Forums/Armchair-GM

2023-24

Créé par: MMXD
Équipe: 2023-24 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 22 mai 2023
Publié: 23 mai 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Please Read Everything Before Commenting anything Negative :)

In this lineup, I would like to tackle the Leafs through a realistic approach. I will have reasons for trades.

I see the Leafs trying to run it back with a new coach, however I feel they need to address some needs. They need heart, and they need proper top 6 LW to be effective. They also need to add more speed to the lineup, as i found they were really slow during the Florida Series.

Feel free to ask any questions about my rationale, I would love to have a friendly discussion about my moves!
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1800 000 $
2950 000 $
33 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
22 000 000 $
31 200 000 $
11 000 000 $
1975 000 $
1775 000 $
1775 000 $
Transactions
TOR
    Winnipeg has full leverage here, and thus I could see another Future Considerations deal for Murray. The sad part is Murray is worth more based on how he can play. Issue is he doesn't play.
    WPG
    1. Abruzzese, Nick [Droits de RFA]
    2. Murray, Matt
    Détails additionnels:
    Ultimately, Matt Murray is the odd goalie out. I am doing a trade with Winnipeg as, in the case that Hellebuyck is traded, they will need a goalie. I also feel the Jets are lining themselves up for a rebuild, so one year of Matt Murray won't be the end of the world.

I ultimately used Abruzzese as the sweetener as Toronto is low on picks. I see him as the Odd prospect out now, with guys like Knies, Holmberg, and McMann overtaking him, while Fraser Minten and Ryan Tverberg are going to be rising fast. Abruzzese adds another forward to Winnipegs lineup, and with them having a clogged defensive pool and a more open forward, I feel Abruzzese benefits from this move as well.
    TOR
    1. Garland, Conor (1 200 000 $ retained)
    VAN
    1. Akhtiamov, Artur [Liste de réserve]
    2. Robertson, Nicholas
    3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (NYI)
    Détails additionnels:
    Part of me feels like I am going a bit low on Garland, could probably go with an extra pick or two. My though process however is this:

Vancouver has made it abundantly clear that they are not interested in keeping Conor Garland whatsoever, and they see him as a cap dump. Now, why do I want Garland? I try to look past the recency bias with him. Arizona Garland was better than he is on the Canucks. He played with a lot of heart and drive, He produced in the top 6, and was fast enough to keep up. Great forechecker that goes to the dirty areas, will throw his size around, was reliable defensively, and could put a puck in the net. This was what Toronto needed up front. Again, I feel people are undervaluing this player, so mind my lower trade value. In terms of the retention, either Vancouver swallows that, or another 3rd team eats that up.

As for the return, I think getting Garland would signify the end of the Nick Robertson experiment. He never quite got his footing in Toronto due to injuries, and I think their patience could be wearing thin. I see this as a new opportunity for Robertson to establish himself with a team who is not trying to win, allowing for more ice time when healthy. I think he can still be something, just not for Toronto.

Akhtyamov I see as the odd prospect out goalie wise. Toronto is jam packed with young goalies (Woll, Samsonov, McKay, Cavallin, Petruzzelli, Hildeby, and most recently signed, Peksa). Akhtyamov has been pushed out. I still think he has a solid chance to be an NHLer. Vancouver has a couple goalies in the system, but most are on the older end for the AHL now, and none of the prospects really stand out to me other than Silovs. Akthyamov would be a nice addition, however I could also see him being a sweetener for a team willing to retain some of Garlands deal as well!
    BOS
    1. Moldenhauer, Nicholas [Liste de réserve]
    2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
    Détails additionnels:
    This trade is a bit funky. If you go by reports, Boston may be trying to move Hall as a cap dump, freeing up some cap space to continue. Ultimately, this would lower his value a bit. He does have a MNTC, however he is from Toronto so I could see him maybe waiving. Hall was one of the best Bruins in the playoffs, and has been a great top 6er now for years. While he may have a bit of injury history, that is nothing new in Toronto, and they have enough firepower to get to the playoffs even if he misses games here and there. The only worry I have is his contract. for Hall it is good, but the issue lies with Matthews and Nylanders free agent status. They could have to free up around 5M to retain both and fill spots (However, making a big move to bring in Hall and potentially push to the third round could be something of a proving ground for the Leafs, and the two could take a bit less if the team is primed to win)!

I ultimately went with next years first, as I could see Boston banking on Toronto dropping off with a bit of a shakeup. If not, swap it for their first this year, all good!

Prospect wise, I went with Moldenhauer. This guy isn't talked about enough. He may be on the smaller end, but his offensive game is phenomenal! I could see him being an amazing add to Bostons prospect pool at the end of the day.
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de BOS
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de OTT
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2383 500 000 $83 384 783 $0 $0 $115 217 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Bruins de Boston
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    AG
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 2
    Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
    11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
    AD, C, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
    3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 3
    11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
    C, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
    AD
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    925 000 $925 000 $
    AG, AD
    RFA - 2
    950 000 $950 000 $
    C, AG
    RFA - 2
    6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
    AD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
    AD, C, AG
    UFA - 1
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 3
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    762 500 $762 500 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    975 000 $975 000 $
    AG, C
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
    DD
    RFA - 1
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 3
    766 667 $766 667 $
    G
    RFA - 2
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
    DD
    RFA - 2
    800 000 $800 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    23 mai 2023 à 1 h 5
    Formerly Jamiepo
    Rejoint: juill. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
    Bruins would most likely fold the franchise before trading hall to the leafs. Garland trade is bad for the leafs. Can't see us having any interest in him. The murray dump I get. But they may be sending him to the island.
    23 mai 2023 à 1 h 15
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: mars 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 696
    Quoting: GenXHockey
    Bruins would most likely fold the franchise before trading hall to the leafs. Garland trade is bad for the leafs. Can't see us having any interest in him. The murray dump I get. But they may be sending him to the island.

1. Bruins might, but they surely realize their time is up. Offices don't have the same rivalries as fanbases do. If Toronto is making an offer to take a player they would like to dump off their hands, I'd imagine they'd listen. Especially when a first and solid prospect are involved. I did come very close to going the Arvidsson route, but ultimately chose Hall due to him being a Toronto boy and a more proven performer, but Arvidsson could easily take that place if you would like!
    2. Garland, as I wrote, I find to be underrated. Does he make a lot? Yes, however he is more than capable of living up to it and outperforming in the right situation, and he brings the elements that Toronto lacks. Imagine Kerfoots speed and defensive game coupled with Buntings heart and ability to score. It's a nice mix.
    3. Murray won't be an Islander imo. Sorokin has the ability to play lots of games, 0 reason to have a 4.5M backup. He could realistically go anywhere, but I felt with the uncertainty of Hellebuyck, Winnipeg just felt right.
    23 mai 2023 à 1 h 46
    Rejoint: févr. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,061
    Canucks decline. I'd rather not retain on Garland, even if it means getting less of a return. Retaining for 3 years in our current cap situation just doesn't make sense. The deal isn't terrible value wise, but we have no need for wingers so Robertson doesn't hold much value to us and beyond Silovs, we still have Talapila and Young while Akhtiamov doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade over either of those guys.
    theleano1 a aimé ceci.
    23 mai 2023 à 1 h 49
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Epic_Ninja_Dude
    Canucks decline. I'd rather not retain on Garland, even if it means getting less of a return. Retaining for 3 years in our current cap situation just doesn't make sense. The deal isn't terrible value wise, but we have no need for wingers so Robertson doesn't hold much value to us and beyond Silovs, we still have Talapila and Young while Akhtiamov doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade over either of those guys.

Read again. It does not need to be Vancouver retaining, it can be another team, in which Akhtyamov would go there instead. This eliminated the retention on Vancouvers end for a team who could use the extra cap. Robertson does sorta fit depending on how the season goes. If Vancouver does commit to tearing it down, kid has a place on that team somewhere. He still holds value (if healthy) and can still be good. I feel like he'd be able to find some footing on a younger squad like Vancouver.
    23 mai 2023 à 2 h 14
    Ex Nucks fan
    Rejoint: juin 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
    Quoting: MMXD
    Read again. It does not need to be Vancouver retaining, it can be another team, in which Akhtyamov would go there instead. This eliminated the retention on Vancouvers end for a team who could use the extra cap. Robertson does sorta fit depending on how the season goes. If Vancouver does commit to tearing it down, kid has a place on that team somewhere. He still holds value (if healthy) and can still be good. I feel like he'd be able to find some footing on a younger squad like Vancouver.

The cost of retaining that much for 3 years is likely a 2nd or 1st round pick. Nobody is retaining for 3 years willingly. Canucks have made it abundantly clear that they are not rebuilding
    theleano1 et MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
    23 mai 2023 à 2 h 31
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Juiceman
    The cost of retaining that much for 3 years is likely a 2nd or 1st round pick. Nobody is retaining for 3 years willingly. Canucks have made it abundantly clear that they are not rebuilding

Abundantly clear they are not rebuilding yet reports about a Miller trade are still floating around? And Garland and Ekman Larsson cap dumps floating too. You can make the value more if you want, but regardless that’s the base for the trade. Any team that knows they’re going through a long rebuild and need that cap space won’t have much of a problem to need a first to retain a million. Arizona willingly takes on money so they can go cheaper. Hell, Minnesota was giving people prospects at the deadline to retain, and they were competing still
    23 mai 2023 à 2 h 33
    Ex Nucks fan
    Rejoint: juin 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
    Abundantly clear they are not rebuilding yet reports about a Miller trade are still floating around? And Garland and Ekman Larsson cap dumps floating too. You can make the value more if you want, but regardless that’s the base for the trade.

The GM flat out said they are not rebuilding, they are retooling. Canucks already turned down a trade involving multiple high picks for Moller. They are only willing to trade him if they can get a replacement who is 25 or under…. Cap dumps have nothing to do with a rebuild or not…. Every team does them if they need cap space….. maybe do some actual research
    theleano1 a aimé ceci.
    23 mai 2023 à 2 h 39
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Juiceman
    The GM flat out said they are not rebuilding, they are retooling. Canucks already turned down a trade involving multiple high picks for Moller. They are only willing to trade him if they can get a replacement who is 25 or under…. Cap dumps have nothing to do with a rebuild or not…. Every team does them if they need cap space….. maybe do some actual research

Even a retool opens up a lot of space. Hell moving garland here on its own opens up room, would you look at that, a wing spot. Team may have turned down trades on Miller at the deadline, but those rumours still come out from time to time. Retool takes a year or two so…
    23 mai 2023 à 3 h 3
    PDG over PDO
    Rejoint: févr. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,097
    Canucks aren't doing that.
    23 mai 2023 à 8 h 14
    Rejoint: mai 2023
    Mentions "j'aime": 13
    Quoting: GenXHockey

I would agree however if the Ieafs are sending this deal to boston. Boston is accepting in a heartbeat.
    23 mai 2023 à 13 h 14
    Rejoint: févr. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,061

Roberson still isn't a fit for Vancouver. Vancouver already has too many wingers, too many small players, and too many injury prone players. Robertson is all 3 of those. He would have no place on Vancouver. Akhtyamov also wouldn't be enough to get $1.2 mil retention for 3 years. You'd probably be looking at a 2nd.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage