Forums/Armchair-GM

Mercy Buckets

Créé par: Garak
Équipe: 2023-24 Blackhawks de Chicago
Date de création initiale: 19 mai 2023
Publié: 19 mai 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I used this article to roughly estimate draft pick values.
https://soundofhockey.com/2022/06/06/examining-the-value-of-nhl-draft-picks/

I have CHI technically giving up more value in favor of higher picks, according to the cited article.

In the past, Jones has proven to be effective when partnered with large frame defensive defenseman, like Gavrikov. I don't think Vlasic will be able to skate quite as many minutes as Jones yet, but I think he will be able to eat enough minutes to remain a top 4 dman. So, there will certainly be some rotation in the pairings, which is not unusual anyway.

I think Killorn would be a perfect fit to put with Bedard. He is big, tough, and skilled. He has done a lot of winning with Tampa and could be a great influence on young players. This will mainly depend on what his intentions are, though. I don't think Tampa will be able to keep him around, but I could certainly see him preferring to go to a contender. Depends on what kind of contract he is asking for, though. If he is more concerned about getting paid, CHI could be the perfect fit. Plus, who wouldn't want to come play with the young Connor Bedard?

I have Phillips and Mitchell together. I know it seems like Mitchell is on his way out, but I would like to run an experiment and see if his and Phillips chemistry from the 21-22 season in Rockford will translate to the NHL level. I don't think Mitchell has been utilized properly or put in a situation to succeed, and I get why those decisions have been made, but if we aren't serious about next season and don't have anyone else knocking on the door, why not waive Zaitsev and give Mitchell a longer look. At the very least, they could try to squeeze more trade value out of him than he currently has.

I think the key with the Killorn signing is playing him with Bedard. Outside of that, I think the top 6 here could be messed with and will depend on what kind of chemistry develops in camp. I think the second line could easily be [Johnson - Guttman - Raddysh] again, with a top line of [Reichel - Bedard - Killorn], but NHL coaches don't typically put two young 1st/2nd-ish year players on a top line together. Or even have Raddysh on the top line too. Or maybe they even shelter Bedard a LITTLE bit in his first season and put him on the second line and/or the wing.

With the way the rebuild has trended, I am finding it harder and harder to see Kurashev being in CHI long term. I get the feeling Davidson will dangle him in trades, or at least be willing to move him if someone asks. Which is why I opted to include him in the trade with DET, adding a little more value in an NHL ready roster player with decent upside to entice Yzerman to make the move.

So, according to this proposed scenario, CHI would have the 1st, 9th, and 14th overall picks in the 2023 draft. We give up some value, but gain better odds at adding cornerstone type players to the prospect pool. This early in the rebuild process, I think that is more important. Down the road we can start to spread picks back out and try to fill some holes and add some role players through the draft.

I would like to reiterate that, no matter what you or I or anyone else thinks of these trades, the values are based on someone else's data model. So, I cannot take credit for them. But, I do feel pretty confident that, even if they aren't QUITE right, they are pretty close to being realistic, value-wise. Whether these teams would actually be willing to make the moves is a different conversation all together.

Did everyone miss the Ted Lasso reference, too? "Mercy Buckets"
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 250 000 $
2875 000 $
1875 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
37 000 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Bedard, Connor
3950 000 $
Transactions
CHI
  1. Murray, Matt
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (BOS)
TOR
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (CHI)
CHI
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (DET)
DET
  1. Kurashev, Philipp [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (TBL)
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (CHI)
  4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (DAL)
CHI
  1. Bailey, Josh
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (NYI)
BOS
  1. Blackwell, Colin
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (CHI)
CHI
  1. Granlund, Mikael
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (PIT)
PIT
  1. Roos, Filip
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (BOS)
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (OTT)
  4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (OTT)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Frais appliqués
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CHI
Logo de DET
Logo de PIT
Logo de TBL
Logo de NYR
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de TBL
Logo de CHI
Logo de VAN
Logo de NYI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CGY
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de DAL
Logo de CHI
Logo de NYR
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $68 514 707 $0 $1 445 000 $14 985 293 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
Bedard, Connor
950 000 $950 000 $
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
758 333 $758 333 $
AD
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance505 000 $$505K)
AG, C
RFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
C
RFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA
2 650 000 $2 650 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
758 333 $758 333 $
AG
RFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
Logo de Islanders de New York
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA - 1
896 250 $896 250 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
C
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
916 667 $916 667 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
UFA - 1
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 7
962 500 $962 500 $
G
RFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 687 500 $3 687 500 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
859 167 $859 167 $ (Bonis de performance32 500 $$32K)
DG
RFA - 1
875 000 $875 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
20 mai 2023 à 7 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 10,663
Quoting: GMtommyhawk
I like these moves a lot, although I would like to keep Kurashev and resign Domi. That Reichel-Domi-Kurashev line only got three games together last season, but they looked pretty good at generating offense. Although if the Hawks can get a second pick in the top ten and get their hands on Ryan Leonard that’s a slam dunk.

Yeah. I've thought about that a lot too. But, with Bedard likely coming straight into the NHL and likely being utilized as a center, I'd rather not push Guttman (as well as Raddysh and Johnson) down the lineup. Because if you bring back Domi and want to roll that line, what do you end up with? A top 9 like this, maybe...

Someone - Bedard - Someone
Reichel - Domi - Kurashev
Johnson - Guttman - Raddysh

Idk... I guess KD will just give Richardson the bodies and let the coaching staff figure all of that out, anyway. But, I find it hard to strike that balance between creating competition to make the roster and being loose and not blocking opportunities for young players and prospects. I also worry that this would be too good of a lineup for the rebuild, thus lowering the quality of our draft capital.

Do you then start Bedard on the 3rd line and shelter him a bit while he acclimates? I don't know if that is possible. Like most people, I think he is going to step right in and be a threat and start the season on the top line.
GMtommyhawk a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2023 à 10 h 53
Interim Avian GM
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 42
Quoting: Garak
Yeah. I've thought about that a lot too. But, with Bedard likely coming straight into the NHL and likely being utilized as a center, I'd rather not push Guttman (as well as Raddysh and Johnson) down the lineup. Because if you bring back Domi and want to roll that line, what do you end up with? A top 9 like this, maybe...

Someone - Bedard - Someone
Reichel - Domi - Kurashev
Johnson - Guttman - Raddysh

Idk... I guess KD will just give Richardson the bodies and let the coaching staff figure all of that out, anyway. But, I find it hard to strike that balance between creating competition to make the roster and being loose and not blocking opportunities for young players and prospects. I also worry that this would be too good of a lineup for the rebuild, thus lowering the quality of our draft capital.

Do you then start Bedard on the 3rd line and shelter him a bit while he acclimates? I don't know if that is possible. Like most people, I think he is going to step right in and be a threat and start the season on the top line.

Yeah that definitely makes sense, I’d rather have Guttman getting bigger minutes as a 2C over resigning Domi. Plus it’s probably a lot more entertaining to have Reichel and Bedard feeding passes to each other.

I don’t think we have to worry about them improving their standings that much though. I mean the Oilers finished 29th in the season after they drafted McDavid. That team had Hall, Draisatl, Eberle, and RNH to go along with him.
Garak a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2023 à 13 h 22
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 865
For sure. That was something I was a bit less clear on. Earlier, a DET fan made a similar trade and implied that DET has most of their big pieces in place and needs to add more quantity now to fill holes and such. I am kind of on the fence about that, I think DET has prospects with real potential to be cornerstones, but they haven't really proven it yet.

That Detroit fan was certainly not aware of our team weaknesses then lol. Organizationally, it could be argued that we only have 4-5 top 6 players and 1 top 4 RD. We definitely need another RD and top 6 player if we want to be anything in a few years. We have depth for days, however.
Garak a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2023 à 16 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Yeah that definitely makes sense, I’d rather have Guttman getting bigger minutes as a 2C over resigning Domi. Plus it’s probably a lot more entertaining to have Reichel and Bedard feeding passes to each other.

I don’t think we have to worry about them improving their standings that much though. I mean the Oilers finished 29th in the season after they drafted McDavid. That team had Hall, Draisatl, Eberle, and RNH to go along with him.

True. But if we were to add Killorn AND Domi or players of their caliber, and rolling 3 fairly skilled lines under Richardson, they could probably do a lot better than most people would think. I'm not worried about making the playoffs. But, I am worried about slipping out of the top 5, or, god forbid, the top 10 next year. haha. There are still a lot of great players next year too. But the caliber and depth is looking to be significantly lower at every tier.
GMtommyhawk a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2023 à 17 h 1
Interim Avian GM
True. But if we were to add Killorn AND Domi or players of their caliber, and rolling 3 fairly skilled lines under Richardson, they could probably do a lot better than most people would think. I'm not worried about making the playoffs. But, I am worried about slipping out of the top 5, or, god forbid, the top 10 next year. haha. There are still a lot of great players next year too. But the caliber and depth is looking to be significantly lower at every tier.

Richardson will for sure have this team working hard and stealing wins. Just gotta hope Mrazek can tank command us to another top 3 pick. I really need Eiserman on Bedard’s wing.
Garak a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2023 à 17 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Richardson will for sure have this team working hard and stealing wins. Just gotta hope Mrazek can tank command us to another top 3 pick. I really need Eiserman on Bedard’s wing.

Or win the lottery again and draft Celebrini. haha. A guy can dream, right?
GMtommyhawk a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2023 à 21 h 41
Interim Avian GM
Or win the lottery again and draft Celebrini. haha. A guy can dream, right?

Shhhhhh you’re saying the quiet part out loud wink . The entire league might just implode with outrage if that happens.
Garak a aimé ceci.
21 mai 2023 à 6 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Shhhhhh you’re saying the quiet part out loud wink . The entire league might just implode with outrage if that happens.

haha. Right? So rigged.
GMtommyhawk a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage