SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock 1.0 with Commentary

Mock 1.0 with Commentary

Cuvée de repêchage: 2023
Créé par: redwings_13_40
Publié: 12 mai 2023 à 9 h 47
Description
Got KK #7 Kasper #8 and Mintyukov #10 right last year, let's give it another whirl
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-This makes me sick but the assailants get CB
2Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-I actually don't think this is a 100% no-brainer like most do, but still 95%
3Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-I think people are sleeping a tad on how dominant Carlsson was in the men's league this year. I think he will kill it in the IIHF tourney coming up. Will Smith is great but Carlsson's floor is so high and feels like a Jarmo pick.
4Logo de Sharks de San Jose-I think Grier will feel comfortable waiting this out. They will stink a couple more years and be in the Celebrini tank. This guy is unbelievably talented and will still change your franchise for 10+ years.
5Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Great player, pains him to go to MTL as a Wings fan
6Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-I am very close to slotting Tom Willander here -- he is absolutely the real deal. But for now going with the safer option.
7Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Extremely strong in the U18s and operates pretty well in close quarters, which tends to translate well. Defensively responsible vs. some of the other center prospects.
8Logo de Capitals de Washington-This is the toughest Top-10 pick for me right now; not sure where they'll go, and I'm personally not as high on Leonard; again I think Wallinder could sneak in
9Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-I'm a Wings fan and follow their drafts and habits closely. Who knows where Stevie goes. Otto Stenberg had a great U18 and I think he's in the running, but go watch Danielson's tape -- his transition offence, skating, and vision are underrated. Pronman has him #6 and I don't think that's crazy -- he was a force on the ice for a relatively bad team. Wings break trend and go with a CHL guy
10Logo de Blues de St-Louis-I don't think he goes outside Top-12, and could easily go 9 to the Wings except for the holes up front with scorers. He's a lock Top-4 D-man with offensive upside to get PP minutes and eat up 22+ minutes a night. This won't look like a reach by draft day I think
11Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-This may be the biggest reach to date, but he skates well and will grow into his large frame in time. Has the most Mo Seider feel of any prospect here, although I don't think his skating or decision-making have the upside of Seider. But he moves well.
12Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Sénateurs d'OttawaArizona stops the fall of Benson, who is incredibly talented, puts up great numbers and advanced stats, honestly looked better than Savoie (sorry Buffalo) for the WPG Ice. But I'm very concerned about his ability to create space in the same way in the pros. We'll see, but he's a better prospect than Savoie was last year on a similar build.
13Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Buffalo is completely loaded in their prospect pool and can go wherever here. Sandin Pellikka needs to work a lot on his defensive game but his offensive and transition play are tops of all defensemen in this class.
14Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-I think he gets too much hate for how he played against men; decent skater with good vision.
15Logo de Predators de Nashville-I wish his footspeed was a bit higher but the rest of his game shows strong power forward you can slot on the PP.
16Logo de Flames de Calgary-I probably like Wood over Honzek, but the floor is lower with his skating and edgework. I think he gets a little too much flak for it given the higher level of competition in the NCAA vs. USHL or USNDTP, and could rise. Good in U18s
17Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Panthers de la FlorideWings fans cry as a Swede who plays a pretty all-around game goes off the board. High floor player who would be a classic Stevie Y pick but doesn't get there. Looked fantastic at U18s all over the ice.
18Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Islanders de New YorkThis guy is going to surprise people. He could go higher. His ceiling is one of the top players in this class. Watch his highlights in the MHL -- his skating for his size at his age is remarkable. His vision is exceptional. His HUSTLE is insane -- backchecking and playing good defense. It's riskier, especially with the Russia situation, but this dude has a playmaking power forward blend that I really don't know who to compare him to. I like his game a ton but have no idea where he'll slot.
19Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Smooth skater but doesn't bring quite as much to the table for me as the other Ds above him.
20Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayI think Barlow is a good player but the hype train really left the station for a guy with good-not-great all around traits.
21Logo de Kraken de Seattle-People complain about skating but this dude has insane vision and still pretty good tight-space maneuverability, and put up a load of points
22Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Speaking of over-hype train, I don't think Moore goes as high as people expect. He's a great skater but his feel for the game isn't as good as the other USNDTP guys. I'd be worried he can add better intuition, especially in his own zone, and that variance of outcomes makes him fall in my view.
23Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Kings de Los AngelesThe fall for Yager stops as well. Similar thoughts to Barlow although Yager is quicker and smaller, but good without great traits that I'm not sure how they'll translate Stopping here as the film I've reviewed on other guys either I (1) don't like or (2) haven't watched enough, and don't want to get into guesswork. Key absences are: -- Calum Ritchie, who I think is incredibly overrated at his footspeed (he's also third man in on a lot of his points vs a play driver) --Riley Heidt got a lot of tough assignments on first line duties, but man the defensive stats were just brutal. He put up points but was team chaos out there, which NHL teams won't like. --Lukas Dragicevic is good offensively but quite weak in his own end without the speed to make significant progress for the NHL --Quentin Musty although I think he could sneak in --Andrew Cristall although I think his stock is falling also
24Logo de Rangers de New York-
25Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Stars de Dallas
26Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-
27Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Oilers d'Edmonton
28Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Bruins de Boston
29Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-
30Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
31Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Devils du New Jersey
32Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-
12 mai 2023 à 10 h 21
Rejoint: mars 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 16
I love these takes. I don't say this often but you, sir, are right.
redwings_13_40 a aimé ceci.
12 mai 2023 à 10 h 44
free ville
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 659
I totally see Willander going to the Red Wings. Better defensively than ASP, but worse offensively.

As a Jets fan, Chevy doesn't like taking Russians in the first round. He goes for US guys or OHL prospects. Perreault would be the pick in this case, he could even go top 10 based off production alone.
12 mai 2023 à 13 h 38
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
Kudos for not being a copy-paste CF version of other mock drafts and having your own ideas. GG
From your viewing, who would you compare But to? Stylistic comparison.
14 mai 2023 à 13 h 57
Démarrer sujet
redwings_13_40
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 13
Quoting: ImAlwaysRightYoureAlwaysWrong
I love these takes. I don't say this often but you, sir, are right.

Thank you!!
14 mai 2023 à 14 h 1
Démarrer sujet
redwings_13_40
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 13
Quoting: ColonelX
Kudos for not being a copy-paste CF version of other mock drafts and having your own ideas. GG
From your viewing, who would you compare But to? Stylistic comparison.

This is a tough one and a good question. He's a little unique which is why I think (along with Russia aspect) his variance in draft slot is huge. He's not the shooter Thompson is and doesn't cut to the slot the same way. He doesn't quite have the footspeed of Alex Tuch. But I see him kind of in the middle, a really strong all around game (pretty good skater, good shot, good distributor), but probably with better defensive instincts than either one. He's really pretty darn unique.
ColonelX a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage