SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Metro Standings Prediction

7 août 2023 à 10 h 6
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,536
I think there's still quite a few teams in the NHL who are going to make some more significant moves, so I don't want to predict much, but I think Metro is largely set .The Islanders are the only team I could really see trying to make a splash at this point and we don't yet know if WSH will move Kuz. That said, here's what I think so far...

1) Carolina
2) Rangers (They didn't make significant moves, but I think they made smart moves)
3) Penguins/Devils (Health is and will always be the caveat here, but barring any more major injuries to the big players including Jarry, I expect a strong showing)
4) Penguins/Devils (Devils explanation below)
5) Capitals (Anyone discounting these guys are clueless. They were plagued by injuries last year. While I don't think they're a major contender, I think they possibly grab that last playoff spot depending on how the Atlantic pans out)
6) Islanders (I'll be a denier until they prove me wrong. I get they have one of, if not the best goalie in the league, but it's just not enough in a tough division like this)
7) Columbus (They'll be one of the best teams to finish this low. I think we'll see lots of bright spots for them)
8) Philly

Devils Explanation:
I don't think they overreached last year at all, but I think this year will see a SMALL & TEMPORARY step back based on some IFS regarding defense and goaltending.

Losing Severson and Graves will be noticeable. The Devils had a stacked defense last year. Stacked. I'm not sure what they have in Schmid yet, he may be legit, but I do personally believe that stacked defense masked what I believe is questionable goaltending. Obviously Schmid can prove he's the real deal and negate what I'm saying, but we're not here YET.

Hughes - He looked solid in a very small showing, but we really don't know what he is just yet. For all we know he could be either a Calder candidate or still need some time to develop, so to me that's an IF. Let me be clear, I think he's going to be very good. I'm just questioning if that's THIS year or if he needs some more seasoning.

Again, not saying the Devils MISS the playoffs. Just saying I could see them seeing a little regression in terms of where they finish THIS YEAR.
9 août 2023 à 13 h 15
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,356
As long as we get in playoffs, I’ll take it
Mr_Gardoki a aimé ceci.
9 août 2023 à 16 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,536
Quoting: NHLfan10506
As long as we get in playoffs, I’ll take it

Yeah, I can't see you guys missing. Just some temporary regression this season.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage