SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2023-24 Season Predictions

2023-24 Season Predictions

Cuvée de repêchage: 2023
Créé par: HabsCanucks
Publié: 12 août 2023 à 21 h 6
Description
Metropolitan: Carolina and New Jersey race for the top spot, while Philadelphia struggles to win games as the worst team in the East. The rest are mediocre and unremarkable. Karlsson does not save Pittsburgh.
Carolina, 1
New Jersey, 2
New York R, 9
-------------------------
New York I, 15
Pittsburgh, 23
Columbus, 25
Washington, 28
Philadelphia, 31

Atlantic: In the most competitive division in the league, only Toronto and Montreal can be confident of their fate heading into the season. Detroit and Ottawa ultimately fail to make the cut.
Toronto, 5
Boston, 8
Florida, 12
Buffalo, 13
Tampa Bay, 14
Detroit, 16
Ottawa, 18
Montreal, 26

Central: Being in the weakest division in the league allows Dallas and Colorado to find success, and for Winnipeg to slip into the playoffs. Minnesota is the most surprising team to miss out.
Dallas, 3
Colorado, 6
Winnipeg, 19
Minnesota, 20
Nashville, 21
St. Louis, 24
Arizona, 27
Chicago, 29

Pacific: An average division featuring two strong teams, four decent teams, and two really bad teams. There is no miracle turn-around for Calgary. San Jose hits rock bottom.
Vegas, 4
Edmonton, 7
Los Angeles, 10
Seattle, 11
Vancouver, 17
Calgary, 22
Anaheim, 30
San Jose, 32
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-
Carolina
117 (P)
2Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-
New Jersey
116 (X)
3Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-
Dallas
111 (Z)
4Logo de Sharks de San Jose-
Vegas
110 (Y)
5Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-
Toronto
110 (Y)
6Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-
Colorado
108 (X)
7Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-
Edmonton
107 (X)
8Logo de Capitals de Washington-
Boston
104 (X)
9Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-
New York R
101 (X)
10Logo de Blues de St-Louis-
Los Angeles
100 (X)
11Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-
Seattle
98 (X-WC)
12Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
Florida
98 (X)
13Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-
Buffalo
97 (X-WC)
14Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-
Tampa Bay
96 (X-WC)
15Logo de Predators de Nashville-
New York I
16Logo de Flames de Calgary-
Detroit
17Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Islanders de New York
Vancouver
94 (X-WC)
18Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-
Ottawa
19Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
Winnipeg
93 (X)
20Logo de Kraken de Seattle-
Minnesota
21Logo de Wild du Minnesota-
Nashville
22Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLogo de Kings de Los Angeles
Calgary
23Logo de Rangers de New York-
Pittsburgh
24Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Oilers d'Edmonton
St Louis
25Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
Columbus
26Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Devils du New Jersey
Montreal
27Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-
Arizona
28Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Bruins de Boston
Washington
29Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Stars de Dallas
Chicago
30Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-
Anaheim
31Logo de Avalanche du ColoradoLogo de Panthers de la Floride
Philadelphia
32Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-
San Jose
12 août 2023 à 23 h 52
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,478
The wild hate never stops boggling my mind 🤦
13 août 2023 à 0 h 51
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 164
Detriot LOL isnt sniffing the wildcard. Boston and LA are wildcard warriors
13 août 2023 à 13 h 46
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,432
So Devils fall short by 1 point again. I’d take it though.
HabsCanucks a aimé ceci.
13 août 2023 à 13 h 52
Exhausted Ranger Fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 451
Boston wont be that high
HabsCanucks a aimé ceci.
13 août 2023 à 19 h 16
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 45
Listen. As a Wild fan if we miss the playoffs we better miss badly. I'm sick of this 22-17 pick range. Not picking high enough for real difference makers but still missing the playoffs is the worst place to be.
14 août 2023 à 13 h 44
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 178
Quoting: MNWildFan57
Listen. As a Wild fan if we miss the playoffs we better miss badly. I'm sick of this 22-17 pick range. Not picking high enough for real difference makers but still missing the playoffs is the worst place to be.

So many teams do it too. Cant commit to fully going for the rebuild but also dont want to commit to giving up a bit of the future to be good
15 août 2023 à 0 h 56
power forward
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 610
Modifié 15 août 2023 à 1 h 6
Quoting: IconicHawk

Yeah, I dunno why people are hating on them. Probably because they didn't make any big moves. I really hope Wallstedt can have a big year. I still think they are a playoff team, if anything Winnipeg misses the playoffs by a longshot, even the Blackhawks will do better than the Jets.

And this is a Jets fan saying this. I am rooting for Buffalo more than I am for the Jets this year. They have become my second favorite team, they stole Zach Benson, there's so much good youth on that team its nut. And if Comrie can bounce-back and Levi becomes the No. 1 goalie, they can definitely make it.
15 août 2023 à 0 h 57
power forward
Quoting: NHLfan10506

I actually think they win the division. My Top 4 in the Metro are awfully close:

1. New Jersey
2. NY Rangers
3. Pittsburgh
4. Carolina
15 août 2023 à 1 h 4
power forward
Quoting: TyeZerker
Detriot LOL isnt sniffing the wildcard. Boston and LA are wildcard warriors

Everyone in the Atlantic apart from the Canadiens can make the playoffs. Canadiens could make a push if the injury bug doesn't hit them again. So all and all, Detroit could sniff the wild card. In my predictions I actually have Tampa Bay missing as I don't like their bottom 6 depth. Colton and Killorn will be huge losses. Vasy needs to be elite in order for the Lightning to get in.

Boston is an obvious wild card yes, but LA could actually get 2nd in the division. Don't forget that Talbot is reunited with Ron MacLellan and under him he played his best hockey. Under a similar system, I think Talbot could bounce back and maybe even take over the No. 1 role.

Also total hot take here, but I think Calgary makes the playoffs. Markstrom will play better and the Flames have Wolf competing with Vladar for the backup role. If Wolf plays well, the Flames could be dangerous. Also Huberdeau could bounce-back as well. There are also trade rumors surrouding Elias Lindholm, I do think he will have his best season and make it even harder for other teams to acquire team.
15 août 2023 à 1 h 5
power forward

The Wild have to go on a deep run here. Otherwise they rebuild. They keep getting bounced in round 1.
15 août 2023 à 1 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 141

I don't hate the Wild, but some decent teams miss the playoffs now, and I think there's a reasonable case to be made that they'll be one of them.

As a Canucks fan, I understand the feeling lol. At least you've made it to the playoffs consistently though!

Quoting: Z0ra
Yeah, I dunno why people are hating on them. Probably because they didn't make any big moves. I really hope Wallstedt can have a big year. I still think they are a playoff team, if anything Winnipeg misses the playoffs by a longshot, even the Blackhawks will do better than the Jets.

And this is a Jets fan saying this. I am rooting for Buffalo more than I am for the Jets this year. They have become my second favorite team, they stole Zach Benson, there's so much good youth on that team its nut. And if Comrie can bounce-back and Levi becomes the No. 1 goalie, they can definitely make it.

Their presumptive starter has never played 40+ games in a season and their backup is now 38 and clearly in decline. Any regression in goaltending combined with stronger competition in the West could easily leave them on the wrong side of the playoff line since they haven't really improved their line-up and don't have the cap space to do so effectively, especially considering how many points they got out of overtime and shootout games last season.

What's the reason for the Jets falling apart? I think they're arguably better going into this season than they were last year.
15 août 2023 à 2 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: NHLfan10506

Could easily go either way,

I actually think they win the division. My Top 4 in the Metro are awfully close:

1. New Jersey
2. NY Rangers
3. Pittsburgh
4. Carolina

but I don't see Carolina in 4th
15 août 2023 à 2 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 15 août 2023 à 2 h 42
Quoting: Despise
Boston wont be that high

I hope so, but I expect them to inexplicably find success somehow
15 août 2023 à 2 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Everyone in the Atlantic apart from the Canadiens can make the playoffs. Canadiens could make a push if the injury bug doesn't hit them again. So all and all, Detroit could sniff the wild card. In my predictions I actually have Tampa Bay missing as I don't like their bottom 6 depth. Colton and Killorn will be huge losses. Vasy needs to be elite in order for the Lightning to get in.

Boston is an obvious wild card yes, but LA could actually get 2nd in the division. Don't forget that Talbot is reunited with Ron MacLellan and under him he played his best hockey. Under a similar system, I think Talbot could bounce back and maybe even take over the No. 1 role.

Also total hot take here, but I think Calgary makes the playoffs. Markstrom will play better and the Flames have Wolf competing with Vladar for the backup role. If Wolf plays well, the Flames could be dangerous. Also Huberdeau could bounce-back as well. There are also trade rumors surrouding Elias Lindholm, I do think he will have his best season and make it even harder for other teams to acquire team.

Yeah, the Atlantic is very competitive. I expect Tampa's core to have huge seasons to make up for the loss of depth. They won't be able to afford that complacent period they seem to like toward the end of the season, but with their competitive window closing, I think they'll be all in this year. I don't think anyone is an "obvious wild card" in the East. Most teams could end up anywhere between 4th and 12th in the East.

Calgary could definitely bounce back, but there are a lot of competitive teams to deal with.
15 août 2023 à 9 h 14
Bedard23

Wallsteadt doesn’t even need to have a big year because he will likely be the backup behind Gustavsson

The Wild have to go on a deep run here. Otherwise they rebuild. They keep getting bounced in round 1.

They have a whole other wave of elite prospects in the system so it really shouldn’t be complicated even slightly
15 août 2023 à 17 h 23
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 5
To many pts for the Jets
16 août 2023 à 10 h 8
Bedard23
Quoting: HabsCanucks
I don't hate the Wild, but some decent teams miss the playoffs now, and I think there's a reasonable case to be made that they'll be one of them.

As a Canucks fan, I understand the feeling lol. At least you've made it to the playoffs consistently though!

Their presumptive starter has never played 40+ games in a season and their backup is now 38 and clearly in decline. Any regression in goaltending combined with stronger competition in the West could easily leave them on the wrong side of the playoff line since they haven't really improved their line-up and don't have the cap space to do so effectively, especially considering how many points they got out of overtime and shootout games last season.

What's the reason for the Jets falling apart? I think they're arguably better going into this season than they were last year.

People have been predicting the wild to miss the playoffs since last year and it hasn’t happened and I doubt it will for a long time
16 août 2023 à 13 h 43
Démarrer sujet
People have been predicting the wild to miss the playoffs since last year and it hasn’t happened and I doubt it will for a long time

1 year is not a significant sample size, and I predicted them to make the playoffs last year anyway. It's quite possible that they make it again this year (I only have them one point behind Winnipeg, which is nothing in the context of a full season), but this is the year I expect them to struggle the most.
16 août 2023 à 13 h 48
Bedard23
Quoting: HabsCanucks
1 year is not a significant sample size, and I predicted them to make the playoffs last year anyway. It's quite possible that they make it again this year (I only have them one point behind Winnipeg, which is nothing in the context of a full season), but this is the year I expect them to struggle the most.

The central is too ass form them to be even close to out of a playoff spot

Here’s the tiers:
Tier 1: Colorado and Dallas

Tier 2: Minnesota

Tier 3: St Louis

Tier 4: Everyone else

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage