Forums/Armchair-GM

Hate to say it

Créé par: pensfan21
Équipe: 2022-23 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 2 févr. 2023
Publié: 2 févr. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Been back and forth on what we should do this deadline. Just checked the schedule coming up and it's absolutely brutal. I think we could be out of playoffs by TDL. And the upcoming draft is absolutely stacked. Think we should call this season a wash then reboot in offseason with new GM...
Transactions
PIT
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (LAK)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (LAK)
PIT
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (VGK)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2025 (VGK)
VGK
  1. Zucker, Jason (2 250 000 $ retained)
PIT
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (WPG)
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (WPG)
Détails additionnels:
Any team
PIT
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (COL)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de LAK
Logo de NJD
Logo de PIT
Logo de WPG
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de FLA
Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de LAK
Logo de VGK
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de WPG
Logo de COL
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de VGK
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $70 074 759 $0 $132 500 $12 425 241 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
750 000 $750 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 1
764 167 $764 167 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
C
RFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
G
UFA - 2
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
UFA - 3
2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
6 févr. 2023 à 11 h 33
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,010
Quoting: pensfan21
I see what your saying. I think we agree on a lot of this, as I also dont like the approach Hextall has taken of just staying in the middle and not chosing a direction. I think it might be time to blow it up, which is unfortunate because I really think we had a chance to retool the roster around the core last offseason and contend for 1-2 more years. But Hextall I feel just surrounded them with the wrong pieces, many of whom have NTC or are immovable just due to being bad contracts. In terms of coaching I'm not 100% on the fire Sullivan train, but I'm getting there. I think end of this season/mid next season it could be time to make a move there. I get that he is working with not the best roster, but he hasn't really helped matters at all and like you said I think he's struggling big time in pretty much every area.

For sure - I think we do as well. Yeah the horrific job Hextall did this offseason has really put this team in some weird kind of limbo. He really did have a chance to build a contender. He did such a good job with the big guys contracts in the offseason too and just butchered everything else. Plus the Carter signing the previous year. And his pressers are just depressing to listen to. Basically saying he likes the team and won't give up any first round picks - so the team most likely isn't going to get any better, but also won't sell anyone for draft capital.

For the first time I really just don't understand what Sullivan is doing. He keeps switching Rust and Rakell for no reason. The third line clearly has no ability to play defense, but they get almost all defensive zone starts, it seems like they get a too many men penalty every game lol. They always give up a goal right after they score. For all those years - sure he had a good roster - but it still seemed like he was able to get the most out of the little guys and would keep this team competitive even when people were injured. I'm not sure what the issue is now. I'm with you, I'm not there yet. See how this season finishes out. But 5 years no playoff wins with this core and he needs to be on the hot seat. The Pens are turning into the Steelers lol
pensfan21 a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2023 à 11 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,271
Quoting: JSEB93
For sure - I think we do as well. Yeah the horrific job Hextall did this offseason has really put this team in some weird kind of limbo. He really did have a chance to build a contender. He did such a good job with the big guys contracts in the offseason too and just butchered everything else. Plus the Carter signing the previous year. And his pressers are just depressing to listen to. Basically saying he likes the team and won't give up any first round picks - so the team most likely isn't going to get any better, but also won't sell anyone for draft capital.

For the first time I really just don't understand what Sullivan is doing. He keeps switching Rust and Rakell for no reason. The third line clearly has no ability to play defense, but they get almost all defensive zone starts, it seems like they get a too many men penalty every game lol. They always give up a goal right after they score. For all those years - sure he had a good roster - but it still seemed like he was able to get the most out of the little guys and would keep this team competitive even when people were injured. I'm not sure what the issue is now. I'm with you, I'm not there yet. See how this season finishes out. But 5 years no playoff wins with this core and he needs to be on the hot seat. The Pens are turning into the Steelers lol

Yup agree with all of this. I mean Hextall just did an awful job and as far as changes I'm 100% on board with him being fired whenever. Hasn't proven anything here and I thought he did a bad job in Philly too. They never rebuilt or contended in Philly, they were always just in the middle and more or less had a boring team. JR made big big mistakes, but it was always exciting at least and he never let things get stale. Sullivan you can tell when he first came here got the most out of every player and the system just worked. Now it isn't and he abandoned things that helped him win before like giving young players a chance. And his lineup decisions just make no sense. I really hope this dosen't become like Steelers. It seems like the current trend is that winning championships matters less and just making playoffs and being in the mix is more important for Pittsburgh teams. Drives me crazy with the Steelers because I'd rather be bad for a few years then truly contend then be mediocre and 9-8 every year. Obviously it's super tough to win championships and I'm not expecting that every year, but it would be nice to go into playoffs thinking we have a chance at least (both in hockey and football). Getting bounced in the first round every year cant become the standard
JSEB93 a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2023 à 14 h 56
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,010
Quoting: pensfan21
Yup agree with all of this. I mean Hextall just did an awful job and as far as changes I'm 100% on board with him being fired whenever. Hasn't proven anything here and I thought he did a bad job in Philly too. They never rebuilt or contended in Philly, they were always just in the middle and more or less had a boring team. JR made big big mistakes, but it was always exciting at least and he never let things get stale. Sullivan you can tell when he first came here got the most out of every player and the system just worked. Now it isn't and he abandoned things that helped him win before like giving young players a chance. And his lineup decisions just make no sense. I really hope this dosen't become like Steelers. It seems like the current trend is that winning championships matters less and just making playoffs and being in the mix is more important for Pittsburgh teams. Drives me crazy with the Steelers because I'd rather be bad for a few years then truly contend then be mediocre and 9-8 every year. Obviously it's super tough to win championships and I'm not expecting that every year, but it would be nice to go into playoffs thinking we have a chance at least (both in hockey and football). Getting bounced in the first round every year cant become the standard

I think we all are on board with that haha - Hextall really hasn't shown any promising signs as a GM on any team I agree. Yeah GMJR definitely swung and missed on a lot, but like you said at least he took the chances and it was obvious he was trying to mix things up and improve the team. And even though he missed, enough of them hit for him to bring in 2 cups. Can't ask for much more.

It did work. Is the problem just that the team he inherited was so fast and fit his system and now he can't adapt? Is the reason he called up AHL players in 15-17 because they were just better? I don't know. But yeah - the lineup decisions and deployment are just extremely questionable.

Yeah the Steelers situation is just a nightmare and I really hope that doesn't happen with the Pens. The standard has become 9-8 with no playoff wins and fans keep defending that for some reason because "never had a losing season" lol

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage