Forums/Armchair-GM

trading jgp read description

Créé par: Fylster
Équipe: 2023-24 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 5 sept. 2023
Publié: 5 sept. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I thought through a few options. The one that makes the most sense is Boston and Debrusk. They need a centermen so badly. Here is the issue, they don't have the cap space for it. While they can make room with a few trades, I already know it will be pointed out in the replies. Before I did Buffalo because I was looking up teams that needed centermen, and that was one that came up. That is my bad for not doing further research. Another option is Vancouver for Connor garland. My thought process is either make a cap dump trade and sign Tatar (something I believe might have already happened and lou is being secretive with the signing until he can fit it in the cap space), or trade for a player of similar value to be a wing on the top 6 with Horvat, hopefully a serviceable playmaker. A guy like Garland is somebody who has played with Horvat is a possible candidate. I truly think that the best option with the isles current roster is to find a good winger playmaker for horvat, instead of moving barzal to the wing where he has less room to move. I understand he isn't as good as horvat at taking faceoffs, but I truly think for not only horvat and barzal to be effective, but also lee and Wahlstrom, they both need to be centers, or do what a lot of the other lines did and have multiple centers to swap for positioning in transition of the puck and faceoffs. But to keep it simple I separated the lines. Lee is a very similar player to Horvat. They both are great at tipping in pucks, but need a playmaker on their line to produce. Having both on the same line is redundant same with having them both on the 1st power play. Wahlstrom is less dependent on a play maker, but it couldn't hurt to have him playing with an equally creative mind in Barzal. Wahlly by far has the best shot on the team and it isn't close. You could also run him on the same line as Horvat as he can help mentor him in simplifying his game which is where a lot of Wahlstrom's mistakes stem from, trying to be too creative and overthinking. This causes turnovers and creates holes in an otherwise defensively responsible player. Here is the thought process, if I trade for Debrusk, I put him on the first line with barzal, and Wahlly on the second line with horvat and either Palmieri or engvall. If I trade for garland, I put him on with horvat, and palmeiri/engvall. It all comes down to which trade is more realistic as both have their merits. Either A, get another goal scorer, or B, get a playmaker who will have good chemistry with horvat and get him going. While Garland is probobly a worse player production wise, the idea is that palmeiri/engvall or maybe even wahlly will help assist horvat, while also playing into the defensively sound system of the Islanders. Debrusk would be electric, however slightly less realistic. While Boston needs centermen, and Boston fans, correct me if I am wrong, but he is pretty integral to their wing's depth. He can be placed on both sides of the wing, scores 25 goals. 50 points in 64 games is nothing to scoff at. In 82 games, thats roughly 64 points. Vancouver would like a better 3rd line center, boston needs a 2nd line center, jgp fills both roles. I would like some feedback as to which trade you think makes more sense, for the sake of actually showing off a lineup, I went with Garland for this, but I am really torn between the two. As for the rest of the lineup, having Nelson as a 3rd liner is bonkers. I would not be surprised if he continues to get better next season as we saw with his massive jump in numbers, however I wouldn't be shocked if we saw slight regression as well. Keep engvall on that line as he transitions the puck so damn well. I am not super familiar with Gauthier's game, however I did see his insane goal against the stars and with talented linemates I think his game will improve. He is still young, and if Tage Thompson as thought me anything about late 1st rounders, it is to never count them out completely because they might surprise you. Clutterbuck has to get traded. weather Fasching takes his job or Gauthier, he doesn't have a place other than a healthy scratch, which is just a waste of cap space. I didn't touch the D core because, it's good. I hope Dobson does better defensively this season. I think switching him and Pulock's position couldn't hurt just to have a good defensive mentor like Chara two years ago. But for now, don't fix what ain't broken. Goaltending....the new york islanders have one of if not the best tandems in the league. It's either them or boston and then everybody else is lightyears behind. Varly is starting caliber even at his age. Also what do you guys think of the Special teams. Having Lee and Horvat on the same pp unit is so dumb, I really hope they don't do that this year. The idea is having dobson or barzal just shoot into horvat and for horvat to tip it in, and the pp 2 strategy is the same but instead with lee as the center tipping in pucks with aho or engvall firing.
Transactions
NYI
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2024 (ANA)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de ANA
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $81 086 625 $0 $0 $2 413 375 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Islanders de New York
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 3
9 150 000 $9 150 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 8
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
4 950 000 $4 950 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 8
874 125 $874 125 $
AD
RFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 7
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
787 500 $787 500 $
AD
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C
UFA - 4
775 000 $775 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 6
6 150 000 $6 150 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 7
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 4
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 7
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
775 000 $775 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
5 sept. 2023 à 15 h 53
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,456
As a canucks fan i'd accept, not sure if i speak for the majority, bc i may be bias towards JPG because I've always thought he was a rlly good middle six centremen
Fylster a aimé ceci.
5 sept. 2023 à 16 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 46
Quoting: canucksfan43
As a canucks fan i'd accept, not sure if i speak for the majority, bc i may be bias towards JPG because I've always thought he was a rlly good middle six centremen

I agree completely. Never understood the idea that he fell off when he is arguably a top 5 3rd line center in the league for not only his defense but his penalty killing abilities, something they lost in the horvat trade, and ability to score on the pk another thing they lost. He is also one of the best face off guys in the league which helps for possession. People just look at the numbers and never watch the guy play and understand where the number come from.
5 sept. 2023 à 16 h 4
Josh Anderson Sucks
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,022
I could see this but imo we need a left winger. A real LW. Engvall is a RW and is gonna be on the right side. Fasching down to 4RW and Gauthier as a scratch or in the AHL.
5 sept. 2023 à 16 h 6
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,407
Canucks may do that, but after signing Suter I think they are happy with their center group
5 sept. 2023 à 16 h 8
VAN
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,883
Nelson will be asking Lou what he did to deserve this lol
5 sept. 2023 à 16 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Kyle_Okposo_Lover
I could see this but imo we need a left winger. A real LW. Engvall is a RW and is gonna be on the right side. Fasching down to 4RW and Gauthier as a scratch or in the AHL.

Wasn't Engvall a left winger when he was on the line with Palmeiri and Nelson? I could be wrong and have them switched up.
5 sept. 2023 à 16 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Prime_Jimbo
Nelson will be asking Lou what he did to deserve this lol

Unfortunately it is what happens when we have fantastic center depth.
5 sept. 2023 à 16 h 15
Josh Anderson Sucks
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,022
Quoting: Fylster
Wasn't Engvall a left winger when he was on the line with Palmeiri and Nelson? I could be wrong and have them switched up.

He may have been listed as one but he was always on the right side. Especially with Brock but its possible they played a few games that way.
5 sept. 2023 à 16 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Kyle_Okposo_Lover
He may have been listed as one but he was always on the right side. Especially with Brock but its possible they played a few games that way.

Ill take your word for it. I really liked the way he played with brock. I've also heard from Leafs fans that he could play center as well which makes sense, with his massive strides having all that space to move around would help. But yes I agree that they need some true left wingers. We could bring Parise back, but considering he hasn't spoken on if he is retiring or not, I figured it best to not jump the gun. Another option is Tomas Tatar, but that is only if he is willing to take a 2 million aav contract considering the cap space, and I didn't watch enough devils games to get a feel for which wing he played better in.
5 sept. 2023 à 17 h 46
Judd Bracket ripoff
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,581
Garland imo is a very underrated winger, given his scoring at 5v5, goal differential, and his net penalty differential.

that being said, van should jump all over this imo.

Quoting: mv21227
Canucks may do that, but after signing Suter I think they are happy with their center group

canucks dont have a RHC and both suter and bluger, while nice additions, aren't exactly overlly valuable in thier roles.

IMO this move makes a otn of sense to diversify Vanocuvers forward group and add another high-end checker
Fylster a aimé ceci.
10 sept. 2023 à 12 h 38
LGI
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 3
small problem - jpg has a 16 team no-trade list for the rest of his deal. 99% sure vancouver is on that list

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage