SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Calling out an abuse of power

10 juin 2023 à 21 h 5
A-toad-a-so
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 275
I hope you're all doing well and enjoying the lively discussions on this platform. Today, I want to address an ongoing issue that has persisted for far too long: the abuse of power by one of our moderators, Ajp_18. It's time for us to come together and raise our voices against this behavior that tarnishes the integrity of our conversations.

Over the years, many of us have witnessed Ajp_18 deleting comments that present factual information and well-reasoned counterpoints to their own views. This not only hinders the free flow of ideas but also prevents us from engaging in meaningful discussions and expanding our knowledge about the game we love.

It's disheartening to see a moderator deleting comments solely to protect their own ego and avoid being proven wrong. As a community, we should value open and respectful dialogue, where everyone's voice is heard and considered. We should embrace diverse opinions and be willing to challenge our own perspectives.

I understand that some of you may have already experienced this issue firsthand. I encourage you to take action and voice your concerns. Together, we can make a difference and bring about positive change on CapFriendly. Let's hold Ajp_18 accountable for their actions and ensure that all users are treated fairly and respectfully.

I kindly request that each and every one of you reach out to CapFriendly's email address at contact@capfriendly.com to submit your complaints regarding Ajp_18's abuse of power. It is only through our collective effort that we can draw attention to this matter and urge the CapFriendly team to take action.

Our goal is to foster a vibrant, inclusive, and knowledgeable community of hockey enthusiasts. By addressing this issue head-on, we can create an environment where healthy discussions thrive, where facts and differing opinions are respected, and where moderators uphold their responsibilities with fairness and integrity.

Let's make our voices heard and work towards making CapFriendly an even better platform for all of us. Together, we can ensure that our shared passion for hockey is celebrated in a respectful and inclusive manner.

Thank you for your support and for joining me in this important endeavor.
GhostGM92 a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2023 à 21 h 38
Démarrer sujet
A-toad-a-so
This is so I can share the screenshot of him admitting it. This has gone on for years and I’ve lost countless posts and valid, well-thought comments because he gets shown to be wrong about something trivial and his ego can’t take it.

It is crucial to ensure that moderators uphold the values of fairness, impartiality, and transparency. By allowing a moderator to arbitrarily delete comments and control the narrative based on personal bias, the overall integrity of the discussions on CapFriendly.com is compromised, hindering the growth and positive experience of the user community.

Tintin a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2023 à 22 h 12
Démarrer sujet
A-toad-a-so
I’ve finally just gotten my first infraction in 8 years for calling out this mod. This is exactly what I was afraid of.

Problem is, cap friendly won’t do anything about it so I have no choice now but to bring attention to the issue in any way possible.
Tintin et GhostGM92 a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2023 à 23 h 38
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,441
I want to apologize if I have offended you or anyone on the site by doing this, that was not my intent. I was only trying to remove myself from getting targeted by other users.

My only intent was to learn new things and move forward without getting called out by every user on the forums, I don’t care about ego or anything else. We are all just hockey fan creating our own idea. I have only ever deleted things that I’ve said or I’ve been quoted on.

I know I can’t bring back the works that have been deleted, and can promise not to delete anything that doesn’t break the rules in the future.

Apologies

Ajp_18

Ps - I also want you to know I haven’t given you a single infraction or wanting for anything you’ve done. That was not me, that was someone else.
Prison_Goalie_Rick a aimé ceci.
11 juin 2023 à 0 h 0
Démarrer sujet
A-toad-a-so
Quoting: Ajp_18
I want to apologize if I have offended you or anyone on the site by doing this, that was not my intent. I was only trying to remove myself from getting targeted by other users.

My only intent was to learn new things and move forward without getting called out by every user on the forums, I don’t care about ego or anything else. We are all just hockey fan creating our own idea. I have only ever deleted things that I’ve said or I’ve been quoted on.

I know I can’t bring back the works that have been deleted, and can promise not to delete anything that doesn’t break the rules in the future.

Apologies

Ajp_18

Ps - I also want you to know I haven’t given you a single infraction or wanting for anything you’ve done. That was not me, that was someone else.

Thank you for your apology and acknowledgment of the unintended consequences of your actions on CapFriendly. I appreciate your efforts to address the issue and commit to refraining from deleting comments that do not break the rules moving forward.

However, I would like to take this opportunity to emphasize the significant impact that the deletion of comments has had on the community as a whole. It goes beyond the individual offense caused by removing others' contributions; it also disrupts the flow of meaningful discussions, stifles diverse viewpoints, and undermines the spirit of open dialogue that CapFriendly should foster.

One important aspect of any community is the notion of equal treatment for all its members. It is essential that every user is held to the same standards and expectations. Currently, CapFriendly does not allow users to delete their own comments, as it rightly recognizes the potential for abuse and the impact it can have on the community's integrity. Therefore, it is essential that moderators also adhere to this principle and refrain from removing comments, except in cases where they violate the platform's rules.

I urge you to reflect on the broader implications of these actions and the long-lasting effects they have had on the CapFriendly community. It is not just about saving face or avoiding embarrassment; it is about upholding fairness, fostering an inclusive environment, and ensuring that all users feel valued and heard.

Moving forward, I hope to see a genuine commitment to promoting respectful dialogue, embracing diverse perspectives, and treating all users equally. By doing so, we can rebuild trust and create a community that thrives on the exchange of ideas and the shared love for hockey.

Moreover, I encourage CapFriendly to reflect on the lasting impact of these actions and consider implementing safeguards to prevent similar occurrences in the future. This way, we can collectively ensure that CapFriendly remains a place where hockey fans can engage in respectful and meaningful conversations.

Thank you once again for your apology and for taking steps to improve the situation. I hope we can work together to create a more inclusive and respectful community on CapFriendly.
Ajp_18 et Tintin a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage