and that’s because I’d want to have him next year and then potentially extended

Yep, I'm onboard
22 févr. à 22 h 19

What's the dif?

What's best return for Toffoli in your mind
22 févr. à 22 h 28
Démarrer sujet
What's the dif?

What's best return for Toffoli in your mind

Maybe late 1st or 2nd and mid or older prospect.

I would find an underappreciated guy facing RFA on cap tight team. Broberg. Turcotte. Kaliyev.
22 févr. à 22 h 28
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Quoting: dgibb10
If only we had a guy like Andrew Brunette

@TinTin
22 févr. à 22 h 29
Speak of the Devil

I would take NHLfan10506 as a coach over both of them
NHLfan10506 et Smitty426 a aimé ceci.
22 févr. à 22 h 30
Speak of the Devil
Drop your powerplay line ideas

Mine would be
PP1: Jack, Nico, Bratt, Holtz, Nemec
PP2: Palat, Mercer, Timo, Haula, Luke
22 févr. à 22 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Devil

Mine would be

Our PP is too organized, too geared towards set plays. It worked early…but people have video. They have some of the best skilled players on the planet. Just let them improvise.

Also…would be nice to have a right shot on left dot.
Devil et dgibb10 a aimé ceci.
22 févr. à 23 h 25
Quoting: Devil

Mine would be

Luke away from jack
This pond hockey crap has got to stop
23 févr. à 7 h 57
I Love J Boqvist
Luke away from jack
This pond hockey crap has got to stop

Clearly the solution was to take Jesper bratt off the power play (not)
Smitty426 a aimé ceci.
23 févr. à 9 h 17
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 78
Our PP is too organized, too geared towards set plays. It worked early…but people have video. They have some of the best skilled players on the planet. Just let them improvise.

Also…would be nice to have a right shot on left dot.

In regards to the PP, we move around too much. We are so predictable because our skating and circling forces us to only go 1 way with the puck at times. Look at how much Luke skates back and forth on the Blue line and look at how many times we have a winger skate up to the blue line and circle back. It's become way too predictable.

This is where Dougie was solid for us because he would be stationary most times at the top which is what you want. You don't beat PKs by skating with the puck all over the zone, you actually make their job easier doing that because they dont have to move as much. The devils need to move the puck quicker and not skate around with him. And throw pucks in front of the net, just get pucks in front.

You are spot on in terms of us trying to run too many set plays. We also have to be leading the league in chances against and Odd-man rushes against while on a PP. It's terrible.
NHLfan10506 a aimé ceci.
23 févr. à 9 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Takeaways from reading various reporting after last nights game.

1. Lindy out of answers
2. Team attitude needs a change
3. Physical play gets in their heads

-----

This kind of wowed me a bit. I know Novo and Lindy had butted heads a few times this year, but Novo is about one step away from joining the “Fire Lindy” chants (and I view him as a pretty responsible reporter).

Ryan Novozinsky Piece this morning.

Devils’ Lindy Ruff out of answers after another unacceptable loss to Rangers

The faint chants started late in the third period, only to be quickly outdone by the thousands of rival fans shrieking in joy as Vincent Trocheck potted his goal to make it 5-0 Rangers at Prudential Center on Thursday night.

“Fire Lindy! Fire Lindy!”

They weren’t nearly as loud as last year’s rendition, but the gaggle of remaining Devils fans had seen enough – and they let their coach hear it.

Lindy Ruff’s Devils, now 28-24-4 in a season that began with Stanley Cup dreams, fell to their Hudson River foes, 5-1, dropping their second straight game and three of their last four contests in the process.

They may have out-shot New York 40-18 and dominated possession metrics, but the team’s lack of preparedness – especially on special teams – and their lagging physical edge remains an issue in the season from hell. With 26 games to go – and the Devils now five points out of a playoff spot – Ruff and Co. can’t afford only moral victories.

The Devils power play laid another goose egg despite 11:52 minutes (!!!) with an extra attacker on five total opportunities. Ruff and Travis Green’s man-advantage unit is now 2-for-46 in its last 14 games. Aside from bodies returning from injury and the Dawson Mercer-Jesper Bratt swap tonight, Ruff has done little to fix things.

Pressed on this after the game, Ruff said he’s working with his staff on better options – and said reporters were creating “excess pressure” by asking players about the lifeless unit.

“I imagine you’ve asked every player – now they’re feeling it and you guys are creating excess pressure,” Ruff told reporters. “Us as a staff will go through that power play. We change things up, we met with individual groups tonight – as opposed to when you meet with all 10 or 11 of your guys. We’ll go through the whole thing again and just try to get better.”

One question later, Ruff stormed off, answering just nine questions despite the myriad issues facing his team.

Perhaps it’s a sign: Maybe the 64-year-old coach, who, to his credit, helped surge players like Jack Hughes, Nico Hischier, Dougie Hamilton and others to career years last season, is out of answers in a season marred by inconsistencies, injuries and another goalie disaster.

The Devils still have talent. There’s no doubt about that. They’re sixth in expected goals percentage (53.28%), seventh in five-on-five scoring (122) and fifth in Corsi (53.16%). They finished with 92 shot attempts in Thursday’s game alone.

If this season is a wash (and we may know that answer after this weekend’s back-to-back) GM Tom Fitzgerald needs to start thinking about the future. Maybe the coach who waited until the All-Star break to tweak his defensive scheme and has barely touched his power play amid a brutal cold stretch isn’t the one to guide the Hughes brothers through their respective primes.

There’s still a great team somewhere in these Devils. They might just need a fresh voice to unlock it.

-----

Also, worth reading Jack Hughes comments after the game. He is holding himself accountable, but also calling out whole team ‘attitude’

“No, I’m obviously not playing my best. You know, I’ve got to find a way to get to that point and help us make a push. We just gotta we gotta regroup. We gotta digest tonight. And then we gotta wrap our heads around changing our attitude and really believing in ourselves and not just talking and saying that but actually doing that.”

-----

Luke after game basically acknowledged that their physicality got into their heads a little and knocked them off their game.

“Next game mentality. Everyone knows tonight wasn't a good game. We have to come back, do our jobs and look forward to Montreal. We need to win that game. Rivalry game. They were very physical. We weren't good enough. That's kind of it. We have to limit the mistakes. That's basically it."
23 févr. à 10 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Games like last night, we needed Wood, McLeod. We need Meier with fire. We need a tone-setter. Cannot be Bastian alone (I have huge amount of respect for him after last night).

If we are going to keep the moves minor at deadline…I wonder if there isn’t a guy like Wood available. Doesn’t need to be a fighter or a bruiser (not a Pat Maroon type). But someone who never backs down, plays with passion, energy…creates a spark. Only guy on roster who shows that now is probably Jesper Bratt.

Add a spark or two, otherwise roll with what we got.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage