SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock Draft 1.0 (with explanations)

Mock Draft 1.0 (with explanations)

Cuvée de repêchage: 2023
Créé par: CapsJets
Publié: 20 juin 2023 à 14 h 27
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-No need to over think this, Bedard has all the tools to be a generational talent. Chicago runs to the podium to select their franchise piece.
2Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Reminds me a bit of the McDavid / Eichel draft at 1 & 2. Fantilli had a phenomenal year in the NCAA and looks like a stud. Zegras, McTavish & Fantilli is a deadly trio to build around.
3Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-A big riser in my rankings lately. I think Columbus could be looking to make a bit of a swing with new head coach, and their GM potentially on the hot seat. Smith is an unbelievable skater, probably the best in the draft, and could make a highly skilled top 6 center along with another highly drafted forward, Kent Johnson. Pair that with Gaudreau, Laine, & Sillinger and I think Babcock has some talent to work with in the near future.
4Logo de Sharks de San Jose-Another pick where San Jose runs to the podium. Carlsson is a high end, two-way centerman at the next level. Could be like a bigger Nicklas Backstrom which is a scary thought. Solid in his own end, high IQ, with good offensive tools. Sharks building a solid pool of prospects.
5Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Canadiens pick at #5 is where the draft really beings. The top 4 IMO are set in stone, in some order (this is my prediction right now), but 5 is where things get interesting. Montreal has a lot of skilled forwards in their lineup, and in their pipeline, so I think they are looking to bolster their D-core. Reinbacher projects to be a solid right shooting, top 4 dman which are very valuable in today's NHL. Reminds me a bit of Seider coming out of the draft. Red Wings surprised people with that selection, I could see Montreal doing the same here. Also, they don't need more puck moving dman as they have a few of those (Hutson most notably) so this is the selection for me at pick 5.
6Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Michkov might be the most intriguing prospect in this years draft. Last year, it was Bedard vs Michkov, and this year all of the sudden he's fallen off. He may have not had the year that Bedard had, but I think Michkov has all the tools to be an elite NHL player. Arizona has had a plethora of high draft picks in the past few drafts, so they are in a position to take the best player available here. Michkov has made it difficult on teams to interview him, but Arizona is in a position where they can take this risk. Hopefully he comes to the states to play within the next few seasons, and could have a Panarin like affect on the Coyotes. Worst case scenario, he doesn't want to play/sign in the desert, and the Coyotes have a high coveted asset that other teams may want to acquire via trade.
7Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Philly goes after a highly talented, big bodied winger in this year's draft. Similar to when they drafted Cutter Gauthier 5th overall last year, they get another player who projects to be a similar player at the NHL level. Philly could have two very solid, skilled, big bodies playmakers to flank whichever centerman they have in their top 6 in a few seasons.
8Logo de Capitals de Washington-Capitals I'm sure were really hoping Michkov fell into their lap, but in this scenario he does not. Benson is a bit undersized, but in today's NHL that is starting to matter less and less. Benson is a highly talented playmaking centerman who I believe could be a steal at 8 here for the Caps. With Ovi trying to break the goal scoring record in the next couple of years, what better to add to your team than a playmaker like Benson.
9Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Red Wings go out and take a highly offensively skilled player with an NHL frame. Needs to fill out a bit, but the organization shows patience with prospects. Sale shows good ability to score, as well as create for others. Will be a valuable piece to the Red Wings top 6 for many years.
10Logo de Blues de St-Louis-The second dman off the board is Sandin-Pellikka. A highly offensive dman who makes a great first pass, and also looks like he could be a quarterback on a powerplay at the next level. St Louis bolsters their D core with this pick as they are an aging team (especially on the back end), and their powerplay guy, Krug is not getting any younger.
11Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Canucks really look at Dman here, but with the top 2 off the board, I don't think they make a small reach for Gulyayev here. Instead, they go with a player who they probably didn't think would be here outside of the top 10. Dvorsky projects to be a top 6 centerman who could eventually take a role behind Elias Pettersson to form a great 1-2 punch down the middle for the Canucks.
12Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Sénateurs d'OttawaArizona's second pick inside the top 12, they go with Gulyayev with this selection. Michkov at 6, and now his countrymen Gulyayev with the next. Not only does this make it more likely the two of them might want to come to camp/join the team together, it also gives Arizona a high end puck moving Dman. With the departure of Chychrun, a spot on the powerplay has opened up, and he could definitely be that guy to win the job.
13Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Buffalo selects an offensively gifted winger to add to their deep prospect pool. I feel like the Sabres are close to breaking that barrier and becoming a consistent playoff team, and maybe this pick will help push them over that edge.
14Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh has one of the weakest prospect pools in the NHL but they start rebuilding it here with the selction of Barlow. New GM Kyle Dubas loves the OHL, and Barlow has been a terrific player at that level for the past few seasons. Barlow projects to be a high end complementary piece on a top line, he doesn't strike me as a player that can "drive the bus" on a top line, but could be the third best player on a contending top line. Sounds like a shot, but it's not at all. Could see him getting some playing time with Sid or Malkin in the next few seasons, and producing very well. It takes a special player to be able to play with good players, and I think he has this gift.
15Logo de Predators de Nashville-Scouts have described Heidt's game as "nasty". Even though he is a tad undersized for that role traditionally in the NHL, I think the Predators are extremely happy to select the Prince George Cougar in the middle of the 1st round. After trading Tanner Jeanott last trade deadline, the Preds need some more players that are hard to play against, and Heidt seems to be that guy.
16Logo de Flames de Calgary-Moore projects to be a solid NHL player with a lot of intangibles. Hard working, elite skater, good anticipation, and puts up good offensive numbers. What organization wouldn't want to add a player like this to their prospect pool? I see Moore as a middle 6 centerman at the next level, but definitely could be a top 6 guy. Think prime Mikael Backlund with this pick.
17Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Islanders de New YorkRed Wings add another high end winger in the first round in this draft. Sale, and now Ryan Leonard from the USNTDP who is a Boston College commit. Good offensive abilities in both being able to score, as well as create for others. Scouts have also said he is a talented skater who can create offence off the rush which is important in today's NHL. I also see Leonard as a smart player in his own end as well. Another good pick for Yzerman at #17 overall.
18Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Jets stay in Manitoba and select the Brandon Wheat King captain, Danielson at #18. I think the Jets are bound to make some other moves on draft night, but in this mock draft I have them starting this "new era" with this selection at #18. Danielson is a terrific skater with quick hands who has produced offensively at every level he's played. I see a middle 6 projection on Danielson, but for a Jets team that could be entering a serious rebuild, I think this is a great pick here.
19Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayAfter drafting Bedard, the Hawks look to add a solid second line centerman behind him at pick #19 with Calum Ritchie. Good hockey sense, and a bit of an edge that comes with his intense work ethic is what makes Ritchie a successful player, and will make him a solid contributer at the NHL level.
20Logo de Kraken de Seattle-After a nice post season run, the Kraken look to add some size and skill to their forward prospect pool and they get that combination with the Sudbury Wolves forward, Musty. He projects as a middle 6 winger, with top 6 upside. Think Alex Killorn with this pick.
21Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Wild go out and keep the run on CHL forwards going with this selection. Yager is a player with high upside in my opinion, good shot, plays with confidence. Wild get another good, young forward to add to their group.
22Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLogo de Kings de Los AngelesFlyers second pick in the first round will see them select an offsensive Dman with this #22 overall pick. Another CHL player off the board, and a potential future powerplay player for the Flyers.
23Logo de Rangers de New York-Pinelli produced very well in the OHL playoffs this season which will be attractive for the Rangers who seemingly have all the tools to win, but haven't put it all together in a long time. Pinelli has a strong work ethic, good skills, and should be a productive NHL player. I've seen him compared to Ryan O'Rielly, and why wouldn't a team that is trying to compete not want to add a player like that?
24Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Oilers d'EdmontonPreds second pick in the draft will see them too stay in the CHL to select a dman. This is the 7th player in a row from the CHL drafted in my mock. Price is a solid dman to add to the Preds cupboard of prospects. Scouts have concerns about his consistency, but I don't think new GM Barry Trotz is that worried, as lots of young dman have this issue. He has good compete level, and good enough skating to get by the NHL. I've seen an Adam Pelech comparison, but I would like to see a bit more edge to his game, and model his style around a possible future teammate in Ryan McDonagh.
25Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoThe third member of the USNTDP top line off the board after Smith & Leonard get taken earlier. Perreault has tremendous offensive upside, but some scouts have said his work ethic on the defensive side of the puck looks lazy which is why he has slipped a bit in this mock. He puts up points, and in the right situation, could become an elite point producing player. Think Jake Guentzel with this pick for the Blues.
26Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Devils du New JerseySharks draft another Swede in round 1 with Lindstein. Some scouts think he the best pure "defender" in this years draft. Skating is good, not great, offensive ability has left some scouts wanting more, but he also plays in the SHL and plays against men. I think this is a terrific pick for the Sharks, maybe not the most flashy, but these are the types of dman that you win with.
27Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-Avalanche are in a position to take the best player available, and they do that with Stenberg. With elite skating, solid 200 foot play, quick hands, and a good shot, Stenberg could eventually see himself taking over as a top 6 player in Colorado alongside the likes of Mackinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog, Newhook, and Nichushkin. His good defensive game would also allow him to play in the middle 6 as well, and make up that ice time on the PK. I've seen a comparison of Mitch Marner, to Morgan Geekie, so depending on his development and situation, that might determine how we grade this draft pick in the next few years.
28Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Bruins de BostonLeafs get Honzek who seemingly falls into their lab at pick #28. A player that Brad Treliving would seeminly love with a big frame, a bit of an edge, and a very good skater... especially for his size. Scouts have expressed their desire for him to get to more dirty areas, and be less of a perimeter player, but I think that the Leafs could get the best out of him playing alongside some of their highly skilled forwards. The comparison I saw was Jamie Benn, which is exactly the type of player that the Leafs could use in the playoffs. Not always the most flashy, but gets the job done.
29Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Stars de DallasSt. Louis has put together quite the draft so far, and it continues with the big bodies Finish winger, Halttunen. Although an awkward skater, Halttunen uses his size and skill to be an effective player. Think Islander captain, Andres Lee here.
30Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Hurricanes get a hard working winger to add to their prospect pool. Gauthier has produced good numbers in the QMJHL, but it's his work ethic that catches scouts attention. Good pick here for a team coached by Rod Brind'Amour.
31Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Panthers de la FlorideEverything you read about this kid starts with some form of "size & skill combo". That's all Montreal needs to see to add him to their prospect pool. After the selection of Reinbacher at #5, Hughes will be looking to add a forward, and what about a player in the mold of the 1st overall pick last year in Juraj Slafkovsky
32Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Vegas closes out the 1st round with a tough choice. I had a couple of names of here but was really torn between Swedish dman Tom Willander, and Charlie Stramel, but I ended up going with Stramel because I think he provides the better upside in the post season as a big framed, high IQ centerman. He projects to be a middle 6 centerman at the next level.
20 juin 2023 à 16 h 9
WPGSK
Rejoint: juin 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 232
Nate Danielson to WPG at 18 is my prediction as well.
20 juin 2023 à 17 h 47
Wild2025
Rejoint: mars 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 34
Something tells me if Michkov is sitting there at 7 Arizona deals back for multiple other picks. Maybe 10 or 11. I just cannot see him coming over to play in Arizona. No offense but until they get an arena solution or move to another city players won't want to go there. I think Keller wants out, Cooley would prefer out among others. It's sad for the few diehards in Arizona but the situation has gotten bad.
20 juin 2023 à 17 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,082
This is impressive! Lot's of detail. As a CHI fan, I would not pick Ritchie at 19. I definitely would have picked Moore, Leonard, or Danielson if they weren't taken right before that pick though. haha. Considering what's available, I think CHI would be looking at Musty, Perrault, Honzek, or But.
20 juin 2023 à 20 h 4
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,428
I can all but guarantee the Blues won't be taking any of those three players in the 1st round. And overall you have way too many wingers way too high.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage