24' Deadline to a team looking for D depth
DAL
  1. Myers, Tyler (3 000 000 $ retained)
VAN
  1. Timmins, Conor
Détails additionnels:
24' deadline
TOR
  1. Beauvillier, Anthony (2 000 000 $ retained)
VAN
  1. Mantha, Anthony
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (WSH)
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (WSH)
VAN
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (BUF)
Détails additionnels:
24 deadline rental
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de VAN
Logo de PIT
Logo de WSH
Logo de VAN
Logo de TOR
Logo de VAN
Logo de DET
Logo de NYR
Logo de WSH
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de PIT
Logo de VAN
Logo de DAL
Logo de BUF
Logo de VAN
Logo de NJD
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $73 621 425 $850 000 $850 000 $8 878 575 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
7 350 000 $7 350 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
6 650 000 $6 650 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $
AG, AD
RFA
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $
AG
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
C
UFA - 1
883 750 $883 750 $
C
RFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
AD, C
RFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
UFA - 3
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
G
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
21 avr. 2023 à 17 h 49
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,534
Quoting: BigShoots
You seemed upset because you've somehow claimed we're never going to see eye to eye, and you're walk away completely exasperated by having had to talk to me. Mostly based I think of misinterpreting what I said about the bubble yr.

Atu Raty is a 20 yr old 2nd rounder. And we're really happy to have him. He's played NHL games. You wanna look at guys who've gone late 1st and 2nd round in the last few yrs that are excelling? Try Wyatt Johnston, JJ Moser, Dawson Mercer, Braden Schneider, Yegor Chinakov, Bjornfoot, Krebs, Tomasino, Kaliyev. Do you think the Canucks want Hoglander or would we prefer to have dealt that pick for a high priced veteran?

I get that it takes time and patience to draft and develop but it's the only way to be successful. It's basically the only way to acquire top talent. The problem I have is your solution is literally what the Canucks have done every yr for the last 5 seasons. Trade picks and make hero swings to get better short term at the expense of future assets. And it hasn't worked. We were near the bottom of the league again and that was with obtaining a 40 goal scorer for free and paying him 900k. Every yr its we have to go all in or Petey and Hughes will walk. Hughes is signed for 5 more yrs. Petey is an RFA when his deal is up. The only way these guys walk is if we keep doing this thing where we try to make the playoffs as soon as possible at the expense of actually acquiring depth through the draft and not being pressed right up against the cap with a team that at best squeaks into the playoffs. Our roster is crippled by our cap situation.

I'm not expecting management to do what I've suggested. They've made it clear their agenda is making the playoffs asap. I made this to show what I would do and why. I am here backing up my reasoning and you are suggesting the Canucks do what they've been doing. You gotta come with some actual reasoning if I am going to be persuaded. And don't just give up on the conversation because you got overwhelmed with facts. Integrate them or show why they're less convincing that what you have to say is.

We don’t need to see eye to eye. I’m good with it 👍🏼 we disagree. Take care
21 avr. 2023 à 17 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Big Shoots
Mentions "j'aime": 1,087
Quoting: NYR1983
We don’t need to see eye to eye. I’m good with it 👍🏼 we disagree. Take care

Ok well at least have something to back up your opinion or just keep it yourself. I've actually gone to great length to lay out my reasoning and you've just kinda been all snarky and not backed up a single thing you claimed nor addressed any of the points ive made.
21 avr. 2023 à 17 h 58
Ok well at least have something to back up your opinion or just keep it yourself. I've actually gone to great length to lay out my reasoning and you've just kinda been all snarky and not backed up a single thing you claimed nor addressed any of the points ive made.

It would be pointless to do so. You’re on your own page and won’t listen. So since your plan is the right way and the Org won’t do it, you’ll never see a cup or playoff run.. that’s that. You’re right 👍🏼
21 avr. 2023 à 18 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Big Shoots
It would be pointless to do so. You’re on your own page and won’t listen. So since your plan is the right way and the Org won’t do it, you’ll never see a cup or playoff run.. that’s that. You’re right 👍🏼

I've literally invited you to make your point like 4 times now. And you've just made this wild assumption that that can be no reasoning with me. Again if you have anything to say of substance I'd be happy to engage. So don't use that as an excuse to be utterly devoid of reason any more. If you have something say it.

And yeah mostly every analyst and hockey mind in this market would agree we've been blowing it for yrs. That's why Im so shocked you are trying to say keep doing it. On what grounds?
21 avr. 2023 à 18 h 30
I've literally invited you to make your point like 4 times now. And you've just made this wild assumption that that can be no reasoning with me. Again if you have anything to say of substance I'd be happy to engage. So don't use that as an excuse to be utterly devoid of reason any more. If you have something say it.

And yeah mostly every analyst and hockey mind in this market would agree we've been blowing it for yrs. That's why Im so shocked you are trying to say keep doing it. On what grounds?

Again, I don’t need to talk you out of this. You’re right, they won’t ever be playoff relevant unless they do your plan. I’m content leaving it at that, no need to engage. I’ve made very important comments that just go unheard… like how JTM will never be replaced in the next 5 years but you don’t find it relevant so that’s fine.
21 avr. 2023 à 19 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Big Shoots
Again, I don’t need to talk you out of this. You’re right, they won’t ever be playoff relevant unless they do your plan. I’m content leaving it at that, no need to engage. I’ve made very important comments that just go unheard… like how JTM will never be replaced in the next 5 years but you don’t find it relevant so that’s fine.

Ok there you go. JTM will not be replaced in the next 5 yrs. Thats good. That's a real concern. Would you have said that a yr ago about Horvat? Would you want Horvat on an 8 yr deal? I think the Canucks dodged huge bullet on that one and we turned it into three assets. You could do that same with Miller. Get picks and prospects for him. With cap space you put yourself in a position to capitalize on teams that need to shed top talent for cap space, all of sudden you can sign top UFAs. 2024 UFAs included Matthews, Aho, Reinhart, Nylander, Scheifele, Lindholm, Stephenson. Most probably won't make it to UFA but that is a pretty long list of guys who are in Miller's category or better.

The real question is what are we giving up by trading Miller? I would suggest he'll likely be good point producer for another couple seasons at least and then he'll start to fall off. Are the Canucks going to be competitive in that window? If all goes well we might be bottom 4 ranked playoff team. Certainly not cup contending. And then you have Miller at 35, 36, 37 and you're paying him 8 mil. That is the part that scares me the most. And those are the yrs the Petey and Hughes will actually have a say in whether they want to stay or move on.

So yes replacing MIller short term won't be easy, but the cost of keeping him long term is too much of a risk. And the reward of keeping him short term isn't high enough to justify that risk.
21 avr. 2023 à 20 h 5
Ok there you go. JTM will not be replaced in the next 5 yrs. Thats good. That's a real concern. Would you have said that a yr ago about Horvat? Would you want Horvat on an 8 yr deal? I think the Canucks dodged huge bullet on that one and we turned it into three assets. You could do that same with Miller. Get picks and prospects for him. With cap space you put yourself in a position to capitalize on teams that need to shed top talent for cap space, all of sudden you can sign top UFAs. 2024 UFAs included Matthews, Aho, Reinhart, Nylander, Scheifele, Lindholm, Stephenson. Most probably won't make it to UFA but that is a pretty long list of guys who are in Miller's category or better.

The real question is what are we giving up by trading Miller? I would suggest he'll likely be good point producer for another couple seasons at least and then he'll start to fall off. Are the Canucks going to be competitive in that window? If all goes well we might be bottom 4 ranked playoff team. Certainly not cup contending. And then you have Miller at 35, 36, 37 and you're paying him 8 mil. That is the part that scares me the most. And those are the yrs the Petey and Hughes will actually have a say in whether they want to stay or move on.

So yes replacing MIller short term won't be easy, but the cost of keeping him long term is too much of a risk. And the reward of keeping him short term isn't high enough to justify that risk.

Players don’t die at 30. Some have their best years at 35. JTM is fine for the next 5 and so would Bo. If you have to move either of them later on it’s not an issue. There’s always a landing spot. But having them at their prime is worth something which is why NYR offered Chytil, Lundkvist, 1st for JTM and NYI offer what they did for Bo. Some change is good but you have to keep 1/2 of those guys. Unless you’re looking for full rebuild which takes years typically. So back to the 4 year term you will have wasted 1/2 of these contracts with QH and EP. I’m sure you could ask them if they are good with missing playoffs the next 4 years and they would say no. So if the org isn’t trying to get them there then they will be disgruntled. They may demand a trade(not uncommon these days). Your plan will keep them out of playoffs for 4 years guaranteed, the current mode is at least putting in a huge effort to get there while accruing futures.
21 avr. 2023 à 20 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Big Shoots
Players don’t die at 30. Some have their best years at 35. JTM is fine for the next 5 and so would Bo. If you have to move either of them later on it’s not an issue. There’s always a landing spot. But having them at their prime is worth something which is why NYR offered Chytil, Lundkvist, 1st for JTM and NYI offer what they did for Bo. Some change is good but you have to keep 1/2 of those guys. Unless you’re looking for full rebuild which takes years typically. So back to the 4 year term you will have wasted 1/2 of these contracts with QH and EP. I’m sure you could ask them if they are good with missing playoffs the next 4 years and they would say no. So if the org isn’t trying to get them there then they will be disgruntled. They may demand a trade(not uncommon these days). Your plan will keep them out of playoffs for 4 years guaranteed, the current mode is at least putting in a huge effort to get there while accruing futures.

Statistically they do kinda die after 30. Or more accurately 33+. Unless they are a really special player who keeps themselves in great shape, players tend to fall off pretty hard around that time. Miller certainly doesn't seem like the profile that will age well given his iffy attitude. Look at guys like Toews, Kane, Seguin, Staal, Voracek, OReilly the list goes on. It's not even really debatable. The data shows us players peak in their mid to late 20s. There are some exceptions but you definitely don't want to bet on it. I would suggest Miller would be a particularly bad one to bet on as well.

Teams definitely do not trade for overpaid players. You act like it would be so easy to trade them down the road. It's near impossible to move bad contracts unless you want to attach them to 1st round picks.

How good would that JT for Chytl, Lundqvist and 1st look now. Chytl is almost 2c already and Lundqvist got moved for a 1st. I would suggest no team in the league is trading for Horvat with that contract. I think he'll put up like 50 points next season and it'll be one of the worst contracts in the sport. And that's yr one. Just imagine yr 6,7,8. If they are however the only way it makes sense is if a team has a 3 or 4 yr window to try and win and then just deal with the pain of it later.

There were 8 players 35 or older in the top 100 scoring this yr and 6 of them are first balot HOFers. Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Bergeron, Pavelski, Burns, Zuccarello. Is Miller in this type of company? Even guys 33 and over it's only a 4-5 more guys. I don't think you realize how much players fall off in their 30s. I do expect JT to be decent the next 2-3 yrs but I don't after that. Even this yr there were massive concerns about his game and it was only a late season point surge that has quieted those concerns.

It comes down to do you want to likely miss the playoffs the next 2-3 yrs and then be in a good position with cupboards stocked with young talent and cap space going forward or do you want to maybe make the playoffs and likely exit 1st round and then have no prospects and very little cap space? The short term approach is what has the Canucks in the position theyre in, despite having a number of franchise pieces.

For example lets say they made that Chytl trade and signed Dylan Strome would they have had a worse chance at the playoffs than with Miller and Nils Aman or whoever played 3c this yr. It's not a 4 yrs thing its 2 or 3. And you're moving in the right direction after one, rather than slipping away every yr and remortgaging the future each yr.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage