Forums/Armchair-GM

What did Jersey do to the sign and trade market

Créé par: Campabee
Équipe: 2023-24 Devils du New Jersey
Date de création initiale: 9 juin 2023
Publié: 9 juin 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Did Jersey just tank the sign and trade market by trading Severson with an extension for basically the price of trading his signing rights? A top 4 RHD with an agreed 8 year extension should have gotten a very heafty return, instead all Jersey got was a 3rd round pick. I know they have a lot of players to resign but man that might have just screwed teams like the Jets who are looking to cash in on a sign and trade of PLD, hopefully this is just a one off thing but if not there will be a ton of disappointed fans across the league.
Transactions
NJD
    WPG
    1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2025 (NJD)
    Détails additionnels:
    Had to make a trade and show similar value

Assume sign and trade 2 years x 2.25 mil
    Rachats de contrats
    Frais appliqués
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de COL
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de NJD
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    1283 500 000 $49 217 500 $422 500 $1 382 500 $34 282 500 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Devils du New Jersey
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
    C
    UFA - 7
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA - 2
    7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
    C
    UFA - 4
    894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
    AD, C
    RFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 5
    9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
    DG/DD, AG
    UFA - 1
    4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 4
    850 833 $850 833 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
    G
    RFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance925 000 $$925K)
    DG/DD
    RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    9 juin 2023 à 12 h 44
    Syd Barret
    Rejoint: sept. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 479
    This sure sounds like a habs fan just trying to justify the ridiculous PLD proposals they make on a daily basis lol.
    Unfortunately for you guys you just lost ALL the leverage when he said he would sign with multiple teams AND he would want more money to go to a rebuilding team. Which is what the Habs are.
    9 juin 2023 à 12 h 47
    Speak of the Devil
    Rejoint: nov. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
    PLD and Severson are completely different situations

UFA rights are not worth much
    SydBarrett et MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
    9 juin 2023 à 12 h 50
    MisstheWhalers
    Rejoint: janv. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 12,385
    Quoting: Campabee
    I hope that's the case, I just think that trading a Severson for a 3rd with an extension in place is bad for the market. Look at it this way Florida paid a 1st and 3rd for Chairot without an extention in place. Montreal paid a 4th just to acquire the rights to Allen, is Severson with an extension only worth a slightly better pick than an unsigned Allen? IMO Severson with an extension agreed upon should have gotten a 1st + or at least 2 2nds.

The Chiarot trade and Severson are not at all related either.
    Devil a aimé ceci.
    9 juin 2023 à 12 h 50
    Rejoint: juill. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 299
    Sure he can, it's called an OS and he has already said he is willing to go that route before

That’s not walking as an RFA. Winnipeg still retains his signing rights until an offer sheet is signed or a trade happens. I really don’t think you understand the concept of RFA.
    MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
    9 juin 2023 à 12 h 51
    Speak of the Devil
    Yes he could have but he didn't he signed and then was traded. That's my point, at the time of the official trade he was signed for 8 more years and Jersey knew this was the case. It wasn't like they traded his signing rights then he extended. I don't really care about the value of PLD it worries me more in terms of the Habs trade market next year or the year after. Look at it this way, if Montreal traded Drouins rights he may return a 4th or 5th round pick, now if they had a deal in place to sign him then trade him his value should be a late 2nd early 3rd depending on term and cap hit. Severson should have been worth at least double that IMO

So do you think it is fair if the Devils traded Severson's UFA rights for a third?
    9 juin 2023 à 12 h 59
    MisstheWhalers
    Quoting: jnorrrr
    That’s not walking as an RFA. Winnipeg still retains his signing rights until an offer sheet is signed or a trade happens. I really don’t think you understand the concept of RFA.

They're probably just trying to troll Jets fans or stir 💩 up on here.
    jnorrrr a aimé ceci.
    9 juin 2023 à 12 h 59
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: nov. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 6,449
    Quoting: pensburgh571
    This sure sounds like a habs fan just trying to justify the ridiculous PLD proposals they make on a daily basis lol.
    Unfortunately for you guys you just lost ALL the leverage when he said he would sign with multiple teams AND he would want more money to go to a rebuilding team. Which is what the Habs are.

You really didn't look at any of my ACGM's involving PLD have you. Almost every one of them is a 1st + Kidney + Dvorak and lately I have been adding a 2nd or 3rd because the Panthers pick is so late. Basically the trades I make are similar to those made by Jets fans who aren't asking for 3 1sts. Also as I said many times throughout this ACGM, I don't care about how this affects PLD, I care about how it affects or if it even does affect players now and in the future (especiallythe Habs players).
    Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
    9 juin 2023 à 13 h 2
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Devil
    So do you think it is fair if the Devils traded Severson's UFA rights for a third?

IMO, yes Severson without the extension should have gotten a 3rd or 4th. With an extension I would have expected it to be a much better package
    9 juin 2023 à 13 h 7
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: MisstheWhalers
    They're probably just trying to troll Jets fans or stir 💩 up on here.

Why do you think I am trolling the Jets? Because I mentioned them and PLD? I only mentioned them cause they were the first team I thought of with multiple big contracts expiring in the next year. I suppose thinking about it now I could have used the Rags as well with Kane and Tarasenko expiring. Would you expect either of them to only return a 3rd if they were traded with an extension in place? I wouldn't
    Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
    9 juin 2023 à 13 h 14
    Speak of the Devil
    IMO, yes Severson without the extension should have gotten a 3rd or 4th. With an extension I would have expected it to be a much better package

The only reason there was an extension was because Columbus/Severson wanted the extra year

It does not add any value to the trade

Same reason Matthew Tkachuk was signed for 8 years then traded to Florida
    9 juin 2023 à 13 h 18
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Devil
    The only reason there was an extension was because Columbus/Severson wanted the extra year

It does not add any value to the trade

Same reason Matthew Tkachuk was signed for 8 years then traded to Florida

I see, I just feel like a signed Severson would/should be worth a t least 2 2nds but if I am looking at it wrong I apologize and I guess that's why I am not an NHL GM lol
    9 juin 2023 à 13 h 25
    Rejoint: juill. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 299
    Why do you think I am trolling the Jets? Because I mentioned them and PLD? I only mentioned them cause they were the first team I thought of with multiple big contracts expiring in the next year. I suppose thinking about it now I could have used the Rags as well with Kane and Tarasenko expiring. Would you expect either of them to only return a 3rd if they were traded with an extension in place? I wouldn't

Nobody is gonna do a sign and trade for Kane with his hip surgery shelfing him for 6 months. I could possibly see one with Tarasenko but definitely not Kane.
    9 juin 2023 à 13 h 31
    MisstheWhalers

Yes I would, they're essentially already UFAs, teams aren't going to pony up big assets for a guy that close to UFA.

Cbus bought DS's 8th year for a 3rd, again its minor business.
    Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.
    9 juin 2023 à 13 h 35
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: MisstheWhalers
    Yes I would, they're essentially already UFAs, teams aren't going to pony up big assets for a guy that close to UFA.

Cbus bought DS's 8th year for a 3rd, again its minor business.

Ok I guess I am just looking at the situation wrong, that's fair. I apologize for making you think I was trying to troll or whatever, that was far from my intention
    MisstheWhalers et Andy_Dick a aimé ceci.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage