Forums/Armchair-GM

WHAT IF - Rangers Handled LAFs dev differently

Créé par: jpigeon2000
Équipe: 2023-24 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 18 août 2023
Publié: 18 août 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
For the 2020-21 season, with OHL not operating and the other 2 junior leagues extremely limited, an exception was made to allow underage players to play in the AHL. An additional agreement was made for the 2021-22 season that any underage players who participated in at least 20 AHL games during the 2020-21 season could play in the AHL in 2021-22.

LAF Development
20-21 season: plays no more than 8 games with NYR, loaned out to World Juniors, then goes to AHL and plays at least 20 games. Plays LW but they also use him at RW.
2021-22: since he played 20 games in AHL, spends the season in AHL and gets a call-up later in season. Has successfully moved to RW
22-23: On Rangers full-time roster - most likely shuffling b/t 2nd and 3rd line RW

Not sure why they did not do this - similar course that the Kings used for Byfield. It would have
provided LAF the time to grow in the pro game by getting more ice time - particularly on PP. could have provided a better opportunity for him to transition to RW (knowing LW was locked up for several years by Kreider and Panarin) with less pressure doing that in the AHL than in the NHL. Would have afforded the opportunity for the Rangers to slide his contract 1 year (meaning he would be in the last year of his rookie deal this season instead of being a RFA). Could have better utilized their cap space during this past FA season to target better players than the ones they rushed to sign on DAy 1 and Day 2 (Belzile, R Nash, Pitlick)

For this ACGM, I'll sign LAF to a 1 year 925000 deal to show him in his last year of rookie contract. Any FAs signed at this point will be players available now - not going back and "signing" players already with other teams.
Doesn't leave the team with much cap space but keep in mind that LAF would be waiver-exempt. The team could paper transaction him and Schneider throughout the year to gain space
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1925 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
12 000 000 $
1775 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de DAL
Logo de NYR
Logo de MIN
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de VAN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $83 371 583 $610 892 $800 000 $128 417 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Rangers de New York
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 3
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 7
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
4 437 500 $4 437 500 $
C, AG
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
C, AD
NMC
UFA - 6
800 000 $800 000 $ (Bonis de performance300 000 $$300K)
AD
NTC
UFA - 1
3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AD
UFA
787 500 $787 500 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 872 000 $3 872 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 3
825 000 $825 000 $ (Bonis de performance100 000 $$100K)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 1
812 500 $812 500 $
DG
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 août 2023 à 9 h 35
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,559
Maybe they just can't develop forwards?

Kakko, lafreniere, kravtsov, lias andersson
18 août 2023 à 9 h 38
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,294
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld

I mean kravtsov and andersson didn’t improve under their new teams either. Especially andersson
Coachchippy a aimé ceci.
18 août 2023 à 9 h 39
I’ll never understand why they rushed him into the NHL. You had Kreider and Panarin blocking his top 6 time. This organization needs to be patient with the new prospects like Othmann and Perreault
18 août 2023 à 10 h 9
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 317
Quoting: Rags21
I’ll never understand why they rushed him into the NHL. You had Kreider and Panarin blocking his top 6 time. This organization needs to be patient with the new prospects like Othmann and Perreault

A lot of it has to do with the hard CAP you need cheap young players in the lineup to compensate for the high end salary
18 août 2023 à 10 h 10
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
Rejoint: août 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 228
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld

This is honestly a huge misconception. Top 10 picks? That's arguable. But -- Krav and Lias are busts and did nothing even on their other teams. If they just flat out suck and don't have what it takes, that's not completely on the Rangers, otherwise they would've shown even a little improvement once they left. But they didn't

And Laf and Kakko are still in the process of developing. No one would be mad at their performance up until this point, if they weren't 1 and 2OA. Let's see how they are doing in a few years, remember that Zibanejad didn't break out until he was like 26

The Rangers do fine with developing later picks. Forwards -- Kreider, Chytil, Perrault is likely to be a stud based on his draft position compared to the other two. Not to mention dmen like KAM, Schneider, Lindgren, Fox (even though a lot of credit can go to his time in the NCAA). And the Rangers have done amazing when it comes to developing goalies.

I know you said "can't develop forwards" specifically but I feel people twist it and make it "the Rangers can't develop at all" and it's just not the case
18 août 2023 à 10 h 12
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe

Perrault is going to be a stud I know it already. The Rangers are fantastic with developing picks around the #20 position. Kreider was 19OA, Chytil was 21OA, Schneider was 19OA, KAM was 22OA. Plus, he's going to be spending time in the NCAA so I think that helps us even more than him being in Hartford would
Rags21 a aimé ceci.
18 août 2023 à 10 h 13
Quoting: kous
A lot of it has to do with the hard CAP you need cheap young players in the lineup to compensate for the high end salary

I mean you can still find that without having to throw a 19/20 year old on the 3rd line
18 août 2023 à 10 h 14
Skeating_sec224
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 144
Problem was the QMJHL was playing in 20/21 so Lafreniere didn't get that exemption to play in the AHL, he would have had to go back to the Q if he wasn't in the NHL.
Rags21 a aimé ceci.
18 août 2023 à 10 h 15
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
I mean kravtsov and andersson didn’t improve under their new teams either. Especially andersson

Yeah I don't really get how it's the Rangers fault that one of them stayed up all night playing video games (Lias) and the other f**ked off back to Russia anytime the going got tough and any obstacles were in his way. Neither could make it at the NHL level regardless of what team they're on
18 août 2023 à 10 h 16
Quoting: Coachchippy
Yeah I don't really get how it's the Rangers fault that one of them stayed up all night playing video games (Lias) and the other f**ked off back to Russia anytime the going got tough and any obstacles were in his way. Neither could make it at the NHL level regardless of what team they're on

Kravtsov killed his own development by not accepting play in the AHL. It was clear he was too weak and not accustomed to playing NA hockey
Coachchippy a aimé ceci.
18 août 2023 à 10 h 18
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
Kravtsov killed his own development by not accepting play in the AHL. It was clear he was too weak and not accustomed to playing NA hockey

I fully agree. Chytil was sent down multiple times and what did he do? Put his head down, worked hard and got better. And look where he is now. Not sure what Kravtsov's problem was or why he thought the AHL was beneath him
18 août 2023 à 11 h 3
I fully agree. Chytil was sent down multiple times and what did he do? Put his head down, worked hard and got better. And look where he is now. Not sure what Kravtsov's problem was or why he thought the AHL was beneath him

Yea I hate entitled kids. I haven’t heard zac jones complain once but Lundkvist gets sent down and the following year he requests a trade lol
Coachchippy a aimé ceci.
18 août 2023 à 11 h 15
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 238
This is honestly a huge misconception. Top 10 picks? That's arguable. But -- Krav and Lias are busts and did nothing even on their other teams. If they just flat out suck and don't have what it takes, that's not completely on the Rangers, otherwise they would've shown even a little improvement once they left. But they didn't

And Laf and Kakko are still in the process of developing. No one would be mad at their performance up until this point, if they weren't 1 and 2OA. Let's see how they are doing in a few years, remember that Zibanejad didn't break out until he was like 26

The Rangers do fine with developing later picks. Forwards -- Kreider, Chytil, Perrault is likely to be a stud based on his draft position compared to the other two. Not to mention dmen like KAM, Schneider, Lindgren, Fox (even though a lot of credit can go to his time in the NCAA). And the Rangers have done amazing when it comes to developing goalies.

I know you said "can't develop forwards" specifically but I feel people twist it and make it "the Rangers can't develop at all" and it's just not the case

How is "Andersson and Krav didn't develop with the Rangers and then were bad on other teams" a defense of the Rangers not developing players? You expect guys who didn't develop to play 14 games on another team and suddenly become good? Not developing doesn't mean their skills are being repressed and they can just pop out other places. It means their skills never got developed and therefore they would take time to develop other places. And these new teams don't have time to waste on 23 year olds when they need to develop their own 18 year olds. The Rangers did not develop these forwards. They are currently doing the same with Laf and Kakko, these guys are just better so it's less noticeable and the Rangers can afford to keep playing them while not developing them properly.
18 août 2023 à 13 h 32
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
Quoting: AquaticOwl
How is "Andersson and Krav didn't develop with the Rangers and then were bad on other teams" a defense of the Rangers not developing players? You expect guys who didn't develop to play 14 games on another team and suddenly become good? Not developing doesn't mean their skills are being repressed and they can just pop out other places. It means their skills never got developed and therefore they would take time to develop other places. And these new teams don't have time to waste on 23 year olds when they need to develop their own 18 year olds. The Rangers did not develop these forwards. They are currently doing the same with Laf and Kakko, these guys are just better so it's less noticeable and the Rangers can afford to keep playing them while not developing them properly.

I totally understand that other fanbases might not keep up with all the other behind-the-scenes info that NYR fans care about, but Krav and Lias both ****ed their own development. Not saying that it was 100% on them, but they played a big part in it.

Lias -- admitted to staying up all night playing video games, and taking sleeping pills because he was depressed and homesick waiting for his friends in Sweden to wake up. Now could this be a failure on the part of the Rangers organization, not giving him adequate mental health help? Definitely.... if they were aware of his issues, but he said they were not.

Krav - in 2019 he chose to **** off back to Russia, because he didn't make the Rangers main squad out of training camp and didn't want to play in Hartford. Stayed there for two years, then I believe it was at the beginning of the 2021-22 season where he was supposed to report back to Hartford and AGAIN refused, only returning for training camp the year after.

So I don't really think the Rangers can accept full blame for those two. I mean logically, why would the Rangers (in full rebuild mode at this point) try to screw over their top ten picks? One got into really bad habits and the other one literally thought he was above playing in the AHL, and preferred to go home instead of developing in Hartford. That's why they've been unable to hack it at the NHL level, it's not really about the Rangers repressing their skills when the players shoot themselves in the foot the entire time.

There's no excuse for Laf and Kakko. This is why I advocate sending away Panarin as soon as possible -- he is handcuffing the team with that horrific contract and he's blocking Laf at LW. Just awful roster construction. Kakko on the other hand, should be getting an extended look at 1RW this season, since we have basically no depth on that side. So we will see what happens with those two, but they're 21 and 22 years old (and not at risk of falling out of the league like Lias and Krav) so I'm not that worried about them right now

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage