SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Because Why Not?

Because Why Not?

Cuvée de repêchage: 2023
Créé par: tarasenko91
Publié: 2 juin 2023 à 17 h 31
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-Yea.... no brainer. Next generational talent is here.
2Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Hobey Baker winner. Will be a nice piece with Zegras in the top 6 for the next 10 years plus. Not a bad "Consolation"
3Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Extreme upside. Smith could go here as well. But like Leo bit better and can be legit 1 C one day.
4Logo de Sharks de San Jose-Would this be a surprise instead of Michkov going here? Think he slides... Smith has it all with puck skills and creativity. Michkov 1-B
5Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Reach? Played with Smith on that top USNTPD line. Canada's team surprises us with Leonard over Michkov.
6Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Geez finally....Only arguably the best Russian draft prospect since Ovi. Gonna need to wait till that KHL contract expires though first Zona fans.
7Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-May be another reach but Torts love these two way hard nose players and Nate is that guy. Can kill PK's and be a bull in front. High on this kid.
8Logo de Capitals de Washington-Future top 4 dman who can play with flair. Fits in Washington well I think. Need some dman prospects.
9Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Reinbacher falling here is too salavating for Stevie Y to pass up here. Adds another elite D prospect to Detroit. Stacking that blueline.
10Logo de Blues de St-Louis-Boy if this happens STL can thank there lucky stars Benson falling all the way here for them would be a miracle. Adds versatility can play wing and center and had 98 pts in 60 games with the WHL Ice. Tarasenko replacement?
11Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Van need a pure scorer and Dvorksy does just that. Will fill the net for you and Canucks can surely use it. Gives high energy effort.
12Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Sénateurs d'OttawaEither Heidt here or Oliver Moore I think makes the most sense. They need depth down the middle and Heidt can do everything up top. Don't look at the numbers Heidt is way more than that. Arizona will be please I think.
13Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Sale has fallin just a little bitnd slides to 13 here to Buffalo. They will take it though. Offers combos of speed, size and skill. Top 6 potential.
14Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Love this guys skating ability. Could see him go higher as well. Future 1C potential.
15Logo de Predators de Nashville-Back 2 back Olly's! Going to be a stead reliable good top 4 defender for a long time I believe. Has all the tools of a shutdown defensive d-man.
16Logo de Flames de Calgary-Probably one of if not the most enigmatic players in the draft. Little undersized, great passer/playmaker.
17Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Islanders de New YorkHigh hockey IQ type player. Excellent shot and will be a killer on the PP.
18Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Well rounded winger, good goal scorer. Needs work defensively. Can bury the puck though.
19Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayExcellent compliment to Bedard. Plays in all situations. Will run a PP and kill a PK. Good quality 2 way play.
20Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Former no 1 overall pick in OHL draft. Great offensive skill, plays witha little pizazz to him and likes to make plays. Scoring output could see him play sooner than later in Seattle.
21Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Huge kid at 6'5 also brings the skills to boot. Needs little fine tuning and some development but man if he gets it together. Watch the heck out.
22Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Kings de Los AngelesGreat wheels and hard hat on this kid. Takes no plays off constant motor. Will crash the net and annoy you up and down the ice. Love to that kinda guy on your team.
23Logo de Rangers de New York-Good size and speed combo. PPG player for the Generals in the OHL.
24Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Oilers d'EdmontonMan another 2 way guy that can play Center or Wing. Stock riser, not huge player but not afraid either. Soft hands,good hockey IQ all around.
25Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoBlues like Russians and why not with this kid? Big kid at 6'4, skates well, and has an impressive 2-way game. All the makings of top pairing right d-man.
26Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Devils du New JerseySaski boy. Unreal release and can finish as well. Dangerous off the rush. Needs to add some weight.
27Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-Big time offensively skilled. Can beat you one-on-one. Pest on the ice. Creates for teammates.
28Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Bruins de BostonWhat a slide here for Toronto. With a smile on there face as well draft this kid. Smaller at 5'10 170lbs put can he create and transtion like no ones business. Almost another forward out there. Will struggle with physicality and get knocked down at times. But steal this late.
29Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Stars de DallasWell rounded, high hockey IQ kid. Great passer and skater. Good one-timer on the PP.
30Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Another stock riser here. Nice size and offensive abilities. Great shot and release. Lacks physicalness but can build up to it with trianing and experience.
31Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Panthers de la FlorideGood vision and playmaking. Creates in small spaces. Cant say the word creator enough here.
32Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-PPG player for the Chicago Steel this past season. Can even kill PK's when called to. Overall, soft hands, good vision, scans the ice and another great game creator.
2 juin 2023 à 18 h 33
Wild2025
Rejoint: mars 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 34
My concern as a Wild fan would be tying up three high picks in the KHL. In addition, (I have no clue what's in BG's mind) one would have to believe if there is a center they like or a huge defensman they would go that route.
2 juin 2023 à 18 h 46
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 445
If the Flyers take Danielson at 7 i'm jumping off a bridge
JoeROFLCOPTER et aedoran a aimé ceci.
2 juin 2023 à 19 h 27
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,677
Think sharks look to take a RD like Dragicevic or Willander at 26 but this isn’t bad. And I like Smith over Michkov for the simple reason Smith isn’t far behind Michkov in potential but is bigger faster and RHS that we badly need plus can play C or RW where Michkov is another LHS wing.
2 juin 2023 à 22 h 40
Joe
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,600
Wouldn't hate it from Detroit.
2 juin 2023 à 23 h 12
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,381
Sorry to say it, but Benson and Pinelli are BRUTAL picks. I'm down with Simashev, though. Meanwhile, Heidt, Cristall, Musty, Brindley and probably Sale are just way too high.
3 juin 2023 à 12 h 58
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 12,063
Detroit shouldn't pass on Benson!
5 juin 2023 à 10 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3
Quoting: mokumboi
Sorry to say it, but Benson and Pinelli are BRUTAL picks. I'm down with Simashev, though. Meanwhile, Heidt, Cristall, Musty, Brindley and probably Sale are just way too high.

I have to know your beef with Benson and why it would be "Brutal"? Ranked mostly top 5 by every scouting service and NHL Draft Pundits. Decent size at 5'10 160lbs. Needs to add some muscle but hes 18 yrs old. Please please explain at 10 how Benson would be BRUTAL. On what basis? 98pts in 68 games. 17pts in 15 playoff games. 7pts in 5 Hlinka Gretzky cup games.

Pinelli you can argue sure. But Benson, GTFO thats a freakin steal at 10. Army is running to the podium in this scenario pal.
5 juin 2023 à 10 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: aedoran
Detroit shouldn't pass on Benson!

I wouldnt either but mokumboi thinks he a brutal pick for some strange reason he cant explain???? Waiting to hear a valid one at least.
aedoran a aimé ceci.
5 juin 2023 à 11 h 21
mokumboi
Quoting: tarasenko91
I have to know your beef with Benson and why it would be "Brutal"? Ranked mostly top 5 by every scouting service and NHL Draft Pundits. Decent size at 5'10 160lbs. Needs to add some muscle but hes 18 yrs old. Please please explain at 10 how Benson would be BRUTAL. On what basis? 98pts in 68 games. 17pts in 15 playoff games. 7pts in 5 Hlinka Gretzky cup games.

Pinelli you can argue sure. But Benson, GTFO thats a freakin steal at 10. Army is running to the podium in this scenario pal.

In what world is 5-10, 160 anything approximating "decent size"? And he is not a C. And he absolutely is NOT "Ranked mostly top 5 by every scouting service and NHL Draft Pundits" - plenty of them have him down neaar 10, and some even have him down in the mid-to-late- teens. He has been dropping in most rankings for months now. He's also an average skater, and most important of all, we do not need any more wingers. Taking a winger when we have other pressing needs would be insane. I have no beef with Benson. I have beef with making picks that make me want to pull my hair out and jump off a bridge in frustration. Tons and tons of small, slow-ish guys have torn up juniors against 17 yos and then can't hack it like that against men. Hockey history is littered with them. Luckily, the Blues don't really do that anymore. They make smart picks now, and I'd like a smart pick. Not to frivolously waste the first top 10 pick we've had in 16 years, which happens to fall in a jackpot of a draft year.

Just take Moore. This is not hard. That dude would be Kyrou's C for a decade, at least. They would terrorize all.
6 juin 2023 à 14 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: mokumboi
In what world is 5-10, 160 anything approximating "decent size"? And he is not a C. And he absolutely is NOT "Ranked mostly top 5 by every scouting service and NHL Draft Pundits" - plenty of them have him down neaar 10, and some even have him down in the mid-to-late- teens. He has been dropping in most rankings for months now. He's also an average skater, and most important of all, we do not need any more wingers. Taking a winger when we have other pressing needs would be insane. I have no beef with Benson. I have beef with making picks that make me want to pull my hair out and jump off a bridge in frustration. Tons and tons of small, slow-ish guys have torn up juniors against 17 yos and then can't hack it like that against men. Hockey history is littered with them. Luckily, the Blues don't really do that anymore. They make smart picks now, and I'd like a smart pick. Not to frivolously waste the first top 10 pick we've had in 16 years, which happens to fall in a jackpot of a draft year.

Just take Moore. This is not hard. That dude would be Kyrou's C for a decade, at least. They would terrorize all.

Ranked #6 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #5 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #6 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #5 by DAILY FACEOFF
Ranked #9 by THE HOCKEY NEWS
Ranked #5 by TSN/BOB McKENZIE
Ranked #6 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #14 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #6 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)
Ranked #7 by SPORTSNET
Ranked #4 by RECRUIT SCOUTING
Ranked #5 by DOBBERPROSPECTS
Ranked #6 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY
Ranked #5 by SMAHT SCOUTING

You're wrong. 5'10 is decent sizing for a forward. He's not small that would be less than 5'10 IMO. He needs to put on weight and will need a couple years minimum before going PRO. His ceiling could be that of a Mitch Marner type. His edgework is fantastic. How many Zach Benson games have you watched BTW this year anyways? He's played a handful of both C/F and profiles and listed as both positions. Hell on the Ice roster he's listed as a C. If hes there at 10 Army will take him over Moore and I love Moore. I guarantee it. Don't know how I can but.....
6 juin 2023 à 15 h 58
mokumboi
Quoting: tarasenko91
Ranked #6 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #5 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #6 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #5 by DAILY FACEOFF
Ranked #9 by THE HOCKEY NEWS
Ranked #5 by TSN/BOB McKENZIE
Ranked #6 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #14 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #6 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)
Ranked #7 by SPORTSNET
Ranked #4 by RECRUIT SCOUTING
Ranked #5 by DOBBERPROSPECTS
Ranked #6 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY
Ranked #5 by SMAHT SCOUTING

You're wrong. 5'10 is decent sizing for a forward. He's not small that would be less than 5'10 IMO. He needs to put on weight and will need a couple years minimum before going PRO. His ceiling could be that of a Mitch Marner type. His edgework is fantastic. How many Zach Benson games have you watched BTW this year anyways? He's played a handful of both C/F and profiles and listed as both positions. Hell on the Ice roster he's listed as a C. If hes there at 10 Army will take him over Moore and I love Moore. I guarantee it. Don't know how I can but.....

Bro... the average NHL player is 6-1, 200. So 5-10, 160 is small. OBVIOUSLY. No amount of spin can change that. And playing SOME center as a tiny dude at the junior level is one thing, playing it in the NHL is quite another.

Also, six of 13 in the top five is not "Ranked mostly top 5 by every scouting service and NHL Draft Pundits" - and that's before we get to the fact that some of the main pundits are not on that list. For instance, Pronman has him 17. And they ALL often overrate small Canadians anyway.

I'm not saying he's not good, I'm not saying he's not gonna be good in the NHL. He's not needed here. If Army took Benson over Moore, I would be furious. Fortunately, that almost certainly is not happening, for a variety of reasons, many which have nothing at all to do with Benson.
7 juin 2023 à 0 h 37
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13
Perreault and Leonard for MTL would quite the haul.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage