Forums/Armchair-GM

JBB doesnt trade players for picks

Créé par: Jukinators
Équipe: 2023-24 Lightning de Tampa Bay
Date de création initiale: 28 juin 2023
Publié: 28 juin 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This is about the pick return I expect for Colton, I expected another low round pick to also be included but whatever.

JBB is in a spot most gms don’t survive in. Similar to the 2015 blackhawks this team is old and run down. The black hawks didn’t recognize this and went for it and look where they have been for the past half a decade. Now I don’t believe that this team is done and I knwo chicago didn’t have as many long term team friendly contracts as Tampa does but if you go go go eventually you will fall on your face. I truly don’t know what JBB is going to do tonight because I feel this pick has to be moved but there is always a chance he actually drafts with this pick and inserts a new young and talented player to our very dry prospect pool.

Ross will be missed. Depending on what his contract looks like is how I grade this deal at the end of the day. Anything below 3.5 is a loss for JBB which doesn’t look great on his recent streak of losses. (I’m not giving up on jeannot)
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
42 100 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
11 500 000 $
22 150 000 $
22 000 000 $
2800 000 $
Transactions
TBL
    Anywhere
    SJS
    1. Myers, Philippe
    2. Choix de 6e ronde en 2025 (TBL)
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de TBL
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2183 500 000 $83 182 500 $0 $82 500 $317 500 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
    C, AD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
    AD
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
    AG, C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 8
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 6
    2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
    C, AG
    NTC
    UFA - 6
    800 000 $800 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA - 2
    820 000 $820 000 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
    AG
    RFA - 1
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA
    800 000 $800 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 8
    762 500 $762 500 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    5 200 000 $5 200 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 8
    800 000 $800 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    2 150 000 $2 150 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 2
    1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 2
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    850 000 $850 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    28 juin 2023 à 12 h 44
    Rejoint: nov. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 14,520
    For months certain posters laughed at anyone who made a trade with Tampa for a pick
    zibby805 a aimé ceci.
    28 juin 2023 à 12 h 49
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: juill. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 91
    Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
    For months certain posters laughed at anyone who made a trade with Tampa for a pick

I was called a fake fan because I had Tampa trading colton for the 34th pick a month ago. Some people act like that are in the war room with JBB and trust everything he says to the media as if it is the Bible. Those people are often wrong
    zibby805 a aimé ceci.
    28 juin 2023 à 13 h 0
    Rejoint: nov. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 10,387
    The Colton trade to me smacks of a Killorn return on a team friendly deal. Otherwise, this was an L for JBB and the Bolts.
    JTBF81 a aimé ceci.
    28 juin 2023 à 13 h 11
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Hawksguy81
    The Colton trade to me smacks of a Killorn return on a team friendly deal. Otherwise, this was an L for JBB and the Bolts.

It was reported unless Tampa can move money which by now they have done, that killorn returning is looking less likely. At this point don’t overpay to keep him. Trade the pick and prospects for a ld and sign guys like wood to fill the Rostee with speed. Only way i see this trade as a true loss is if ross signs for below 3.5
    Hawksguy81 a aimé ceci.
    28 juin 2023 à 13 h 20
    Rejoint: nov. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 10,387
    Quoting: Jukinators
    It was reported unless Tampa can move money which by now they have done, that killorn returning is looking less likely. At this point don’t overpay to keep him. Trade the pick and prospects for a ld and sign guys like wood to fill the Rostee with speed. Only way i see this trade as a true loss is if ross signs for below 3.5

Agreed. If he signs for that or less, big L for Tampa.
    28 juin 2023 à 13 h 55
    Rejoint: avr. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 36
    ya that one troll thats on here saying he's a season ticket holder was laughing when i said McLeod and bahl for colton, saying that wasn't enough for him. and i thought i was reaching with that
    28 juin 2023 à 13 h 59
    Mentions "j'aime": 556
    Quoting: Hawksguy81

Because it is a giant L for Tampa. After seeing what Newhook, Sharangovich, Lehkonen last year(yes I know it was at the tdl), and others comparable to Colton went for, it was a terrible trade for Tampa unless Killorn is somehow staying. They will not be able to.replace these losses with 1-1.5 million scrubs, so I guess the win now philosophy JBB has been spouting left and right is no longer the approach perhaps.
    Hawksguy81 a aimé ceci.
    28 juin 2023 à 14 h 6
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: JTBF81
    Because it is a giant L for Tampa. After seeing what Newhook, Sharangovich, Lehkonen last year(yes I know it was at the tdl), and others comparable to Colton went for, it was a terrible trade for Tampa unless Killorn is somehow staying. They will not be able to.replace these losses with 1-1.5 million scrubs, so I guess the win now philosophy JBB has been spouting left and right is no longer the approach perhaps.

But JBB would never trade a roster play for picks!!
    28 juin 2023 à 14 h 9
    Démarrer sujet

Also is this still speculation or can you start to admit that when reporters report something it’s most likely because it is true.
    28 juin 2023 à 15 h 18
    But JBB would never trade a roster play for picks!!

JBB is.proving as of late to.be far from the caliber of his predecessor. Most of the trades he has made since the Hagel trade perhaps have been mediocre to awful, and this further moves him in the wrong direction for a team supposedly focused on "winning now". The team is also not old, as most of the core is still in their 20's or literally just turned 30, aside from Stamkos and Hedman, who are also only 33 and 32. It was a bad return for a player that has the tools to work well in the top 6 in Tampa for many years. They traded a very large amount for a much worse player in Jeannot, then valued him moving ahead over Colton, as without Jeannot, they could have allotted more to Colton(or Killorn for that matter), while spending less for a bottom 6 player.

Instead, they then move Colton for something that won't help them now, keep Jeannot(most likely), and try to fill in now multiple bottom 6 roles and now a top 6 winger role with someone who isn't top 6 material. Unless they pivot back to Killorn and somehow keep him, the F core is looking like a nice piece of Swiss cheese.
    28 juin 2023 à 15 h 21
    Also is this still speculation or can you start to admit that when reporters report something it’s most likely because it is true.

What report lol, Friedman reported the trade minutes(maybe an hour tops) before it was officially announced. Everything before that was just opinion and speculation(much of which was also from reporters piggybacking off of one rumor in order.to get hits).
    28 juin 2023 à 15 h 43
    Démarrer sujet
    What report lol, Friedman reported the trade minutes(maybe an hour tops) before it was officially announced. Everything before that was just opinion and speculation(much of which was also from reporters piggybacking off of one rumor in order.to get hits).

there were reports that Colton had priced his way out of Tampa. I Brought those up to you but they were just speculation according to you. Maybe news does leak out of Tampa. Maybe JBB isn't the genius you think he is. Maybe just maybe this team is screwed.
    28 juin 2023 à 16 h 6
    there were reports that Colton had priced his way out of Tampa. I Brought those up to you but they were just speculation according to you. Maybe news does leak out of Tampa. Maybe JBB isn't the genius you think he is. Maybe just maybe this team is screwed.

I never said JBB was a genius, and nothing you wrote is anything more than your opinion and/or speculation. Until Colton and others sign, it will be difficult to say he priced himself out of Tampa. News rarely leaks out of Tampa, and it wasn't exactly a big stretch for some analysts to look at Tampa's cap and say, maybe Colton has to go. One or two mentions and it gets run with by many. Brisebois made the latest in a series of bad moves as of late, so while most Tampa fans were hopeful(and provided realistic options for keeping either AK or RC), it wasn't surprising JBB **** the bed again. The fact that he has apparently valued keeping Tanner Jeannot over either Killorn or Colton is just....
    28 juin 2023 à 16 h 15
    Rejoint: mai 2023
    Mentions "j'aime": 269

newhook is not a comparable as he is 22 but I agree with the sentiment
    28 juin 2023 à 16 h 20
    JBB is.proving as of late to.be far from the caliber of his predecessor. Most of the trades he has made since the Hagel trade perhaps have been mediocre to awful, and this further moves him in the wrong direction for a team supposedly focused on "winning now". The team is also not old, as most of the core is still in their 20's or literally just turned 30, aside from Stamkos and Hedman, who are also only 33 and 32. It was a bad return for a player that has the tools to work well in the top 6 in Tampa for many years. They traded a very large amount for a much worse player in Jeannot, then valued him moving ahead over Colton, as without Jeannot, they could have allotted more to Colton(or Killorn for that matter), while spending less for a bottom 6 player.

Instead, they then move Colton for something that won't help them now, keep Jeannot(most likely), and try to fill in now multiple bottom 6 roles and now a top 6 winger role with someone who isn't top 6 material. Unless they pivot back to Killorn and somehow keep him, the F core is looking like a nice piece of Swiss cheese.

Even the hagel trade was a massive overpay at the time and while it has aged well, we still lost raddysh which I think still tips the balance of that trade in chicagos favor even after the monster season that hagel had. Every trade that JBB has every done he has overpaid for in the moment, except the JT miller trade where he got a decent return and that was one of his first trades. He has had trades that aged well like coleman and goodrow but in the moment which is what matters to me... he overpaid big time for them. JBB has never paid market value and has gotten very lucky with how players have fit in our system in my opinion, he needs to be fired
    28 juin 2023 à 17 h 6
    Quoting: LordStanlersCup
    newhook is not a comparable as he is 22 but I agree with the sentiment

And has played two full seasons as well. Most Avs fans I've read or spoken with seemed willing to part with him, as while he has potential, he has not been great with them. Colton has a more complete game and is better now, so I felt that his return should have been comparable.
    28 juin 2023 à 17 h 22
    And has played two full seasons as well. Most Avs fans I've read or spoken with seemed willing to part with him, as while he has potential, he has not been great with them. Colton has a more complete game and is better now, so I felt that his return should have been comparable.

he is already putting up similar numbers to colton at 22 (I think colton will improve) but newhooks ceiling is just so much higher. While colton does provide grit, Newhook has a lot more skill and being 4 years younger means alot in terms of trade value.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage