Forums/Armchair-GM

Ideal deadline

Créé par: DefenseFirst
Équipe: 2022-23 Bruins de Boston
Date de création initiale: 24 janv. 2023
Publié: 24 janv. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Barring injury, there’s no huge move. There’s no horvat, there’s no kane, and the bruins would be absolute morons to try to pull off such a move.
Buys:
1. A depth center
2. A versatile forward capable of playing up and down the lineup.
3. A right shot D for injury insurance.
Sells:
1. At least one cap dump.
Transactions
ARI
  1. Langenbrunner, Mason [Liste de réserve]
  2. Smith, Craig
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2024 (BOS)
NYI
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (BOS)
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (BOS)
VAN
  1. Beecher, John
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (BOS)
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de LAK
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $80 641 667 $0 $5 400 000 $1 858 333 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 000 000 $$2M)
C
NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 666 667 $6 666 667 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
AG, C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Islanders de New York
750 000 $750 000 $ (Bonis de performance750 000 $$750K)
AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 687 500 $3 687 500 $
DG
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 8
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG
NTC, NMC
UFA - 8
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DD
UFA - 5
Logo de Bruins de Boston
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance150 000 $$150K)
G
RFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 137 500 $1 137 500 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
450 000 $450 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
24 janv. 2023 à 13 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,528
Quoting: CRS1357
I didn't say anything about replacing. I was simply pointing out that every thing they just attributed to Parise describes Trent Frederic who is 24 instead of 38. I don't have a problem with adding depth. But if you are going to spend picks (which the Bruins have few of) spend it on depth you can sign for awhile rather than a guy that could retire in a year or two. The Bruins are old enough there is no reason to waste any assets to get older. Same philosophy behind the Zacha Haula trade.

Lol what are you talking about? If Sweeney is making trade deadline decisions about this squad with 2025 in mind, he should be fired immediately. Parise is the perfect fit. Cheap acquisition that can play on any line, or be a healthy scratch if needed.

Injuries happen
24 janv. 2023 à 13 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
Trent Federic is on pace for 19 goals, has a grand total of about a minute and a half all season long on the PP, and averages less than 30 seconds a night on the PK. He also makes $300K more than Parise (so, not the league minimum.) He also has almost a grand total of 4 playoff games to his name (and has spent almost as much time in the box as he has on the actual ice!)

Other than all that, sure thing, they're the same.

In fairness, frederic is a much better player than parise at this point in time. But parise provides injury insurance for 8 different guys, which is super valuable
dannibalcorpse a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2023 à 13 h 8
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Trent Federic is on pace for 19 goals, has a grand total of about a minute and a half all season long on the PP, and averages less than 30 seconds a night on the PK. He also makes $300K more than Parise (so, not the league minimum.) He also has almost a grand total of 4 playoff games to his name (and has spent almost as much time in the box as he has on the actual ice!)

Other than all that, sure thing, they're the same.

You are completely missing the point. If you want to haggle over the difference in 3 goals go for it. You can see my last post to hopefully understand what I am trying to say. The Bruins have a bad prospect pool and not a lot of picks to replenish them. I don't understand the logic of sending them away for a guy that old when they could either A) Spend the picks on someone younger. or B) save them to draft players and keep the best team in the NHL how it is. Depth add I get it, and I am a fan of making some sort of add at the deadline because this is the last dance. But Parise should be far from top of the board.
24 janv. 2023 à 13 h 10
Démarrer sujet
You are completely missing the point. If you want to haggle over the difference in 3 goals go for it. You can see my last post to hopefully understand what I am trying to say. The Bruins have a bad prospect pool and not a lot of picks to replenish them. I don't understand the logic of sending them away for a guy that old when they could either A) Spend the picks on someone younger. or B) save them to draft players and keep the best team in the NHL how it is. Depth add I get it, and I am a fan of making some sort of add at the deadline because this is the last dance. But Parise should be far from top of the board.

A) like who? Don’t just say, “someone.” Who’s a better fit?
B) save those picks, and then do what if someone gets hurt?
24 janv. 2023 à 13 h 17
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,111

I think you're stuck on the age thing (mentioning him retiring in that other post you referenced) which is a moot point when you're talking about a rental. Parise could be 28, 38, or 48 - not every rental trade has to be made with an eye towards re-signing the guy.

And while I get not wanting to spend futures, well - you break a few eggs to make an omelet, no? A pick in the 90s & another in the 120s aren't a crazy price to pay for the depth Parise gives - as you said, it's the "last dance" so why *not* spend picks that will become players you probably don't see crack an NHL roster for 3-4 years (if ever) and instead get someone who can help your team right now. Instead of having to worry about guys like Mac McLaughlin or Joona Kapponen having to play every night, or guys like Frederic having to play out of position on a line they may not be familiar with (or one their play style might not mesh with), you get a swiss army knife guy like Parise to slot in wherever you need him. You get a big C like Bjugstad who can win faceoffs and play strong defense if a guy like Nosek gets banged up. You get a Schenn in case Connor Clifton turns into a pumpkin in the playoffs.
DefenseFirst a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2023 à 13 h 25
Démarrer sujet
I think you're stuck on the age thing (mentioning him retiring in that other post you referenced) which is a moot point when you're talking about a rental. Parise could be 28, 38, or 48 - not every rental trade has to be made with an eye towards re-signing the guy.

And while I get not wanting to spend futures, well - you break a few eggs to make an omelet, no? A pick in the 90s & another in the 120s aren't a crazy price to pay for the depth Parise gives - as you said, it's the "last dance" so why *not* spend picks that will become players you probably don't see crack an NHL roster for 3-4 years (if ever) and instead get someone who can help your team right now. Instead of having to worry about guys like Mac McLaughlin or Joona Kapponen having to play every night, or guys like Frederic having to play out of position on a line they may not be familiar with (or one their play style might not mesh with), you get a swiss army knife guy like Parise to slot in wherever you need him. You get a big C like Bjugstad who can win faceoffs and play strong defense if a guy like Nosek gets banged up. You get a Schenn in case Connor Clifton turns into a pumpkin in the playoffs.

This is pretty well put. If you could just turn injuries off, no trades are needed. Just roll with it. But you can’t do that. With the exception of the left side of the d, these three trades protect the team against injury to any skater
24 janv. 2023 à 13 h 26
Modifié 24 janv. 2023 à 13 h 31
Quoting: DefenseFirst
A) like who? Don’t just say, “someone.” Who’s a better fit?
B) save those picks, and then do what if someone gets hurt?

If we assume that Reilly and Smith get shipped out to clear cap. I would say Garland or even Puljujarvi not my favorite choice but an option. Could add Schenn too which I'm fine with. Also Zboril is a viable third pairing defenseman if Clifton becomes a pumpkin and we have Stralman if things really went wrong.
24 janv. 2023 à 13 h 27
This is pretty well put. If you could just turn injuries off, no trades are needed. Just roll with it. But you can’t do that. With the exception of the left side of the d, these three trades protect the team against injury to any skater

Don't mind the thought of other moves its just Parise.
24 janv. 2023 à 13 h 35
Démarrer sujet
If we assume that Reilly and Smith get shipped out to clear cap. I would say Garland or even Puljujarvi not my favorite choice but an option. Could add Schenn too which I'm fine with. Also Zboril is a viable third pairing defenseman if Clifton becomes a pumpkin and we have Stralman if things really went wrong.

Puljujarvi sucks. Parise is a way better play, and again…the point you seem to be stubbornly missing…can play up and down the lineup.

Adding Garland means losing Pastrnak. No way around it.

Put a smidge of thought into this before shutting it down the way you are.
24 janv. 2023 à 13 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Don't mind the thought of other moves its just Parise.

So you’ve watched him play one or two games this year and just made a judgment. This is just a ridiculous take of yours.
24 janv. 2023 à 13 h 41
Puljujarvi sucks. Parise is a way better play, and again…the point you seem to be stubbornly missing…can play up and down the lineup.

Adding Garland means losing Pastrnak. No way around it.

Put a smidge of thought into this before shutting it down the way you are.

Why does Garland mean losing Pasta ?
24 janv. 2023 à 13 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Why does Garland mean losing Pasta ?

The national hockey league has a salary cap.
24 janv. 2023 à 13 h 51
The national hockey league has a salary cap.

Smith, Reilly, Foligno, Nosek, likely Bergeron and Krejci all coming off the books ? I would hope we wouldn’t decide to pay those first 3 another 9.8 mil in cap hit next year…
24 janv. 2023 à 13 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Smith, Reilly, Foligno, Nosek, likely Bergeron and Krejci all coming off the books ?

Bergeron likely isn’t. Not sure you can say reilly isn’t. Bonus overages. You can just go build a roster if you’d like. That’s kinda why this site exists. It doesn’t work.
25 janv. 2023 à 12 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Smith, Reilly, Foligno, Nosek, likely Bergeron and Krejci all coming off the books ? I would hope we wouldn’t decide to pay those first 3 another 9.8 mil in cap hit next year…

Bergeron likely isn’t. Not sure you can say reilly isn’t. Bonus overages. You can just go build a roster if you’d like. That’s kinda why this site exists. It doesn’t work.

Any other reasonable suggestions? Or is still just anyone with a pulse not named parise regardless of whether or not the cap makes sense?
25 janv. 2023 à 13 h 25
Any other reasonable suggestions? Or is still just anyone with a pulse not named parise regardless of whether or not the cap makes sense?

How about an Acciari return
25 janv. 2023 à 13 h 54
Démarrer sujet
How about an Acciari return

Can he play up and down the lineup? I don’t think so.
25 janv. 2023 à 14 h 0
Can he play up and down the lineup? I don’t think so.

I don't understand a need for "up and down the lineup." The top 3 lines are fairly interchangeable already. Are we banking on 3+ injuries to the top 6? If so I don't care who you get no team can weather that.
25 janv. 2023 à 14 h 8
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,111
I don't understand a need for "up and down the lineup." The top 3 lines are fairly interchangeable already. Are we banking on 3+ injuries to the top 6? If so I don't care who you get no team can weather that.

It's less about weathering a ton of injuries and more about being able to keep lines together without having to scramble everything when someone gets hurt. Parise being able to slot in anywhere means that, instead of sliding Trent Frederic up to the second line if someone gets hurt, you get to leave him down on the 3rd line (where he works best) and slot Parise into the 2nd line. That's why he's valuable - he's able to keep up on a more offensive line and able to lock it down on a more defensive line. He can fill in on your power play if a guy's out, or he can kill penalties effectively. Guys like that are key for a Cup contending team - just look at the types of guys that Tampa & Colorado have targeted in trades & signings over the past few years.
25 janv. 2023 à 14 h 20
Démarrer sujet

The post below is a pretty good explanation. What happens if debrusk gets hurt? Disrupt every other line, or just slide up an acquisition that can play up and down the lineup. Remember in the world of yesterday when i compared it to the rich peverley addition? It’s that.

It's less about weathering a ton of injuries and more about being able to keep lines together without having to scramble everything when someone gets hurt. Parise being able to slot in anywhere means that, instead of sliding Trent Frederic up to the second line if someone gets hurt, you get to leave him down on the 3rd line (where he works best) and slot Parise into the 2nd line. That's why he's valuable - he's able to keep up on a more offensive line and able to lock it down on a more defensive line. He can fill in on your power play if a guy's out, or he can kill penalties effectively. Guys like that are key for a Cup contending team - just look at the types of guys that Tampa & Colorado have targeted in trades & signings over the past few years.
25 janv. 2023 à 14 h 22
The post below is a pretty good explanation. What happens if debrusk gets hurt? Disrupt every other line, or just slide up an acquisition that can play up and down the lineup. Remember in the world of yesterday when i compared it to the rich peverley addition? It’s that.

Debrusk is hurt right now and the Bruins are on a 6 game winning streak...
25 janv. 2023 à 14 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Debrusk is hurt right now and the Bruins are on a 6 game winning streak...

Cool. Don’t think they’re going to be playing montreal in the playoffs. Are you just being intentionally obtuse at this point?
25 janv. 2023 à 14 h 30
Cool. Don’t think they’re going to be playing montreal in the playoffs. Are you just being intentionally obtuse at this point?

Obtuse? What even is your point here? You just take the last game and ignore everything else? Also included in the teams beaten since Debrusk's injury are the Kings, Leafs, Rangers, and Parise's sorry-ass Islanders. I doubt you'd make a sarcastic comment like that about beating the second-in-the-league Leafs or are you being "intentionally obtuse"?
25 janv. 2023 à 14 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Obtuse? What even is your point here? You just take the last game and ignore everything else? Also included in the teams beaten since Debrusk's injury are the Kings, Leafs, Rangers, and Parise's sorry-ass Islanders. I doubt you'd make a sarcastic comment like that about beating the second-in-the-league Leafs or are you being "intentionally obtuse"?

It’s just a ridiculous stance. You know what I’m talking about. If i had to guess, i think you’ve probably realized you were wrong. This whole, “oh I don’t understand what you mean by up and down the lineup,” act is just that. An act.

Of course you know that there’s a difference between some random games in january and games in the stanley cup playoff. Cmon
25 janv. 2023 à 14 h 54
It’s just a ridiculous stance. You know what I’m talking about. If i had to guess, i think you’ve probably realized you were wrong. This whole, “oh I don’t understand what you mean by up and down the lineup,” act is just that. An act.

Of course you know that there’s a difference between some random games in january and games in the stanley cup playoff. Cmon

Yes the playoffs are different. But the fact that we have sustained injuries and continued to win games without any moves is relevant. I think the deadline needs to be about depth and youth. You lost the argument the moment you decided on Zach Parise that is the crux of my stance. The Bruins shouldn't have Parise as even a thought

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage