Forums/Armchair-GM

GM Candidates

Créé par: pensfan21
Équipe: 2023-24 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 10 mai 2023
Publié: 10 mai 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
What are you guys thinking at this point? Report came out today that they're looking at names such as Botterill, Darche, and Bergevin. Also there have been reports that they interviewed Greeley. For me I would hire president and GM unless it's Dubas. I think for him to come here he'd need full control. Here are my top candidates, in order.
1. Dubas
2. Botterill
3. Darche
4. Greeley
A few other solid names out there. I think Tulsky could be good even though he's not my first choice. Love the way the Hurricanes have built their team, but if we hire him I think we need an experienced president along with him. I'm a believer that those best at the job use a combination of analytics and also just judgement on what the team needs based on how they've performed and the vibe they're giving, not 100% either way. So I'd be completely fine with one hire being analytically driven and the other hire bringing more experience and a new voice that can without bias and favoring towards certain people say what the team needs. Let me know what you guys think!
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de NJD
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de FLA
Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de VGK
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1583 500 000 $57 885 592 $0 $0 $25 614 408 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 1
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 mai 2023 à 16 h 2
spoiled penguins fan
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,487
Hoping it’s Tulsky, Bergevin is gonna set the franchise back 5 years if we hire him
GoGuins18 a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2023 à 16 h 6
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,170
Leafs would make a huge mistake if they let Dubas go. I don't care if they get swept this round. He has done a great job overall. I don't like all of his moves but overall he has done a great job.

Sandin and Kadri trades still hurt though.

But if Dubas does become available, Pits should jump on him quickly.
pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2023 à 16 h 10
Seiders on the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 7,764
Treliving? Bowman?

Chiarelli? 🤭

Just kidding.
10 mai 2023 à 16 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,271
Quoting: Pensman69
Hoping it’s Tulsky, Bergevin is gonna set the franchise back 5 years if we hire him

I don't want Bergevin either ideally. I don't think we should try and recycle. We'd be best getting an up and comer in the league for GM. I do think we need someone for president of hockey ops who will be a boss and not afraid to tell it like it is. Not favor any player/coach or given special treatment to anyone, which is what the team did last year refusing to bench certain guys because of veteran status. Someone who can hold the coaches accountable as well and expect higher results. Tulsky I don't mind I just don't think he's my top choice. Carolina is built very very well, but have always felt they've been missing something and could've done better at deadlines. Botterill I really like a lot, his moves in Buffalo were great in hindsight and the Kraken are built with a ton of depth, something were lacking. Greeley I love because of how they built Dallas, just a well rounded team with stars at every level. Darche I think would be great because he helped Tampa find studs in later rounds of the draft and he has a great eye for talent. And Dubas I love his balance of analytics and judgement.
10 mai 2023 à 16 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: TMLBRIAN
Leafs would make a huge mistake if they let Dubas go. I don't care if they get swept this round. He has done a great job overall. I don't like all of his moves but overall he has done a great job.

Sandin and Kadri trades still hurt though.

But if Dubas does become available, Pits should jump on him quickly.

I don't think they should either, but if they lose in 4 or 5 I think they will.
10 mai 2023 à 16 h 14
pens1991
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,089
Quoting: pensfan21
I don't want Bergevin either ideally. I don't think we should try and recycle. We'd be best getting an up and comer in the league for GM. I do think we need someone for president of hockey ops who will be a boss and not afraid to tell it like it is. Not favor any player/coach or given special treatment to anyone, which is what the team did last year refusing to bench certain guys because of veteran status. Someone who can hold the coaches accountable as well and expect higher results. Tulsky I don't mind I just don't think he's my top choice. Carolina is built very very well, but have always felt they've been missing something and could've done better at deadlines. Botterill I really like a lot, his moves in Buffalo were great in hindsight and the Kraken are built with a ton of depth, something were lacking. Greeley I love because of how they built Dallas, just a well rounded team with stars at every level. Darche I think would be great because he helped Tampa find studs in later rounds of the draft and he has a great eye for talent. And Dubas I love his balance of analytics and judgement.

Quoting: Pensman69

Also a big pass on burger van, that's a big L if they hire him.

I like Tulsky a lot, but if Greeley or Darche are also a possibilities I'm here for that. Both have done amazing jobs.

Think Dubas would be fun if he gets full control, i don't think he has it in Toronto, too many people in the shadows there.
pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2023 à 16 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: pens1991
Also a big pass on burger van, that's a big L if they hire him.

I like Tulsky a lot, but if Greeley or Darche are also a possibilities I'm here for that. Both have done amazing jobs.

Think Dubas would be fun if he gets full control, i don't think he has it in Toronto, too many people in the shadows there.

If Dubas is let go I think we hire him for sure and he gets full control. If not I think it will be Botterill as president and either Greeley/Darche as GM. I know Botterill maybe isn't first name that comes to mind for president and is more a GM candidate, but he has the experience and connections, could help out Greeley or Darche a lot.
10 mai 2023 à 16 h 26
pens1991
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,089
Quoting: pensfan21
If Dubas is let go I think we hire him for sure and he gets full control. If not I think it will be Botterill as president and either Greeley/Darche as GM. I know Botterill maybe isn't first name that comes to mind for president and is more a GM candidate, but he has the experience and connections, could help out Greeley or Darche a lot.

i'd be okay with those combos, and Botterill knows the pens org.
pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2023 à 17 h 6
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 619
Im hoping it's Dubas or Tulsky, someone who knows how to build a great team which dubas has done a great job doing in Toronto. Coaching is just letting them down
GoGuins18 a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2023 à 17 h 41
Pens71
Rejoint: avr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 53
I agree that Dubas would need full control if the pens hired him, thats why I am slightly hesitant to make that hire, but would be good with it too. I would love to see Botterrill as president, since as mentioned above he knows the organization, and then either Greeley or Darche as GM. I really like the idea of Tulsky too but I have read that Tulsky does not want the Pens GM job. we'll see though.
pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2023 à 21 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: fmaximilian
I agree that Dubas would need full control if the pens hired him, thats why I am slightly hesitant to make that hire, but would be good with it too. I would love to see Botterrill as president, since as mentioned above he knows the organization, and then either Greeley or Darche as GM. I really like the idea of Tulsky too but I have read that Tulsky does not want the Pens GM job. we'll see though.

I think best scenario is Botterill president of hockey ops with one of those two at GM. Maybe even better than Dubas full control. Although I'd be more than happy with either, Dubas would be fantastic. Tulslky I like but not as much as the others just since he doesn't have as much of a hockey background. He's extremely analytics driven, but I think he'd have to be paired with a president who can balance that out a little. I'm all for having strong, analytically based decisions and we 100% should build a top of the line analytics department, but also I think intangibles are a big part of it too. Need a good mix of both. Analytics to find diamonds in the rough and drafting, but also have a feel for what the team needs and a team identity.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage