Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Samsonov hasn't actually signed.

Has Samsonov actually signed?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

24 juill. 2023 à 15 h 51
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 0
The Leafs haven't actually signed Samsonov, he has been awarded 3.55mil per season on a contract renewal with the Leafs, but parties have not signed a contract. You can only be 10% over the cap, which would be around 8.8mil over, if Samsonov has signed the Leads would be over 12 mil over the cap. I'm not sure when the cut off is, but Samsonov's situation is much like Nylander a couple years back, with the added arbitration rights. Since the Leafs picked up Samsonov's qualifying offer, he isn't to become a UFA until the deadline. Now with Nylander not having arbitration rights, the cut -off to sign a deal and stop him from becoming a UFA, was Dec.1st. With Samsonov having arbitration rights, because he has more service time in the league, may mean that the deadline is sometime prior to the beginning of the season, to allow the player to get full payment for season, having established himself as full-time NHLer. Thoughts anyone, corrections?
24 juill. 2023 à 16 h 36
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 21,047
Modifié 24 juill. 2023 à 16 h 42
Player elected Arbitration Settlements of 1 year and greater than $4,538,958, Club can walk away from the awarded salary, making the player a UFA [CBA 12.10(a)]

And as per statement Arbitration verdict honoured by team so the man is signed

There is a tweet explaining it but rn they have 100k in cap following LTIR.
24 juill. 2023 à 16 h 57
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,814
Quoting: BeeLeafer91
The Leafs haven't actually signed Samsonov, he has been awarded 3.55mil per season on a contract renewal with the Leafs, but parties have not signed a contract. You can only be 10% over the cap, which would be around 8.8mil over, if Samsonov has signed the Leads would be over 12 mil over the cap. I'm not sure when the cut off is, but Samsonov's situation is much like Nylander a couple years back, with the added arbitration rights. Since the Leafs picked up Samsonov's qualifying offer, he isn't to become a UFA until the deadline. Now with Nylander not having arbitration rights, the cut -off to sign a deal and stop him from becoming a UFA, was Dec.1st. With Samsonov having arbitration rights, because he has more service time in the league, may mean that the deadline is sometime prior to the beginning of the season, to allow the player to get full payment for season, having established himself as full-time NHLer. Thoughts anyone, corrections?

You can't count Muzzin as part of cap.....Yes the Leafs are over the cap which might mean a buyout of Murray (very likely) and Brodie (might. be necessary)

But you have your facts wrong. Before Nylander's last contract he was a RFA. He was free to sign a contract with any team in any league. The December 1st deadline didn't make him a UFA, but he had to be signed to an NHL contract by December 1st in order to play in the NHL that season. He was still a NHL RFA if he signed that season or not.

Can't see Samson's situation like Nylander at all. Sure looks like Samsonov is going to a Leaf for one season then he a UFA.
There is still a buyout window this week, and can't believe Murray isn't gong to be bought out....and maybe Brodie for cap reasons.
24 juill. 2023 à 18 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 0
@Palhal Yeah you're right about Nylander not becoming a UFA, still CapFriendly still has the ltir contract of Muzzin counting (during offseason) to the Cap hit. I'm still not convinced Samsonov has actually signed, yeah maybe they have a verbally agrreement, but no pen to ink.

@aadoyle I'm still seeing Muzzin counting to the Cap hit (during off-season only maybe) either way CapFriendly still has Leafs 12mil over, you can't be more than 10% even for a second, so either their wrong about Muzzin's hit or Samsononv hasn't actually signed. I know about the buyout window, but is it contingent on an arbitration hearing or an arbitration hearing which results in a signing.

Overall Now I'm saying, there is something is wrong on the Leafs Capfriendly, you have convinced me it's possible that Somsonov has signed.
24 juill. 2023 à 18 h 14
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,814
Quoting: BeeLeafer91
Palhal Yeah you're right about Nylander not becoming a UFA, still CapFriendly still has the ltir contract of Muzzin counting (during offseason) to the Cap hit. I'm still not convinced Samsonov has actually signed, yeah maybe they have a verbally agrreement, but no pen to ink.

aadoyle I'm still seeing Muzzin counting to the Cap hit (during off-season only maybe) either way CapFriendly still has Leafs 12mil over, you can't be more than 10% even for a second, so either their wrong about Muzzin's hit or Samsononv hasn't actually signed. I know about the buyout window, but is it contingent on an arbitration hearing or an arbitration hearing which results in a signing.

Overall Now I'm saying, there is something is wrong on the Leafs Capfriendly, you have convinced me it's possible that Somsonov has signed.

Folks for some reason get hung up over the 10% rule. Years ago when cap was lower the Leafs always spent to the cap, they had two players on LTIR Lupul and Horton totally 10.5m. Leafs able still man a full roster at the cap come season opening. Let's imagine if Matthews and Marner were injured golfing tomorrow and were out for the season. The "10% rule" wouldn't allow the Leafs to sign UFAs to compensate the for the cap loss by the Leafs. No, the Leafs would spending 22m immediately to fill out their roster

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage